Register

Author Topic: Farmel vs. the DL  (Read 5044 times)

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
Re: Farmel vs. the DL
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 06:41:13 AM »
Is there any way to tell? Honestly, I took it as a question of distance. A move that pushes an enemy one square like Dash? No. A move like kick, or FO plastic explosives, that push an enemy back a whole attack's worth of AP (kick seems to move you back about 10-12 steps, if you use it right)? Yes.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 07:12:41 AM »
Just noting that most ARPG characters can simply push enemies around in battle without actually attacking them. This isn't usually recommended in-game because the enemy will attack back, but if Farmel only counters, then the majority of the SO and Tales crew can beat her. Maybe VP2 characters as well. I'm pretty sure most of them get magic/physical damage.

-Djinn

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 07:26:34 AM »
That reminds me, does her Finest Arts counter hits only adjacent panels? If it only hits adjacent panels, pushing her out with damage can still get away unharmed.

I think hitting her from Blast from long distance would create a counter.  If not, it would kind of make Barrier Stance completely pointless...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
Blah ... I'm confused! It's been a long time since I've played this game. With Farmel does she take the damage then counter or evade + counter? With Peppita in S03 with her counters she evades attacks with her invincibility frames and can deal damage to the enemy whilst spinning backwards. She can counter Fayt's Air Raid (at the post game cave temple) though it takes timing and avoid being launched. If Farmel works like that I don't see her getting launched or knocked away/about ...

*psyducks*

Edit - On the other hand if the move just does 0 damage and then she counters I'd have to see if it's possible for S03 characters to still stunlock/juggle/knockaround with those type of skills if the enemy is taking zero damage from them. Off the bat I'm thinking no but then I vaguely remember people saying Albel's Aura Wall still juggled even when the enemy was absorbing the damage. Hmmm.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:08:53 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 06:28:06 PM »
Blah ... I'm confused! It's been a long time since I've played this game. With Farmel does she take the damage then counter or evade + counter? With Peppita in S03 with her counters she evades attacks with her invincibility frames and can deal damage to the enemy whilst spinning backwards. She can counter Fayt's Air Raid (at the post game cave temple) though it takes timing and avoid being launched. If Farmel works like that I don't see her getting launched or knocked away/about ...

*psyducks*

Edit - On the other hand if the move just does 0 damage and then she counters I'd have to see if it's possible for S03 characters to still stunlock/juggle/knockaround with those type of skills if the enemy is taking zero damage from them. Off the bat I'm thinking no but then I vaguely remember people saying Albel's Aura Wall still juggled even when the enemy was absorbing the damage. Hmmm.

When someone attacks Farmel, they get a nice shiny "NO EFFECT" message, and then she blows their face off.

Needs to be checked whether or not secondary effects attached to damage actually go through, such as Poison Bite.  Anyone actually remember?

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2008, 11:07:52 PM »
Needs to be checked whether or not secondary effects attached to damage actually go through, such as Poison Bite.  Anyone actually remember?

I am fairly certain that they do. I can probably test it in due time. Also, I think there's range on her counters. The magic counter is probably ANY HEX target. But FA and the physical one might be restricted to melee range.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 12:30:41 AM »
Blink Shot is melee, Surprised Heart is long range. I don't recall if FA had a range limitation (because it's somewhat hard to test).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.