Register

Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 13  (Read 4313 times)

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 13
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 06:27:48 AM »
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete- Magical Weapon Nash - Why is this not the horrible horrible Japanese singer version of Magical Weapon Nash linked?!  It's positively sanity reducing.  Anyway, I actually like (the real version of) Magical Weapon Nash, but tough draw.

Hahaha, you've heard that version too?

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 06:33:12 AM »
Yah.  Beats me where it came from; I only made the connection to Magical Weapon Nash much later, as I downloaded it  back in 1999 or so before ever playing Lunar seemingly by accident.  Must have been trolling websites looking for a different song.  Was it part of some special arranged album or something?

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 06:44:29 AM »
Yah.  Beats me where it came from; I only made the connection to Magical Weapon Nash much later, as I downloaded it  back in 1999 or so before ever playing Lunar seemingly by accident.  Must have been trolling websites looking for a different song.  Was it part of some special arranged album or something?

It's from the Lunar Silver Star Story Lunatic Festa Volume 4 album, which... I think those albums are some kind of hybrid drama/arrange?  Or maybe it's drama + music from a different version (as in not SSSC) of the game?  I'm not sure, actually.

I happen to like the albums but not because of the Nash song.  >.>  Mia theme hype goes here though.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2008, 09:46:09 PM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Fire Emblem V - Leaf Army - In Search of Victory: Leaf - in a laugher, so to speak
Disgaea: Tomo Yo (Battle Comrade) v Front Mission 4- Hostiles
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Battle 2 v Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time - tough matchup
Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld v .hack - stage01 (Common Prarie Rain Field - Battle) - .hack's better than I would have thought. very close.

Digital Devil Saga 2 - The Sun v .hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English-
Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II v Shadow Hearts 2- Anastasia ~ The Imperial Princess
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete- Magical Weapon Nash - don't get the magical weapon nash hype one bit.
Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome v Wild Arms 5 - If We Act Like Scholars
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2008, 02:25:49 AM »
Phantasy Star IV: Laughter v Fire Emblem V - Leaf Army - In Search of Victory: Leaf: Laughter is one fo the only tracks of PS4 I liked.  The FE5 theme is generic.
Disgaea: Tomo Yo (Battle Comrade) v Front Mission 4- Hostiles: Neither does anything for me.
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest: Battle 2 v Ys The Oath In Felghana - Sealed Time: I like the former, but yeah, the latter is just better.
Xenogears - Light From The Netherworld v .hack - stage01 (Common Prarie Rain Field - Battle): Whatever, neither stood out to me either.

Digital Devil Saga 2 - The Sun v .hack//G.U. 2 - Gentle Hands -English-: Decent Vocal against pure background music.
Shadow Hearts: From The New World - Lady Tears II v Shadow Hearts 2- Anastasia ~ The Imperial Princess: Awesome Final Boss music vs. Forgettable boringness.
Final Fantasy X: Someday the Dream Will End v Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete- Magical Weapon Nash: One of my favorites from FFX vs. not one of my favorites from SSSC...an OST I actually dislike for the most part.
Perfect Cherry Blossom - Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of the Sumizome v Wild Arms 5 - If We Act Like Scholars:  Has absolutely nothing stand alone.  MEANWHILE, the Touhou music I thought was badass when Hal first sent it to me for the sake of the Music Quiz at DLC2.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 04:57:04 AM »
Pool closes in 24 hours.  Votes are goooooood~
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2008, 05:51:11 PM »
laughter- xviii v leaf- vi
Tomo- viiii v Hostiles- xiii
Battle 2- vi v Sealed time- xvii
Light- xiiii v Rain- x

Sun- iiii v Gentle- xviiii
Lady- xv v Anastasia- viiii
Dream- xx v Nash- v
Bloom- xvi v Scholars- viiii

So uh... one match was kinda close!  But yeah, straightforward pool.  Thanks for voting.

CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.