Author Topic: Season 44, Week 5 - It's a Pokémon merry-go-round! Margulis has dibs on Suicune.  (Read 4692 times)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1)

Heavy

Eirika (FE8) vs. Suicune (PKMN)

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Albert Serdio (LoD)

Light

Kent (FE7) vs. Jean (BoF2)

[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1) - Uh, Jade more or less OHKOs. And Kefka more or less 4HKOs (O_o). Good night and good luck.

Eirika (FE8) vs. Suicune (PKMN) - Eirika two-turns Suicune even without hitting a weakness. This is ugly.

Light

Kent (FE7) vs. Jean (BoF2) - Jean/Kent fanfic Death.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1) - No surprises here.

Margulis (XSs) vs. Albert Serdio (LoD) - Checking the stat topic, Albert apparently has game-worst magic resistance.  He's also considerably below average speed (80% average?), while Margulis is considerably above (125-130% average, depending on how many swimsuits you hold against him).  Gaspless means clones is not really a winning strategy, but with Margulis 3-2ing Albert and not being anywhere near 3HKOed, Margulis easily builds up to his boost turn and wins, if he hasn't already.

Team match - Zahhak's fire damage is actually moderately damaging if you don't resist fire and have a low-resistance character like Georg in your party.  The villains are probably relying on that and lucky sleeps from Alenia, here?  Weirdly enough, I think Malak is what saves them.  Seifer can't do damage in general, Garland will have an even more impossible time hitting him through a mantle, and his low Faith means that Zahhak can't really hurt him either.  If Malak is still standing at the end, he can heal himself back up with the Earth Clothes trick, and then slowly grind out Augst.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1) - Kefka. Kefka's like twice as fast as the party, Jade is slower than about half of the party, and I generally accept Havok Wing as smashing things really well. Yeah, I took Jade's obscene HP and high defense into account, but I just don't see BoltX OHKOing here, which is what it'd need to do for me to see him winning.

Heavy

Eirika (FE8) vs. Suicune (PKMN) - Eirika. Pocket Monsters. Although I'd love to see a Pokemon win a championship.

Light

Kent (FE7) vs. Jean (BoF2) - Jean. How'd someone with ID get in Light anyway? I'm pretty sure Evil Gaia's like the only person in Light who can resist that.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1) - Blargh my name is BoltX and I maul stuff horribly

Heavy

Eirika (FE8) vs. Suicune (PKMN) - Today is a sad day for me.

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Albert Serdio (LoD) - Do I really know? Not really. Just kidding. Margulis doesn't get killed by Albert's schitck totally, and deals back just as much, and more. As noted, I can attest to Albert's kinda sub-par magic resistance and he's /slow/. Yeah, I think Margulis takes the cake here after getting the Boost.

Light

19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1) - Jade wins with BoltX + Poke, don't think Kefka can kill in 3 hits.

Heavy

Eirika (FE8) vs. Suicune (PKMN)- Rape

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Albert Serdio (LoD) - Sure?

Light

Kent (FE7) vs. Jean (BoF2) - Cait Sith clause.

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
  • Champion of the charm division (thanks Hatbot)
    • View Profile
Kent (FE7) vs. Jean (BoF2) - Jean. How'd someone with ID get in Light anyway? I'm pretty sure Evil Gaia's like the only person in Light who can resist that.

Hey, not the first time an IDer was in Light. Marivel Armitage had ID (Guillotine). Some duellers with ID can be so slow that somebody can speedily stop them before reaching for it. Overall, ID interps rely on speed more than on resistance, IMO.

Heavy:
Eirika vs Suicune: Pokemon. Gee, what did the "mon" mean?

Middle:
Margulis vs Albert Serdio: I have NO respect for Albert's magic defense.

RadLink5

• Guest47103
  • Denizen
  • SOOOO zetta slow!
    • View Profile
Come to think of it, how is a boss' PCHP usually calculated? I never understood how people decide if a boss is like 2xPCHP or 6xPCHP.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
It's based on how long it would take to kill them if they never forced you to do stuff like heal, revive, etc.

Some details like whether it's based on party turns or individual character turns, and how much HP a turn is worth, vary from person to person
« Last Edit: July 28, 2008, 01:47:24 AM by Monkeyfinger »

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Hahaha, I find it funny that Albert's in the finals, since he was only nominated by one person, not to mention, he probably shouldn't have been nominated anyways, since the guy who did nominate him nommed 4 LoD people.

REGARDLESS.

Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Hahaha, I find it funny that Albert's in the finals, since he was only nominated by one person, not to mention, he probably shouldn't have been nominated anyways, since the guy who did nominate him nommed 4 LoD people.

REGARDLESS.

Quote from: (Blank)'s Season 44 Voting Pool
Godlike: Fujin(FF8), Kurando Inugami(SH2), Myria(BoFs), Kefka(FF6)
Heavy: Fayt Leingod(SO3), Cliff Fittir(SO3), Rose(LoD), Ayla(CT)
Middle: Peppita Rosetti(SO3), Albert Serdio(LoD), Haschel(LoD), Levi(S5)
Light: Kongol(LoD), Cius(S5), Noel Chandler(SO2), Melody Vilente(WA3)

Looks like (blank) was the only Albert nommer. In that case, if Albert wins, and he likely isn't, there's going to be a bit of confusion.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Oops ... how did I mess up on that one and how did that get by >.>

Also I'm a girl ;__;
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Most places I've been to have had accidents like this, so it's not unusual to me. However, if Albert wins the championship, it likely wouldn't be fair to the people he beat. It's already bad in terms of what happened to Meredy, Huxley, and Aika.

If it becomes an issue (and it probably won't), the best possibilities are to either look the other way, or when noms night comes around, bend the rules to allow one of the three (four, if Margulis loses) in a second time, determined by Hatbot.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Honestly, it's hardly a big deal. It was a minor mistake, and he won matches based on the fair on site voting (If you thought there was cheating involved there, different story)! Certainly letting someone right back in after they just lost is much worse because it's a purposeful breaking of the rules. There's only even a 25% chance that Albert would have been the nom that was changed anyways.
...into the nightfall.

Orson

• Hatbot Avatar Decider
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Honestly, it's hardly a big deal. It was a minor mistake, and he won matches based on the fair on site voting (If you thought there was cheating involved there, different story)! Certainly letting someone right back in after they just lost is much worse because it's a purposeful breaking of the rules. There's only even a 25% chance that Albert would have been the nom that was changed anyways.

Honesty myself, I would have just let it go. We aren't perfect. Heck, a few seasons back, when Juan champed, Juan had to be added by dice roll since we forgot the last Middle nom. In another noms night, the dice roller added Galcian twice for matches, and the first roll pitted Galcian (as a seed) against Galcian as a normal dueller. Albert winning is OK with me...but I still think he stole from Meredy.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Well, yes, Meredy of the massive Earth magic damage should have beaten him into a pulp. I'm just happy she didn't completely fail and at least won a match.

And Jean being in Light was because I think way back in antiquity, people for some reason thought Jean's ID hit rate was like 20% or something. After he (hopefully upgrades), there should only be one character with turn 1 ID in Light that I can remember (Granted, Porom could practically also count too).
...into the nightfall.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
We're supposed to catch that sort of mistake and notify the person who made it. We all fucked up, not just CT, so we have to live with the consequences.

Not that Meredy, Huxley and Aika are champ-caliber middles themselves. If Albert didn't kick their ass someone else would have - Margulis himself at worst, since hell, he could probably take Aika and Meredy 2-on-1 and while I don't know Huxley he isn't exactly made out to be a powerhouse.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:57:18 AM by Monkeyfinger »

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
We as staff members failed at our basic administration.  We are not infallible it seems.  This should not be held against the duellist and I hardly think we need a lynch mob or anything.

Staff kind of had other things on their minds as well with most of them attending DLCon, so that is the how and why.  Whatever, lets get over it.

Godlike

Kefka Palazzo (FF6) vs. Jade (BoF1) - Jade.

Heavy

Eirika (FE8) vs. Suicune (PKMN) - AHHHHHHH NOT WEAKNESS ARGUMENTS AGAIN

Middle

Margulis (XSs) vs. Albert Serdio (LoD) - Margulis, Albert doesn't have game worst, just second worst after Kongol I think it was >_>  This doesn't help much, but anyway, I think Margulis does do enough to overcome UBER LOD DEFEND

Light

Kent (FE7) vs. Jean (BoF2) - Jean and for the record, off hand I would guesstimate that his being a light was originally a carry over from the RPGP.  The fact that he is still in light after having been in previously says something anyhow.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Thanks guys.

Middle

I don't have much Margulis respect (though it's more like I don't like him!) ... but I have even less respect for Albert's magic defence and speed.
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
What Gref said down to the votes.  Both Elfboy and myself were extremely busy this summer, so shit does happen in situations like that.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
Also seconding Grefter/Super/etc.

Jade, Eirika, Margulis, Jean. Yay not especially close. Eirika doesn't need monster weakness, Jade/Margulis are easy outslugging cases, Jean has Death against bad Res.

EDIT: Accursed Ciato account.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
All of this crap about it being bad to the characters he beat is silly-faced. Maybe they could, you know, suck less next time?

Godlike

Heavy

Middle

Light

When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!