Author Topic: Return of the Twink League - Round 6!  (Read 1543 times)

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
Return of the Twink League - Round 6!
« on: July 19, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »
And now, all of the original contestants save one have fought and lost, and only six remain in the fight.  Can anyone manage to stop Indy, or will he show them all to his temple of doom?

Round 6:

#1) Unlimited Indalecio vs. Yuna

What's this?!  Having bested all of his foes, and being the only competitor left isn't enough?  There's still those willing to challenge the mighty Indalecio even after he's proven his superiority?  Well, no matter, there's nothing that can defeat a divine sage after all.  And his collection of power should be more than enough to wipe this pesky little waif out of his sight for good.  Of course, Yuna won't be his true challenge, but instead the conduit for the small army of god-beasts that pack a fair punch of their own.  Can Indalecio manage to defeat the Spiran Gauntlet?  Or will he be brought down and humbled like all the rest?

#2) Ramza vs. Belial

Ramza has, over his career here in the Twink League, come across some odd challenges.  And frankly, most of the problems Belial poses aren't all that much of an issue.  Extreme speed?  Use Reactions or Ninjas or just Scream cheese.  Need Multi-Target attacks to hit her?  What flavour do you want?  Earth, Water, Fire, Non-Elemental, Physical, Magical, he's got it all.  Hell, dropping tanks on him?  There's three easy ways to deal with it from damage nulling to dodging, to just plain catching them.  Of course, lethal status that he has no way of blocking in game that's 100% effective?  That's a new one.  Especially given the issues he'll have trying to go first without Auto-Haste in order to actually even try to avoid it, and then trying to kill Belial without giving her a chance to hit him with 4-D pocket after the fact.  Of course, he managed to beat Mog, so there's always a chance.  And if there is a way, then Ramza has the will to find it.

#3) Sephiroth vs. Barret

What's this?  Everyone's favourite trash talking, rebel leading, Mr. T wannabe is facing off against the original One-Winged Angel himself?  Of course, much like in game, this battle is going to be ludicrously one sided.  After all, Sephiroth simply needs to fly away in order to avoid all melee attacks and the physical bound Barret...  still has a gun, right.  But Sephiroth's powerful status assault will shut down Barret in one simple assault!  If it weren't for that blasted Ribbon...  Well there's still Shadow Fla...  wait, no, twin HP+ materia.  Well, maybe he can just Supernova for the gravity and hope to win the slugfest against the 12 Counter-Attack Materia toting Barret?  I mean, he just needs two turns and to actually hit through the Mystile, and then he's set!

Quick Voting Form

Round 6:

#1) Unlimited Indalecio vs. Yuna
#2) Ramza vs. Belial
#3) Sephiroth vs. Barret

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Return of the Twink League - Round 6!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:10:35 PM »
Yuna beats Indy. As long as he took me personally, his HP isn't actually great, so Yuna should wreck him.

Belial/Ramza... hmm, Aegis Shield Abandon arguably stops 4D. Let's assume that. Of course now Belial just drops two tanks on Ramza and kills him? No MP Switch, though... Defend Up. That may buy him a turn. Not sure what he can do with that turn, however. Kneejerk is this will end up Belial's anyway, especially since I may turn around and make that MEvade call the other way, but I'll think about it.

Barret has a Ribbon? Probably wins then.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »

#1) Unlimited Indalecio vs. Yuna- Nothing Yuna has survives Earthquake/Explode. Damned good chance Indy goes first anyway.
#2) Ramza vs. Belial- Ramza can't get around Distortion unless he has Math Skill.
#3) Sephiroth vs. Barret
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:40:44 PM »
#1) Unlimited Indalecio vs. Yuna - Massive respect for Unlimited Indy.
#2) Ramza vs. Belial - Again, no 4D Pocket for me.
#3) Sephiroth vs. Barret
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 07:46:27 PM by Nephrite »

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:43:16 PM »

#1) Unlimited Indalecio vs. Yuna- Nothing Yuna has survives Earthquake/Explode. Damned good chance Indy goes first anyway.

Not with a spell. I largely stunlocked Indy to death with Rena/Celine, he still has spellcasting times which you can take advantage of and make him not a speed god.

Divine Comedy might kill though? I really don't recall at all, there.

Maybe.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 05:51:25 PM »
He can move and cast at the same time. The spells you use to 'lock' Indy down with are Ray/starlight, the lowest level spells in the game-these  should outrace anything but basic physicals. More to the point you have to stagger them out so he literally has no time to do anything. Locking him down is more or less impossible without using a few specific moves (Barrier+@on one+Air Slash from Dias). While it's effective in game it's not something I would seriously consider for the DL.

No clue if Divine Comedy or his physical be parried, both should be horrible death if they hit. I know Divine Wave can be, it's just accurate.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 05:56:22 PM »
I don't really see the relevance of moving and casting at the same time for anything but evade maybe. There's still a casting time. I locked him down with high-end spells (Southern Cross and Star Flare? Maybe the former was Lunar Light), since I lacked your encyclopedic knowledge of the game and didn't realise Ray got that fast at high levels.

His physical certainly isn't OHKO, though yeah, I assume DC is. Needs to hit, and it needs to be faster.

Maybe.

Laggy

• ReDux'd
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Generations of suffering & all I got was a stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 06:35:58 PM »
DC is very highly subject to evade (you can parry it all the time in-game) and although I'm pretty sure U. Indy doesn't have the monstrous accuracy issues that regular Indy has (his DW hit a hell of a lot more, recalling from memory), Yuna's evasion is probably more than good enough to make it whiff first turn.

EDIT: Physical is too, has similar accuracy issues, but is only like... 4000-5000ish? If that? It's sad for U. Indy.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 06:38:42 PM by Laggy »
<Eph> When Laggy was there to fuel my desire to open crates, my life was happy.  Now I'm stuck playing a shitty moba and playing Anime RPGs.

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 08:50:21 AM »
One more day before this round is closed!

If you want to vote, then vote now!

Excal

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 08:55:58 AM »
And voting is closed.

Final results are...

Unlimited Indy 2 - 3 Yuna

Belial 3 - 1 Ramza

Sephiroth 1 - 4 Barret

The next round should be posted tomorrow.