Author Topic: Futurama 2018 Week 3  (Read 837 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 Week 3
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ren Amamiya (Persona 5)
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns)
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)

Heavy

Summoner (Final Fantasy V) vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)
Asellus (SaGa Frontier) vs Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)
Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates)

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia)
Cathari (Suikoden V) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)

Light

Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 Week 3
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 05:34:46 PM »
Godlike

Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ren Amamiya (Persona 5) - Reicher doesn't fare any better against lolshitsune than Braev did.
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - Ah, no.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II) - probably

Heavy

Summoner (Final Fantasy V) vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns) - another "where do you see starting IP" match because Aima is only gonna have one turn here.
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates) - well this is familliar

Middle

Cathari (Suikoden V) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV) - Nope.

Light

Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates) - nope still not voting on fates kids
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword) - Too much mdef
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:16:17 PM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 06:27:42 PM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): Man if Heroine Aura lasted just one more turn Alyssa could do something evil with a loop of that, healing, defend, and damage. As is if she drops Heroine Aura late in the fight she gets dunked on. She may just get statused out early too... and Void is actually a nasty status for her too.

Heavy

Asellus (SaGa Frontier) vs Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume): Suspend Motion strikes again. Asellus gets one turn first but I don't think it's enough; MysticChange shouldn't stop Suspend Motion from being turn 1, GlassShield gets responded to with a non-melee free spell attack, and she can't OHKO.
Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2) vs Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates): Petrify Flurry gonna make all of Fates royals pretty unhappy.
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates) vs Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates): Y'know all the times I've played Conquest Chapter 12 I don't think I've fought Ryoma with anyone else. (No Dual Club, but Swordbreaker has the same effect.)

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia): Saber 2RKOs her and is faster, so Leonora needs to do something decisive before then... I imagine Hold works?
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones): I feel like this was a DL match at some point.
Cathari (Suikoden V) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV): Has a 4-3, 4HKOs and isn't 2HKOed since Cecil doesn't 2HKO anyone ever.

Light

Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V): Status hell is probably too much for Virginia, though Condition Green's an interesting ripple... in that if Virginia reaches 100 FP she immediately breaks out of status and uses Gatling for ~87 PCHP, killing Bard. On the other hand, FP gained from damage in WA3 is minimal (should be 1 FP from Bard's puny damage), so as long a Bard can maintain a Stop lockdown, she's fine. Just needs to make sure Ginny never gets off more than like 4 of her own attacks. I... think Bard can manage that. Stop's really good. Also, if Confused Virginia doesn't gain FP from attacking herself, then this gets easier.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG): Legend of the Seven Stars): Usual Raja problems; Bowser doesn't quite OHKO but he's faster and heal-locks.
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) vs Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates): Hmm, Corselia can 3HKO if she's on a water panel using Breath of Ice, and is only 3HKOed back. So... open with Kindness Drops and just outslug? Now that I look closely Corselia seems a bit better than I'd been led to expect.
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword): Magic damage vs Lucius is not the way to go. At a glance, stat topic suggests Lily needs about 5.9 turns to kill, and I don't see any holy resistance for her. (if anything holy should strike a weakness on Lily)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »
A 3 turn buff in Cosmic Star Heroine allows for 3 actions while under it (healing attack, defend).
Alyssa can get access to status immunity  through her 'normal' best weapon.

I still suspect Satanail wins? Only healing every few turns (even with 5x nominal durability) seems like too little.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 03:55:29 AM »
Heavy

Middle

Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia)
Match of Pyro?!

Light

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 10:42:16 AM »
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)

Heavy
Summoner (Final Fantasy V) vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- This quarter has many slow status-slingers!

Middle
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- Stalemate I guess? If Natalia attacks, she gets countered and then attacked. If Lyon attacks without countering first, Natalia heals and build just towards an MA. Lyon can only attack though, so forced action breaks the stalemate for Natalia

Light
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »
Building up a Mystic Arte solely from taking damage takes awhile, and Lyon's damage is quite good which forces Natalia to use her full-healing which the stat topic lists her as only having ~6 shots of.  Basically if Natalia can get away with her cheap healing I'm down for hyping stall into OL, or if she can work in some offense of her own somewhere to build meter & regain TP, but not in this circumstance really.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2018, 08:32:17 PM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): Sataneil.  too much for any PC I can think of short of the Yuna herself.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ren Amamiya (Persona 5)
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns): Amon. Way too much spd/dmg.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II): Elc. Divode and Invincible and fire res and so on.

Heavy

Summoner (Final Fantasy V) vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns): whoever is faster. I think Aima.

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) vs Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones). Can Natalia knock him down and null his counters that way?
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia): I... Think she was all magic

Light

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 09:18:19 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- Splat.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)- Outlasts.

Heavy

Summoner (Final Fantasy V) vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- Summoner is good at handling fights like this.
Asellus (SaGa Frontier) vs Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- Abstain due to poor Fauxnel memory.

Middle

Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss) vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- Too much offense.
Cathari (Suikoden V) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)- Abstain, Speed advantage is at hing but I don't remember Cathari being remarkable on offense at all.

Light

Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)- Nooooope.
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Yeah heal lock makes this easy..
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 09:21:12 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 04:06:10 AM »
Didn't expect to be able to vote on anything this tourney.

Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)  An interesting match without a clearcut winner (the best kind around these parts)  Could go either way depending on speed interpretation and where one places durability and status evasion.  Ended up looking up the FF5 Algorithm guide before deciding.  Bard is on the speedier side of the classes and the Stop song is quite accurate which tilts it for me.  Virginia will get a few shots including an opening blow but constant Stop and the Regen song is enough to heal up from what attacks she'll get from the occasional dodge.  Being unable to use her gamebest evasion makes Virginia sad; she's the most fragile of the group against physical damage when her evasion is out of the picture.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 12:52:05 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- No vote.
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ren Amamiya (Persona 5)- No vote.
Elc (Arc the Lad II) vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)- No vote.

Heavy

Summoner (Final Fantasy V) vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- P...robably?  Sure.

Middle

Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia)- No vote.

Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 12:23:18 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa L'Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Satanail (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- ii
Reicher (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Ren Amamiya (Persona 5)- i
Yuri Hyuga (Shadow Hearts Series) vs Amon (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iiiii
Elc (Arc the Lad II)- iii vs Luca Blight (Suikoden II)

Heavy

Summoner (Final Fantasy V)- ii vs Aima (Lufia: The Legend Returns)- iii
Asellus (SaGa Frontier) vs Fauxnel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume)- iiiii
Trainer P (Final Fantasy X-2)- ii vs Corrin (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Camilla (Fire Emblem: Fates)- iiii vs Ryoma (Fire Emblem: Fates)

Middle

Leonara (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- ii vs Saber (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia)
Natalia Luzu Kimlasca-Lanvaldear (Tales of the Abyss)- i vs Lyon (Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones)- iiii
Norn (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana) vs Rowen J. Ilbert (Tales of Xillia)- i
Cathari (Suikoden V)- iiiii vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)- i

Light

Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)- i vs Bard (Final Fantasy V)- iiiii
Raja (Phantasy Star IV: End of the Millenium) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iiiiii
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics)- ii vs Soleil (Fire Emblem: Fates)
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Lucius (Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword)- iiiiii