Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2018 Week 1  (Read 911 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 Week 1
« on: April 08, 2018, 01:05:10 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Black Fiend (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Earthbound Dead (Wild ARMs 4)
Slim Robin (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Ren Amamiya (Persona 5) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)

Heavy

Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Summoner (Final Fantasy V)
Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Max (Tales of Eternia) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier)
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy)
Lux (7th Saga) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)
Marth (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)

Light

Mack (Lost Odyssey) vs Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)
Randolf (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)
Snowman (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)
Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:41:08 AM by Cmdr_King »
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 Week 1
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 02:00:43 AM »
Godlike

Slim Robin (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - If it weren't for Remote Mine I would probably vote the other way, but I don't think Robin's evade shenanigans mitigate it enough for him to do his thing.
Akira Kurusu (Persona 5) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default) - I... think I'm okay with allowing lolshitsune.  Certainly not with Hassou Tobi, mind you, but Joker doesn't need that to make this fight completely and utterly academic.  I mean it's probably completely and utterly academic anyways considering he has other ways to immune physicals but I don't actually want to figure out how I see multi-element attacks interact with SMT today.

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3) - well this is what my interps say at any rate.
Max (Tales of Eternia) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier) - I so do not remember ToE well enough for this.
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening) - oh he has status to use here?  never mind that handles Chrom.

Middle

Light

Randolf (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V) - Randolf can't really do anything but beat his own face in here.
Snowman (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - yeah silence is complete RIP
Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - I kind of wanted to say something about various status shenanigans but then I remembered that Bowser just straight 2HKOs and that's too much of a hurdle.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 12:24:40 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 02:56:34 AM »
Heavy

Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Summoner (Final Fantasy V)- Faster
Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- Maya plays very badly against Aima's type
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)- Status and such

Middle
Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)- Turn 1 Berserk

Light
Mack (Lost Odyssey) vs Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- Kind of hilarious. FP gain from damage and evading means that Mack's best option might actually be Power->Faster>Attempt to OHKO with 3 hit combo (assuming Virginia doesn't evade). I think this works if Virginia doesn't evade (is her evasion above 50%). Fear...could also arguably shut down Gatling (which is like a bunch of normal attacks strung together)? Leaning Mack, but might heavily depend on Virginia's exact evade
Edit: Switching to Virginia. Forgot that Mack's status is turn 3 to me anyways.
Randolf (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)- Confuse lock?
Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Agree that I don't think she deals with the 2HKO and she's slow?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 07:47:33 PM by Dhyerwolf »
...into the nightfall.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:35:19 PM »
Slim Robin (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) - Remote Mine clowns the hell out of Dragon God Descent.
Akira Kurusu (Persona 5) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default) - Yeah, I guess I can agree with Random's reasoning on Yoshitsune here. Hassou Tobi is total aftergame content to me, but the Persona himself is a go.

Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening) - Suspend Motion. The end.

Lux (7th Saga) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) - Lux is kinda slow and kinda inaccurate and, even if Natalia's defense buff reduces damage by, say, 10%, it's probably enough to avoid a theoretical Laser/Defend physical heal-lock if you can even store that damage bonus if you don't attack. The fight takes a while, but feels pretty clearly in Natalia's court.

Snowman (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) - Oh lord, this fight ends in a stalemate, doesn't it. Worst part of it is that eventually Snowman RUNS OUT OF RESOURCES TO EVER DEAL DAMAGE because his free attacks deal negative damage, but Raja won't ever break past 10% HP regen either. I suppose. He could attempt to slowly bust Raja's stats, but they're already in a bad place and hit a ceiling rather fast, and that... actually won't impact his performance in the fight much either. Though... hmm, wait a minute. He could debuff Raja's speed until they're roughly as fast as each other (shouldn't take too long, two connected stat busts Giant Swings should do it), then cast Quicktime. Niagara Buster 3HKOs Raja through Blessing, after all. Yeah, suppose this works, especially since Raja... WAIT, SILENCE. RAJA GOES FIRST, CASTS IT AND NOW SNOWMAN CAN'T EVEN GET HIS WATER POLE GAME STARTED. Yeah, nevermind, how does this even HAPPEN.
Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Sure.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 05:13:50 AM »
Alyssa (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Black Fiend (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
https://twitter.com/werezompire/status/981294999504482304
Joker (Persona 5) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)
Not even sure if Akira will end up being the long-term name, CK!  Maybe it will be Ren.  Anyways...  well, in BD, elemental physicals are fully resisted / blocked by Nulling or Abate effects.  And when SMT games do have elemental physicals, it usually treats them as just effects of that element that are based off Str rather than Mag.  So Radiant Strike is basically Bless Elemental as far as I'm concerned.
If Joker is restricted to L75 personas base and less, Ongyo-Ki reflects Bless & resists Physical, and also has Firm Stance & Regenerate 3 anyway, so Braev really struggles on damage.  On the downside, Ongyo-Ki's damage isn't great without directly spending HP which is bad, but if Braev is restricted at least somewhat to in-game AI and/or punished for free choice, he won't just hang around at 3 BP forever.  So gonna presume Joker can find some other Persona with healing & Bless resistance he can switch to when Braev uses his BP-costing physical move if he gets too low.

Middle

I don't think Ninja 2HKOs even after Fast, meaning he needs 4 turns to put this away.  And is facing counterattacks.  Yeah no.  Ninja is pretty bad in Middle (but totally his last DL rank!!1!).
Lux (7th Saga) vs Natalia (Tales of the Abyss)
Yeah, I'll buy Jo'ou.  Slowly runs Lux out of MP.
Marth of the 0 Res might just get flat OHKOd here.  Even if he doesn't, he absolutely must 3HKO since his Falchion healing game isn't strong enough to stop a 2HKO....  although he should probably manage the 3HKO, sure.  Anyway, hinode's topic lists Marth as +3 HP vs. average but -5 Res vs. average.  OK lists Naglfar as 54 Power base, vs. 45 HP & 15 Res average (his) or 42 HP & 13.5 Res average (my lower-level topic).  That's 60 base Power required to OHKO average for OK's averages or 55 Power for me.  So vs. my averages, Lyon barely manages the OHKO, while he barely misses it vs. OK's averages.  On the other hand, my averages don't include stuff like stat boosters or Resistance buffs, so who knows.  Gonna go with Lyon but could go either way.

Light

Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
No SMRPG, but Sherri is actually a bit fast, Dhyer.  TOPSP where lower numbers are better and all.
I suspect her plan is a bit rocky here anyway even with her getting the drop.  With the base stat topic interp of items but no prep, she can cast Shackle turn 2 presumably, then if that hits huff some more herbs or MP-drain, then...  well that's the tricky part.  When Shackle wears off Bowser will presumably complete the 2HKO, so she needs to stack some other status like Sleep, but that can miss, and also costs MP.   Seems like the odds of the dice rolling against her too many times in a row are too high here.
With SF interps, it's probably still tough.  She gets a turn 1 Shackle is the good news, but no items, so she needs to rely on MP-draining, which can miss.  She might be able to flat 2HKO first, but I doubt it.
All just theorycraft anyway above.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 02:37:15 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Black Fiend (Lunar: Eternal Blue): Probably. Alyssa kills on turn 2 because dear god that damage. Black Fiend can 2HKO first except that just gives Alyssa Desperation (the style loss isn't enough to offset her OHKO) so nope. Blackie's best bet is status, one shot of 62.5% paralysis and then one shot of sleep from Buzzsaw... which might just be enough against average status resistance but Alyssa has good Cunning.
Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Earthbound Dead (Wild ARMs 4): Well Slow Down is overpowered as fuck but it doesn't change the fact that Satanail will get a turn sooner or later and OHKOs once in the limit zone.

Heavy

Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening): Presuming stop's duration isn't total garbage. Not like Chrom is much of a Heavy.

Middle

Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Ninja (Final Fantasy): Faster, 3RKOs.
Marth (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones): Snowfire's analysis works for me. Stat buffs don't go in boss scaling, stat boosters have a negligible effect scaled across a cast. Even if Lyon misses the OHKO he needs you to allow Marth to park-and-counter, I think, and I'm never sure how I feel about that.

Light

Mack (Lost Odyssey) vs Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3): Tide kneejerked Ginny's evade above 50% in chat, and I'm not feeling Fear hype at all given its description given.
Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Sure.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
That's enough for me to switch to Virginia (also, remembered that with my new way of formulating status, Fear is turn 3 to me).
...into the nightfall.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 01:50:21 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Black Fiend (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Earthbound Dead (Wild ARMs 4): WTF
Slim Robin (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)
Akira Kurusu (Persona 5) vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)

Heavy

Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Summoner (Final Fantasy V)
Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Max (Tales of Eternia) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier): Status and goes first?
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Lux (7th Saga) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)

Light

Mack (Lost Odyssey) vs Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)
Snowman (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 12:22:41 AM »

Heavy

Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)- Limit boss vs Aima? No.

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)-Stop's enough. Berserk is a bad idea thanks to her appalling durability but Stop covers the bases.
Lux (7th Saga) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)- Yeah, I think she can run Lux out of resources.  Lux doesn't like healers.

Light

Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)]b]
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2018, 03:52:48 PM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine)- ii vs Black Fiend (Lunar: Eternal Blue)
Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- ii vs Earthbound Dead (Wild ARMs 4)
Slim Robin (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- ii
Ren Amamiya (Persona 5)- iii vs Braev Lee (Bravely Default)

Heavy

Klein Kiesling (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Summoner (Final Fantasy V)- ii
Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiii vs Maya Schroedinger (Wild ARMs 3)
Max (Tales of Eternia) vs Asellus (SaGa Frontier)- iii
Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- iiiii vs Chrom (Fire Emblem Awakening)

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- ii vs Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)- ii vs Ninja (Final Fantasy)
Lux (7th Saga) vs Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)- iiii
Marth (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- iii

Light

Mack (Lost Odyssey) vs Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- iii
Randolf (Lufia: The Legend Returns) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)- iiii
Snowman (Romancing SaGa 3) vs Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium)- ii
Sherri Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiiii
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.