Author Topic: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead  (Read 77089 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide Squad Mafia, Game Over: Number the Dead
« Reply #625 on: July 14, 2008, 08:24:51 AM »
Also I think that scum having the most powerful role in the game is rather ridiculous. Honestly the setup feels extremely not designed for a town win in general, since there weren't a lot of resources at their disposal. Basically only a vig and some other roles of dubious worth, and there were -three- ITPs, one that was immune to the vig! I mean seriously, what.

Scum having a watcher/tracker isn't so hot given that the vast majority of town roles don't do anything threatening in the first place. The only thing that really would've been a coup is catching Andy in the act, and they killed him before they even knew he was the vig. Really, the whole idea behind the game was making reliance on power roles pointless at best.

Seconding this, and also noting that three scum is a pretty small number. Definitely gave me some nerves over the whole situation at first. Three ITP do balance this out some granted.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 14, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »
Given that I don't think I would've survived LYLO had the case on Tom not been as 'obvious', Excal, it probably would've made a difference.  >_>

Anyway, town only really had three safe lynches and one of them got wasted on Tom for no repercussions to scum. I considered that pretty key and said as much, as always, ymmv.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 14, 2008, 09:02:18 AM »
You mean Rat, Corwin?  Hmm, I'd say I had word of mod he wasn't scum, but that Role PM of mine is more vague about other roles sucking more than I recall it being.  But yeah...  mocking Town with your awesome role is a good way to help your team lose.

Corwin

• My Natsuki....
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 14, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »
I kinda meant that if Tom didn't help me my attempt to get someone lynched would've gotten a lot more raised eyebrows right from the start.

Also, Illinois Nazi. I laughed. This just had to be said.

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 14, 2008, 10:12:02 AM »
Yeah.  I was planning to fake claim ultimate vig.  I could kill anyone through, any protection, any time, and I could target as many times as I want.  Day or night, Doc or BP, it was all meaningless before me.  The only downside?  Each and every one of my kills would backfire and target me.

Seemed a fitting fake claim for the Role Name that wouldn't actually change what I could do.  Though...  apparently there were two roles put in play for the specific reason of preventing having any fun with the role, and thereby cementing the Mod's views that I am not welcome in role heavy games.