Author Topic: Season 43, Week 2 - Light decided it's cute to emulate NR. Run screaming.  (Read 7137 times)

cloudstrifesheart

• Denizen
  • so tragic
    • View Profile
Thanks Ranbu. Yeah i give him the three fight hp because its a continuation. So i do have high respect with his durability especially with the damage halving. Indiscriminate is definitely his best attack. Loki's hp is definitely better than geneives. LOKI FOR GODLIKE CHAMP
I think......I think I want to be forgiven. Mhhm. More than anything.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Meeple: How could someone ban Ultima, but allow Pearl?

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
EDIT: And forgot he halves Fire!

I didn't forget this, and didn't feel the need to state that her next best after that wasn't enough, as it felt pretty obvious.

And...yeah, not even thinking about the MP damage arguments myself, as Terra has other problems if she tries for a chipping game(like Luther getting doubles on her). This just feels like a case of "Terra vs a limit boss who's faster then her and resists her best damage" and such, for me. Chip->Smash through limit doesn't work because he resists her Smash, and stalling games don't work because he will double her, and sooner rather then later.

EDIT: And now for something I DID forget, what level does Terra learn Pearl?
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
57. You're not seeing it without grinding. I think the boss stats in the topic are scaled against like L40? Anything up to 50 seems reasonable for endgame, past that...not so much. Fire 3 is L43 for the record.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Pyro

More reasonable than level 99, at least.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
I thought it was something like that. Yeah, 57 I'll allow, but...still don't quite see Morph Pearl as enough. It's close, but falls a bit short to me.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

muakaka

• Denizen
  • Needs. To. Be. Ranked.
    • View Profile

Luther Lansfeld (SO3) vs. Terra Branford (FF6)- As far as SO3 is concerned, I believe the game has no concept of accuracy. You're in range, you get hit.

Nope, wrong.  The game has accuracy and evasion, it just rarely kicks in.  You'll see a weird blocking animation if it occurs.  Whether someone can prove it ignores evade or not, I'm not taking it as unevadable until then.

The weird blocking animation, I believe, was an effect from having 100% Guts/Stamina/whatever it was called, and it was a PC-unique thingy.
Essentially the first few hits of damage is blocked until that shield breaks, but this shouldn't matter as Terra isn't from SO3.
Neither should it matter to SO3 PCs because ANY action at all takes up Guts/Stamina/whatever it was called.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
That's the standard block you're describing.  The weird one is when the enemy sucks enough that it fails to break your evasion and the attack is outright blocked, which isn't reliant on Fury. 

It's also rather annoying, as the character blocking will stop what they're doing for the block animation, and on most levels anything that could potentially miss probably isn't going to be able to hurt you in the first place.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Godlike

Luther Lansfeld (SO3) vs. Terra Branford (FF6) - Yeah, stuff like Holy and Megid may not be exempt from the Yamikei Clause, but something like Ultima?  Max level is no.

Heavy

Arnaud G. Vasquez (WA4) vs. Maya Schroedinger (WA3) - ITE physical.  Arnaud can't really deal with it.
Rune Walsh (PS4) vs. Saki Inugami (SH2) - Poor, poor Rune.  He needs a break.

Middle

Alef (SF1) vs. Hahn Mahlay (PS4) - Damn.  Alef falls short of the kill range here.  And has to deal with Eliminate--SF mages are not known for evasion.
Duran (SD3) vs. Fu So Ya (FF4) - It's Duran.
Etna (Disgaea) vs. Brad Evans (WA2) - Haven't played nearly far enough in WA2 to be confident in the legality of my vote here, though it feels like this is Brad's match.

Light

Stallion (Suikos) vs. Big Joe (XG) - BIG JOE!!!
Edward Chris von Muir (FF4) vs. Raja (PS4) - FF4o Edward sucks for the phase you have him.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Thanks Ranbu. Yeah i give him the three fight hp because its a continuation. So i do have high respect with his durability especially with the damage halving. Indiscriminate is definitely his best attack. Loki's hp is definitely better than geneives. LOKI FOR GODLIKE CHAMP

Even without the 3 fight HP...6500 total HP when your combined party pumps out about 2500 a round makes his HP not so good.
...into the nightfall.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
Godlike

Luther Lansfeld (SO3) vs. Terra Branford (FF6) - For the record, if you beat the game at 50, getting to level 99 takes less post game work that say... getting half the Celestial weapons in FFX.  I can easily see disallowing it, but I mean level 99 isn't exactly hard to do.
Loki (VP1) vs. Genevieve (VP1) - Splat

Heavy
Ultros (FF6) vs. Valter (FE8)- Yeah... seems right without actually mathing it out

Light
Stallion (Suikos) vs. Big Joe (XG) -  Fail!
Shiho (VP1) vs. Erk (FE7) - Erk laughs at Nino's draws

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
I ... S03 characters are not going to see the blue parry shield against Luther unless they are either horrendously overlevelled or IC whoring Thieves Boots. Sorry Meep.

Unless you can offer a good argument as to how Terra's evade fits in with the S03's cast and how she'd be an evade Goddess if she was in my team there.

I do allow Terra Ultima however.

This match ... also depends on what field we're playing. I usually force ARPG characters to play turn based because it saves headaches but for those who allow all ARPG then PS can be outrunned and Insanity Prelude avoided by standing on a certain part of the battle field. Unless Terra's playing the PAL version <_<

MP damage ... in S03 Terra would have good durability against MP damage. Good MP tanks in that game are Maria, Sophia, Nel, Peppita and Adray (though Adray having no armour hurts >_>) Poor durability would be something like Cliff and Roger like MP. I don't think Terra applies ;p
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile

Luther Lansfeld (SO3) vs. Terra Branford (FF6)- As far as SO3 is concerned, I believe the game has no concept of accuracy. You're in range, you get hit.

Nope, wrong.  The game has accuracy and evasion, it just rarely kicks in.  You'll see a weird blocking animation if it occurs.  Whether someone can prove it ignores evade or not, I'm not taking it as unevadable until then.

The weird blocking animation, I believe, was an effect from having 100% Guts/Stamina/whatever it was called, and it was a PC-unique thingy.
Essentially the first few hits of damage is blocked until that shield breaks, but this shouldn't matter as Terra isn't from SO3.
Neither should it matter to SO3 PCs because ANY action at all takes up Guts/Stamina/whatever it was called.

Yep this is true, I checked this. Bring a lv.255 char to a lv.1 enemy and see for yourself. Such evade tweak is also often used for high end no damage trophy challanges. As it applies to all physical moves in the game, rather strong or weak.