Register

Author Topic: Not Ranked 10-1: Showtime for the Tragic Prince.  (Read 5336 times)

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
Re: Not Ranked 10-1: Showtime for the Tragic Prince.
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 04:11:29 AM »
Godlike
---
Zenon(Dis2) vs Atma Weapon(FF6)  -Atma had something that OHKOs most of the cast... probably doesn't OHKO Zenon, but 2HKO and going first works here.

Light
---
Genshu(S2) vs Onix(PKMN)- Sure, kinda sad

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Not Ranked 10-1: Showtime for the Tragic Prince.
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 05:48:56 AM »
I don't arbitrarily penalize Dante for the -existence- of phys-nulling characters in his game, like ID, so it's blistering and I honestly have no idea what Alucard has to compare to it.  He's the only character in his game!  His stats (and damage, remember) are average automatically, and I don't see what tricks he's got that make him a Godlike in spite of this.

Dante has blistering damage? Yeah right. A low 3HKO only saved by 2 actions per round gives him a middling 2HKO. That is not blistering.

As for Alucard in Godlike? Uh...almost nobody in Godlike makes it there on stats alone. Skills and equipment are far more determinative of what makes a good Godlike.

Alucard Shield + Shield Rod = Win if he gets a turn. Complete invincibility cheese does that.

Medusa Shield + Shield Rod -> Gas Form is also pretty much a win as well, since the Medusa Shield special will stay in effect until all enemies on-screen are destroyed while Gas Form makes him nearly invulnerable until the Medusa Shield does its job.

Dragon Helm halves the defense of all targets. Not that this makes a big effect against Dante, since Dante's defense is utter shit to begin with, but its there.

Complete walling of Ice, Fire, and Lightning with certain equips.

Complete immunity to all damage but Ice while in Gas Form.

Dark Metamorphosis + A fast weapon for effective parasitic healing.

I could list more, but Alucard has the tricks to make it in Godlike despite having average damage, if you know where to look.