imageRegister

Author Topic: Proving Grounds Week 3 Heavy- Well, the heavies won't get stomped this time!  (Read 1323 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Raze: 20-38

Ayla and Wizard:  Tanked

Hugo- High heavy's version of a red mage. True Fire, Wind, and excellent evasion backed by a solid physical.
Estelle- Trails suggestion.
Aima- Brutal damage IPs, durability of woah. Wants more speed.
Raquel- Classic borderliner. Offense and durability of woah, speed of ;_;

Hugo vs Luca
Hugo  vs KOS-MOS
Hugo  vs Red
Hugo vs Clarissa
Hugo vs Xenobia
Hugo vs Garai
Hugo vs Warrior (FF3)
Hugo vs Edge (FF4)
Hugo vs Fujin
Hugo vs Vayne
Hugo vs Jack
Hugo vs Kika

Aima vs Luca
Aima  vs KOS-MOS
Aima  vs Red
Aima vs Clarissa
Aima vs Xenobia
Aima vs Garai
Aima vs Warrior (FF3)
Aima vs Edge (FF4)
Aima vs Fujin
Aima vs Vayne
Aima vs Jack
Aima vs Kika

Estelle (Trails) vs Luca
Estelle  vs KOS-MOS
Estelle  vs Red
Estelle vs Clarissa
Estelle vs Xenobia
Estelle vs Garai
Estelle vs Warrior (FF3)
Estelle vs Edge (FF4)
Estelle vs Fujin
Estelle vs Vayne
Estelle vs Jack
Estelle vs Kika

Raquel vs Luca
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS
Raquel  vs Red
Raquel vs Clarissa
Raquel vs Xenobia
Raquel vs Garai
Raquel vs Warrior (FF3)
Raquel vs Edge (FF4)
Raquel vs Fujin
Raquel vs Vayne
Raquel vs Jack
Raquel vs Kika
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:13:30 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Hugo vs Luca- Hugo is horribly heal locked here.
Hugo  vs KOS-MOS- Speed+status curing on his healing.
Hugo vs Red- High grade ITE physicals and tankiness. That is not good for Hugo.
Hugo vs Clarissa- Kneejerk wind of sleep's enough. Also Hugo is very fast, may beat Clarissa out with some form of damage.
Hugo vs Xenobia-
Hugo vs Garai- Will breaker is ITE.
Hugo vs Edge (FF4)- Parry slown Edge's status enough.
Hugo vs Fujin- Should be able to status her way to victory.
Hugo vs Vayne-Unsure. Depends on if Vayne's techs ignore evasion and how good his status defense was.
Hugo vs Jack- Soul Breaker. E: Wind of Sleep-Final flame- chip shot works for me.
Hugo vs Kika- Kneejerk.

Raquel  vs Luca- I think? Dragon Edge is badly nerfed by Luca and he has magic damage, but Raquel resists fire and has a lot of tricks to fall back on fights like this. 
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS- KOS goes first? Oh dear god. S-Chain does horrible things here.
Raquel  vs Red- Has ITE and evasion. The ID helps too.
Raquel vs Clarissa- Raquel no likely being slow.
Raquel vs Xenobia- Petrify... I think. Raquel's offense is unpleasant enough that she may be able to down Xenobia before it connects.
Raquel vs Garai- Will Breaker is magic *and* inflicts slow.Yuck.
Raquel vs Edge (FF4)- Image/Sleep/ITE Fumas. It's enough.
Raquel vs Fujin- I don't allow the black market stuff.
Raquel vs Vayne- ooo elfboy!
Raquel vs Jack- Soul Breaker.
Raquel vs Kika- Outslugs.

Aima vs Luca- Two rounds. Don't think Aima can do anything about it.
Aima  vs KOS-MOS- S-Chain.
Aima  vs Red- Physical tanking.
Aima vs Clarissa- Tanks through Sacrifice spam.
Aima vs Xenobia
Aima vs Garai- outslugs. Garai is going to give Aima a high end limit, this will not end well.
Aima vs Edge (FF4)- Mmm, think so. Image, then sleep blitz when Aima gets close to 50% IP.
Aima vs Fujin- Confuse, I think.
Aima vs Vayne- Aima tanks through puny overrealm. 
Aima vs Jack- Status whoring. Go away Jack.
Aima vs Kika- Aima doesn't lose slugfests.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:35:01 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Xenobia's status is, if not 100%, then very close to it, according to my memory and Gourry's notes. After you get hit by it you get one turn then you die. Block petrify or lose pretty much. edit: I guess the argument is Hugo can win with Healing Winds and doubleturns which... mm. Seems unlikely but is possible if you give a lot of speed respect for S3 healing speed? Raquel has no shot without a stone blocker though (and a tough fight with one).

Super, Wind of Sleep is faster than Jack, and he can't block sleep. (If for some reason you disagree you should probably flip the vote on Clarissa too, as Clarissa is undoubtedly faster than Jack... I see it that way and I have a high respect for TB speed SDs.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 04:21:11 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Hugo vs Luca - Fire slashes couldn't be evaded, could they? That's bad.
Hugo  vs KOS-MOS - Riiiiight, his healing also cures status. That tilts this.
Hugo  vs Red - Red's immune to sleep on top of the ITE and tankiness. Hugo doesn't bother showing up for the match.
Hugo vs Clarissa
Hugo vs Xenobia - Doesn't block stone.
Hugo vs Garai - Sure, I'll buy it.
Hugo vs Warrior (FF3) - Hugo vs someone with nothing but evadable physicals works really well. For Hugo.
Hugo vs Edge (FF4) - Image gets Edge exploded with True Fire, and going for physicals to status runs into Hugo's evade. Not to mention Hugo is also really goddamn fast. Not Edge's kind of fight.
Hugo vs Fujin - Hugo immunes Silence and Poison from her Pain spell, and is fast enough that I don't see Slow helping her all THAT much. So she can blind him and slow him down, but...actually the blind may do it, since his damage spells are slow and she's got high M.Def. But...he cures status on his healing, right. Man, fuck if I know. EDIT: general consensus seems to be that Hugo takes this and I kneejerk respect Fujin way too much.
Hugo vs Vayne - Overrealm should get enough through Hugo's evade to kill him. His concrete wasn't that hot, iirc.
Hugo vs Jack - No sleep blocking, eh? Jack gets outsped on the status whoring then.
Hugo vs Kika - Wind of Sleep does it's job.

Raquel vs Luca - He has magic damage, but it's of the wrong element. Thinking she will manage to crunch through his defenses in time.
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS - S-Chain does horrible things to Raq, and KOS's magic damage is not of the wrong element.
Raquel  vs Red - Re-Al Phoenix spam probably works here. Faster, ITE, SaGa element defense hitting is weird and usually favorable to multi element attacks like Re-Al, and I let Red start transformed. So.
Raquel vs Clarissa
Raquel vs Xenobia - Seems like she can get a petrify blocker, and...I generally will respect Raq's slugging abilities? Gonna hand her this one, could be argued.
Raquel vs Garai - Her speed sinks her here.
Raquel vs Warrior (FF3) - Advance is a nice trick. Have fun getting slaughtered after dropping your def by using it.
Raquel vs Edge (FF4) - Image ruins her day fast. EDIT: it seems POIZN BITE ruins his faster. That is glorious.
Raquel vs Fujin - Does Haste let Fujin double before Raq's second turn? If it does, Haste -> Survive one hit -> Sai -> magical poke should win. ...if she survives that one hit. Not sure here.
Raquel vs Vayne- Overrealm -> Chaos Devotion x2 + Blade Pillar = roughly 4.2x average damage. All physical though, and Blocker is a concern. Is that enough to kill Raquel? I...think not quite, which is pretty impressive on her part. And two of her turns easily kills Vayne.
Raquel vs Jack - He has ID, Paralyze and Confuse to throw out, and she can't block all of that. Think any of those are basically fatal, too.
Raquel vs Kika - Falcon against that defense is a problem. Also, Blocker is a concern.

Rest of Hugo later
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 05:02:08 PM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Estelle (Trails) vs Luca
Luca: The one boss in S2 who can take a hit.  Hilariously enough Kloe might have won here thanks to Luca's weird Silence vulnerability...
Estelle  vs KOS-MOS
Weird match.  I don't think XS3 KOS is the right pick here and XS2 is lol, so XS1 hype.  Estelle unloads to start with before KOS can ruin her stats.  Then the question is "how much does XS1 DEX down hurt Estelle's magic hit rate" since I think Estelle barely finishes the KO with another Blue Impact, and despite VIT down KOS only 2HKOs post S-Chain.
Estelle vs Clarissa
Clarissa.
Estelle vs Xenobia
Estelle blocks Stone, but it doesn't matter, her EP is limited and she can only get offense in on very rare doubles and the MP-efficient offense is terrible.
Estelle vs Garai
Bleh CC bosses.  Probably Garai, I assume he can tank Estelle's doom combo.
Estelle vs Warrior (FF3)
So, if Warrior uses Advance but an enemy is faster than him and smacks him, does he eat the defense penalty?  Warrior can apparently chuck DEF for speed so he's going first and OHKO'ing unless Estelle interrupts with Barrage, but Barrage needs the damage boost to OHKO.  Even if hypothetically Advance's defense reduction takes place at the start of the round, that just makes the match a 50/50 guessing game.
Estelle vs Edge (FF4)
Blocks Edge's status, Image is worthless.
Estelle vs Fujin
Kneejerking against FF8 non-Ulti boss HP.
Estelle vs Jack
Estelle can blocks 2/3 of Jack's status, and stat topic doesn't list the hit rate on Shadow Bind, so not overly inclined to respect it (block ID & confusion).  Estelle heal-locks with her physical, so Jack can only safely attack or go for status on doubles...  but stat topic doesn't list Heal Blade's MP cost!  Uh.  That's kinda important here.  I suspect Jack wants status, I suspect he only 3HKOs here and Estelle has full-healing, so even if Heal Blade is cheap, once he gets 2 double turns in Estelle will just heal it off, Jack attacks, and then Jack has to wait for another double while he gets heal-locked again.  So yeah.  Is Shadow Bind any good?  And how costly is Heal Blade?

3-5-1.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Aima vs Luca - Scatter Hit is probably good enough here.  It needs to be!
Aima vs KOS-MOS - Gonna assume S-Chain slows Aima offense down enough.
Aima vs Red - Well this match is familiar to me.
Aima vs Xenobia - Tanks a Scatter Hit.
Aima vs Garai - *kaboom*
Aima vs Edge (FF4) - Probably can whore his way past her game.
Aima vs Vayne - Man she doesn't even need to survive Overrealm here to me and she does it anyways.
Aima vs Jack - *sigh* status whoring, go away.

Raquel vs Luca - Resists fire, is smashy.
Raquel vs KOS-MOS - Oh lordy S-Chain vs. Raq.
Raquel vs Red - ITE, has evasion of his own
Raquel vs Xenobia - Not sure here.
Raquel vs Garai - what. look i though blocker only affected basic physicals okay :/.  And if Slow's that bad it doesn't even matter.
Raquel vs Edge (FF4) - Image not really Raq's friend here.  Edit: buuuut poizn isn't Edge's.
Raquel vs Vayne - Tanks through Overrealm.
Raquel vs Jack - *sigh*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:40:45 PM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Throwing a little bit up now

Aima vs Luca- So...this depends a lot of IP gain. Luca attacking 3 times could really move her IP up significantly given the way that her stuff adjusts. Actually, Wave Motion may help here too, but it all depends on IP gain rate
Aima  vs KOS-MOS
Aima  vs Red- Red can be hit by Stun? Is that like Paralysis
Aima vs Clarissa
Aima vs Xenobia
Aima vs Garai
Aima vs Warrior (FF3)
Aima vs Edge (FF4)
Aima vs Fujin- Respect her going first more
Aima vs Vayne
Aima vs Jack
Aima vs Kika

Estelle (Trails) vs Luca- Like Garai, need to calc this out
Estelle  vs KOS-MOS- S Crafts (and crafts aren't), so hits even through Hit Down. Crit Ether Limit X Buster would do it though. (Starting with 100 CP means Estelle wins cleanly)
Estelle  vs Red- Oddly enough, I think this may be Estelle's. Tearal has 115% recharge time, so Red doesn't double in time to me (He's at like 119%)
Estelle vs Clarissa
Estelle vs Xenobia
Estelle vs Garai- Calc later. All depends on if she can do enough damage at that 100 CP (or it spells let her double).
Estelle vs Warrior (FF3) (Pretty clean win starting at 100 CP for Estelle, at least taking her at 98% Speed since I don't give stat credit for Orbments)
Estelle vs Edge (FF4)- Block Sleep works here
Estelle vs Fujin- Abstain, because I did not note how FF 8 Confuse works (if Fujin's damage hits Confuse out, then Estelle may hit 100 CP) (Starting with 100 CP=Estelle crushes)
Estelle vs Vayne
Estelle vs Jack- She only blocks 1 status to me.
Estelle vs Kika- All the healing speeds have a quick recharge, so Kika doesn't even get to double. Estelle heals until 100 CP, boom.

Raquel vs Luca
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS
Raquel  vs Red
Raquel vs Clarissa
Raquel vs Xenobia
Raquel vs Garai
Raquel vs Warrior (FF3)
Raquel vs Edge (FF4)
Raquel vs Fujin
Raquel vs Vayne
Raquel vs Jack
Raquel vs Kika
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Hugo vs Luca Blight - Hugo has very little way to deal with the flame slashes, considering he just doesn't have enough shots of Healing Wind. He needs three doubles to win and has like, what, four charges of it? Not working.
Hugo vs KOS-MOS - Wind of Sleep => Fire L4 => close with a physical. KOS-MOS doesn't see the light of day, and Hugo may win even if WoS misses a first time (Healing Wind helps A LOT there).
Hugo  vs Red - I would be very unsurprised if Red OHKOed. He likely doesn't need to.
Hugo vs Clarissa Arwin - I'm pretty sure Wind of Sleep is faster than Clarissa.
Hugo vs Xenobia - A more extreme version of Luca here. Hugo doesn't have the resources to keep petrify and Xenobia's 2HKO at bay even with the massive speed split.
Hugo vs Garai - oh god unevadable physicals against Hugo.
Hugo vs Warrior (FF3) - Hugo's evade gives Warrior hissy fits.
Hugo vs Edward "Edge" Geraldine (FF4) - Even if you don't allow Yellow Scarves, Edward screams bloody murder against Hugo evade.
Hugo vs Fujin - Goes first and 2HKOs at worst.
Hugo vs Vayne Aurelius - Once again, evade rips badly into Overrealm's effectiveness (Mana Khemia enemies don't evade, they just have Blocker - and EVERY SINGLE PHYSICAL ATTACK IN THE GAME rams into it). Hell, Funeral Wind is quite possibly faster than Overrealm in practice.
Hugo vs Jack van Burace - Wind of Sleep goes first. The end.
Hugo vs Kika - Only part of Kika's Falcon Rune is ITE! Wind of Sleep also tilts this further to Hugo's side.

Raquel Applegate vs Luca Blight - Luca three-rounds Raquel with Flame Slashes after factoring in her fire resist and she 2HKOs. This doesn't go well.
Raquel Applegate vs KOS-MOS - Good lord, S-CHAIN against Raquel.
Raquel Applegate vs Red - Nasty speed split there and Red ignores evade. Raquel still 2HKOs, but I think Red 3HKOs himself and may do so even through Dragon Edge (which just delays the inevitable). He just needs to watch out for Red Zone, but SaGa swordsmen and damage control: they have it.
Raquel Applegate vs Clarissa Arwin - lol ohko.
Raquel Applegate vs Xenobia - To block Stone, Raquel becomes -slower than Xenobia- and Xenobia defense means Raquel gets 2HKOed through Dragon Edge, I think. Without the stone blocker, she just doesn't have a chance.
Raquel Applegate vs Garai - EDIT: Slow sucks? bai
Raquel Applegate vs Warrior (FF3) - Warrior -3HKOs- Raquel with Advance even before the evasion factors in, and Raquel's coasting on a 2HKO herself. Physicals aren't a good way to go with her (Red is kind of a freak in that regard).
Raquel Applegate vs Edward "Edge" Geraldine (FF4) - Equipping a sleep blocker is a nice start, but Edge instadoubles Raquel if she goes that route, and he has a 4HKO that ignores defense -and- evade for starters. Sleep isn't turn one against that evade, though - and Edge wants to open with Image anyway (less dangerous, since he might trigger a counter trying to inflict sleep and that uh hands him his ass unless he's doubling or Raquel's asleep, and she's almost guaranteed to get turns even -after- Sleep connects). So, Raquel uses POIZN BITE (the poison goes through Image). He can even move out of the hex if you fly that way, but Edge still loses 25% mHP, wastes a turn doing so and Raquel just reapplies it while also weakening Image - no leeway really made. And... yeah, that kills in time definitely, since any damage poison deals means Edge DIES if he doesn't have Image up. Poison Bite winning Raquel a Heavy match, what the flying -fuck-.
Raquel Applegate vs Fujin - Kneejerk of Fujin status whoring working -really- well when she goes first. It uh just doesn't happen often.
Raquel Applegate vs Vayne Aurelius - This is crazy easy, Raquel doesn't die from an Overrealm chain even if she dodges no hits at all. Vayne is -awful- without SP to spend.
Raquel Applegate vs Jack van Burace - Blargh. Raquel's stats become -awful- if she blocks both ID and Confuse (as in Jack easily instadoubles her and gets occasional tripleturns), and there's still paralysis concerns.
Raquel Applegate vs Kika - Kika's evade makes this fight interesting in a vaccuum, but she 4HKOs before evade concerns apply and Raquel 2HKOs.  I think Raquel manages to outrace that once you factor in Rapid Attack.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:09:31 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Edge should seriously use Pin if poison's a worry against Raquel. Her substandard Mdef and absolutely awful speed make it worth considering for once.
-------------------

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Her MDef is actually slightly above average (by a couple points or so. Lone Wolf is fucking badass, yo). It's her HP that's below average. It's still a race against time and fighting against Image reapplications. If you don't see Edge moving from hex to hex (which is a time waster as is), if she's awake, Rapid Attack also means he has less time to apply the status, and it's like 25% at base. He's better off hoping Sleep connects. I do see your point (and actually considered Pin for a moment. IN FACT, it was the final reason I decided Raquel didn't want to block Sleep, he lands Paralysis before dying in that case and it's an instant match-ender), but the base accuracy and the fact Edge's running at such a tight schedule that runs off -his- turncount makes me lean against it. He probably doesn't even get to cast Pin thrice, and it's turn four.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 07:08:17 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds Week 3 Heavy- Well, the heavies won't get stomped this time!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 07:52:42 AM »
Hugo vs Luca: Yeah this is straightforward.
Hugo vs KOS-MOS: It feels like KOS-MOS absolutely needs both S-Chain and X-Buster to be 1-turn moves here, which isn't actually possible. Even then WoS might ruin everything.
Hugo vs Red: Good news for Hugo: he's faster. Bad news: he only 3HKOs while Red 2HKOs. And Red has some evasion. Healing Wind just admits a lock.
Hugo vs Clarissa: Faster, which makes Sacrifice suck.
Hugo vs Xenobia: 5 healing winds? Yeah that ain't cutting it here, Xenobia's only slightly less durable than Ghaleon.
Hugo vs Garai: To win this, Hugo needs (a) Yellow Scarves to immune slow (although CC slow kinda sucks so maybe not), (b) to 3HKO, (c) to doubleturn with a 9-8 turnsplit before running out of 5 Healing Winds.
Hugo vs Warrior (FF3): Oh good, the evade-reliant showed up.
Hugo vs Edge (FF4): And again. Hugo immunes most of Edge's status to boot.
Hugo vs Fujin: Hugo's opening physical does too much damage, Fujin can't slow him down enough from there. Also, friendly reminder that Fujin is much slower than Ultimecia since people seem to like to imagine the reverse.
Hugo vs Vayne: More evade.
Hugo vs Jack: Faster, WoS then 2HKO.
Hugo vs Kika: Faster, WoS then 2HKO.

100 initial CP for now.

Estelle (Trails) vs Luca: Heal-locks pretty effectively.
Estelle vs KOS-MOS: Estelle can block blind, thus letting her win with two spells and an S-Craft? The question is what sort of stat hit that inflicts. I have no idea. If she doesn't block blind then one of her two Blue Impacts are missing on average. Estelle can't really afford to lose much damage or durability here. edit: okay, she can afford a 1% hit to her physical durability.
Estelle vs Red: Has a heal-lock (with low-cost moves) and is faster
Estelle vs Clarissa: Boom.
Estelle vs Xenobia: Estelle can block petrify and heal/win on doubleturns? Eh, no, her EP supply is too low for that.
Estelle vs Garai: Fast and durable enough.
Estelle vs Warrior (FF3): Just plain OHKOs surely, Warrior is a monster. If for some reason I'm wrong, is faster and heal-locks with a non-advance physical, isn't OHKOed. Advance damage penalty only applies for part of the round (I believe it's after it is used, not before, but I forget for certain).
Estelle vs Edge (FF4): Blocks sleep and confuse both if need be, has better damage regardless of any stat hit I can conceive of this game having.
Estelle vs Fujin: Not terribly high Fujin respect these days.
Estelle vs Vayne: Just tanky enough to survive Estelle's nonsense. Estelle not tanky enough to survive Vayne's nonsense.
Estelle vs Jack: Probably Jack but conceivably Estelle if the stat hit from her statusblockers is minor. EDIT: No, Jack's durability is worse than I thought; average physical and notably below average magical, so Estelle just one-rounds him.
Estelle vs Kika: 2HKOs, just survives an Estelle turn thanks to decent Def.

Raquel vs Luca: Think I agree with Snow here. Luca would take it without the ITD nonsense though.
Raquel vs KOS-MOS: S-Chain makes Raquel kinda suck. Ether Limit X-Buster also just OHKOs, I think?
Raquel vs Red: Yeah, he should just manage the 3-2 and 3HKO. Gets mangled horribly if Raquel counters but... mm. No, even with Morrigan Brand, not too inclined to respect that.
Raquel vs Clarissa: Nope.
Raquel vs Xenobia: Yeah no, Xenobia is too damaging to get outslugged by def-nerfed Dragon Edge.
Raquel vs Garai: Garai doesn't even 3HKO here (he is all physical, also slow is a 17% speed cut attached to an even worse damage move and isn't even that accurate, whoopdedo), nor does he instant double. Not sure where on earth the hype is coming from here. blah blah blah Dragon Edge assuming she doesn't just outright 2HKO.
Raquel vs Warrior (FF3)
Raquel vs Edge (FF4): Sure I'll buy Snow's argument.
Raquel vs Fujin: Raquel doesn't like blind much. And Raquel is taking a stat hit to block sleep.
Raquel vs Vayne: Limited resources against Raquel's Dragon Edge 2HKO. Nope.
Raquel vs Jack: eh sure
Raquel vs Kika: Raquel against pure physicals tends to end well for her.

Hugo 8-4
Raquel 6-6
Estelle 4-8

Red, Xenobia 3-0
Luca, Clarissa, Garai 2-1
KOS-MOS, Warrior, Fujin, Vayne, Jack, Kika 1-2
Edge 0-3
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:53:23 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Proving Grounds Week 3 Heavy- Well, the heavies won't get stomped this time!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 08:25:40 AM »
Elf: Checking a FAQ...  the Trails cast loses almost nothing to equip blockers (this squares with my recollection of usually having at least 1 blocker on.)  Well, sort of.  The best storebought competition is the Proxy Puppet which is one of those auto-life break-on-revive accessories, but if you allow that as legal then the cast is thrilled and all moves up an entire Division, and if you don't they shouldn't be punished for not wearing it.  After that, it's terrible.  You can stack Work Gloves & Wooly Knit Cap for +3 DEF / +2 DEF.  Endgame Estelle has 231 Def, so she can equip a status blocker for free, and 2 status blockers for like +1% damage.  (Also, the Long Barrel is arguably legal for Tita, since she wants it a lot more than Olivier, which gives her +2 regular attack Range, for whatever that means in the DL.  So she can arguably chuck that instead.)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 04:50:10 PM »
Thanks. Yeah, that's a minor enough hit, and secures her win over KOS-MOS. Also, over Jack too, checking things: I think we both kneejerk overestimated his durability (ACF gave him HP, but in WA1 he's about average, with bad MDef), so Estelle one-rounds him.

Maybe.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 06:31:09 PM »
Poison bite applies to the hex, doesn't matter if it misses? I forgot that. That...is hilarious. Changing vote.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2013, 01:07:11 AM »
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS - SIGH
Raquel vs Clarissa - If Arnaud, who has above average HP, takes like 95% damage from Sacrifice, Raquel who is below average easily gets OHKO'd.
Raquel vs Garai - *checks stat topic*. Um...Willbreaker is physical and the pseudo-slow effect is from Triple Cut, which deals *less* damage than Willbreaker. He like 5HKOs with Triple Cut, and that's so not a turn he can afford since Raq 2HKOs him back with no issue and Rapid Attack still exists. Not to mention CC fatigue does not impress me at all.
Raquel vs Edge (FF4) - See Snow. Too lazy to math this out.
Raquel vs Fujin - So here's all the statii that can screw Raquel over: Blind, Confuse, Sleep, POIZN (Red Zone anti-hype!). She can even use dual blockers if you allow it (I allow one only, but no stat penalty), but it so doesn't matter when there's 4 lethal status and 1 of them she has no blocker access for. Around the best she can hope is POIZN Bite. Guaranteed to hit and Fujin was weak to POIZN. This also doesn't matter because Pain into Sai is a guaranteed kill here and Sai is ITE. gg.
Raquel vs Vayne - Lives through Overwhelm. Counter smashings.
Raquel vs Jack - Increasingly moving towards voting on ACF forms for me. Bunch of math involved since there's no handy dandy equation like Assault Buster, so might have some errors.

Anyway, Jack deals about 1700 damage to Raq with Laser Silhoutte. Yes, it deals less than normal because of her massive defense. So he 3HKOs. Raq on the hand, 2HKOs easily. So the question is, does ACF Jack 3-2? He's about 1.12x average using a standard TB to CTB conversion (x1.25 for every +1 SD). Using Snowfire's method to get CTB ticks, this means he gets turns on the 89th clocktick, the 178th clocktick and the 269th clocktick. Raquel starts at 0.65x average, but boosts up to average with Rapid attack. So her first turn is at the 154th tick and her second comes out at the 254th tick. So no, he fails to(barely) and gets wrecked.

Raquel: 4-3
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »
General warning: Updating this round tonight, get any votes/edits in now!
-------------------

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »
Hugo vs Luca: Luca. Flame Slashes.
Hugo  vs KOS-MOS: Hugo. WoS?
Hugo  vs Red: Red. Overwhelms.
Hugo vs Clarissa: Clarissa. Faster.
Hugo vs Xenobia: Xenobia. Too much HP.
Hugo vs Garai: Garai. Heal-locks with ITE.
Hugo vs Edge (FF4): Hugo. Edge's status isn't connecting in time.
Hugo vs Fujin: Hugo. kills before she gets going.
Hugo vs Vayne: Hugo. Evade durability?
Hugo vs Jack: Hugo. Faster status.
Hugo vs Kika: Hugo. Faster.

Aima can open with either Pause Palm or Scatter hit for me (50 starting IP)
Aima vs Luca: Aima. Probably gets Chakra off.
Aima  vs KOS-MOS: Aima. Pause Palm? OHKO?
Aima  vs Red: Red. May 2HKO through the HP?
Aima vs Clarissa: Clarissa. Does more damage than Aima has HP via 3 Sacrifices. She has a 68% chance of this strat working, so.
Aima vs Xenobia: Xenobia. Status.
Aima vs Garai: Aima. Too much tanking/damage.
Aima vs Edge (FF4): Edge. Status.
Aima vs Fujin: Aima. OHKO.
Aima vs Vayne: Aima. OHKO.
Aima vs Jack: Jack. Status.
Aima vs Kika: Aima. OHKO.

Estelle (Trails) vs Luca: Luca. Too much pressure.
Estelle  vs KOS-MOS: Kos-Mos. S-Chain.
Estelle  vs RedRed. Just better.
Estelle vs Clarissa: Clarissa. Rob Turn-> KO should do it.
Estelle vs Xenobia: Xenobia runs her out of charges
Estelle vs Garai: Garai. Heal-lock.
Estelle vs Warrior (FF3)
Estelle vs Edge (FF4): Estelle. Blocks status.
Estelle vs Fujin: Estelle. One-rounds.
Estelle vs Vayne: Vayne. KOs first.
Estelle vs Jack: Estelle. Status blockers should do it.
Estelle vs Kika

Raquel vs Luca: Raquel. Perfect matchup for her.
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS: Kos. S-Chain.
Raquel  vs Red: Red. 2HKOs(?) and gets around Red Zone.
Raquel vs Clarissa: Clarissa. OHKO.
Raquel vs Xenobia: Xenobia. Has the damage for this.
Raquel vs Garai: Raquel. Physicals and Red Zone and such.
Raquel vs Edge (FF4): Raquel. Status is crapped out by dodge/Blocker.
Raquel vs Fujin: Fujin. Status.
Raquel vs Vayne: Raquel. Tanks and KOs.
Raquel vs Jack: Jack, Shadow Bind?
Raquel vs Kika: Raquel. Physicals.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »
Hugo vs Luca
Hugo  vs KOS-MOS
Hugo  vs Red
Hugo vs Clarissa
Hugo vs Xenobia
Hugo vs Garai
Hugo vs Warrior (FF3)
Hugo vs Edge (FF4)
Hugo vs Fujin
Hugo vs Vayne
Hugo vs Jack
Hugo vs Kika

Aima vs Luca
Aima  vs KOS-MOS
Aima  vs Red
Aima vs Clarissa
Aima vs Xenobia
Aima vs Garai
Aima vs Warrior (FF3)
Aima vs Edge (FF4)
Aima vs Fujin
Aima vs Vayne
Aima vs Jack
Aima vs Kika

Raquel vs Luca
Raquel  vs KOS-MOS
Raquel  vs Red
Raquel vs Clarissa
Raquel vs Xenobia
Raquel vs Garai
Raquel vs Warrior (FF3)
Raquel vs Edge (FF4)
Raquel vs Fujin
Raquel vs Vayne
Raquel vs Jack
Raquel vs Kika
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A