Author Topic: Music Tournament of Doom Round 3 Pools 9-12  (Read 4274 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Tonfa

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Music Tournament of Doom Round 3 Pools 9-12
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 06:47:09 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin-: Tough. But it's still no Volsung.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle: More epic!
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park: An actual memorable song.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma: Not enough >>>s to fit here.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood: Utter slaughter.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance: An absolute favorite versus good.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: By the barest of margins. Egads this is tough, but RLR has segments where it could be stock Gust.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: Yes, I do like it enough to go over here. Never seen the hype for some of these WA tracks.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 06:52:03 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin-
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma - Both fail.  Oi.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Like Tonfa, I don't get the appeal.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 06:58:55 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin-: Tough call. But I'm definitely voting for RSMS once already in this pool, so...
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle: Unholy slaughter. Epic Battle fails to live up to its name and is badly outrocked here.
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park: I-No worship continues unabated. Won't be upset to see Aoba Park move on either, though.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood: Right side sweeps in this half? Eh, sure. I like both here anyway.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance: Sakuraba can be pretty damned awesome when he feels like it.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: Unimpressed by Red Lucifer Rising (and I've even heard it in-game now!)
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: Bea's track is one of my favorites.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 07:03:44 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin-: Persephone's immense sexiness can hold up even against RSMS.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle: Uh... both of these rule, and are similar. Feeling Shirach just a -little- more at the moment.
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park: How the fuck did Aoba Park make it this far.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma: Good vs. decent.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood: Pretty easy.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance: Pretty godlike.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~: More badass, less shrill.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality: Beatrice SMAAASH.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 07:26:22 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin-
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 08:00:06 AM »

How odd, I still don't like Epic Battle

It's close, but even run of the mill GG is good stuff.

Stigmata feels a bit overwrought, just a bit too over produced, whereas Karma is just a fun bouncy tune with some great sections in it.

I knew there was a reason I voted for neither of there.  Well, since I have to vote for one, I'll vote for the one that has a section that isn't grating to listen to.

The fact that I keep on thinking this is Midboss' music when I'm not looking is enough for the pass.

Eh, general support for a good CC piece.

Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality
WA3 brings a good piece, but the overworld theme of FFVII is everything an overworld theme should be and best of its kind.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 09:44:29 AM »
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park- Aoba Park I could just leave on in the background forever and enjoy it. Midnight Carnival had the starting potential but it doesn't go anywhere.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood- Not a major fan of it, but not close.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance- Kind of meh here.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- RLR could beat a lot of others in the pool to me, but love Time's Scar
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality- See Excal for this one.
...into the nightfall.

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 09:46:44 AM »
Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle)
Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach-
The Midnight Carnival
STIGMATA

Black as Sin, Red as Blood
Influence of Truth's Appearance
Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 03:34:00 PM »

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 07:56:48 PM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin- - Saruin is awesome in-game and out-of-game.  Persephone is great too...but feels less fitting in-game.  Think it would almost fit one of the others (except Kartikeya!) better.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Schirach isn't exactly one of my favourites.  Epic Battle is fucking awesome.
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park - Maybe if I listened to GG more, I'd like it better...as is?  Nah.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma - Involves less Jesus!  Or something >_> 

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood - FEED ON THE BLOOD OF THE DAMNDED, NYX!
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance - Why couldn't this play for the gay duo or other major bosses? 
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Both have awesome names.  Red Lucifer is a better song.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Beatrice for the win, and no a hard one, here.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

InfinityDragon

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 07:57:52 PM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin- - Persephone is only good for being Techno in a Wild Arms game. Generic Techno loses horribly to RSMS's superior instrumentation and harmonization.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Kersplat.
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park - Not shitty hard rock that starts nowhere and goes nowhere.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma - Karma is just bad.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood - Battle needs to champ. Better melody, better contrabass, better harmony. Even wins over Black as Sin based on uniqueness.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance - Not a fan of Influence. It's like a sad, pathetic, Stravinsky wannabe that fails utterly.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Weakest match in the pool.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Not really fucking boring.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park- I like Aoba park.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma- Skip.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood- Champ powered versus another boring WA track.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality- Not quite champ powered versus another boring WA track.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 12:42:23 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin- - Awesome vs. Excellent.  We all win.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Pretty soon the RSMS tracks will be the only ones left
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park - Neither should have made it this far, but whatever

Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance - Requisite match of meh

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2008, 02:53:23 AM »
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park - Midnight Carnival is not good.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma - Sorry Karma.  It was close.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin- Stayin' with me a lot better at the moment.

Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- Mmm.  Red Lucifer starts strong, but doesn't keep it up like Chrono Cross.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality- Coinflip match (said the FFVII fanboy).

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin- - Tad better. Also Saruin's a bit too long.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Neither of these are especially awesome to be honest.
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park - In a more peaceful-requesting mood I do find myself.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma - I don't really mind either of these, but it's a pretty clear win for Stigmata.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood - This would be no contest.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance - Going for weirdness over boringness here.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- - Argh. I can't really bring myself to care one way or the other for either of these. Coinflip says Lucifer.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality-  - It's going to take more than something middling to beat this.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin-- RSMS
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle- RSMS
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park- As always, GG music fails to impress.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma- Close, but I'm going with the one who actually comes close to deserving its other wins.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood- lol P3 song as always
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance- The two best songs in the pool? Possibly! The PB song is just... perfect and wonderful though.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~- Meanwhile, this match fucking fails.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - Not close
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »
This pool will close in 34 hours.  Since at this stage it's probably kinda tricky to keep track.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 12:36:50 AM »
Wild Arms 5 - Persephone IPCC_3927 (: Battle) v Romancing SaGa: Decisive Battle! -Final Battle with Saruin- - Awesome.
Romancing SaGa: Calling an Awakening Memory -The Battle with Schirach- v Digital Devil Saga 2 - Epic Battle - Schirach is probably the weakest RSMS song here?  Still beats lots of stuff but not this.
Guilty Gear XX: The Midnight Carnival v Persona 2: Eternal Punishment - Aoba Park - Fucking slaughter.
Mana Khemia - STIGMATA v Tales of the Abyss: Karma - Easy.

Persona 3 - Battle for Everyone's Souls v Wild ARMs 3 - Black as Sin, Red as Blood - Also easy.
Phantom Brave - Strange Wind v Star Ocean 3 - Influence of Truth's Appearance - Sure.
Atelier Iris 2 - Red Lucifer Rising v Chrono Cross - Chrono Cross ~Time's Scar~ - Both of these rule.  This is close.
Final Fantasy VII: Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII v Wild Arms 3: Losing the Inescapable Nightmare, an Unending Reality - But this one is not.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 03:17:47 AM »

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 05:32:41 AM »
Persephone- x v Saruin- x (Hatbot)
Schirach- xv v Epic- v
Carnival- viii v Aoba- xi
STIGMATA- xi v Karma- viii

Souls- xv v Sin- v
Wind- xii v Truth- viii
Lucifer- viiii v CC- xi
FFVII- viiii v Beatrice- xi

First time in the entire contest that a majority of the matches have been close.  Shock and awe.  Thanks for voting.