imageRegister

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 123  (Read 990 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 123
« on: November 21, 2013, 11:21:09 PM »

"Ho ho ho ho! Let's see if you can survive this, then!"

Link to the Dungeon Wiki!

----------------
**Full Heals reset limit and other types of gauges when teams pass through them.
**Characters that join after the start are locked into the relative stats they have at that time until they would officially join.

Team Pyro | Rikku, Ryu2, Lilka, FFT Chemist, and Rand (Firefly)
[Floor 4a: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Pyro vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest
Team Pyro vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi
Team Pyro vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato
Team Pyro vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang
Team Pyro vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma

Team Dhyer | Cecilia (Speed?), Alys, Terra , Ronfar, Jean(Lunar)
Team Dhyer vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest
Team Dhyer vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi
Team Dhyer vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato
Team Dhyer vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang
Team Dhyer vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma

Team Snowfire | Yuri2 (as Trode), Guv, Yangus, Jessica, Angelo (SSL)
[Floor 6b: Overachievers]
Team Snowfire vs. Ashera and Dheginsea
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Isolde and Crazed Eye
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Profound Darkness and Dark Force 3
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri

Team dude | Mei-Ling, Feena, Aika, White Rose, FFT Monk  (Vantage)
[Feena: Water Egg]
[Floor 2b: Magical Mystery]
Team dude vs. FFT Wizard, Oracle, Priest, Summoner and Time Mage
Team dude vs. Sarah (S3), Estella, Joker and Piccolo
Team dude vs. Boss Magus
Team dude vs. Narshe Kefka
Team dude vs. Rasputin (SH2)

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Speed? - The effective speed of one character is set to 120% (1.2x) average speed. This number may be further increased by Haste effects.

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget and status moves are not affected, however status attached to damage is.

Vantage Effect - Counterattack abilities activate before being attacked and also increases the chance of any counter attack activation skill to 100%.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 123
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 12:40:05 AM »
Team Pyro vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest: Everyone but Laike gets stoned, dude.
Team Pyro vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi: Petrify Grenade. Handle Kyra in suitably violent fashion. I don't know if her healing move cured status. Lilka is nailing her Lightning weakness too.
Team Pyro vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato: Status grenades (They aren't blocking all of sleep/silence/stone/blind).
Team Pyro vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang: Sleep/Petrify/Silence. Gotta catch em all.
Team Pyro vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma: ENOUGH STATUS GAMES! IT'S MORPHIN TIME! Ryu2 kills everyone. Lilka lets him do it before anyone of these folks do anything constructive.

Team Dhyer vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest: Prison Laike. Jean/Alys/Terra KO Luna. The rest fall apart easily enough.
Team Dhyer vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi: nix Hahn and Kyra, then KO Demi. IF she goes for revival the next round sees her worse off.
Team Dhyer vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato: Prison Albel? Not sure if Alys can Death anyone here... Saner probably helps. Cecilia may go down, but Terra and Ronfar can rez her. And Jean can try for status. This is a bit of a messy battle and probably deserves more look, which I'm sure Dhyer will give.
Team Dhyer vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang: Death Yang. Ceci can use the move that grants Parasol-like status... I'm not too sure of this fight though.
Team Dhyer vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma: Saner can help, but the team isn't built for blitzing. And surely Prison isn't landing every time this floor?

Team Snowfire vs. Ashera and Dheginsea: MT Lightning would work nicely here. I think Guv had that? He's kinda slow though. The two's MT damage is just nasty together...Angela have Magic Burst? That'd probably help. It was ITD Fire? Or just magic fire? Probably KOs either way.
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF): Charlton had MT Disease? And Katrina had a variety of very large AoE damages.
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri: THis is a  mean fight. I'll let Snowfire argue but I think the jig is up.

Team dude vs. Boss Magus
Team dude vs. Rasputin (SH2): Just offhand, I want to say "Aika vs. the Magic floor. Maybe I'm wrong and she can't spam Delta Shield here?

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »
For the 4th fight, my goal is just to paste everyone but Yang before they go. Even if Yang goes first and statuses Cecilia, I'm having Terra's Fire 2 Morphed (which may even be above average damage and is only resisted by Porom of the 4 slugs), Alys's MT (how effective you see this depends on her scaling. It can arguably go all the way up to average here, in which case, Terra+Alys just kill off everyone but Porom). Jean has ??? damage +50% status odds (GT) to contribute too, but the way I view Alys and Terra makes it not matter much.

For the FFT fight, Status Lock->They Cry. My blitzing powers are okay (Terra smashes and at this point, Jean can pump out very good ST physical damage), at least in comparison to the FFT team (which only depends on status).

Also, go go sucky DL status Moonshade. MT 80% Sleep, and if the enemy only loses that one turn, that's generally more thatn enough since Alys is generally faster than them all.
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 12:57:11 AM »
Jean's good ST damage is floor 5 or 6. It's pretty late.
Was Ceci's Status Lok MT?
Moonshade being that good helps a lot, like in the SO fight.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 01:19:55 AM »
For the record, Jessica's build isn't the recommended / default build for this floor (assuming you allow that).  She can basically hit one skill at 100 skill points by F6, and normally it'd be Kazing (extra revivers is nice), but I think for this floor she'd definitely prefer Magic Burst.  So rather than Staves 100, Fisticuffs 75, it'd be Staves 75, Fisticuffs 100.  (Note that you can technically complain I should have mentioned this on F5 since if Jessica digs too deep into Staves then she obviously can't switch back out, but oh well, hindsight + not knowing exactly the F6 options.)  Note that Magic Burst won't have the MP+100 off lots of Staff ranks, BUT Guv's damage isn't as impressive as it'll be on F7 either, so.

If someone wants to, I can try to make writeups assuming the default Kazing build, but with all the Full Heals Jessica would probably prefer the set everything on fire immediately build.  (Kazing would be helpful as an emergency safety valve in the PS4 fight, I guess.

Team Snowfire vs. Ashera and Dheginsea
Magic Burst flattens the Auras and probably kills Dheginsea outright, especially if you factor subtractive defense as less effective against one huge shot of damage.  If you don't, it doesn't matter too much, Yuri can grab some Lightning damage to finish Dheginsea off.  Ashera resolves one action then dies horribly with no Auras to support her, Guv Omniheals, then beatdown.
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)
Charlton is smashed by Magic Burst, Katrina is gravely wounded (and gets super speedy!) but can't possibly kill EVERYONE before she dies.
*Full Heal*
I don't have a good sense of Mana Khemia bosses, so will let others volunteer to look at this one first.
*Full Heal*
PD1 has an ST OHKO, DF3 can either have some okay MT physicals or else try and debuff agility (EDIT: Or not, dur, SSL).  PD1 wants to probably kill Yuri repeatedly (unless Arc Shield can save him from this?) which will basically lock down Yuri & Angelo in a revive loop.  So DF3 goes for damage, and he's letting my Accelerate stay up, and at worst DF3 trades with Guv's Omniheal while Jessica & Yangus kill him.  Okay, so DF3 is down.  PD2 & PD3 can spam powerful MT damage that gets even better thanks to SSL, but it still doesn't reach OHKO level, and worst comes to worst there's still Arc Shield hype.  An MP-taxing fight but hey, that's what the Full Heals are for.
*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri
SSL nerfs all their worst tricks, so that leaves the MT damage rush.  Also interp split for what "always goes last" means.
a) If "always goes last" means "very late in the round" and/or you don't have huge Kunino HP respect, just smash him.  Magic Burst breaks the damage curve and everyone else throws their best damage at him to kill him before he takes a single action.  The DQ8 team together should be dealing around 1.6 PCHP by default, except Magic Burst frontloads the damage, so it's more like 2.2-2.4 PCHP before the SSL debuff.  Throw in Yuri damage from Neo Amon and that should take down Kunino fast.
b) If you see Kunino as average speed, and Jess/Angelo/Yuri as not able to blitz him...  well, there's still Arc Shield hype.  Kunino apparently deals .41 PCHP MT magical damage, and Izanami deals .61 PCHP MT damage, so it's ~1.12 PCHP with the SSL penalty baked in, but should still be survivable for everyone post Arc Shield, I believe.  If you disagree, then Jess & Angelo use Bounce their first turn - Kunino can waste a turn to cancel it, but that's okay, it gives Yuri time to do something nasty like Arc Shield -> Energy Charge -> prepare to smash Kunino while Guv heals the team.  If this method works, this also has the virtue of preserving Jessica's MP for Izanami 2.

In situation B,  Quad Converge is theoretically dangerous except it's only available in a tight HP range, so it should not be a big deal to chip around it.  Once Kunino is dead, that leaves Izanami 2, but she can't MT OHKO right away off 2x Megidolaon.  She can theoretically MT OHKO on turn 2 with something like Megidolaon / Mind Charge -> Megidolaon x2, although I'm not 100% sure her AI will do that?  Regardless, with bufiing, pretty sure I can smash through her HP fast enough that she only sees 1 turn.  Use those 3 warm-up turns on stuff like Accelerate & Arc Surge.  (Note that I'd probably see Guv's Flame Slash as not running into Izanami's physical resistance, since SMT seems to just use a single element for such things, not a mix?  He still takes a damage cut to use Flame Slash rather than something better, but better than the pure physical / lightning stuff.  Guv feels for Kanji.)

It's a nasty fight, but I think it's doable for the general level of P4 boss respect that seems to be out there.  (The more HP you give 'em, the harder the blitz strategies become to pull off, and Izanami 2 in particular just becomes a flat loss, I think.  No good way to stop MT death on her 2nd turn, neither Bounce nor Arc Shield is enough to stop Charged Megidolaon + Megidolaon.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:27:04 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 01:53:10 AM »
Jean's good ST damage is floor 5 or 6. It's pretty late.
Was Ceci's Status Lok MT?
Moonshade being that good helps a lot, like in the SO fight.

If Jean's ST damage is that late, then it probably doesn't deserve much prorated DL hype! (Luckily don't think it matters here!)

...into the nightfall.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 05:10:22 AM »
Team Pyro vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest
Team Pyro vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi
Team Pyro vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato
Team Pyro vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang
Team Pyro vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma- This team is nasty, etc.

Team Dhyer vs. Lucia, Gywn, Ramus, Luna, Laike and Tempest- Status out Luna, ID Laike.
Team Dhyer vs. Kyra, Hahn and Demi- Cecilia, for all that she isn't exactly a damage maven, can do fun things to pre-Barrier Demi with her Lightning spell.
Team Dhyer vs. Albel, Adray, Noel, Precis and Chisato- Moonshade and Status Lock. Blessed MT Status Lock. Jean having a chance to probably status 1 of them (I figure that the GT is probably big enough for a range of 2, and 50% means someone will be hit) doesn't hurt
Team Dhyer vs. Palom, Porom, Tellah, Fusoya and Yang- Yang Sleeps Cecilia, Alys and Terra combine to basically kill everyone else (Since the best Mdur of the 4 is 75% of average). No Edward in this fight makes it a lot easier for MT.
Team Dhyer vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf, Olan and Alma- Status lock vs Beowulf and Olan damage (let alone FFT Cloud and Alma issues). I think this floor got slightly easier while the 4b floor got even harder.

Jessica- Magic Burst- 1.22 (post SSL) PC HP Damage (Well, it depends on how much you assume you are equipping skill points for damage as default
Jessica is 360 (TDL x 2, 1 Magic Burst)
Guv and Angelo are technically both Lightning Storm for 205? (This is likely Guv's default; it's statistically best for Angelo, but he loses Kathwack, Fuddle and Oomph. I'm going to assume for Guv, but not Angelo). This is also not assuming Golden Oldies for Yangus for all that it appears to be the same as Big Banga DLwise but like half the cost.

Team Snowfire vs. Ashera and Dheginsea- Well, they don't have a problem with this match barring unlucky evasion levels on Ashera

*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Katrina and Charlton Blunt (XF)- So which Charlton here. 1 doesn't have the MT, but is so much more durable. Charlton 2...I guess 1.4 PC HP, 52% MT Magic. Either way, this is the first three turns of battle
Charlton: Either MT Magic or hit Yuri
Jessica: Magic Busrt
Katrina: Finish off Yuri
Likely Turn 4: Angelo: Revive Yuri
If Charlton 2, Guv can either...Omniheal...or kill Charlton 2. Charlton 2 doubles Yangus, so if Guv doesn't finish him off now, he doesn't get finished off soon, so he does that. So let's assume Charlton 1. Obviously then one key here is that until Charlton is dead, they can prevent Yuri from seeing a turn. Guv can attack Charlton...but Charlton will drain Yuri, get attacked by Yangus and Jessica, and then drain Yuri again. I guess Accelerate here. Hopefully that should see them out.

*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Isolde and Crazed Eye- Crazed Eye is 2.2 PC HP, tad slow. 31% MT Physical with 25% MP damage. Isolde will be going for form 2 since...form 1 is badly suited against Jessica overall. 130% Speed, 135% PC HP, 41% magical damage+break that acts another 3 times. Isolde opens with the damage...but Magic Brust+Crazed Eye being slow should make this okay.

*Full Heal*
DF 3- 66% MT Physical ("Darkness"); Arguably can't do anything else here (I mean...I guess speed down bangs into SSL but Dispel wouldn't), Like...3.3ish PC HP or something
PD 1- 101% Magical Damage; 2.6 PC HP
PD 2- 85% MT Magical Damage, 106% ITE Physical Damage, 3 PC HP
PD 3- 117% ITE Physical, 96.5% MT Magic, MT Dispel, 4.15 PC HP

Jessica opens with Magic Burst
Everyone else->Whatever
DF 3 and PD 1->Kill Yuri, hurt everyone else badly. Jessica and Yangus take...a long time to kill somebody (not too long for Jessica, but still can't use a spell every 1 of 3 turns, and is taking a overall damage hit after the first move. Yangus...well, now his best is either highly MP intensive or unfocuses). So yeah, need Accelerate to be protected by SSL, need a lot of Accelerate->double hype, need to keep their MP up.

PD 2 and 3 are fun here. Just...hard for this team to go on the offensive. Yangus->Will really not have much MP less. Angelo->Not in ideal damage setup, Kazing is not cheap. Guv->Omniheal isn't particular cheap when needed to be spammed. Jessica->Blows most of MP at once. It's not impossible, but needs 2 calls plus some luck.

*Full Heal*
Team Snowfire vs. Izanami and Kunino-Sagiri- Kunino has 47% MT Damage, 55% ST MP Damage or Dispel normal buffs or Dispel Reflect. PS 4 topic claims 3.4 PC HP and halves damage.

Izanami...on turn 2...can do like 1.5 MT PC HP. And needs to be killed and then get another 3 turns until that form is dead. That 3 turns is a killer, because buff->overkill->should someone still be alive somehow follow damage spam will be very unfriendly.

Yes, Izanami 1 is more damaging (Granted with sucky durability). Note that overall though, not seeing this one end so well. The team is not optimally equipped for damage long term (That's Jessica with a whip). Izanami resisting Lightning and Physicals slows down Guv (it also means that if Yuri wants to do more damage, he needs moves with recharge). Both of them also have some notable evade in a game where evade gets everything.

Either fights 4 or 5 could prove overly brutal here I think.

Team dude vs. Boss Magus
Team dude vs. Rasputin (SH2)- Aika>This floor

...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 06:55:08 AM »
Pyro/Dhyer/dude pass, abstain on Snowfire.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
Pyro/Dhyer/dude pass.

Not much to say to Dhyer's comments, I actually agree with him in that given that level of P4 boss respect, my team does bite it, and seeing PS4 bosses as tankier means that Guv & Angelo's MP will be nearly empty by the time I eke it out.  I haven't actually played P4 so I'm not really in a position to argue too deeply about P4 boss respect levels, but Izanami is certainly legit even as a straight slugfester in the DL, I'm totally cool to losing to her when the F10 final fight was at one point Izanami + Nyarlathotep + irrelevant P3 final, and Kunino isn't that much worse than Nyarlie.  (Potentially scarier, for Confuse-vulnerable teams that can't chip him safely, in fact.)