Author Topic: FE DL: "Has it been 6 years and 3 Fire Emblems?" Edition  (Read 1758 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
FE DL: "Has it been 6 years and 3 Fire Emblems?" Edition
« on: October 04, 2019, 02:46:31 PM »
1. Standard DL divisions (Godlike, Heavy, Middle, Light)
2. Please nom up to 6 characters per division.
3. Specify your games.  For characters in multiple games especially, because as with the last FEDL, characters will be game-locked to their nommed form.
4. Valid Games for Nomination: Geneology of the Holy War (4), Sword of Seals (6), Blazing Sword (7), Sacred Stones (8), Path of Radiance (9), Radiant Dawn (10), Shadow Dragon (11), Awakening (13), Fates (14), Echoes (15), and Three Houses (16)
5. Black Knight (9) and Ashnard (9) are not valid for nominations.  They have proven clusterfucks of division rating.  I'm uncertain as to the viability of Ashera (10), mayhaps some exciting NEW bullshit can match the power of the Auras?!
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: FE DL: "Has it been 6 years and 3 Fire Emblems?" Edition
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 06:32:17 AM »
Slim pickings in DL Godlike...  probably easier to fill a FE Punies division!  Other than the usual Radiant Dawn suspects I guess.  Usual disclaimers on "I nudged a few borderliners upward" here for the FE8 crew just to get something in Godlike.  Probably gets easier if weird custom stuff is allowed like custom skillsets & weapons, but eh.

Godlike
Sephiran (FE10)
Caineghis (FE10)
Myrrh (FE8)?
Lucina (Awakening)
Ephraim (FE8)?
Fortimosis (FE8)

Heavy
Claude (3H)
Corrin (Fates)
Rutger (FE6)
Celica (Echoes)
Delthea (Echoes)
The Vaike (Awakening)

Cluade might actually qualify as Godlike here?  Not in the regular DL, but his tricks are unusually relevant in FEDL.  Happy to kick him upstairs if desired.  (OTOH, Bows are unusually common in FEDL to shoot him down with, so who knows.)

Middle
Eliwood (FE7)
Fiora (FE7)
Hilda (3H)
Saizo (Fates)
Henry (Awakening)
Haar (FE10)

Light
Hubert (3H)
Linhardt (3H)
Minerva (SD)
Elincia (FE9)
Wolt (FE6)
Clair (Echoes)

--
Re Ashera: I think the fair thing to do is save her for the finals, since it's a little unfair in the early rounds after she's already established herself as a High Godlike when the other FE characters barely scrape Low Godlike at best.  Alternatively, create a Special Ashera Bullshit Division and throw in Jedah (Echoes), Apotheosis Anna (Awakening), Medeus With 4 Friendly Bishops Handy (FE12), and the like that can possibly keep up with her.  Although probably not.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »
Cluade might actually qualify as Godlike here?  Not in the regular DL, but his tricks are unusually relevant in FEDL.  Happy to kick him upstairs if desired.  (OTOH, Bows are unusually common in FEDL to shoot him down with, so who knows.)

Remember that Claude can dismount (after taking advantage of his turn 1 threat range advantage, even!) so his bow weakness is almost never relevant. (There's a slight speed penalty for doing so which could make the difference.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »
One thing I'm not certain on is translating range between the game. Blind transition of numbers is... there's a case for it, certainly, but certainly 3 range (and beyond!) is far more common in 15-16. Not sure how willing I am to give that an automatic range advantage in FE DL. Anyone have any other thoughts on the subject?

Godlike:
Athos (7)
Eirika (8)
Elincia (10)
Nailah (10)
Lucina (13)

Heavy:
Tana (8)
Hinoka (14)
Leo (14)
Dimitri (16)
Petra (16)

Middle:
Matthew (7)
Micaiah (10)
Henry (13)
Xander (14)
Mae (15)

Light:
Marcus (7)
Innes (8)
Soren (9)
Dorothea (16)
Hanneman (16)

Maybe.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 06:11:44 AM »
At least as far as Echoes is concerned, I'd say it's fair to give the bow knights one?  Range 3 in that game certainly doesn't deserve much credit in that regard since it's fairly standard (any non-basic bow, any mage who isn't named Delthea) but I'd definitely argue that range 5 should be treated like range 3 in other FEs, Bowrange +2 even paralells FE10's archers who get something similar (though obviously worse for various reasons).

No comment on Three Houses due to lack of a Switch.

Noms later if I feel like it.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 06:20:01 AM by Random Consonant »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 03:50:42 PM »
Oh, no question that 4 range in those games should be uncounterable by 2 range in the earlier games, it's when the gap drops to only one point that I'm less sure. 3 range in FE1-14 is more impressive than 3 range in FE15-16 is more impressive than 2 range in FE1-14 is more impressive than 2 range in FE15-16 but I'm not sure where the countering opportunities should begin and end there.

Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 09:45:51 PM »
Elf: Good point on 3H fliers / cav being able to ignore their weakness via CHEATING.  (How come Armor classes don't have a "Disrobe" option, eh?!)

Re ranges: Eh, I personally am inclined to interp things literally and say Life Is Simply Unfair.  That said, if we were gonna fudge things to be closer to reflecting in-game difficulty of cheezing older games range 1-2 characters, I would recommend being "inconsistent".  Take Boey vs. Erk or the like...  if FE7 magic is seen as range 1-3, then Boey loses horribly as his Fire counterattacks are outranged.  If FE7 magic is seen as range 1-2, then Boey has the option of chipping with Thunder/Sagittae to avoid counterattacks, which sure, feels a little off since range 1-2 isn't real common in Echoes.  The thing is, for FE7 range 1-2 characters, they're both very good at nearly always being able to counterattack, but also very bad at making it so opposing range 1-2 characters can't counterattack.  Implying they should both be receiving and giving counterattacks.  It's actually a bit similar in Echoes; lots of enemy Cantors equipped with range 1-3 Death, but that also don't move, so you can't cheeze them with magic (without a Mage Ring... whoops), but Boey/etc. will be able to counterattack themselves barring a tragic mispositioning simply by moving in close.  In other words, maybe interp Boey's mage opponents as having range 1-3 counterattack magic, but they still attack at range 1-2.  (And sure, let Boey use Sagittae to chip for free at Cavaliers armed with Javelins / Hand Axes, since those have range 1-2 in Echoes.)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2019, 04:30:53 AM »
Godlike:
Tibarn (FE10)
Naliah (FE10)
Lucina (FE13)
Eirika (FE8)
Ephraim (FE8)

Heavy:
Edelgard (FE16)
Ferdinand (FE16)
Camilla (FE14)
Tiki (FE13)
Tharja (FE13)

Middle:
Dedue (FE16)
Xander (FE14)
Eliwood (FE7)
Chrom (FE13)
Niles (FE14)

Light:
Dorothea (FE16)
Innes (FE8)
Soren (FE10)
Lucius (FE7)
Seth (FE8)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 11:00:51 PM »
Godlike

Edelgard (16)
Ced (4)
Dragon (7)
Dheginsea (10)
Jedah (15)
Naesala (10)

Heavy

Charlotte (14)
Alm (15)
Hector (7)
Larcei (4)
Celica (15)
Ike (9)

Middle

Hilda (Hilda! Hilda! (16))
Takumi (14)
Gerik (8)
Oscar (10)
Lugh (6)
Nowi (13)

Light

Marianne (16)
Flayn (16)
Jakob (14)
Volug (10)
Rebecca (7)
Ilyana (10)

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »
I haven't really counted up anything, but supposing I don't get a couple more noms, I think I'll just assume there's not too much interest in this and maybe whip up one more something before the end of the year.