Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 4  (Read 1042 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 4
« on: September 24, 2019, 02:16:51 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)
Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler) vs Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates)
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Middle

Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)
Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Anri (Shining Force)
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 2, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 03:09:30 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X): Sonic Steel Strike Spam.... doesn't work as well as usual because Thage can't be Slowed and Haste can't replace it because it has a recoil. So, she reads him his Last Rites.

Middle

Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana): I think his Vampiric Flash helps him but... Dodge might kick in and screw him? She'll be using Pale Wing too. Still, Albel's healing is pretty good.

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Anri (Shining Force): Just 2HKOs or maybe OHKOs her. Ignores her evade gimmick.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 03:20:22 AM »

Therion's dropping that Incidental Attack passive vs. Fire Emblem fighters!

Hmm...  if Therion tries to wait until turn 3 for ez overkill, checking the math, even debuffed by Shackle Foe Camilla should narrowly kill Therion with 2x Silver Axes (into WTD, Therion will unusually voluntarily equip a Sword vs. Swordbreaker) + a Savage Blow.  Therion could equip for evasion and use a dagger, but I'm a little queasy hyping it as turn 2 since the rest of the cast could as well.  Okay, option 2 is Armor Corrosive -> HP Thief.  Therion would like it if you let the boosted HP Thief be doubled rather than having the double be unboosted...  hrmm, that kind of "efficient" effect does happen in-game with broken enemies I suppose.  But nah, that doesn't work because without Camilla Shackled, Therion is eating way too much damage on the counter in the middle.  Option 3 is to skip Armor Corrosive and use Shackle Foe instead...  nah, Therion loses way too much damage if he does that and won't come close to killing Camilla, even if he's allowed to double with the boost.

So yeah, Therion has a few ways to Almost Win, but think that only hyping an evade setup will do the trick for him.  Maybe against really inaccurate fighters but Camilla's fine on that.

Middle

Jean's clone thingy will be eating through Sidestep uses, and Tressa will eventually eat magic-typed Paralysis.  Stat topic hypes it as 4 turns?  That's surely enough time.  (8PT characters are kinda interesting in that non-fatal status can result in them waking up with a ton of BP ready to burn, but I assume Jean can finish the job before she gets Bifelgan's Bountied.)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 03:30:49 AM »
Godlike
Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)- Gut of ITD plus speed difference

Heavy
Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- Right, magic immunity does buy Slow protection and that does put a large wrench in Tidus' strategy.

Middle
Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)- OKay, so Lita will be running Pale Wing all the time. This really hurts Albel's MP Damage and it does make his healing less than full (although not enough to matter). Lita is fast + 0.92 SD and if she can attack twice in a row with Pale Wing up, she will 2HKO. Albel will still be 8HKOs her MP though, so she doesn't have enough time on average.

Light
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:15:10 PM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- Hrm.  I think?  Making Esmeralda unfocus is a lot of the work here.
Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)- ITD is pretty potent here, sure.

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)- No vote.

Middle

Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) vs Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Anri (Shining Force)- No vote.
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)- I would think at least.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 02:29:48 AM »
Godlike
Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5) - Seems right offhand.

Light
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) - Bowser curses going second here.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 01:05:44 AM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road): Oz acts first, breaks her right away, unloads damage. 6x Sound Wave damage really hurts! Doesn't kill of course. But.. yikes, Oz survives Five Strikes even, though both his hands die. He can then break her again, and I suspect that's about that... she may survive this one too, but Oz is guaranteed at least one more turn.
Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story) vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5): Royce 3HKOs I'd imagine, Fereydoon should be able to get off three Laser Silhouettes and two other shots of damage before then. That should be enough, Fereydoon is once again very happy his damage is fixed since if it were even magic (let alone physical) I think he'd lose here.

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler) vs Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates): Mostly trusting Snowfire + I really doubt I see him doubling anyway.

Middle

Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue): Slam Dance to put on pressure then paralyse before Bifelgan can land. Tressa can try to stall with Sidestep but Slam eats into that and if paralysis lands on round 3 that's a minimum of one Slam Dance and four Blue Dragon Palms, surely too much.

Light

Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates) vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars): Bowser one-rounds with a doubled physical, but Orochi going first means the counter in the middle of that is fatal. His best bet might be Fear -> OHKO after it? Except no, 1.5x Orochi damage still kills him.

Lots of analysis just to agree with everyone.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2019, 01:22:38 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Thage (Eternal Poison) vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 02:26:19 PM »
Godlike

Esmeralda (Octopath Traveler) vs Oz (The Wizrd of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road)- ii
Royce (Lunar: Silver Star Story)- ii vs Fereydoon (Wild ARMs 5)- iiii

Heavy

Therion (Octopath Traveler) vs Camilla (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiii
Thage (Eternal Poison)- ii vs Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Middle

Albel Nox(Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- iii vs Lita Blanchimont (Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana)
Tressa Colzione (Octopath Traveler) vs Jean (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue)- iiii

Light

Jeanne (Jeanne D’Arc) vs Anri (Shining Force)- ii
Orochi (Fire Emblem Fates)- iiii vs Bowser (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)