Author Topic: RPGDL 2016 Season 2, Week 3  (Read 1673 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
RPGDL 2016 Season 2, Week 3
« on: June 22, 2016, 06:03:56 AM »
Godlike

Lucia (Suikoden Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default)
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star)
Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Jenna Angel (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga)

Heavy

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series)
Keith Valentine (Shadow Hearts) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI)
Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier)
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Bishop Stone (Xenogears)

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV)

Light

Sheena (Tales of Symphonia) vs Sanaki (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Katarina (Suikoden IV) vs White Mage (Bravely Default)
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III)
Cray (Breath of Fire IV) vs Enrique (Skies of Arcadia)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: RPGDL 2016 Season 2, Week 3
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 06:38:09 AM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default)- Ominas is certainly a Godlike to me, just not this level of Godlike.
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star)- Gut reaction of speed+decent durability respect for Charlton (and he's getting good ITD at the end and magic damage otherwise).
Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Jenna Angel (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga)

Heavy

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series)- Charm+Evasion should work well here (or alt, evasion+AP buildup+go for a MA as well)
Keith Valentine (Shadow Hearts) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI)- Faster

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- Taking Yulie with magic damage isn't the best strat generally...unless it takes so long that Jessica gets burst mode (assuming...not?)
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Blade Grasp + White Robe
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV)- Evade+Smash

Light

Sheena (Tales of Symphonia) vs Sanaki (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Massive phys damage
Katarina (Suikoden IV) vs White Mage (Bravely Default)- So Katarina has 9 shots of full healing that also heals status. White Mage has MP concerns going for damage so maybe just tries to turtle while poison slowly whittles down Katarina HP and then conversely MP? But I feel like White Mage will still need to be setting up defensive spells (after that, being hit with an L4 without any mitigating factor will still be pretty painful). Flip is that Katarina also needs to watch out from a Brave Rush, prompting her to need to heal earlier than she would although using division defense means that 4 Holies only does 60% of Katarina's damage (using Katarina's subtractive defense makes this even less). I guess WM probably opens with Reflect, then Poison attempts...but then Reflect wears off and it will need to be put back up. Hmm...good match/headache unless I'm missing something obvious.

Cray (Breath of Fire IV) vs Enrique (Skies of Arcadia)- Gut reaction that Cray's durability keeps him afloat.
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:38:59 AM »
Godlike

Lucia (Suikoden Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - unless someone wants to argue Lucia fending off the double here, no
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default) - I don't think so, anyways.

Heavy

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series) - uhh probably?

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - likely still laughs off Jess forever even after blocking silence
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics) - White Robe/Blade Grasp combo e: actually that might not be enough here. e2: oh Cleo has a 3-2 here, nvm
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV) - Ross really not liking that evade

Light

Sheena (Tales of Symphonia) vs Sanaki (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - Can probably resist all her damage, probably doesn't need to.
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III) - surely
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:11:26 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:15:50 AM »
Godlike

Lucia (Suikoden Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): 2HKOs and isn't OHKOed, and I can't imagine Lucia gets her second turn before Belial's. Actually, her getting her first before Belial's second is already pretty shaky.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default): I'm pretty sure Ryu even immunes f-f-f-fire, to make this even more hilariously unclose.
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star): Okay, Charlton typically tripleturns. Ghaleon can two-round him, and will in fact do so even if Charlton only drains twice there in the middle. Since Charlton doesn't always tripleturn, at least for me.
Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Jenna Angel (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga): Not much to say here.

Heavy

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series): Ike... can win this, but it requires him to 2HKO (or activate Aether on two attacks, which no). And even then he loses if charm is turn 1? We don't have perfect Legaia 2 notes but I'm inclined to imagine Sharon isn't so fragile as to be 2HKOed here.
Keith Valentine (Shadow Hearts) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI): Like last week, a status quickdraw between two people who are below average. Like last week, the FF6er is slower.
Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier): Deflect/Kasumi are a bad time for Spell Fencer and Asellus can block ID.
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Bishop Stone (Xenogears): Stone absorbing elements means Tengaar would have to win this with physicals and uh yeah no.

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4): Jess can put on some pressure with criticals off the double-up thunder skill, but that's really about it. Yulie gets too many more turns and can put far too much pressure on Jess' resources, I think.
Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon): Y'know if you wanted to hype Bowman getting off two Secret Medicines a row against Melbu speed I wouldn't be opposed, but unfortunately that still doesn't outpace Melbu's form 4 damage to me. Possibly not even his form 2 damage. I ain't taking that sort of move at max proficiency.
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics): Hm okay, Cleo should have a 3-2 here. So... she can 3HKO with Explosion even with White Robe and Samurai going for Shell (47% + 30% x2 or so). Of course, she does need to open with Explosion to manage this, so maybe Samurai heals instead? Nah, that just gets him blown up. Good fight though, think I'd vote the other way if I didn't see a 3-2. (Samurai is 82% speed to me, Cleo is 129%).
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV): Yeah, dodges then OHKOs.

Light

Katarina (Suikoden IV) vs White Mage (Bravely Default): Katarina being able to heal and having a strong finisher for forcing heals are both really bad for White Mage.
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III): Uhhh surely. Tia's only magic damage being fire makes this kinda interesting but the healing and speed is surely too much anyway.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:18:45 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 03:33:39 PM »
Lucia (Suikoden Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Yeah, I don't even think Lucia gets a turn here.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default) - This is -not- the kind of Godlike Ominas wants to face.
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star) - I have the feeling Charlton's effective healing needs to be better than it actually is and/or not imply limits to the amount of damage dealt for him to win. Still a better fight than you'd think and I may look at it more closely.

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series) - Yeah, I have my doubts Sharon is 2HKOed by average-level fragile even with the crap defense. Wish we had a better read on Legaia 2 stats, though.
Keith Valentine (Shadow Hearts) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI) - Blady death.
Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier) - Wooooooooooow trying to inflict status on Asellus with physicals, have a fun.
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Bishop Stone (Xenogears) - Even before elemental spoiling, I was skeptical of Tengaar's ability to outslug Stone (look at that EDef). With? Yeah no.

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - uh this is a match where MANA KHEMIA CRITICALS are relevant. I'll get back to you.
Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) - Not the kind of healing you need to handle Melbu.
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics) - eh, burping Elfboy.
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV) - Ross -might- OHKO Warlock, but Warlock most likely OHKOs back and has the evade.

Katarina (Suikoden IV) vs White Mage (Bravely Default) - You know, if Katarina had two L4 charges, I kinda suspect she could win a slugfest with Silent Lake. Since that's not the case, healing ultimately handles White Mage, who seriously hits the wrong durability in addition to all the other woes.
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III) - Yeah surely.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 02:25:23 AM »
Godlike

Lucia (Suikoden Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4): Yuck.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default): Oh man I think Ryu wins this without going Dragon.
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star): Too much edge in durability and damage.
Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Jenna Angel (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga): Uh yeah.

Heavy

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series): I think she has tools for this. MT damage to get around counters and the Mystic Arte, and status though that's kinda iffy with counters in the mix.
Keith Valentine (Shadow Hearts) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI): Not sure how I feel about Deathblade Jiru.
Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier): Yeah I think Deflect makes the spellblades a lot less useful

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics): Fire blocking?
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV): OHKO, I suppose.

Light

Sheena (Tales of Symphonia) vs Sanaki (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Halves her damage and ignores counters even without the chain-combo?
Katarina (Suikoden IV) vs White Mage (Bravely Default): Healing.
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III): I don't think Garr's inaccurate crit move can score an OHKO.
Cray (Breath of Fire IV) vs Enrique (Skies of Arcadia): Buffs defense if Enrique goes for a  high SP move, wins a slugfest otherwise?

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 08:53:37 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- kneejerk?  I kinda... remember Yulie having a small degree of MP regen?  That feels like enough.

Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
In which SF votes for Lucia when she'll lose, after voting against her.

Heavy

Middle

Burping Elfboy with less high TB speed respect.

Light

Enrique should very solidly 4HKO, defenese buffing be damned, with Focus x2 -> Royal Blade x2.   So Cray needs to 3HKO.  Which...  oh hell yes, RIP Enrique.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 12:41:10 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how you'd arrive at this. Obviously as per previous weeks there's no way you'd see Lucia surviving two Tank Drops (she's close to it for me! But yeah). So the only remote argument I can see is that Lucia OHKOs before Belial getting her second turn, which comes at 136% speed (rather inarguably. Even if you apply some speed discredit to WA4 bosses for slow down, that shouldn't come into effect until Arnaud could get a turn in game... and there's almost no way to be at a different level or twink speed otherwise, unless you have a lucky rare-drop Tiny Flower). Lucia's turns come at +1 SD and +0.5 SD, roughly, so you have to have notably higher TB respect than the norm first turn (and then presumably far lower thereafter to explain the Cleo vote), even if you see a Lucia OHKO here.

Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 06:00:54 PM »
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics)- No fire rune.

Enrique vs Cray is really close (Cray's damage seems kind of bad and he has to 3HKO) but eh effort to arguing that. Winner likely gets smacked by Tia anyway.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 12:07:07 AM »
WTF I vote?

Godlike

Lucia (Suikoden Series) vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - So...do I allow EXAs now?  If I don't, Lucia gets 3 actions per Belial's, and probably wins.  If I do (since arguably, you could consider Lucia's triple actions a ghetto version of EXAs), then Belial probably takes it.   Lucia's big MT damage is...not that good, though, and I don't think she can pierce the barrier well enough.  Also...couldn't you status Lucia?  4D Pocket hype!  Probably favouring of Belial.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default) - And...slowly working through this game with friends. 
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF) vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star) - So clearly don't allow EXAs here...so Ghaleon wins easily.
Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Jenna Angel (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga) - Hahahahaha

Heavy

Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier) - Too much Bravely Default!
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Bishop Stone (Xenogears) - More laughter

Middle

Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) - Goddamn bosses :(
Cleo (Suikoden) vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Goddamn allowing all buyable items :(

Light

Katarina (Suikoden IV) vs White Mage (Bravely Default) - Seriously!
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III) - Buyable spells kind of demolishes Garr
Cray (Breath of Fire IV) vs Enrique (Skies of Arcadia) - I...probably?  I err potentially on allowing SoA magic now, but...eh.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2016, 01:45:20 AM »
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default) - And...slowly working through this game with friends. 

Ominas is really, really early, so you may have missed him if your friends were playing then.

...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2016, 05:06:53 AM »

I'm trying to figure out how you'd arrive at this. Obviously as per previous weeks there's no way you'd see Lucia surviving two Tank Drops (she's close to it for me! But yeah). So the only remote argument I can see is that Lucia OHKOs before Belial getting her second turn, which comes at 136% speed (rather inarguably. Even if you apply some speed discredit to WA4 bosses for slow down, that shouldn't come into effect until Arnaud could get a turn in game... and there's almost no way to be at a different level or twink speed otherwise, unless you have a lucky rare-drop Tiny Flower). Lucia's turns come at +1 SD and +0.5 SD, roughly, so you have to have notably higher TB respect than the norm first turn (and then presumably far lower thereafter to explain the Cleo vote), even if you see a Lucia OHKO here.

I'm assuming that Lucia's 1st turn comes before Belial's 2nd and KOs, yes.  My TB speed respect for *doubling* purposes is low, but not for initiative, if that makes any sense.  (i.e. imagine that a perfectly average speed character goes at 100, 200, 300, etc.  A max'd out speed TB character who is given no credit for doubling  might go at 50 (T1), 150 (T2), 250 (T3), etc., while a 120% speed ATB character goes at 83, 166, 250, 333, etc.  So the really speed TB character might outspeed turn 1, but lose this advantage over time.  It usually doesn't matter that much since fights don't last that long and I do give ATB credit to TB speed, just cap it strictly.

Anyway, Belial's allegedly 272% speed or so (which I wouldn't give full credit for, but sure)?  That's 37, 74, 110 for her turns.  I can probably see Lucia as beating out 74.  No, the bigger problem for Lucia is not getting *OHKO'd* by Belial, considering I was willing to see her as OHKO'd by Phoenix Rune!  That's the angle I expected, at least, but so it goes.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2016, 05:28:44 AM »
Yeah, it does make sense. Just, it's... over 50% more TB respect first turn than I have, for instance, so it surprised me! But it does makes sense, especially if you see them as perfectly average thereafter (which I didn't realise). I do the latter for for systems like Super Mario RPG where high speed has literally no meaning later in the fight, but not for systems like Suikoden and Dragon Quest.

Super: Cray's damage is dead average, actually.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2016, 09:36:20 PM »
Lucia doesn't even break 40% damage on one move (she comes close with one, but it's still like 36%), so based on Raquel's damage in the WA 4 topic, seems like Belial shouldn't have an issue surviving one hit anyways.
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story) vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon) - I do, in fact, give a lot of credit to Secret Medicine's proficiency.

Light

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 10:52:04 PM »
Godlike

Lucia (Suikoden Series)- ii vs Belial (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiiii
Ryu (Breath of Fire III)- iiiiiiii vs Ominas Crow (Bravely Default)
Charlton Blunt (Wild ARMs XF)- i vs Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star)- iiiiiii
Elincia (Fire Emblem Series) vs Jenna Angel (Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga)- iiiii

Heavy

Sharon (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- iiiiii vs Ike (Fire Emblem Series)- i
Keith Valentine (Shadow Hearts)- iiiiiiiii vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI)
Spell Fencer (Bravely Default) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier)- iiiiiii
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Bishop Stone (Xenogears)- iiiiiiiiii

Middle

Jessica Philomele (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- iiiiii
Bowman Jean (Star Ocean: The Second Story)- i vs Melbu Frahma (Legend of Dragoon)- iiiiiiiii
Cleo (Suikoden)- iiiii vs Samurai (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiiii
Ross (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones) vs Warlock (Suikoden IV)- iiiiiii

Light

Sheena (Tales of Symphonia)- iiiiiii vs Sanaki (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Katarina (Suikoden IV)- iiiii vs White Mage (Bravely Default)
Tia (Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals)- iiiiiiiii vs Garr (Breath of Fire III)
Cray (Breath of Fire IV)- iiiiiii vs Enrique (Skies of Arcadia)