Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 2  (Read 1367 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 2
« on: September 03, 2019, 12:24:53 AM »
HELLO FORUMS WELCOME BACK.

This will probably be up a bit longer since it may be a few days before people trickle back in and realize the forums are back, but we'll see.

Godlike

Werner (Octopath Traveler) vs Cecelia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)
Bleublanc (Trails Series) vs Vampire (Bravely Default)
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Arnaud Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
Jade (Dragon Quest XI) vs Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Ann Takamaki (Persona 5) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)
Mimikyu (Pokémon) vs Tana (Fire Emblem Sacred Stones)

Middle

Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III)
Silas (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Roserade (Pokémon)
Niles (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)

Light

Bantu (Fire Emblem Series) vs Alanis (Suikoden III)
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Rahal (Suikoden V)
Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Fantastica (Wild ARMs XF)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 2
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2019, 01:36:01 AM »
Godlike
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)- While Fatal Strikes could potentially recover enough of Yuri's HP, he'd run of MP then.
Bleublanc (Trails Series) vs Vampire (Bravely Default)- Despite Mini, I'm actually thinking about this. I call that S-Craft OPB, so he 5HKOs and is susecptible to stat downs. My gut is that Vampire slowly whittles him away, stealing his strength.
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- X needs time to build up to maximum damage

Heavy
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Arnaud Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- Arnaud has no answer to Last Rites
Ann Takamaki (Persona 5) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- Based on my current views (harder on status res) + Ann starting with some evasion, I think she gets a turn Sleep hims, Concentrates and smashes

Middle
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Roserade (Pokémon)- Yes, I can vote on this. If involves Xenoblade so I likely won't though

Light
Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- Definitely out of Chahn's realm (although don't think I'd see Bowser as a Light. Fear is too good)
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Fantastica (Wild ARMs XF)- Rubella 5HKOs, Fantastica 6HKOs (7 after one miss). A big question is whether Zone Effect works on everything in game. If it doesn't, Ailment Protection could arguably protect against it and then I think Rubella takes it cleanly. If not, this takes longer but Fantastica wins with Slow Down->MP Kill, depriving Rubella of too many turns and removing her healing from play while Zone Effect pushes Rubella to like a 10HKO in effect. Assuming it works though
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 02:28:37 AM »
Godlike
Bleublanc (Trails Series) vs Vampire (Bravely Default) - uh probably?  Should work against the Bleublanc we actually have stats for at any rate.

Heavy

Ann Takamaki (Persona 5) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X) - Goes first and does the whole get a bunch of hits in before opponent acts thing.  Ann's own evade really shouldn't do much to screw it up, Tidus isn't Wakka but he's still decently accurate.  Even if she would get a turn for whatever reason (I don't see how unless you took Dhyer's status views and international's nerfed QH, Ann's not durable enough to take 6 QHs), you'd still need to not allow Tidus sleep resistance.
Mimikyu (Pokémon) vs Tana (Fire Emblem Sacred Stones) - goast

Middle

Silas (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) - pass

Light

Bantu (Fire Emblem Series) vs Alanis (Suikoden III) - oh hey it's no stats bantu vs. a suikomage, even one as scrubby as alanis should be able to handle this right.  So let's see, Bantu has 0.55 mdur going by my own New Mystery notes and does like half average damage, though my disclaimer that were I doing the stat topic today I'd be using different figures applies.  Explosion... deals slightly above average damage and has a charge time so atrocious Alanis slams into anyone's TB floor with it and Blazing Wall 3HKOs and is still like -1.4 SD which, yikes.  Especially considering Alanis has 0.61ish pdur.  So Bantu needs 4 hits which... yeah Alanis can handle that with Explosion/Blazing Wall.  She probably loses to Shadow Dragon Bantu though, who has notably better damage and shouldn't need more than three hits (probably may only need two, I'd have to check) but this is sad regardless, fuck this match and may Orochi explode the winner.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Rahal (Suikoden V) - Even if Rahal doesn't get OHKO'd by some miracle, what the hell can he even do.
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Fantastica (Wild ARMs XF) - Zone Effect works on everything IIRC but it's not so good as to double Fantastica's effective durability (maybe it does going by penultimates, but I don't consider those, it's more like a 8HKO in practice to me), and unless I'm misremembering CoL badly here I don't think speed changing effects actually effected charge times, which is Rubella's biggest advantage here.  And even if it somehow did, it doesn't even buy Fantastica a 3-2 turnsplit and Slow Down wears off eventually.  Considering that Fantastica needs 5 turns to drain Rubella's MP to the point where she can't heal (so, completely) and only 6HKOs (although Zone Effect means she shouldn't be missing, which is a point, however minor, in her favor), that's not good enough as Rubella is going first regardless.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:04:33 AM by Random Consonant »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2019, 11:18:51 PM »
HELLO FORUMS WELCOME BACK.

This will probably be up a bit longer since it may be a few days before people trickle back in and realize the forums are back, but we'll see.

Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story): Birdy.
Bleublanc (Trails Series) vs Vampire (Bravely Default): Dhyer seems to think this is the case? (to be honest I never saw Bleublanc's special)
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Smash

Heavy

Jade (Dragon Quest XI) vs Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga): Re-Vamp, Flashback, and Fire Res is probably enough? He might be able to land Hyper Artes but without landing the components thereof...

Middle

Light

Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Fear, I suppose?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 01:05:04 AM »

While I'm normally a bit queasy about hyping Hide, the fact that Werner can hypothetically be cheezed by Transfer Rune Tressa or the like makes me inclined to let it happen, although it will take eons for even buffed Cecilia counterattacks to kill.  (Unless Werner is broken by BOOK ELEMENTAL or whatever which might speed things along.)
Hilariously enough, summoning support is not that great even if allowed, since it'd be a target for Vampire to suck up free BP from.  Anyway, Bravely Default attack debuffs are *potent* and might well counteract Mini's effects.  I do think that if Bleublanc is allowed to use his S-Craft often enough he should win (even once every 4 turns or so is probably good), but honestly I'm happy to take an excuse to vote for a PC over him.  (Cold Steel II Bleublanc...  well his HP is fine thanks to support credit and having a fight in Act I in Nord, but his damage is nothing special unless he resolves spells, and that takes awhile.)

Heavy

No vote, but do note that Jade probably needs to set up for a double to chip through Lang's Mystic Art.  Probably doable since she has great agility and will buff it further with Re-Vamp, but can run into some TB speed ceiling issues.
FFX has Sleepward?  Eh, good enough, Ann shouldn't OHKO.  (Note that Tidus won't get 6 Quick Hits off, if he eschews buffs that should be more like 4 QHs since the QHs are spaced throughout a turn?  So he'll get 3 QHs from his initiative turn and 1 QH from his normal turn 1, followed by Ann's turn, followed by his 2 remaining QHs and then his 1st QH for turn 2 under the spam strat.

Middle

I don't normally vote BoF3, but isn't Garr super bad?  I think Tressa wins a fair slugfest even where Garr has hypothetical ignore evasion attacks by just spell-slinging.
Silas is doubled by average, gets 3HKO'd, and doesn't 2HKO.  If you let Silas go first due to great move range or let him use the CQ-only average he can win though.
Niles is a mage-spoiler.

Light

Hmm, yeah, Shadow Dragon Bantu is slightly less pathetic (and we do have stats!  http://www.rpgdl.com/forums/index.php?topic=2527.0 ), although I was thinking of the memetastic New Mystery one at the time.  Still, 9 Speed with baking in the Dragonstone boost is ungodly horrible, that's doubled by those who are doubled by average tier, so I would have no problem with hyping uber-slow S3 spells against that, and SD Bantu is still damn frail.
S5 has great elemental resistance equips, but can Rahal break out SPIRIT ANIMAL RESISTANCE?!

I'll buy Random's argument.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 01:27:14 AM »
Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)

Heavy

Middle

Light

Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 10:46:02 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)- Even setting aside flamebird briefly, physical murder machine vs Lunar 1 boss ends badly for the former.

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Arnaud Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)- No vote.
Jade (Dragon Quest XI) vs Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)- No vote.
Ann Takamaki (Persona 5) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- No vote.

Middle

Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Roserade (Pokémon)- No vote.
Niles (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- *skim* Niles falls short of two-rounding thanks to those Silver penalties, Jean goes first and readily 3HKOs.

Light

Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- No vote.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2019, 02:50:57 AM »
Godlike

Werner (Octopath Traveler) vs Cecelia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs): Double acting gets through Hide and techs get through Dummy Doll, I believe?
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Probably.

Heavy

Mimikyu (Pokémon) vs Tana (Fire Emblem Sacred Stones): Unless Sun/Moon changed how ghost typing works.

Middle

Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Garr (Breath of Fire III): Garr is indeed very bad.
Silas (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII): Surely Squall doesn't hit 81% damage to average? And if he's not 2HKOing he's not winning, not with Silas's damage control.
Niles (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue): Jean does some terrifying status thing or other no doubt, Niles doesn't reduce status hit rate that much.

Light

Bantu (Fire Emblem Series) vs Alanis (Suikoden III): oh god no
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Rahal (Suikoden V): Is Rahal so terrible that Orochi doubles him? Probably not, but I can imagine he fails to double her, which spells doom against Orochi in Light
Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Trusting the people who can parse CSH in the DL better than I.
Rubella (Child of Light) vs Fantastica (Wild ARMs XF): Fantastica needing to win by both MP busting THEN damage against someone with non-fail durability? That is just not gonna happen.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2019, 10:52:29 PM »
Godlike
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission) - Think Fereydoon is too fast here. X-heart gives X a second shot, but I doubt it's enough barring seeing Fer as being quite fragile.

Middle
Silas (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) - I'd definitely see Silas getting a first strike here (Good move class + range 2 option (if necessary) vs someone who isn't special in Speed) and that's enough here. Attack, tank a hit, counter and finish. Squall needs a OHKO and I highly doubt that - not even sure if he 2HKOs to start.
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles) vs Roserade (Pokémon) - I don't recall Roserade as being particularly durable and that's bad here. Melia can ward Sleep, so she will get enough time to stack 2 DoTs that hit weakness + Sleep/Reflection stall. That's a *lot* of damage.

Light
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Rahal (Suikoden V) - Rahal is bad and should feel bad.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2019, 01:35:01 AM »
Godlike

Werner (Octopath Traveler)- i vs Cecelia Lynn Adelhyde (Wild ARMs)- iii
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)- iii
Bleublanc (Trails Series) vs Vampire (Bravely Default)- iiiii
Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)- iiiiii vs X (Mega Man X: Command Mission)

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison)- ii vs Arnaud Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4)
Jade (Dragon Quest XI)- i vs Lang (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)
Ann Takamaki (Persona 5)- i vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- ii
Mimikyu (Pokémon)- iiii vs Tana (Fire Emblem Sacred Stones)

Middle

Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler)- iii vs Garr (Breath of Fire III)
Silas (Fire Emblem Fates)- ii vs Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII)- iii
Melia Antiqua (Xenoblade Chronicles)- ii vs Roserade (Pokémon)
Niles (Fire Emblem Fates)-  vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- iiiii

Light

Bantu (Fire Emblem Series) vs Alanis (Suikoden III)- iiii
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiiiii vs Rahal (Suikoden V)
Chahn (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- iii
Rubella (Child of Light)- iiiii vs Fantastica (Wild ARMs XF)- ii