Author Topic: Week 5 Missing comments (There are a lot)  (Read 1009 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Week 5 Missing comments (There are a lot)
« on: June 22, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
Adell>Cinnamon
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 10:23:35 PM by Tonfa »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Week 5 Missing comments (There are a lot)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 11:28:52 PM »
Onix > Shuckle.

This fight comes to one very basic concept:

Bigger is better.  Now if you look up the size and weight of the two Pokemon in this fight here, the answer is plainly obvious!

...ok, flawed logic, but hey, it worked here!

Naesala > Griever

Naesala wasn't feeling very motivated.  I mean, he was facing some giant, stupid Lion.  That was kind of insulting to him.  Why should he waste his time doing that?

-----

"So wait, how did you get Naesala to actually care about this fight now, Reyson?" said Janaff watching from the crowd.

"Oh, just a simple white lie..." he responded.

"Simple? That was pretty damn blatant from what I heard." said Ulki.

"Can't hide anything from you, can I?" responded Resyon "In any event, all I did was tell Naesala that Griever's master Ultimecia said something...ah...bad about my sister, and...well..."

"...never knew you had it in you to do something like that, Reyson" the three bird tribe members watched as the Raven King continued to pummel the GF into nothingness.

Lilina > Habaruku

Facing Habaruku, Lilina felt more determined than ever!  Yes, NO ONE could stop the young daughter of Marquess Ostia as she struck down a tentacle monster in the name of all females who feared them everywhere!

Plus, she managed to stop yet ANOTHER religion from trying to take over the world at the same time.  Not part of the plan, but hey, two birds with one stone!

Atma > Alucard

Alucard, for all his variety, for all his powerful vampiric heritage, for all the cheese he can whip out...still can't really argue with good old Flares to the face.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:33:30 PM by Meeplelard »
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 02:04:33 AM »
Godo > Ansem
Ansem's two favourite words in the English vocabulary are "Darkness" and "Submit". I don't know what Godo's favourite words are, but all I know is that they are not comprised of Darkness and Submit. Thus Godo made a bet with Ansem; if Ansem can avoid saying his two favouriest words for more than 5 minutes, he would forfeit the match. Otherwise, Ansem loses.

Ansem got around 5 seconds into the battle before sprouting off, "SUBMIT INTO DARKNESS". Then he promptly kicked himself after realizing what he did.

Godo did try to help Ansem get over his obsession afterwards. Really. It's just that Ansem eventually got fed up, possessed Godo so now all Godo says is "Darkness" and "Submit". At random intervals to boot.

Elvis > Yoyo
Yoyo was confident going into this match. The professor might have superior knowledge and raw durability, but he certainly has no healing and far too many elemental weaknesses for her to exploit. And indeed the match was going as she thought it would. But there was just one slight miscalculation.

See for someone like the professor who boxes, a come-from-behind victory is too well known. And in the case for Elvis, he packs a nice little trump that increases as he takes more damage.

"Get ready for this! ONE-TWO-VARIANT ATTACK"

And with that, splat goes the bimbo princess. If it looks too easy to be true, it probably is. Murphy was an asshole.

Akihiko > Kite
This looks like a classic case of jocks vs. nerds, but it really isn't the case. See if you think about it, Akihiko fights with a persona. Kite is like an online persona of the school kid who plays with him. Notice the similarities? Both fight using a varying "mask" in the heat of battle!

Now the differences? Akihiko summons his persona with an evoker. A gun like object fired to the head. Fast, effecient, confident.

Kite meanwhile has to log on and deal with his Internet service provider and if that fails, he gets to deal with Rogers customer service. Which from experience is about as fast as watching a racing snail and a tortoise.

Forget the battle. Kite never even makes it to the arena due to Akihiko playing it smart, and causing a few thunder storms in the local area to disrupt electricity. He wins by default. Meanwhile Kite is still at home dealing with the awesome powers of Rogers.

Seifer > Igglanova
Igglanova had it coming. The strategy of producing continuous clones is a great idea for overwhelming any opponent, especially one as weak as Seifer. It just never thought his minions could turn on him...

"Listen up yo yo yo," Seifer continues to rap, "I'm the biggest badest mutha in tha neighbahood"

And all of Iggy's clones start joining into a continous round with Seifer rap. Igglanova curses itself as it produces more clones that only start following Seifer's lyrics and eventually drowns itself in tears of emo. Now Seifer has a true posse: 340 Igglanova clones who all follow his rhymes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:24:15 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:38:10 AM »
Faced with a battle with a mighty dragon, Salade resolved to train harder than ever before! He went out, waded into groups of monsters, and, with his bare hands, tore them apart.

After one particularly grueling round, Salade looked at the corpses of his worthy opponents and saw... Prier? Culotte? Alouette? All mangled practically beyond recognition?

No one ever did tell Salade about Firkraag's plot illusion powers. None the wiser, Salade stormed back to his office, sulked, pondered what the hell just happened, and never showed up to fight.

SageAcrin

• WATCH OUT! THAT'S HYDRO PUMP!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...Is it smiling...?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 04:17:58 PM »
Atma>Alucard:

A massive hulking demon.

Towering far above Alucard's head, his massive, hulking, armored body stood ready to combat this puny foe.

Alucard had faced similar, though.

---

"Okay, damnit, Alucard's trying to ram his shield into someone's ankles. Again. Why do we let that idiot fight?" Mint cried in disgust, as she watched Atma Weapon, a monstrosity larger than an elephant, tap-danced the figure he dwarfed.

"Because we get the failures at life." Yaridovich shrugged.

Ultimately, the inevitable tragedy of Alucard's strategy occured, as Atma Weapon tripped and fell on him.

Sure, he died from the shield, but not before breaking Alucard's spine in twelve places and knocking him unconcious, which ultimately was enough for a win for Atma.

Galammoth, upon hearing the news, cheered, chugged a beer, and passed one to a similarly elated Dracula.

Romeo>Ben:

Not everything has to be violent, you know.

Benjamin is not the most motivated hero on the planet. Having adventured because he had nothing better to do, he's not a hugely violent fellow.

Guildenstern, having the power he sought, doesn't actually care for much more.

And so, after an amiable conversation, the two parted ways.

Romeo went on to the next match.

Benjamin found out where Guildenstern got that incredibly metal sword, and is now wandering around the Iron Maiden with a very disgusted Ashley, who he used as a key to get in.

I'd say everyone wins, but this isn't quite that.

Everyone's just lazy.

Ash>Katsuya:

Ash won by default.

Why?

Well, Katsuya had the unfortunate curse of being curious.

You see, he was wondering if there were any legal issues involved in killing a Phantom.

Obviously, his match was going to be far harder if he couldn't use lethal force. And he wasn't sure if they were endangered or something; Certainly, this league has a lot of strange rules already.

Twenty three hours later, Katsuya was found passed out, screaming in his sleep about ravens ripping out his eyes, on top of a stack of Duelling League legal tomes.

He claimed to have no memory of the last three days, and has decided to just go with his own world's laws from here on out.

The unfortunate side-effect of having a legal code written by Godlikes-90% of which are villians-is that the local legal code is more mentally damaging than the Necronomicon and all it's contents put together. Sometimes, ignorance is sanity.

Guard Daos>La Ilim

I could say that incredible powers here, the clashing of an ancient and mighty wizard and the very embodiment of most of the evils in the world, are here.

I could say this is a battle worthy of song and poem, a true and incredible clash that would leave nothing and no one standing in it's wake.

I could blatently lie and say things that <i>aren't</i> that Guard Daos confused La Ilim, that La Ilim repeatedly puked on Guard Daos while Guard Daos, shrieking like a fourteen year-old teeny-bopper, tried to punch him to death to make the globs of green goo stop, and finally, mercifully, beat him senseless.

But I won't.

Bard>Ines:

Well.

There've been many strange things in the duelling league.

But as the crowd watched in silence as a sparking mech, incapable of attack, very slowly was chipped down to destruction by the power of musical notes which often pelted it's legs ineffectually, one simple question was on everyone's minds.

"Why are we putting up with this?"

The answer was, of course, that the judges were asleep.

And so, fire rained from the heavens, as the crowd declared Bard the winner by default. Violently.

It was a good day for everyone else, at least.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:44:12 PM by SageAcrin »
<RichardHawk> Waddle Dee looks broken.
<TranceHime> Waddle Dee does seem broken.

"Forget other people's feelings, this is fun and life is but a game and we nought but players in it.  CHECKMATE!  King me and that is Uno." - Grefter

Dunefar

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Wuffy-wuff-wuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 05:08:34 PM »
Tink>Garland(How?!?!?!?!)

Sure, Garland's a typical knight. He's big and bad and will KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN. He should smash in a little frog-thing like Tink, eh? Eh? Oh wait.

SPIKY BAT TO THE FACE. Helmet or not, that's ending that right there.
* Infinite_Ko_Loop is now known as Ko-CidisnotaPrincess
<Nephrite> That is depressing.
<CmdrKing> I know.  Cid would makea  great princess.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »
Persephone > Elyon

The arena was in messy shambles, an impressive collection of debris and ashes. The shattered arms of a Grungust could be faintly recognized among the ruins, and, above them, a merrily oblivious platinum devil stood, humming.

"You really make it too easy to trace these kinds of disasters back to you, Excellen."

As the somber voice echoed, Kyosuke approached the young blonde, who seemed none the wiser upon his appearance. Excellen leaned against her companion's shoulder and sighed happily, looking at the sky. "It's not my fault that the other judges in Not Ranked are as eager to cause random havoc as I am, Kyo! That and the fight really begged for it. I mean, look at what'sherface. When I mentioned the idea to Bloodbane and Yaridovich, they really liked it!"

"... I guess. Although who would have known that Persephone could do an impersonation of Rita Repulsa that well? I guess she -is- having fun with that weird monster she summoned. Ragu O Ragula, is the name?"

"Yup. Elyon wasn't too terribly impressive with the Grungust, though. You'd think a godlike being from some underground place would do better than breakdancing midway through a Darkness Slash", Excellen chimed wistfully.

Kyosuke sighed and scratched his head. "Not everybody is an ace pilot. Now that Ragula and Elyon managed to destroy the entire arena and Persephone is heading towards the Fire Emblem Not Ranked Headquarters, this hardly matters. Do you think we should intervene?"

Excellen grinned maliciously at that. "Nah. Let Rita Gazongas have her fun. It's not like we'll be the ones to pay for the property damage anyway."
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Pyro

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:01:31 AM »
There are two things Adell dislikes. Women, and demons.

Cinnamon's membership in the first group is questionable, and she is certainly not a demon (Argualy. Anyone with a little sister can likely attest to the fact that little girls are a variant of a demon). So logically Adell shouldn't get angry with her and pulverize her into the dirt with Vulcan Blaze. Right?

But ask yourself one question. Do you think Adell can tell the difference?

Didn't think so. And as it turns out, char-broiled reploid looks remarkably similar to char-broiled demon.