Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 15  (Read 4186 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

QuietRain

• Proven real at last
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Preliminaries Pool 15
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 09:52:36 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death-
"Soul Meets Soul When Eyes Meet Eyes"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City- To respond to Finali's comment in one of the earlier topics: XG's music is just as generally underwhelming in game. This song's no different. Buried City is however hideously repetitive. A shame, it has potential.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song- Complete and total fucking slaughter. Illusionary Dance is one of the best Castlevania tracks, the AI1 song is Meeplina on Ice.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing- reasonably close. I like the Road.. a bit. But not nearly enough.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison- Coin's song's a good mood piece, can't compare with an outright good duengon theme though.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2- Not bad at al, but Wily Stage 2 is a classic.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld- I enjoy a lot of Lufia music. Not a fan of the overworld theme though.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire- Decent mood piece. Don't like round dance.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death-
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 03:15:38 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 10:07:04 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v [/b]Wild Arms 4 – Buried City[/b] - Fangs is...meh?
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song -Urge to kill Kappa...rising~
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - Ow, my ears.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - First Unison is good.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Longish, but good.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - The AI song was kinda meh.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - Sea and Fire is alright.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - Invitation isn't bad. I find the RSMS music to be overhyped in general, but this isn't bad.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:35:59 AM by Gatewalker »
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 10:07:30 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City: Buried City takes too while to get good, I think? Not sure. One who Bares Fangs is at least quirky.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song:
14:22<Electivire> I am oddly tempted to Kartikeya clause Hager's Song here.
14:23<CmdrKing> it is hilariously bad which is >> boring?
14:23<Electivire> It sucks, but it an amusing, intentional way, and its opponent is boring.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing: Didn't rend my ears with its opening. The SN track gets better, but on the other hand, Mushroom Way's music actually works -better- outside of game to me, which surprises me. Just catchy and playful.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison: First Unison is... my favourite Sakuraba track? No, wait, he did IotA. Still.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2: Unimpressive vs. badass MM music.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire: Beautiful Rondo's not bad, but I think I slightly prefer Bonds. Good fight.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death-: Rachel's decent, but RSMS boss tracks are usually nice.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 10:30:33 PM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City: Both are slow and take a while to do anything. I like the mood of the XG song better (despite the WA4 track being tied to some of the best Raquel/Arnaud scenes), so yeah.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song: Hager's Song is the audio equivalent of a root canal.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing: I don't like SMRPG music. At all. Sorry, not even Shimomura compositions are automatically godlike. Crash Landing is fun and reuses a character theme to good and plot-relevant effect, which is awesome.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison: Too bad. It's a nice FFVI song, but First Unison is one of VP's best.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2: RO song isn't my style. Wily theme also has nostalgia going for it and a nice, tense "the world is on the line" feeling.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld: Lufia 2 theme does the best it can, but the sound quality gap here is just too big.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire: Eh. More personality, and I don't really dig either.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death-: Poor Rachel. Good, but "good" isn't good enough against this kind of opponent.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 11:03:57 PM by El Cideon »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 11:16:59 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - Buried City is generally boring.  Fangs is...unique.  I like it.  Not sure why, but it's unique with a different feel that is oddly fitting.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - If you vote for Hager's Song and not Burn my Bread, you are a Communist.  So vote for Burn My Bread if you vote for Hager's Song.  And in general >_>
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - ...wow.  Probably the song from SN I like the least here...up against a game I didn't realize had music in it.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - AWESOME SLAUGHTER.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - MM3 kicks ass.  The opening is pretty fucking fantastic, as are the Wily Stages.  Prontera is nice, really nice, but I'm giving Nostalgia lots of points here.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - ...wow.  I thought I'd vote the other way on this, but both songs are very similar.  Resounding Heartbeat...I think I'll be giving the nod to.  Guess I'll finally be playing AI2 very soon.  Overworld is still damn good, but...impressed with Heartbeat.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - Yeah, I like XG music, but Round Dance is iconic and awesome.  Sea and Fire I associate with Thames Captain, sure, but...not enough here.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - Wow.  I really like Forever Rachel.  Completely different styles here.  Death is...pretty damn awesome, and makes use of excellent background vocals to really emphasize the point.  Rachel's great, but...doesn't really equate it to Rachel for me, just a good, generally effective sad song.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:52:11 AM »
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song

Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 01:32:39 AM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - I do love Xenogears music, but Buried City is pretty darn good once it gets going (which, admittedly, does take a while)
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - ...I honestly have no idea what to say
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Nostalgia wins another fight!

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Oh, but nostalgia can't win this one. That Ragnarok theme was surprisingly good.  Very pretty and peaceful.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - Good fight.  I think I like Resounding Heartbeat just a smidgen better, though.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - Yep, RSMS still has good music

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 02:45:57 AM »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 03:13:23 AM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - I like Buried City a lot; since the place is deserted, it can't be too crazy if it's to fit the place.  I seem to be voting for a lot of really long pieces that end up losing (see: The Battle for Freedom), though.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Slaughter.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Theme of Pronterra sounds good for that type of music... but I'm not a huge fan of that genre.  The Wily music is nicely and strangely dramatic for NES days; it just frustratingly gets cut off by an early loop before it can get interesting.  Stupid memory limitations.  Still, a nod for potential.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - Good fight; I like both.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - I do not like Beautiful Rondo.  Or most of Disgaea's music heard so far, for that matter.  Bonds is...  underrated, I think, and is nicely moving in its later bits.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - What huh?  I can see the hype for other RSMS songs so far, but not this one.  It's dramatically dead, repetitive, and doesn't actually go anywhere.  Instrumentation is nice and that's it; a major disappointment compared to some of RSMS's other tracks so far.  Forever Rachel is serviceable enough.

Soulgain

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 04:42:32 AM »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 06:34:51 AM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - Close.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - Go! Go! Go!
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - Not a SMRPG track I like~
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Edgar assocation makes it close but I would never actively listen to Coin Song...

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 02:03:13 PM »
Buried City eventually goes somewhere.  Something I cannot say of th XG track.

Yes, I am voting this to another round, as I will not need to listen to it again.  Sadly...  the same principle that nets it victory this round will probably get it victory next round too, just because this is probably the worst four song section of the tourney...

Crash Landing is oddly good.  SMRPG is not.

My first thought was that the Figaro music would have had a better chance.  Then I listened to First Unison and realised it was a blow out either way.  At least then I would have been able to listen to superior Castle Figaro music instead of sappy and listless Coin Toss.

Prontera seems like it'd be annoying even as a background, and bland beats annoying.

Slightly better, though a big meh to both.

I like Bonds of Sea and Fire, but Midboss is just too classy to vote against.

And...  again FF6 has a good piece of music bypassed for the sappier version.  Odd that.  Ah well, the real shame is the best four songs in this pool havig to face each other first.

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 07:08:54 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - Buried City eventually gets good. The XS does not.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - Those calling Dance of Illusions boring need to not listen to the SotN version and need to listen to the DXC version.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - I guess.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Wow. Horrible slaughter.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Fuck nostalgia. NES sound quality is shit and Wily Stage 2 isn't a particularly good melody in the first place.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - Pulls off the same style without being boring.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - Not a fan of Beautiful Rondo.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - I can't think of a single FF6 song that beats any song by Kenji Ito. Horrible slaughter.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 08:39:46 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City: Mood pieces. Sure, the XG one doesn't develop but I like it better at the moment.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song: A vote for Hager's Song is a vote against FREEDOM.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing: Hm, the SMRPG track works better than I expected. Much better than the oft-hyped Forest's Mushrooms. That said this is Crash Landing and Crash Landing is delightful groovy chaos.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison: And here's more proof I don't hate Sakuraba!

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2: Prontera's neat enough to beat out NES music.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld: 'tis decent.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire: Bonds is boring, Round Dance is elegant.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death-: Not even remotely close.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 04:58:29 AM »

Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City- Never felt One Who Bares Fangs at God hype.  It's common, too.  Buried City is sedate but persistent, works well enough.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song- Eh, I kind like the CV track, enough not to vote a joke nom over it anyways.

Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire- Ah.. hm.  They're really different, but while Midboss' song's got more character it just doesn't hit me like Bart's does.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 07:07:50 AM by Cmdr_King »

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2008, 05:43:14 AM »
One Who Bares Fangs At God- Deliciously creepy
Dance of Illusions
Crash Landing- It would be better if its is Levin instead
The First Unison
Theme of Prontera
Resounding Heartbeat
Bonds of Sea and Fire
Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- Crap, I actually likes Forever Rachel

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2008, 05:57:11 AM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - Just better.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - .... my EARS
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - Ew.  Don't like Crash Landing either.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Goooood match.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Should have put in RBO music instead~
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - Hey, this is pretty neat AND IF I HEAR THAT OVERWORLD ONE MORE TIME I BURN SOMETHING.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - Man, just how many XG songs were nommed?  Tourney's making me go back and realize how much I like that OST.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - Mm, kinda tough.  Death is pretty repetitive though.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2008, 03:14:04 AM »
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - First Unison is awesome? good, even?  I don't understand you guys.

Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death - FF6 has a rough day <_<
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 02:09:41 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - Buried City builds nicely I guess? Bares Fangs sucks, reasons are not needed here.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - Uh, this seems pretty clearcut to me. Not seeing Hager hate whatsoever o_o
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - Inoffensive versus somewhat aggravating.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Yeah, Coin just barely wins out here despite not being the best version of that track.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Utterly clearcut.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - Not difficult.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - Lame versus Mediocre
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - Rachel is really nice, but up against Minstrel Song that isn't enough...

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City: Song I actively don't like vs. song I couldn't care less about.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song: Intentionally bad > Boring.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing: Good once you get past the intro, SMRPG music is catchy, but leaves a lot to be desired beyond that.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison: Coin Song needed to be Edgar and Sabin, which is a far superior version of that melody. Note that I'm not a massive fan of First Unison.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2: If this was Wily 1 from MM3, I might consider it, but Wily 2 is clearly the inferior song, the RO song is pretty meanwhile.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld: The AI2 song is boring, meanwhile I liked Overworld.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire: As usual, XG music typically does little for me.  Midboss' theme, meanwhile, is fun.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death: Forever Rachel needs to Locke's Theme.  Argh, this is the 3rd time an inferior version of a melody has been used in place of the Character Theme version.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 12:56:30 AM »
Xenogears - One Who Bares Fangs At God v Wild Arms 4 – Buried City - Buried City is pretty awesome.  I like the buildup.  One Who Bares Fangs At God is just always boring.
Castlevania series- Illusionary Dance/Dance of Illusions v Atelier Iris 1 - Hager's Song - Not Hager's Song.  It is piss boring though.
Super Mario RPG ~ The Road is Full of Dangers v Soul Nomad - Crash Landing - Close one.  Think I'm feeling the Shimomura right now though.
Final Fantasy VI: The Coin Song v Valkyrie Profile - The First Unison - Uh yeah sure.

Ragnarok Online - Theme of Prontera v Megaman 3- Wily Stage 2 - Not close.
Atelier Iris 2 – Resounding Heartbeat v Lufia 2 - Overworld - Overworld is a lot better than I remember!  But I really do like Resounding Heartbeat.  This is pretty close though.
Disgaea ~ Beautiful Round Dance/Beautiful Rondo v Xenogears - Bonds of Sea and Fire - Sure.
Final Fantasy VI ~ Forever Rachel v Romancing Saga Minstrel Song - Written Invitation to Death -The Battle with Death- - I like these both.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 06:23:38 AM »
Fangs- vii v Buried- xv
Illusions- xiii v Hager- viii
Road- viii v Crash- xiiii
Coin- vi v Valhalla- xvi

Prontera- x v Wily- x(Hatbot)
Heartbeat- xii v Overworld- vii
Midboss- vii v Bart- xiiii
Rachel- iiii v Death- xvii

Straightforward pool.  Thanks for voting (a week ago >.>)