Author Topic: SHINING FORCE NEO  (Read 1756 times)

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
SHINING FORCE NEO
« on: April 24, 2008, 05:43:32 AM »
I just beat this game and wandered if it was possible to add these cast of characters to the dl. I have all endgame levels written down for each character and all the stats. Is it alright if I post them? Max would be one hell of a godlike......while on the other hand Vandolf is one of the weakest final bosses in rpg history.
I think......I think I want to be forgiven. Mhhm. More than anything.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: SHINING FORCE NEO
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 05:54:36 AM »
That depends on several things.

A. How well did it sell?

B. How many people in the DL, specifically the writing staff, have played it?

C. How well it can be interpreted into the DL?

And so on.

Since I have heard literally nothing about the game since it came out, odds are low. However, you can still make a stat topic for the game in the Unranked subforum if you have all this information, if there isn't one already.

Edit-And there's always NR if you can find art for the game and can convince Tonfa/Super/whoever's running that freakshow now to put it in.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 09:21:33 AM »
I played SFNeo, it's not the worst game ever, but it's got too many problems to gain the necessary playership to be ranked.

Essentially, Shining Force Neo has no chance of being ranked, though you might be able to get it into a NR tournament if you beg.

A Stat Topic though, would be nice to see, since literally NONE of the Shining ARPGs have stat topics, and they have some interesting duellers even if the games themselves are kind of bland. With a stat topic, then SFNeo could at least be included in a few of the Tournament Board events, since you seem to have really liked the game.

Also, on a related note, they included Adam (the robot from SF1) into the playable cast, so if there's a stat topic, people could vote on his alternate form.

Although, I think Adam got booted from the DL Proper. Perhaps he'll be the candidate for NR?

-Djinn

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »
beg? The game was alright. The storyline was horrible and the voice acting was god awful. The only thing that kept me going was that it kind of had a diablo esq feel to it. I will post the stats later on today, but it would be cool if Max at least got to use the alternate form in the dl.......he would just annihilate shit.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »
There... might be an argument for ShF1 Max = ShFNeo Max, but it's kind of slim. Also, if the formsplit is as staggering as you say, then I doubt anyone would vote on ShFNeo Max.

-Djinn

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:28:10 PM »
You might as well say that ShFNeo Max is Unrankable, or somewhere as a Light - his skillset is derived COMPLETELY from his equipment, storeboughts are a mess (the same thing NEVER shows up in a shop twice), his stats are a total variable (considering you can basically mess with them at will with a grid and enough points), and did I fail to mention the problem with equipment?  Yeah, even his battle capabilities rely heavily on what he has equipped, not to mention that you can buy equipment levels easily.

It's far, FAR worse than the split on SoE Boy, if that's any indication.

Still, being able to get damage tests done for any non-Max character is going to be hell and a half, since you can play as no character BUT Max, the others can go off screen, and numbers fly everywhere.  At least it's somewhat interesting with innate character traits, like Graham being immune resistant to Lightning and Baron being Fire weak and Ice resistant.

Oh, not only that, but he'd have to test EXACTLY what all the OTHER character's spells do!

Yeah.  So this game is a downright mess for ranking, even for NR.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 08:01:27 PM by Magic Fanatic »

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 04:54:21 PM »
I haven't played the game, but Magic pretty much has the right of it for the issues such a game would have. And that's before getting into the drawing/writership issues that Djinn noted.

Now I will say that with NR's track record for throwing some really off the wall stuff into the mix, there is a very good chance that you could get Tonfa to put someone from the game in, but only if you do a stat topic.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:09:49 PM »
Magic Fanatic is definitely right. His capabilities mostly come from the equipment and the secret arts you obtain through the game. Maybe if you were to only allow secret arts and the equipment you get through the story line. The equipment and secret arts he gets through the legion hives are optional. So if you allowed storyline stuff, hew would be a high middle low heavy at best. You can't control any of the other characters, but they each have their own unique abilities and set of moves......so they could be ranked. I will post a stat topic soon, I have it written down...I'm just being lazy at the moment.

Lord Ephraim

• Denizen
  • Scientific Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 05:47:13 AM »
Quote from: cloudstrifesheart
SHINING FORCE......

*avoids topic*