Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminary Pool 1  (Read 5589 times)

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminary Pool 1
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008, 03:27:56 AM »
--Huh, Blue Laguna's BoF1 tracks are all named the same as the ones I had originally (and I didn't get them from there)... and that includes things like the doubling up of Sara/Tears (although they call Tears Alan and Cerl Forever instead). What is this wierdery...

For what it's worth, "Tears" is the track title I was used to as well.

All are fan-made names; BoF1 didn't receive an official OST release (thus no titles to songs) until Capcom released the BoF Collectors OST which was quite recent. The other big fanmade misnomer is "Conflict of Dragons" (battle with Teepo's Dragonlord form); the official title is "Dragon Asymmetry."

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008, 06:39:01 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics- Trisection v Final Fantasy 9 - Battle 1 - Close, but Battle 1 is a much better standalone song.
Final Fantasy VII ~ Cait Sith's Theme v Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Wheeling Corby - Corby would have really had to suck to not beat Cait Sith's theme. Thankfully, it's actually GOOD.
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Second Overworld v Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity - Close one again.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ The Hidden Village v Megaman Battle Network 2 - And You Will Know The Truth - Nostalgia for Megaman music takes this.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Night Attack v Wild ARMs 5 - Kartikeya ASGX_7135 (: Battle) - Not really a fan of Night Attack.
Skies of Arcadia - Armada Battle v Tales of Symphonia - Zelos ~ Serious Arrangement - Nothing approaching close, and I don't dislike the loser here. Armada Battle is that good.
Breath of Fire - Tears v Final Fantasy 8 ~ Never Look Back - Never Look Back is meh.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Pressing Pursuit/Variation v Final Fantasy VI- The Decisive Battle - More nostalgia here.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Pyro

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 03:39:26 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics- Trisection v Final Fantasy 9 - Battle 1: Neither impresses me.
Final Fantasy VII ~ Cait Sith's Theme v Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Wheeling Corby: I don't really like it, but its craziness beats the opposition here.
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Second Overworld v Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ The Hidden Village v Megaman Battle Network 2 - And You Will Know The Truth: TP's stuff set up mood pretty well.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Night Attack v Wild ARMs 5 - Kartikeya ASGX_7135 (: Battle): Zaniness beats mediocrity?
Skies of Arcadia - Armada Battle v Tales of Symphonia - Zelos ~ Serious Arrangement: Can't really pick here. I like neither in particular.
Breath of Fire - Tears v Final Fantasy 8 ~ Never Look Back: Fate is good for an early SNES piece!
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Pressing Pursuit/Variation v Final Fantasy VI- The Decisive Battle: I can't really pick here. I'm indecisive.

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 04:17:21 AM »
Final Fantasy Tactics- Trisection v Final Fantasy 9 - Battle 1 - Not close
Final Fantasy VII ~ Cait Sith's Theme v Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Wheeling Corby - Neither is this.
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Second Overworld v Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity - Closer, but this is better than the mostly standard overworld theme.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ The Hidden Village v Megaman Battle Network 2 - And You Will Know The Truth - Very close.  Both are middlin good.

Final Fantasy Tactics - Night Attack v Wild ARMs 5 - Kartikeya ASGX_7135 (: Battle) - Man, all the good tracks are in the other pool.
Skies of Arcadia - Armada Battle v Tales of Symphonia - Zelos ~ Serious Arrangement - One of the SoA tracks I like.  Zelos isn't bad, though.
Breath of Fire - Tears v Final Fantasy 8 ~ Never Look Back - I'm used to the Alan and Cerl trackname for this.  Anyhow, it's pretty much the best BoF1 song.
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Pressing Pursuit/Variation v Final Fantasy VI- The Decisive Battle - Blah.

Man, so much in this pool is on that "Eh it's kinda good" mediocre level.  Massive props to Tonfa!

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 10:47:59 PM »
Final Fantasy Tactics- Trisection v Final Fantasy 9 - Battle 1
Final Fantasy VII ~ Cait Sith's Theme v Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Wheeling Corby
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete - Second Overworld v Digital Devil Saga 2: Divine Identity
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ The Hidden Village v Megaman Battle Network 2 - And You Will Know The Truth

Final Fantasy Tactics - Night Attack v Wild ARMs 5 - Kartikeya ASGX_7135 (: Battle)
Skies of Arcadia - Armada Battle v Tales of Symphonia - Zelos ~ Serious Arrangement
Breath of Fire - Tears v Final Fantasy 8 ~ Never Look Back
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Pressing Pursuit/Variation v Final Fantasy VI- The Decisive Battle
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »
Warning!  This is your 36 (or so) hour warning.  Please be sure to have voted in Pool 1 and 2 by 11:59 pm EDT, April 20th.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 05:18:36 AM »
Trisection
Wheeling Corby
Divine Identity
And You Will Know The Truth

Kartikeya ASGX_7135 (: Battle)
Skies of Arcadia - Armada Battle
Final Fantasy 8 ~ Never Look Back
Final Fantasy VI- The Decisive Battle

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 03:13:50 AM »
Final Fantasy VII ~ Cait Sith's Theme v Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Wheeling Corby
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ~ The Hidden Village v Megaman Battle Network 2 - And You Will Know The Truth

Final Fantasy Tactics - Night Attack v Wild ARMs 5 - Kartikeya ASGX_7135 (: Battle)
Skies of Arcadia - Armada Battle v Tales of Symphonia - Zelos ~ Serious Arrangement
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Pressing Pursuit/Variation v Final Fantasy VI- The Decisive Battle

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 04:58:10 AM »
~Bleh to FFIX music.

~BoF music.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 05:18:51 AM »
Trisection- xiiii v Battle 1- x
Cait- iii v Wheeling Corby- xvii
Second Overworld- ii v Divine Identity- xviii
Hidden Village- vii v Know Truth- viiii

Night Attack- vi v Kartikeya- xviii
Armada- xiii v Zelos- vii
Tears- viiii v Never Look- xii
Pressing- vii v Decisive- xi

For a while it looked liek Decisive Battle would be upset, but it really surged in the end.  Oh well, these will be filed away for the second round!  Thanks to all that voted.

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.