Author Topic: Godlike List 1  (Read 1217 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike List 1
« on: April 18, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
See previous topic for rules.

Godlike:

Sephiroth (FF7)
Kefka (FF6)
Yuna (FFX)
Reicher (MK2)
Killer (SH3)
Albedo (XSs)
Gilgamesh (FF5)
Elc (AtLC)
Citan (XG)
Mewtwo (PKMN)
Chaos (FF1)
Lamington (Disgaea)
Altima (FFT)
Rika (PS4)
Kato (SH2)
Naliah (FE10)

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Godlike List 1
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 10:52:19 PM »
1. Yuna- I definitely scale down Aeon durability besides the Magus Three; it functions that way in game because they're the only target. It's never actually mattered in a single fight, as far as I can tell.
2. Reicher- Good luck if you don't spoil him.
3. Elc- Coinflip between him and Seph. Depends on how I'm feeling about Seph's HP. Really evil skillset+good durablity works well.
4. Chaos- HP's not absolute garbage and he's got Cure 4. If you ignore his defense he tends to die, but that's not too common in Godlike.
5. Sephiroth- See the numbers posted. Yeah no to scaling that involves him overkilling with his physical; there's no reason to not use back row and HP Plus pretty much the entire game.
6. Citan- Excellent spoiler but just that in Godlike; he wishes he had ID protection to start with. Mind/Body guard helps some.
7. Naliah- Evil offense but she's 1-d for Godlike.
8. Kefka- I don't respect the turn 1 speed much at all any more and the HP wasn't ever worth much. But still you tend to explode if he gets a Hyper Drive counter off, and Havoc Wing is decent if grossly overrated.
9. Killer- I respect Killer's PC killing more than Altima's at least.
10. Rika- Is an ID whore most of the time in Godlike; the other tricks just keep her out of heavy.
11. Lamington- Excellent durability, counters... and just not enough offense, ice is an easy element to resist and his backup damage isn't great.
12. Mewtwo- Safeguard is so not worth the tradeoffs from Gen 3. NEver found Mewtwo to be remotely effective in the DL.
13. Altima- Form 1 can be statused out, form 2 has no support and she's vunerable to drain. Damage isn't overkill and status isn't super reliable either. No.
14. Albedo- May be underrating XS2 form but 1 is just worthless. Eh.
15. Kato- Nope.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 10:54:46 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 02:54:52 AM »
1. Yuna (FFX): She's wicked good.
2. Sephiroth (FF7): hyper fast and kills things dead. Not sure how I feel about him these days, though.
3. Reicher (MK2): Monstrous slugging.
4. Kefka (FF6): Not so sure about his speed hype, with the first turn wonkiness and FF6 speed in general.
5. Elc (AtLC): Skillset and durability and equipment shenanigans on top of solid stats.
6. Rika (PS4): Speed, buffs and healing to deal with bosses, ID to deal with PCs.
7. Albedo (XSs): Draining/HP-1 shenanigans?
8. Killer (SH3): ID to deal with PCs and slugging.
9. Lamington (Disgaea): Slugging and durability.
10. Altima (FFT): Tricks, less durability.
11. Gilgamesh (FF5): Speed and anti-PC gimmicks.
12. Mewtwo (PKMN): Rock solid stats with healing and buffing.
13. Chaos (FF1): Some tricks and standard boss immunities.
14. Naliah (FE10): Smash.
15. Citan (XG): Speed and healing. How much better would be be if he had full healing.
16. Kato (SH2):

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 04:57:17 AM »
1. Yuna (FFX) - If she gets a turn, she wins. Even without aeons, Yuna is nasty. High speed, high evade, nulls several elements, good MDef and her HP is decent. Just very hard to stop her getting a turn and then recovering from that after.
2. Reicher (MK2) - Reicher's only faults are being mostly light element and physicals. So very good evade or Light nulling ruins his fun. Don't spoil him though and oof. Pumps up damage in a ridiculous short amount of time and his barrier makes him really tanky.
3. Sephiroth (FF7) - Even with some FF7 speed disrespect and not seeing wing physical as OHKO damage, Seph is still really strong. The physical still paralyzes, flying makes him melee immune, has access to a variety of nasty status - just very well rounded. Durability and scaling harsher based on his AI hurts but still.
4. Kefka (FF6) - Standard ball lightning. As Super alluded, the speed in practice is ??? (even worse than FF7 speed feels like) but Kefka just hits really hard. Fallen One can spoil PCs and the Hyperdrive counters are very nasty if they come out. As with Seph, durability is Kefka's main issue.
*Drop*

5. Rika (PS4) - I'm not 100% sure if Rika is a better tier than Killer. The kicker for me is that Rika's just an overall very solid package. Fast, has ID, has evade, good equips. Only downside is she can't burst out damage.
6. Killer (SH3) - I vote on Killer 2, which gives him very high initiative and limit Gale but loses Limit EC. He likes this overall because it means it is hard beating him to the 1st turn and it gives him 2 turns of massive burst damage + meter reduction. Doesn't have the durability to go toe-to-toe with solid Godlikes and there are rare opponents that can tank the Double (rare as they may be)
7. Mewtwo (PKMN) - Gen 1 Mewtwo. Huge magic defense + decent other defenses. Then he walls you with buffs and uses Amnesia until you wipe. Great speed too. No status guarding though.
8. Naliah (FE10) - Probably should be higher but...Fire Weakness and all physical I feel hold her back. She will absolutely maul you if you give her a turn though.
9. Gilgamesh (FF5) - Gilgy is weird. He has some bizarre status options and bizarre spoilers that I think he ends up around him. Don't think he tends to win straight slugfests though from memory.
10. Citan (XG) - Doc's major problems are that his healing isn't full and that his damage is merely okay. Fast as hell, so he can keep up with scrub tier low Godlike bosses or Godlike PCs but is horribly outclassed the moment he reaches the upper ranks.
11. Albedo (XSs) - Bad, but can still pull some tricks off. Has a 1/2 MHP Drain move in XS1 form + limit at the cost of bad durability or a much better but strange interp XS2 form. I vote on 1 for the most part but will probably change to 2 if I can figure out how I want to scale him down.
12. Altima (FFT) - Super's pretty much covered this. 1st form can be status'd is vulnerable to Gravity (so if you see stuff like HP-1 belonging here, Altima gets rekt hard) and the damage isn't great by godlike standards. I mean, it feels worse than Citan in practice because Citan will often be hasted.

*Drop to Middle*
13. Kato (SH2) - Kato is really awful for me. He's Jeremy tier HP without Jeremy Speed and basically dies to anything that hits him. BUT if he gets a turn, or series of turns with sub parts he can do something interesting. Think that's too much for Light, but yeah.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 03:55:42 AM »
1. Yuna (FFX)- Duh
2. Reicher (MK2)- I don't let him spam his physical, so Holy defense can slow him a little. Just nasty if you don't block Holy or heavily resist Physicals. 2 PC HP, halves damage, massive damage onslaught
3. Elc- Fast, decent HP, halves a lot of damage (effectively 3 PDur/MDur is the halving is applicable), and Invincible to protect him from status. Under Invincible he can do 3.38 Physica Damage, 1.23 (at minimum) ITD PC HP Magic Damage (Plus more with a follow up physical up) plus more if doubles are involved MP Busting helps shut off some tactics of other PCs (And perhaps a few bosses) + Status blocking accessory. In a straight slugfest he may not even go for Invincible
4. Sephiroth (FF7)- So, need to sort him out a little. Speed Pluses are legal to me, but you won't have them maxed out. FF 7 Speed might be a little questionable anyways. I'm saying 115% effective speed for right now. He definitely doesn't OHKO. I'd taken the HP average around 8000. That's 2 maxed HP Pluses + 20% HP loss from magic items. There's no real reason not to hold these to him especially. 78% MAgic Damage, 37.5% Physical Damage (Yeah, why are you in the front row?). Great status, Wall (which could last longer than 3 turns), nulls short range option, Dispell. He has 80,000 HP. Average damage at the time. You'll have at least one PC who should be doing 11,000 ish (Yuffie/Cid/Red XIII w/ Double Cut). Typoon is 8000 and you have lowest options you'll be seeing are 5000. I would say including limits, 10K might be about the right average. This puts Sephiroth at slightly above PC HP. So 115% Speed, PC HP, anti short range, 78% Magic Damage, Plenty of Nasty Status Choices.
5. Albedo (XSs)- 1.2 PC HP, 20% Magic Res, Cuts Fire/Lightning/Ice 75%, 115% Effective Base Speed which boosts to something crazy (like 300%). His key issue is that he starts out with a 3HKO (I'm calling that 49.9% just categorically) and the nasty EP busting/Confusion comes at 50% HP (if you allow Demonic Gaze to hit bosses-potentially capping at 0.5 PC HP- Fallen Angel serves no purpose. However, I guess the reality is that anyone who OHKOs him likely does the same to Kefka, Killer and Sephiroth. This means that boosting speed->drain is really effective
6. Killer (SH3)- Prone likely allows him to open with either OHKO magic or physicals? Am I overrating it? Instant Death and Silence. Probably around 1.25 PC HP to me or something in that area. Not the sheer damage of Kefka, but a little bit more balanced and versatile (better status options), OHKO magic versus OHKO magic counters at low HP.
7. Lamington (Disgaea)- 2.3 PC HP, halves Physicals, 60% Evasion, 0.8 Ice Physical, 0.6 Physical Damage, 40% Magic. For all that he isn't a lot of tricks or going for overall or anything. The package is really solid. Someone like Kefka may have double the damage, but having 4x the physical durability feels like a trump there.
8. Kefka (FF6)- 1.46 PC HP Phys Damage, 0.64 Magic Damage, but I'm calling him likely average speed (he certainly is turn 1!). MAybe 1.2 PC HP? Something around there. 1.5 PC HP Magic DAmage if you can't OHKO him. So no solid defensive trick like some of the ones above him have, but the damage is still nasty
9. Mewtwo (PKMN)- Yeah, I guess I don't let Pokemon switch out non-ideal moves anymore so Mewtwo doesn't get Safeguard (Or...well, I guess gen 3, Mewtwo will opt to throw out Amnesia). So 2 Mdur, 1.28 Pdur (will can be massively increased), 50% Healing and 68% Magical Damage, 130% Speed
10. Citan (XG)- 58% Damage (Elemental, but unless you get all the elements, not a big deal), 157.6% Speed that he can double, 125% HP and about 50% Healing
11. Naliah (FE10)- 75% Damage, ~150% Durability, 38% Evasion. Her flaw is that despite everything, there's too much status running around despite her level of resistsance.
12. Rika (PS4)- Based on current numbers, Rika's ID is...47.7% to me. Illusion is never usable. She still has a lot of healing and can get over 100% evasion (although given some aspects of it, I do think I would see Godlike tier fights against at her consistently getting through every once in a while. All the bosses who throw out physicals ignoring this doesn't exactly make is seem like she should be beating Reicher with this). I'd call it about 75%
13. Kato (SH2)- More direct status than Altima with fewer holes and more durability
14. Gilgamesh (FF5)- Great PC Killer. I...am loathe to give much respect to the portion fo the fight where you can win via defending and healing.
15. Altima (FFT)- I gave her a 4, so...
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »
Godlike:

1. Yuna (FFX): Good (but not amazing) speed and has a psychotically good win % once she gets that turn, since it both lets her access immediate winning options (a notable advantage she has on Ryu3 who needs a second turn) and long-term tanking.
2. Sephiroth (FF7): Not as durable as I used to think, but still extremely damaging with perfect status off high speed and a physical spoiling option.
3. Kefka (FF6): Compared to Sephiroth, he's probably slower but more damaging, but without the spoiling. Status isn't as good either (just Train), though the limit options (either the counter or the double Havoc Wing phase) are crazy.
4. Reicher (MK2): Much more spoilable than the above two. Still great of course.
5. Rika (PS4): I've ranted about this before but Rika is better than many people kneejerk because her two strategies have ridiculously good synergy. She wins fights fast with accurate instant death off great speed. OR she wins fights slow with healing and buffing (never mind evade, speed/def/fire res is a combo that many Godlike sluggers fall flat against). This gives her wins over two very different types of Godlike duellers, and the combination is much better than only having one or the other.
6. Chaos (FF1): He's one tough cookie unless you have ITD or non-elemental magic, and has a bit of everything offensively (status, buff-to-near-OHKO).
7. Mewtwo (PKMN): RBY voter so he's fast and is extremely hard to kill via damage unless you have dispel. Status works but better land it fast before his 80%*number of Amnesias damage overwhelms you.
8. Naliah (FE10): Excellent offence but very 1D, I... think she falls here but am not sure.
9. Citan (XG): Tends to work surprisingly well in practice: haste means that healing is just fine in practice, element shields, statusblockers, etc. Falls to some of the same spoiling as Nailah though, and needing time to put people away is bad in Godllike.
10. Killer (SH3): He's hard to compare to those above him honestly. He can burst some okay damage and kill reasonably quickly and has lots of status choices, but is squishy and not that fast which isn't a great combination.
11. Gilgamesh (FF5): Can ONLY win with status pretty much, but danged if he isn't good at it. That speed + (kinda) durability.
12. Lamington (Disgaea): The opposite of Gilgamesh, can only win slugging matches but is quite good at it. Not as good though. Block ice and we're talking about low 2HKO evadable physicals? Stallers tend to find him a free win.
13. Altima (FFT): Status isn't as good as Gilgamesh's, damage is better but not really by enough. Compared to Kato below, she's significantly more durable (don't give me crap about gravity which she halves due to the two forms or a vulnerability to Don't Act/Paralysis which is a rare DL status) which does let her win more slugfests, though she's obviously still bad at it in the division, and her status is the least decisive of her/Gilgy/Kato.
14. Albedo (XSs): I'm not sure which form I vote on, probably 1 because 2 is complicated and 1 has better votership anyway. XS1 Albedo is... Killer without the status but some elemental defences? Kinda? I dunno.
15. Kato (SH2): Like Gilgamesh but the statuswhoring/speed isn't nearly as good. He isn't completely as unable to win via damage but it's not happening often in Godlike, and too often he'll only get one status attempt so duellers with resistance or FE evade give him headaches. Note he's the only one of the three who just rolls over and dies to the likes of Eirika.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DragonKnight Zero

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 10:12:57 AM »
I have never played FF10, strangely enough.  Skipped out on it even when I saw it for $3 at Goodwill but that's a tale for another setting.

1. Sephiroth
2. Kefka
3. Rika
4. Citan
5. Lannington
6. Altima
7. Gilgamesh

Seph is quite durable since I scale him against less optimal attacks (Doublecut being easy to overlook) and that's before Wall.  So unless one outspeeds him and can do lots of damage before he acts, there's a lot of durability.  Not going to give a lot of hype to physicals for damage though they are quite accurate (even Mystile wearers don't seem to dodge them).  ShadowFlare and several ways of inflicting status boost his offense options too.  Supernova's status and gravity damage really mess with multiple opponents.

Kefka dishes out a beating but doesn't take them quite as well.  He's less effective than Seph in a team fight where a focused assault taking him out is more viable.

Is it a surprise to anyone that teams with Rika tend to end up on the winning end?  Saner is just that useful whether solo or in a group and she has healing and other buffs to contribute as well.  The speed advantage also gives her chances to land her instant death or contribute decent damage (especially if able to target light or thunder weakness).  Illusion seems good on paper; it doesn't get a chance to shine in its native game where randoms die in 1-2 rounds (thus making it pointless to cast) and bosses immune it.  Weaknesses include a low TP pool that can run out quite fast in extended combat and being all physical for offense so spoilable there.

Citan's game seems similar to Rika's in that his power comes from massive speed.  She's better in the key areas.  Her speed booster is group while Citan's only effects one target.  Also Citan's wears off while Rika's lasts the whole combat.  Her group healing is better as well; Citan needs two turns to MT heal.  He does have better damage per attack and his support skills so he's not obsolete.  Still feel Rika has the overall stronger skill package.

I scale Lanington to the group I used to beat him.  So to me, his durability is massive and his physicals are close to a one-hit kill.  Thing is, being tanky and damaging is all he's got.  Judgement isn't that much stronger than his physical unless hitting weakness (think it's only 15-20% stronger at base).  His MT damage is nowhere near the power of his physical so he doesn't bring much for crowd control.  Does horrible things to opponents with melee counters without evasion or really high defense to back them up (hit, tank counter, counter the counter), though that's a narrow niche.

Conflipped on these last two, could feel differently based on whim.  Gilgamesh kills PCs with nasty status but that seems to be his only trick and just crumples against any opposition immune to it (or groups with the ability to cure his status game).  Altima, I don't have much respect for either but at least she has a MP buster to tilt some fights so not entirely a status slinger.  Grand Cross gets better against groups since it increases the chance someone will be crippled.  Gilgamesh really dislikes being ganged up on.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 07:35:01 AM by DragonKnight Zero »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2019, 09:02:56 PM »
1. Yuna (FFX) - Duh.
2. Reicher (MK2)
3. Sephiroth (FF7)
4. Kefka (FF6) - Tide's assesment of these three feels pretty much spot on to me.
5. Elc (AtLC) - Doesn't really have the raw dominance in any particular area to get over the above four to me but he's still pretty good.
6. Rika (PS4) - Yep.
7. Killer (SH3) - Not durable but does hit pretty hard.
8. Naliah (FE10) - Very one dimensional but also very good at it.  Wishes her evasion was better and isn't a fan of fire damage or status.
9. Citan (XG) - Speed but not much else for the division.
10. Mewtwo (PKMN) - Can sort of hang here but really wishes you vote based on his Gen1 form.
11. Gilgamesh (FF5) - Status!
12. Altima (FFT) - Well I guess ~1.5x Kato's durability does rate as significantly more than him...
13. Kato (SH2) - I don't see him nearly as bad as Tide does but he's still pretty much in no way shape or form Godlike unless you take a reaaaaaaaally naive assesment of SH2 damage .

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:37:14 AM by Random Consonant »

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2019, 03:22:31 PM »
1. Yuna (FFX)
2. Reicher (MK2)
3. Sephiroth (FF7)
4. Kefka (FF6)
* G A P *
5. Lamington (Disgaea)
6. Mewtwo (PKMN)
7. Chaos (FF1)
8. Naliah (FE10)
9. Killer (SH3)
10. Gilgamesh (FF5)
11. Albedo (XSs)
12. Rika (PS4)
13. Citan (XG)
14. Altima (FFT)
15. Kato (SH2)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.