Register

Author Topic: List topic 2019: Because people requested it. (Rules below) Field: Low Light.  (Read 857 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Rules:

1. Don't vote on characters from games you have not played. Just leave them off the list.

2. Your vote will not be counted if you don't rank at least 7 characters in each division. Feel free to do them though.

3. Characters are not fighting other characters. You are just ranking them from best overall to worst overall. Just try to vote honestly and based on who is best.

4. In this first round, the top 4 characters in each division move to the winners list, the characters ranked 5th-8th move to the losers bracket, and everyone else goes off somewhere and dies.

5. If a character does not get on at least three lists, he/she will be eliminated due to not being well known enough.

6. Please number your lists. IE:

1. TimeLord
2. Squall
3. Jogurt, instead of

TimeLord
Squall
Jogurt

Edit: Scoring system.

7 characters ranked
--
1st: 16
2nd: 14
3rd: 11
4th: 8
5th: 5
6th: 2
7th: 0

8 Characters ranked
---
1st: 16
2nd: 14
3rd: 12
4th: 9
5th: 7
6th: 5
7th: 3
8th: 0

9 Characters ranked
---
1: 16
2: 14
3: 12
4: 10
5: 8
6: 6
7: 4
8: 2
9: 0

---
2: 15
3: 13
4: 11
5: 9
6: 7
7: 5
8: 3
9: 1
10: 0

---
3: 14
4: 12
5: 10
6: 8
7: 6
8: 4
9: 2
10: 1
11: 0

---
4: 13
5: 11
6: 10
7: 8
8: 6
9: 4
10: 2
11: 1
12: 0

---
5: 12
6: 11
7: 9
8: 7
9: 6
10: 4
11: 2
12: 1
13: 0

---
7: 10
8: 8
9: 7
10: 6
11: 4
12: 3
13: 2
14: 0

---
8: 9
9: 8
10: 7
11: 6
12: 4
13: 2
14: 1
15: 0

---
8: 9
9: 8
10: 7
11: 6
12: 5
13: 4
14: 3
15: 1
16: 0
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
The saddest of Lights (The Tide Special:)

Paula (EB)
Sancho (FM4)
Goofy (KH1)
Chidori (Pers3)
Emma Hetfield (ACF)
Boco (FFT)
Dorcas (FE7)
Healie (DQ4)
Tony (XF)
Mystina (VP1)
Marcus (FF9)
Saturos (GS1)
Ard (WA2)
Rahal (S5)
Asch (TotA)
Chu-Chu (XG)

If you have suggestions for fighters, please message them to me or suggest them in the topic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:10:29 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
This filth:

1. Marcus- Bad damage but he has a few elemental defenses and isn't a complete joke on stats.
2. Dorcas- Sitting duck to magic and status but at least has good STR. How in the hell are you slower than Nergal?
3. Asch- His PC form is unscaled trash and his boss form is a solo duel with bad HP. Not giving that a lot of respect. This is still better than most of the field.
4. Saturos- Bad damage but has some boss immunities and his HP isn't completely trash.
5. Boco- Bad stats and unreliable counter attacks on top of the other issues? Sigh.
6. Sancho- Nonfull healing that's free (he can counterattack) has some value. Damage is just so garbage though.
7. Healie- Awful damage and meh stats but he can heal!!! Loses to any limit fighter ever.
8. Ard- Has almost nothing. A little damage helps some.
9. Chu-Chu- Some healing but look at those stats.
10. Tony- At least doesn't horribly expode if someone looks at him funny.
11. Rahal- Stats are just amazing. Wins a few fights with S5 equip options.
12. Mystina- VP mage and thus is puny.
-------------------

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
1. Saturos (GS1)- Saturos feels a bit out of place in Light to me, albeit he's crummy in Middle.  Damage is lackluster but a lot of Lights just lack the gas to take him on.
2. Dorcas (FE7)- Dorcas is doubled by E. V. E. R. Y. O. N. E. and isn't special enough on durability to float that, BUT he does scrape a 2HKO, so in the olden days I feel like he'd win Light any time he was in without ever managing two wins in the upgrade pool.
3. Marcus (FF9)- yon average mc averageboy.
4. Goofy (KH1)- Sora makes everyone's damage kinda bad but Goofy's otherwise fine so... sure.
5. Asch (TotA)- More or less as above.  Also this is where things get special.
6. Emma Hetfield (ACF)- Emma's hard to rate because her stats are just THAT BAD, but fuck you if you're bad enough to give her more than one turn.
7. Boco (FFT)- Infinite heal and can nominally deal damage doing it is... actually really good in Light, but also hits a hard cap on who you can beat.
8. Tony (XF)- Minor elemental shenanigans and not completely embarassing otherwise?
9. Paula (EB)- I'm probably being too kind to her but yeah, her problem is just the averages deciding to hate her at the end so kneejerk.
10. Chidori (Pers3)- Chidori is impossible to rate well because she's real bad, but some of the wins she gets are WEIRD.  Like I think she clowns dorcas for instance, while losing to Emma, Boco, and possibly Paula.
11. Chu-Chu (XG)- Super "Superaielman" Aielman.
12. Healie (DQ4)- I could be wrong but I remember Healie struggling with defense at the end of his temp stint?  And the healing is finite.  AND YET.
13. Ard (WA2)
14. Rahal (S5)- So Rahal has marginally better damage and Suikoden V has minor equip shenanigans but I stand by this.
15. Mystina (VP1)- I mean.  Fuck I'm pretty sure Mystina is the token VP mage without Heal, which they hate because it's the only way any of them won matches.  But she's bottom even if I'm wrong about that.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
What the fuck is this? SUUUUUUPER!!!!!!!

Okay, let's sort this mess out - SIGH

1. Dorcas (FE7) - As time and again has proven, FE evade and counter is very strong, especially in a division like Light. Dorcas' major problem is his godawful Speed, so he gets doubled by everything. But...at least he's decently accurate and hits hard. That's probably good enough in this field of garbage.
2. Marcus (FF9) - Marcus is just very meh. Textbook Low Light but at least he has FF9 equips.
3. Saturos (GS1) - Boss immunities yeah. Passable enough HP for Light but bad damage and doesn't have Menardi's comedy option DEATH SEIZE
4. Asch (TotA) - Voting on PC form, which like Marcus, is just unimpressive. No FF9 spoilage equips here, so I imagine that has to bring Asch down. Not yet pathetic tier yet, but don't worry, we're getting there.
5. Goofy (KH1) - Goofy is probably the line in the sand for "pathetic". He's just past that point thanks to Second Chance, which saves his ass against other Low lights since it gives him an extra turn most of the time. Bad damage + elemental weaknesses to common elements is a really awful combo tho.
6. Emma Hetfield (ACF) - Emma wins if she gets two turns. Most of Light can do this - LOW Light is a different story. There are situations where she still gets wrecked obviously (Dorcas), but at least she has pretty much a built in win condition. This is a lot better than the rest of this field.
7. Chidori (Pers3) - As CK alluded to, is a weird ass spoiler. Chidori can be as low as below Chu-chu and I can still see it. She wins on a very weird set of conditions, that just so happens to be met more often than not in Low Light. On paper though, is gutter trash. Bad pretty much everything.
8. Boco (FFT) - Has infinite healing and some melee counters. Bad everything else.
9. Sancho (FM4) - Has finite healing and inaccurate ranged counters. Okay on HP, but bad everything else.
10. Ard (WA2) - Damage is okay, but oof. Really slow and not terribly durable.
11. Paula (EB) - Is Snow. EB averages are messed up as hell so Paula is on the wrong side of average of everything resulting in the amazing combo of like 0.5 PCHP, bad damage and below average speed. Also, the skillset is not very good either but it has its moments I guess.
12. Chu-Chu (XG) - Finite healing without the counters and really bad stats.
13. Tony (XF) - At least has HP and elemental resistances. Slow as crap and damage sucks nuts.
14. Rahal (S5) - Rahal is so bad. Like, so so bad. He has S5 equips, but good god.
15. Mystina (VP1) - VP1 mage without Heal. So much RIP. Although the fact that I had to think about the overall placement in this pool shows just how pathetic everyone after Goofy was.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself