Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Week 1  (Read 1139 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Week 1
« on: October 09, 2018, 01:28:12 AM »
Godlike

Sharon Kreuger (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs TimeLord (SaGa Frontier)
Naja Gref (Sands of Destruction) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)

Heavy

Superman (Justice League Heroes) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI)
Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2)
Mitsuki Hokutono (Tokyo Xanadu) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Valeria (Suikoden)
Tolten (Lost Odyssey) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Paula (Earthbound)
Black Frost (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor) vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics)
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Freelancer (Bravely Default)
Rose (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2018 REVENGEANCE Week 1
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:02:46 AM »
Altima DOES have status holes, but unless you are punishing about status equivalence (which in fairness, some people are) and don't let Sleep blocking get Nightmare, Sharon is out of luck unless you see Altima HP is truly terrible.
This is actually a rather good match, albeit one with a lot of interp calls.  Flynn can't block Silence, and Silence is extremely bad for him, though he does at least block one of Sleep or Confuse (presumably Sleep).  Mana Breath is also a 2HKO he can't elementally resist, and still a 2HKO even after a Doping max HP boost, and isn't normally evadable in its home game.  So..  Flynn is in trouble in a long match, either being heal-locked by damage and praying for magic evade to kick in (maybe off Luster Candy, interp permitting?), or getting Silenced then 2HKO'd vs. Photon Breath.

Still, he has an argument: go first, Concentrate -> Megidolaon and hope to just plain OHKO, which gives SK only 1 turn to gamble on 50% Silence.  This does require seeing Almighty magic as penetrating FFX magic defense, but that may actually be a reasonable call since FFX Mental Break exists and SMT4 Almighty is somewhat similar (there's no MDef stat in-game, so magically tanky enemies are ones that resist or immune all elements, which Almighty gets around).  That said, this comes out to 1.23 PCHP, and the stat topic gives SK 1.24 PCHP, and my usual kneejerk is to be even nicer than Elf's numbers for FFX boss durability, so no dice.  Still. 
(And probably for the best for the actual good votedraw to move on anyway.)

No Saga, but for reference, here's the Wiki page for SoD Naja: http://www.rpgdl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sands_of_Destruction_Naja&action=edit
Short version: he's status immune (well, except to ID), and yes SoD has both confuse and stun.  Like most SoD characters, he full-heals himself every turn, so BossX needs to OHKO.   Which it looks like he probably does with Lord'sDinner, so the question is if Lord'sDinner is evadable?  If it is, Naja can chip & stall to the limit, get perfect evade, then go nuts.  if not, he's dead.

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Kinda doubt Auron has an answer to Freeze.
Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)
Pyro, how much does Cute Pose boost damage?  Not that it matters that much here.  Umi opens with Cute Pose, Celica goes for Excalibur and hopes for a crit (which is fatal, even through the buff).  If she doesn't get it, Siren's Call for Stun +Insanity (which presumably turns off counters), then doubled Thunder Strike for horrible overkill death.

Middle

No TX, but purely off the stat topic...  if the match stalls out, Mitsuki ults and wins.  Yulie needs to haste up and go aggro, which presumably means waiting for doubles, then 2x Attacking, then resuming healing when not having a double.  Once Mitsuki is low enough, Yulie goes in for attack -> Sacrifice on a double.  Mitsuki also has some piddly tiny parasitic healing as well that probably doesn't matter much.  I have no idea how credible this strategy is, so enjoy, Tide!
I wonder if Paladin Xander would still win.  Anyway, per S1 stat topic comments, I think that Valeria's S1 form if she wants to use it is mildly above average speed!  And mildly more damaging than her S2 form?  Not that it matters against 3.05 PDur...

Light

What a cute matchup.
Um.  I think Choco Cure keeps up with Black Frost's magic, if I do the math right?  48/60 Faith means Boco takes 80% normal damage from magic, BF deals 0.40 PCHP damage on average, so that's .32 PCHP.   Elf has the generic HP average such that Choco Cure heals between .30 PCHP and .32 PCHP.  So...  BF's forward movement is slow here, barring a string of 3x hits.  LUCKILY Freeze status to the recue?!  While Freeze is way better when you're actually faster, all it takes is Boco to drop ~2 turns to get him killed here.  Black Frost has enough MP for 10 Ice Dances, and that seems like enough...  PROBABLY.  but he loses horribly once the MP runs out, so close!
EDIT: Re Random... Hmm, I just grabbed a random generic with 60 Faith, but you're right, Elf let mages have 70 Faith.  Using 48/65, it comes out to .295 PCHP on average, or .253 PCHP on 2x hits, .38 PCHP on 3x hits.  So... Black Frost might actually need 3 dropped turns to win off Freeze, or excellent luck on repeated 3x hit strings, which would hand the match back to Boco.  That said, while I agree Freeze is a bit shaky to hype, I wouldn't go so far as to call it useless - I see starting a battle as more like generic things-are-happening in a normal turn-based RPG, not something Fire Emblem esque where everybody happens to be able to "counter" an attack if they're within range, which would let the whole cast get a lot better off these "counters" acting as free turns whenever they get attacked.  Fair enough you could see it that way, I suppose, which doesn't help Black Frost here, but arguably would help way more in generic slugfests, at least if interp'd that way.

Anyway, the subtle Faith adjustment is enough to switch my vote, even with mild Freeze hype still up.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:45:49 AM by SnowFire »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 04:05:38 AM »
Godlike

Sharon Kreuger (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - I mean enemies occassionally have seperate Sleep/Nightmare resists but that's probably not a good enough reason to see Altima as vulnerable to Nightmare.
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) - Tanks through an Overdrive, unleashes horrible murder.
Naja Gref (Sands of Destruction) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier) - Alrighty then.

Heavy

Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X) - oh right CS2 can block stat downs, Auron be fucked.
Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World) - Probably right

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) - Probably.
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Valeria (Suikoden) - Probably.

Light

Black Frost (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor) vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics) - Black Frost not very good at pressuring here, Choco Cure mostly heals off a two-hit Berserk and heals off a two-hit Frost Dance with room to spare (Boco Faith is a little better than a 20% reduction, average faith is higher than 60).  So Black Frost either needs to get a double faster than it looks like he actually does, or get very, very lucky with those 1/3 chances of getting three hits.  Freeze is honestly completely useless, it's basically FE10 Cancel in the DL and as such does absolutely nothing here since Boco can't counter Frost Dance anyways, lol to hyping it forcing anything to skip actual turns.
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Freelancer (Bravely Default) - Yeah I'm more inclined to respect Fishsodia archers than Freelancer's stalling game.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:22:04 PM by Random Consonant »

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 04:25:46 AM »
Godlike
Sharon Kreuger (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics) - About the only useful status Sharon can get off here is Don't Move/Immobilize. That's not really helping. Flip side, Altima can land lots of status with Grand Cross!

Heavy
Superman (Justice League Heroes) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - lol, this is weird. By raw numbers, Jeremy wins this easy. Go before Supes, drop way too much damage for him to handle. At least it is by CTB. If you're looking at this in other ways, it's possible for Supes to kill before Jeremy either with Flying Charge or Heat Vision lock down (since Jeremy's durability is like a legendary 0.3 PCHP if even). So, not out of reach completely for the Man of Steel, but Jeremy has much less interp issues to deal with.
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X) - Not Auron's match at all. Jusis equips to block stat downs, which renders Auron's first turn pretty much moot. He then buffs evade with Insight, making Auron pretty much unable to hit him. Then to add insult, all of his best damage is magic and Auron doesn't counter those. Gross.

Middle
Mitsuki Hokuto (Tokyo Xanadu) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4) - Mitsuki's only real way to land anything on Yulie and making it stick is with a X-Drive + Ult. That's going to take *way* too long since she's giving Yulie time to set up with Quicken. After that, she spoils Mitsuki's Barrier stalling and can safely poke with physicals - even if they don't do much damage. 

Light- Thankfully cannot vote on this mess.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 04:47:19 AM »
Godlike

Sharon Kreuger (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)- Inability to beat Altima (even with my Altima scaling!) is a good demonstrate of why I don't think Sharon is a Godlike. Blocking a combo of two statuses means Sharon's only remaining trick is relying on evade

Heavy
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X)- On the other hand, Jusis gets two statuses to mess with Auron at once!

Middle
Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2)- Even if DFormation only last 1 turn (can't remember, topic doesn't note it), Half-Life gets Lion the win.
Tolten (Lost Odyssey) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)- Tolten is definitely a far superior version of Cecil on the whole. 140% PC HP + needs an extra hit to be killed after that + choice of either better speed or his attack being ITD + 20% Phys nulling

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Freelancer (Bravely Default)- Jeez. So Freelancer needs about 52 attacking chances to kill Seneca (including her 50% OPB auto heal at low HP and her evade). Every two Seneca attacks outpaces Freelancer's healing at max defense, so really Freelancer needs more like 104 turns...except Freelancer also needs to re-up the defense every 4 turns, meaning that Freelancer likely needs at least like 135 turns. I'm just going to say that Seneca will get a good crit run in conjunction with a double because if there are any times I'm going to respect a good crit run overcoming healing, it's against someone who needs essentially infinity to kill.
Rose (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- Rose only beats those who rely solely on evadable physicals
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 03:01:48 PM »
Godlike

Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs TimeLord (SaGa Frontier): Tanky/stone-immune and generally good enough past that.
Naja Gref (Sands of Destruction) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier): Checking the BMG, Lord'sDinner is indeed ITE.

Heavy

Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI): Faster.
Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World): Cute Pose -> tank a Celica turn -> Siren's Call -> OHKO.

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2): Pretty sure D-Formation doesn't just last one turn anyway...
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Valeria (Suikoden): Counters and doubles offset, pdur should push Xander over the top regardless of form?
Tolten (Lost Odyssey) vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV): Tolten is a fraud. That said this is... pretty close anyway. Tolten does 20% to Cecil who heals 26%, but Tolten occasionally doubleturns. I think Cecil can make just enough average headway that he'll be able to get a couple extra attacks in the slugfest, which is all he needs since Cecil needs roughly ~6 hits to kill anyway (4HKO but will be guarded once + Guts), i.e. he only barely loses the slugfest before healing is considered. It's definitely close enough that giving Tolten the +HP accessory should let him win, but I've made my views clear on that.

Light

Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Freelancer (Bravely Default): When in doubt, disrespect the subtractive defence that doesn't work as well on higher difficulties and/or against more relevant opponents.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:03:22 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 03:26:47 PM »
D-Formation lasts three full overall turns minimum (debuffs sometimes can last one or two turns longer, though it's atypical), as is the case with basically all of WoO's buffs and debuffs.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »
Godlike

Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- No vote.
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs TimeLord (SaGa Frontier)
Naja Gref (Sands of Destruction) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)- What's that, someone did the hard math?  Yay!

Heavy

Superman (Justice League Heroes) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)- No vote.
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X)- Like I guess maybe Magic Break would overwrite Arts Up and all, so Auron can stretch this out... but Jusis can heal, rebuff his Arts, and build to an SCraft without putting Auron at low enough HP to do Actual Damage.  I guess maybe the chip doesn't math quite right but... eh.

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2)
Mitsuki Hokutono (Tokyo Xanadu) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- No vote.

Light

Rose (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- No vote.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:39:34 PM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 04:43:22 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 01:53:27 PM »
Godlike

Sharon Kreuger (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics): Sharon doesn't have what it takes to beat bosses she doesn't spoil.

Heavy

Superman (Justice League Heroes) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel) vs Auron (Final Fantasy X): Evade buffs, mocks.
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI): Faster

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2): status

Light

Rose (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X) - Snowfire neatly pointed out all the issues Flynn has with this fight. Mana Breath just applies a lot of pressure and, bypassing Reflect in-game, I don't think I'd be amenable to it being evadable via Luster Candy either - which would actually take time to become relevant as well, since SMT4 goes to the DDS school of buff effectiveness (stack the fuck out of it or get the fuck out). And then, there are the horrible counters.
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier) vs TimeLord (SaGa Frontier) - Fully automated ancient egyptian gay cat sneers at Overdrive and just pummels TimeLord into oblivion.

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2) - Yyyyyeah, Brad isn't exactly the type of opponent Lion struggles against. Wild Cry alone just gives Brad fits.

Black Frost (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor) vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics) - why
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics) vs Freelancer (Bravely Default) - Um yeah, not respecting Freelancer against a crit-heavy opponent ever works.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »
Godlike

Sharon Kreuger (Trails of Cold Steel II) vs Altima (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiiii
Flynn (Shin Megami Tensei IV) vs Sanctuary Keeper (Final Fantasy X)- ii
Katze Koltolnos (Super Robot Taisen OG Saga Endless Frontier)- iiiii vs TimeLord (SaGa Frontier)
Naja Gref (Sands of Destruction) vs BossX (SaGa Frontier)- ii

Heavy

Superman (Justice League Heroes) vs Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)- i
Jusis Albarea (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiiiii vs Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Myuria Tionysus (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- iii vs Strago Magus (Final Fantasy VI)- i
Celica (Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia) vs Umi (Cthulhu Saves the World)- iiiii

Middle

Lion (Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- iiiiii vs Brad Evans (Wild ARMs 2)
Mitsuki Hokutono (Tokyo Xanadu) vs Yulie Ahtreide (Wild ARMs 4)- i
Xander (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiii vs Valeria (Suikoden)- i
Tolten (Lost Odyssey)- ii vs Cecil Harvey (Final Fantasy IV)- iii

Light

Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)- i vs Paula (Earthbound)
Black Frost (Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor) vs Boco (Final Fantasy Tactics)- iiiii
Seneca (Suikoden Tactics)- iiiiii vs Freelancer (Bravely Default)
Rose (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Menardi (Golden Sun)- i