imageRegister

Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 14  (Read 4252 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 14
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2008, 02:45:21 AM »
Legend of Mana: The Darkness Nova v Suikoden V ~ Oboro's Theme: While I'm not completely in love with Darkness Nova (its odd, liked it a lot at first, but I slowly grew away from it), it crushes Oboro's Theme.
Fire Emblem VII - Reminiscence v Final Fantasy 9 - Clowns on a Dark Night: I saw FE7 on the other side, figured this would be a slaughter...but then listened and went "Oh, this is one of the GOOD songs of FE7!" Pity the synth makes it lose still.
Persona 3 – Burn My Bread -last battle- v Seiken Densetsu 3 - Angel's Fear: No.
Wild Arms 5 - Justice to Believe (ver. Beginning) v Xenogears: Flight: Good fight, going with the song I've been listening to lately.

Soul Nomad: Cradle of the Ivory Moon v Tales of Rebirth – “Scutum’s Fang”: Not one of the better SN pieces here, but Scutum's Fang has like nothing going for it.
Lunar: Eternal Blue - Eternal Blue [Rondo-Light and Shadows] v Wild ARMs 5 - The Place I'll Return to Someday: The WA5 song is a pure in game thing that fundamentally fails by itself.  It clearly feels like it wasn't intended to be stand alone either.  MEANWHILE, the LEBC song is actually decent.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Grand Finale? v Suikoden III: Exceeding Love: Grand Finale's decent, but not one of my favorites in FF6, Exceeding Love is about as good as you'll get in S3, barring maybe one other song.
Suikoden II - Heart-softening BGM I v Phantom Brave - The End of This Passionate Feeling: Not a fan of either, but the PB song is less boring.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2008, 04:55:47 AM »
Pool closes in 24 hours.  Equally important, at that time ROUND 2 will start.  Hells yeah.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 06:10:36 PM »
Darkness Nova- xxii v Oboro- i
Reminiscence- ii v Clowns- xx
Bread- xii v Angel's- x
Justice- viiii v Flight- xiii

Cradle- xviii v Scutum's- iiii
Eternal Blue- xviiii v Place- iiii
Grand Finale?- viii v Transcending Love- xv
Heart- v v Passionate- xvi

YOU... TRAITORS!
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.