Register

Author Topic: Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 4  (Read 1179 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 4
« on: January 10, 2020, 01:29:24 PM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)
Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)
Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Gen (Child of Light)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama 2019 Season 3, Week 4
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 04:36:16 PM »
This is one of the only non-Bluelike PCs that beats Belial - maybe the only one!  But yeah, Cold Steel has storebought Vanish/Eject blocking.  Normally this hardly matters since Belial can just kill with damage, but that doesn't help vs. Alisa's 3 lives.  The first S-Craft won't kill, but having to survive 2 more 200 CP boosted Radiance Arcs?  Nah.
Alyssa needs to use the status-immune weapon or auto-life weapon to not be ID'd, but that means she won't have the Style for an auto-revive.  And even if she barely did, she'd be at ~0 Style or so and have no way to threaten a kill back.
EDIT: On second thought, she just uses the Heroine Bo as normal and relies on the Style turn regardless.  But this still means shooting off her damage on turn 1, not her hyper turn, so I highly doubt that's enough to win with.

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Probably Cerya?

Light

Gen needs the all-in on Paralysis build to have a shot here, and I'm not sure that's enough, so probably Dorothea.  (She's...  less frail than I'd think in the DL, I'd have kneejerked .70 PCHP or less, but guess not.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 05:59:49 PM by SnowFire »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 05:18:23 PM »
Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- Strong kneejerk.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 08:43:24 PM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) - And the only thing Godlike learned this season is that Angel MQ is disgusting.  (or see Snowfire, as it turns out Alisa counters Belial incredibly hard)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years) - Probably right.

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Probably.
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - zzz

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates) - Subaki against people he can't double.
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Gen (Child of Light) - Kneejerk.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:04:02 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 12:55:45 AM »
Godlike
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)- Even has an Eject blocker?!

Heavy
Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- Not the type Arnaud spoils.

Middle
Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- Cerya 2HKOs, so it all comes down to whether Maya's status hits on turn 2 or later. Gut is with my views Maya should be okay (and is just okay otherwise as well).
...into the nightfall.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 04:32:00 AM »
Godlike

Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden): Given Deadly Fingertips' animation and general all-encompassing nature I'm not terribly inclined to let auto-life or style work against it. (In fact, does style do anything against instant death normally? Do CSH enemies actually have instant death?)

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years): Golbez just misses a OHKO with Flare, so Arnaud is getting two turns. That said, two Arnaud turns may not be that decisive? Golbez does have a bit of status resistance, and too much evade for instant death. Hi-Blasting to death seems like a bad idea too. Slow can buy Arnaud some turns probably, but it's probably not going to be enough.
Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope): Sooner or later someone will block petrify, right? ... Or just dodge a lot.

Middle

Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia): uhhh

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates): Probably.
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses) vs Gen (Child of Light): Hell if I know, so I'm just voting with the crowd / for the one I found much more useful in-game. (Aside to Snowfire: Dorothea's HP growth is actually the highest of the mages, which is the main thing which separates them on physical durability.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 05:02:33 AM »
Also, forgot to mention that Radiance Arc & friends are all full MT as well, just to make Belial's spoiling complete.

Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden): Given Deadly Fingertips' animation and general all-encompassing nature I'm not terribly inclined to let auto-life or style work against it. (In fact, does style do anything against instant death normally? Do CSH enemies actually have instant death?)

I'm pretty sure instant death doesn't exist in CSH.  I even poked around the bonus dungeon.  So...  hard to say, but in CSH style is guaranteed to get you that extra turn (granted, you might pass it due to Stun or something then immediately die), while there are bosses that do immune Deadly Fingertips, so I'd probably be inclined to in-game usefulness tiebreak toward style.  (That said, it doesn't really matter unless the CSH damage average is taken as extremely low, and while I might be inclined to spot some average respect to some of the fairer characters, Alyssa isn't one of 'em.)

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 06:01:48 AM »
Godlike

Heavy

Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria) vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Middle

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 04:10:53 PM »
Also, forgot to mention that Radiance Arc & friends are all full MT as well, just to make Belial's spoiling complete.

I'm pretty sure instant death doesn't exist in CSH.  I even poked around the bonus dungeon.  So...  hard to say, but in CSH style is guaranteed to get you that extra turn (granted, you might pass it due to Stun or something then immediately die), while there are bosses that do immune Deadly Fingertips, so I'd probably be inclined to in-game usefulness tiebreak toward style.  (That said, it doesn't really matter unless the CSH damage average is taken as extremely low, and while I might be inclined to spot some average respect to some of the fairer characters, Alyssa isn't one of 'em.)

Agree that it's moot here, of course, but the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to say instant death of any sort beats style. Like, what would instant death set HP to in the CSH system? Zero, so it's easy to recover from? -999, or whatever the lowest possible is? Rather than make that arbitrary decision, it makes more sense to me that sub-1 HP doesn't inflict death in CSH immediately, but anything that does inflict death would still do so. (Offhand, D&D also has "survive at negative HP" abilities, Power Word Kill bypasses them.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 06:24:13 PM »
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia): Immune sleep, draining?

Light

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 01:16:29 AM »
Godlike
Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel) - Alisa has the complete package here and nulls all of Belial's tricks: Blocker to void 4D Pocket, Angel's 2PB Auto Res to deal with the offense, 3 S-crafts to do the damage and deal with the speed, the S-craft being true MT to deal with Distortion. That being said, I wonder if Belial is the highest ranked Godlike that Alisa can deal with. She certainly is one of the few, if not the only PC, who can deal with the package.

Middle
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5) vs Raynie (Radiant Historia) - The draining is similar enough to Machias' regen so I suspect Raynie just pulls out the same strat here to win. I guess there's a theoretical argument here that Carol deals more damage and thus Raynie can't press the turn advantage but even without, she should have this I think? 

Light
Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates) - Timed Enchantments are awful awful news for FE chars since they can't be directly countered. Lily just drops them all over the place and since Subaki doesn't double here, he's kind of SoL.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 10:26:22 PM »
Godlike

Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden)- No vote.

Heavy

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- No vote.

Light

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 12:35:39 AM »
Godlike

Belial (Wild ARMs 4) vs Alisa Reinford (Trails of Cold Steel)- iiiiii
Alyssa L’Salle (Cosmic Star Heroine) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden)- iiii

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (Wild ARMs 4) vs Golbez (Final Fantasy IV: The After Years)- iiiiii
Hrist Valkyrie (Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria)- iiii vs Bacchus D-79 (Star Ocean: The Last Hope)

Middle

Cerya Phoraena (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together)- i vs Maya Amano (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- ii
Carol Anderson (Wild ARMs 5)- i vs Raynie (Radiant Historia)- iiiii

Light

Lilianne Valendorf (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy)- iiiii vs Subaki (Fire Emblem Fates)
Dorothea Arnault (Fire Emblem: Three Houses)- iiii vs Gen (Child of Light)