Author Topic: RPGDL 2016 Season 1, Week 1  (Read 2149 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2016 Season 1, Week 1
« on: January 12, 2016, 01:47:31 AM »
Godlike

Deamoned (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia)
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI)
Mitsuo Kubo (Persona 4) vs Defender X (Final Fantasy X)
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V)

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default)
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default)
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy)
Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II) vs Jeff (Earthbound)
Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default)
White Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F)

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2016 Season 1, Week 1
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:57:12 AM »
Godlike

Deamoned (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia)- How do I feel about BoF5 boss HP today? Thinking.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI)- Brutal.

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default)- Blitz.
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default)- Mage.
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Strong kneejerk.

Middle

Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)- Too much offense
Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- Sleep. Yushis resists Yang's physical quite heavily, but it doesn't matter because of sleep.

Light
White Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)- Wall, outlast.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 02:34:41 AM »
Godlike
Mitsuo Kubo (Persona 4) vs Defender X (Final Fantasy X) - Not much Shadow Mitsuo respect on my end, and if I'm going to let him double up on Megidolas (which I've never even seen him cast) I don't see a reason not to let Defender spam Haymaker.
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V) - that difference between my boss scaling and elfboy's probably costs Jecht here

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default) - Protect -> stuff I guess
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default) - Yep.
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Firebird should 2HKO after weakness and I'm not sure what Lucario can do about it.

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - this is ugly
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Doubt Sain can avoid Hammerblow here.

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II) vs Jeff (Earthbound) - Charm Arrow probably scrapes the 2HKO
Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default) - I really don't think so.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 06:45:10 PM by Random Consonant »

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 02:36:19 AM »
Godlike

Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V) - Kneejerk, though I could be argued for the other way.

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default) - I want to say that Garnet has just the right tools to spoil Knight.
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Another kneejerk

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - He makes Crowe proud.

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II) vs Jeff (Earthbound) - They both 2HKO, and Kahn is faster.  Unless I'm forgetting something big, but I also don't feel like recalculating damage based on Jeff using a Crystal Charm (+15 Speed) instead of an Earth Pendant.
Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default) - Algus AI means that he won't use Accumulate if there's an enemy in range.
White Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) - This match is sad.
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) - Emma needs more turns to set up than Mao gives her to live.  Emma CAN win this, but needs a lot of judgement calls in her favor:
Download lets her restore MP in the middle of a match
Mao doesn't 2HKO through Great Booster defenses anyway
WA:ACF sleep lasts at least five turns and isn't broken by failed attempts to kill
Spontaneous Combustion kills Mao through ID protection
What Emma would do to win is Great Booster -> Renovation -> Hypnotizer -> Hypnotizer (And pray that the 50% chance of sleep landed by now) -> Download -> Spontaneous Combustion at least 3x to win.

Disallow any of those, and...  Yeah.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 10:52:09 AM by Magic Fanatic »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 02:43:56 AM »
Godlike

Deamoned (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia)- Ramirez overall respect is pretty low
Mitsuo Kubo (Persona 4) vs Defender X (Final Fantasy X)- Massive damage differenential here
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V)- Jecht likely gets smacked by Charm (which FFX doesn't hit and he's hittable by both Confuse and Berserk)

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default)- Okay, note to self: post new status topic sometime this week. Garnet retains only either Blind or Berserk being turn 1 (not at home right now. I believe it's Blind she keeps). Assuming that's right, Knight blocks Blind and OHKOs
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default)- You generally need Fire resistance to beat Ominas Crowe in Heavy given the 2HKO damage and the HP
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Gut. Angelo doesn't especially like good physical bosses
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- Coming in with a large elemental weakness against Artea and no way to shut him down turn 1 is...not pretty.

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy)-OHKO! Not by a lot, but that doesn't matter.
Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)- Yeah, coming in with a faster 2HKO that eventually becomes a OHKO is not good for Hope.
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- Bad news for Barret: No respect for L2 ID limit. Sain should avoid the evil limits.
Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II) vs Jeff (Earthbound)- Both 2HKO, Kahn is not Jeff speed
Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default)- Nothing Venture alone should be sufficient (also worth noting that if accessories are allowed, I think SM probably wants attack up instead of speed up because speed up means SM is actually caring about his/her base physical and not counters). Am I forgetting something about Algus?
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F)- New status scaling makes Arc-en-Ciel pretty dangerous. Mao can't block Sleep. Hmm, I wonder if Emma is now not a Light to me.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 02:53:31 AM »
Nothing Ventured damage is fairly wretched, it likely misses the 7HKO Algus's temp appearance (and temp Algus should 7HKO through Nothing Ventured spam even before considering he has little reason to attack into Nothing Ventured spam until he stacks Accumulate a bunch) which is what I go by these days.  Should handle boss Algus unless you give him good support credit though.  My estimate could be a little off here, but even in the best case for SM his odds aren't too good to me.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:03:38 AM by Random Consonant »

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 04:01:00 AM »
Mitsuo Kubo (Persona 4) vs Defender X (Final Fantasy X) - Slugs waaaaay better.
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V) - Carbuncle has nothing but a high 3HKO with L3s at full HP. Jecht sits and petrifies him when he transforms as scripted on turn 4.

Heavy

Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Goes first, 2HKOs hitting weakness with Firebird.

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - rip
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - I take half gauge at start. Barret wins with an L2 (Hammerblow). He can solicit a counter by attacking Sain when he wants; if the counter pushes him to a limit, he gets an immediate turn. So the question is whether Sain can successfully chip to avoid this while also avoiding Barret provoking a counter that knocks him into limit threshold (roughly ~40% damage taken). I'm kneejerking no but I am lazy and will be convinced by math disputing this conclusion

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II) vs Jeff (Earthbound) - Assuming people are right about the faster 2HKO with Charm Arrow
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:13:40 AM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 04:48:50 AM »
Godlike

Deamoned (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter) vs Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia): Never comfortable with BoF5 bosses.
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI): Oh that's going to leave a mark.
Mitsuo Kubo (Persona 4) vs Defender X (Final Fantasy X): FFX boss superiority?
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V): FFX boss superiority?

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default): Blind?
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default): I don't think Aether is enough healing.
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Healing and buffing.

Middle

Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII): Trusting Dhyer's view here.
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): L2 Limit ID?
Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen): Wasn't Yang a Heavy?

Light

Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 08:00:15 AM »
Carbuncle's great evasion & defense actually work against it here.  Dunno if I'd allow Jecht to *skip* turns, but he can certainly basic attack.  I *think* the countdown to vulnerable gets reset with each HP trigger, but regardless Jecht can surely manage 3 actions that don't knock Carbuncle to 66% health before its defenses drop and lol stone.

Heavy

This is all about Garnet's status odds, she does need turn 1 Berserk, so if Dhyer says she doesn't have it...  well, Knight isn't entirely out of the woods.  Garnet opens with Protect.  Knight should still kill with 3 super charges, so Knight will go Default->Default->Kill.  (I don't think defense buff -> 2x super charge will do it, that's only 1.40 PCHP -> .70 vs. Protect.)  That gives Garnet turns 2 & 3 to stick Knight with a status, though, so she just needs a "turn 2" status. 
Uhhh, pretty sure Ike wins a raw slugfest off doubling & range 1-2 counters here, but Sleep is the problem.

Middle

I guess.

Light

Boss Algus, but with support credit so his HP isn't total trash.  If I did use Guest Algus I'd probably enforce actual FFT guest AI (way harsher on ally AI than boss AI in the DL) which I suspect would walk into the counterattacks anyway and not use Accumulate spam).  Anyway, Nothing Ventured is an 8HKO to average but knocks SM's durability up to 2.50-2.80 PCHP...  so Algus like 10-16HKOs that.  what the crap is this.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:09:48 AM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 09:04:28 AM »
Right, Protect should swing the match back in Garnet's favor. Normally bad, but since Knight needs to use BP to kill in one turn, it works.

With Carbuncle, isn't it only susceptible to Stone in one form (that is horrible and will never be used)?

Definitely boss form Algus to me, since there are no PC legal notes for Algus since I would need them from when Algus leaves.
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 01:50:45 PM »
Carbuncle's "horrible form" is pretty clearly something it has to go into, as it does so after three turns and there's zero reason for him to do it in-game either (and is thematically consistent with his summon form; it feels like his buffs wearing off). Letting it not do that is equivalent to saying "well Doel never leaves invincibility ever lol" even though he also does so after a set amount of time. (Checking the BMG, Snowfire's right that the HP limit would reset the timer, which sure I'm willing to give him credit for I suppose even though it feels like a quirk of the limitations of FF5 AI.)

If guest Algus exists at all he probably doesn't have Accumulate. He has better things to spend his highly limited JP on, if he even gets that much (Head Break has certainly been brought up in more DL matches).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:19 PM »
Also, at risk of pointing out the obvious, but Carbuncle still has an argument depending on your lategame FFX boss HP respect, since Carbuncle still gets to reflect 3 spells at Jecht, and if you hold walking in with everyone (or even just SOME characters?) with a full overdrive or the like, Jecht might not survive.  I might even buy this myself that 3x Ice2s nail Jecht...  but...  I'd be willing to spot Jecht his pillars though, and Carbuncle always casts its spells reflected off itself which means functionally rando-targetting, which means good odds of wasting damage on smashing a pillar.  (or REGEN hype helping him survive?!)  Not normally inclined to hold bosses to their AI THIS strictly but seems a solid enough reason for a tiebreaker against Carbuncle even if Jecht's HP is bad enough to fall into the danger range, which it might not anyway.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 11:42:46 PM »
Personally I think Carbuncle's best hope of winning is that his HP is just so bad that Jecht can't avoid knocking him into limit range. (He has defences, but 5000 FF5 boss HP at that point is a sneeze, less than 1/3 average PC... I do imagine the defences probably "save" Jecht here, along with Jecht Beam's low damage, but I should probably doublecheck...)

As far as boss support goes I really don't agree with considering the Yu Pagodas, there is a considerable amount of evidence that they're Yu Yevon (notably they're still around after Jecht's cutscene death). Allowing them feels analogous to allowing Chupon in any DL Ultros matches.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2016, 12:27:25 AM »
Fair enough, yeah.

Checking your stat topic, Jecht's physical ignores evasion (bad!) buuuut Jecht Beam is a mighty .105 PCHP damage that's running into Carbuncle's good MDef, so Carbuncle's HP needs to be seen as pretty wretched for that strat to work.  Amusing match, Carbuncle wants horrible HP & defense while Jecht wants bad damage subject to evasion.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2016, 02:03:09 AM »
Godlike

Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V) - Not really feeling the "some bosses get to ignore their in-game mechanics and some don't" argument.

Heavy

Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy)- BUT BUT HOLD???
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) Surely.

Light

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 02:45:39 AM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI): This might be an intriguing fight if not for Shrine Maiden Glancer.
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V): Carbuncle doesn't actually cut magic by that much... 15% or so compared to Exdeath (who isn't average, but is what I use as my benchmark for damage for simplicity). And Carbuncle's HP... I'd assume a damage average of around 2050, so he's 84% PCHP. Carbuncle is... probably faster, though I'm not sure exactly what speed to take him against. So Jecht needs to avoid 3HKOing the first phase. Jecht Beam does 10.5%, cutting that by 15% means 9%... just misses doing 28% over three hits. Super-close!

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default): Protect then some status, probably.
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default): Sleep's nice and all, but isn't really needed when Ominas has a 2HKO with Fire...
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King): Angelo gets heal-locked by someone with break damage, goood luck with that.
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals): 2HKOs first. Lucario does have a pretty mean strategy here with Close Combat + Extremespeed, but that misses the 2HKO on Artea.

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy): Oh my, 35% average durability against fire magic, Lich?
Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII): Hope under Protect isn't 2HKOed... but Juno can buff to get that back to 2HKO, or turtle with a shot of healing. And her turn 5 limit is a win. EDIT: Hm, actually, it's water, so Hope can survive it with Protect + Barwater. But not if Juno has buffed. I think the fight goes...

Juno: Attack to force Hope to heal
Hope: Haste/Protect (Hope doubles immediately, but won't again before turn 5)
Hope: Heal
Juno: Attack (3HKOs)
Hope: Use some attack sequence, presumably 3HKOing. Alternatively he uses Faith/Barwater.
Juno: Attack
Hope: Must heal or Juno attacks him and he dies
Juno: Bold Move
Hope: Still can't complete the KO
Juno: Attack + special, KOs through Protect+Barwater

Yep.

Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Yeah I doubt Sain is avoiding Hammerblow.

Light

Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default): Counters get around Auto-Potion! That's something. This is pretty close, but my kneejerk is the stat topic undersells Swordmaster a little... even without Norende there are three katanas better than Masamune and not many PCs would want them...
White Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III): Element resistance probably wins this?
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F): I'll admit I'm mostly voting this way because the idea of Arc-en-Ciel being a turn 1 fatal status move makes me twitch. It's arguably 70% here, but confuse/sleep can wear off randomly making it worse? That works.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:56:29 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 02:59:33 PM »
Godlike

Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF) vs Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI) - I wonder if her FFRK skillset could save her?
Jecht (Final Fantasy X) vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V) - I am amused at this match. More matches like this!

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX) vs Knight (Bravely Default) - Sure, Protect -> Turn 2 Berserk
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default) - Is he -really- durable enough that Ike can't kill off of attack + counter?
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - generally lower boss respect tilts it for me.
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals) - Poor doggy, you HAD to draw a mage with a fire spell...

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon) vs Lich (Final Fantasy) - Slaughter
Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII) - SN fights are always fun
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII) vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - Hammerblow blows for you, Sain.
Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen) - Brutal

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II) vs Jeff (Earthbound) - Wow I need to replay S2, I can't hardly remember this guy's stats. If Magic concedes that Jeff loses, then I'll trust he must lose.
Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics) vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default) - Way to suck, Swordmaster.
White Wizard (Final Fantasy) vs Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III) - Easy to vote for not-Nina3
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F) - Hahahaha, Arc-en-Ciel master race time.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »
Ominas is extremely durable, actually. (Possibly shouldn't have been nommed in Heavy, but he is really bad when fire is nulled... he's basically Zog trading backup lightning damage for poison+sleep possibilities, and Zog is generally considered a borderliner.) With 1800 HP against an average damage of 37.5 (per Pyro), he dies in 48 hits, or 12 rounds of straight attacking, and even if you take those numbers down for brave-blitzing they're extremely impressive. There's no way he's under 3PC by any scaling I'm personally aware of, for instance.

Maybe.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 05:42:44 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV) vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)- No vote.

Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 07:57:34 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 06:57:12 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 12:40:32 AM »
Godlike

Deamoned (Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter)- iii vs Ramirez (Skies of Arcadia)- i
Katrina Liane Elesius (Wild ARMs XF)- iiiiiiiii vs Celes Chere (Final Fantasy VI)
Mitsuo Kubo (Persona 4)- i vs Defender X (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiii
Jecht (Final Fantasy X)- iiiiiiii vs Carbuncle (Final Fantasy V)- iiii

Heavy

Garnet til Alexandros (Final Fantasy IX)- iiiiiiiii vs Knight (Bravely Default)- ii
Ike (Fire Emblem Series) vs Ominas Crowe (Bravely Default)- iiiiiiiiii
Tony Eisler (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)- iiii vs Angelo (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- iii
Lucario (Pokémon) vs Artea (Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals)- iiiiiiiiii

Middle

Typhlosion (Pokémon)- iiiiiiiiiii vs Lich (Final Fantasy)
Juno (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters)- iiiiii vs Hope Estheim (Final Fantasy XIII)- i
Barret Wallace (Final Fantasy VII)- iiiiiiiii vs Sain (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- iii
Yang Fang Leiden (Final Fantasy IV)- iiiiiiii vs Yushis (Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen)

Light

Kahn Marley (Suikoden II)- iiiiiiiii vs Jeff (Earthbound)
Algus Sadalfas (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiii vs Swordmaster (Bravely Default)- iiiiiii
White Wizard (Final Fantasy)- iiiiiiiiiii vs Nina Wyndia (Breath of Fire III)
Mao (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- iiii vs Emma Hetfield (Wild ARMs Alter Code F)- iii