Author Topic: List topic reborn! Round 1, Week 1.  (Read 5392 times)

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: List topic reborn! Round 1, Week 1.
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:31 PM »
11. Time Mage (how is this Godlike at all? I used one in FF5 once and it was pretty bad)

Elfboy explains this in an earlier post in this topic actually. I had the same "uhhh, time mage does what again?" confusion.

12. Lezard (VP1 Lezard is not heavy! it says VP's though so I assume its okay to use his weaker form)

Yeah, his VP1 boss form is perfectly legal, if you haven't played VP2. If you have, and don't allow his boss form there, he prolly wants his PC form. Which is still Not Heavy and thus fails at this feild anyway.

<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 02:01:50 AM »
Godlike:

1. Myria (BoFs) - Stats overwhelming crush everything.
2. Lady (SH3) - Damage overwhelming of both varieties with solid enough stats+mocking puny buffers crush mostly everything.
3. Belial (WA4) - Blitzes, spoils ST and mocks PCs? Yeah, this is a good combo, particularly off the overkill, overkill speed. Really abusive.
4. Tir McDohl (Suikos) - More excellent blitzing and PC-killing, with incredible magical walling due to MDef and elemental resistances. Perfect status faster than him is the only thing Tir truly does fear.
5. Rika (PS4) - Tir trading damage and magical spoiling for physical spoiling and attrition. Losing trade, but not by much.
6. Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1) - Abusive as hell once she gets a turn and spoils a fair amount of mages. The stats hurt... but certainly could hurt a lot more.
7. Dark Force (PSs) - Strong, very strong slugger. The durability and damage work.
8. Songi (LoL1) - Faster than DF, but less damaging and less durable by enough to make him worse.
9. Time Mage (FF5) - He's... like Ceci in that he's abusive once he gets a turn, only more spoilable and less versatile. Damage is brutal overkill, but he hasn't got much besides that.
10. Celes Chere (FF6) - She... doesn't have the punch for bigger attrition matches. Oddly effective at them when she needs to, but hardly invincible. The spoiling and status help, though.
11. Malik (WA3) - Spoils well, fails hardcore when not spoiling.
12. Ness (EB) - Good attrition on-paper, but too vulnerable to status and blitzes in practice. 
13. Berle (SO2) - Invincibility is nice. Damage and raw HP not so much.
14. Brahms (VPs) - Uh. I'm sorry. Brahms is a solid bruiser, but the magic durability is just too horrible. Not a great Godlike.
15. Gades (Lufias) - Is a Middle.

Heavy:

1. Geshp (SF2) - No brainer. Godlike off the speed/offense on both ends alone, and can even spoil
a bit with his elemental resistances.
2. Geno (SMRPG) - Even taking him as average speed after his first turn... first-turn 100% ID/Geno Boost is horrendously badass off his nearly 1.5x average speed first turn. He's too often golden once his buff is in place, and the blistering speed ID solves one too many threats.
3. Billy Lee Black (XG) - The combo of great status immunities, great Haste and great healing makes him incredibly dangerous. Having okay damage and AP building for the case of a needed long-term OHKO doesn't hurt, either.
4. Angelo (DQ8) - Fast, plentiful healing and magical spoiling, and one of the widest selection of statuses available. If they were accurate, he probably would be able to swing with the top three.
5. Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia) - Hard to peg. Honestly, she'd be higher if her status didn't have all those strings attached (the only one practical for her turn one is Silence), and the subpar speed+poor magical durability combo is an honest-to-god threat, but the spoiling synergy+the draining game certainly get her far.
6. Artea (Lufia 2) - Would be about three positions higher if his MDef was actually as useful as I used to think it was. Losing the 2HKO hurts, too. It's funny, the IP options don't make up for those two losses in the end.
7. Liete (G1) - She honestly needs more punch past Enclose, and more speed wouldn't hurt.
8. Kika (S4) - Looking at Kika vs. Claude... she has better speed, is harder to spoil and can evade as well. Doesn't have some equip options, and lacks the healing, but she's overall more effective in her simplicity. Oddly elegant.
9. Nina (BoF1) - I actually respect her a bit more than Elfboy. >_>
10. Claude Kenni (SO2) - Yeah, looks right.
11. Richard (S5) - Coinflip between him and Claude for me. Easy to get past his spoiling, and OHKO hype on Swallow for me is -no-. But effective at what he does.
12. Mazus (S2) - Overkill! Off easily walled elements and Rule of Tim-ish stats.
13. Anastasia Valeria (WA2) - My respect for her certainly isn't high due to Impulse harshness. Just sorta lacks the punch.
14. Lezard Valeth (VPs) - Is a notably worse Middle than Gades.

Middle:

1. Eileen (S1) - Pretty much Heavy. Her weaknesses (high MDef, non-MDef-hitting status and healers) usually have to be piled together for her to really struggle, and she crushes things with invinco cheese+2HKO damage otherwise.
2. Lyon (FE8) - Terrible HP and doubled by everything, yet, he just OHKOs too damned often on counters. Not to mention the defense saves him from eating one-turnings just as commonly.
3. Red Wizard (FF3) - EDIT: I forgot the retarded evade whoring. So, um, yeah. Anti-physical status whore from hell. Still can't slugfest for his life if need be, but with physical spoiling and that much status, he often doesn't have to.
4. Magdalen Harts (ACF) - ITD high 2HKO damage off solid stats. You can't ask for much more in a straight physical slugger.
5. Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) - I pretty much agree with Monkey's assessment. Just... I think Yulie's magical spoiling makes up for the flaws, and you're in such deep doo-doo if you can't OHKO Yulie in any way.
6. Beowulf Kadmus (FFT) - Status overwhelming+FFT equipment cheese. Spoils well.
7. Leehalt Alceste (WA3) - Odd little bastard, but owning 3HKOers and slow 2HKOers works.
8. Kraken (FF1) - Is Kraken that solid? I don't think it even 2HKOs. But then, the durability works.
9. Peppita Rosetti (SO3) - Haphazard, but okay. She'd really be better if CP woes didn't bite her options in the ass.
10. Bart Fatima (XG) - Evade spoiler.
11. Vivi (FF9) - Sucks.
12. Duran (SD3) - I... think he's actually worse than Vivi, and shouldn't be in List any more than him. The healing is less effective, the damage is far worse, his status immunities don't make up for the elemental coasting...

Light:

1. Camus (S2) - Compared to Estella, he loses... speed. Magical durability isn't much different, he actually has a physical that can do some damage in Light, his physical durability is -much- better. This makes him far less easily walled in Light, and he's not in danger of ever being outslugged by someone with low 3HKO physical damage. All that considered, um, yeah.
*Large drop.*
2. Estella (S3) - Way too easily walled. Healers? Kill her. Fire resistance? Kills her. 3HKO physicals faster than her? Kill her. MDef? Kills her. Physical fighters she fails to 2HKO? Often kill her. She feels inferior by a ways to the likes of Camus in every way that matters. EDIT: on the other hand, an above average speed 2HKO is still an above average speed 2HKO.
3. Logg (S5) - S5 equipment cheese and a Water Rune are good. His magic score and speed are -not-.
4. Cai (Brig) - Eh. In the end, the worse 2HKO, worse speed and likely worse durability put him behind Estella. His other options generally don't matter. And he could drop a good four or five positions if he doesn't 2HKO with Exablast.
5. Tia (Lufia 2) - I... guess? Frail as hell, but just stalls so much and is so annoying when she isn't OHKOed. Which... happens less often than you'd think in Light.
6. Spar (BoF2) - Comparing him and Zhuzhen... Zhuzhen wins damage, statusblockers and what else? Eh.
7. Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) - Eugh.
8. Oulan (S2) - Durable, gets a 3HKO that has some hax working for it, but slow. Dunno here.
9. Mel (S3) - Some evade, may 3HKO with the puppet... but frail.
10. Aguro (Lufia 1) - Slow 3HKOer, much like Oulan. Less overall durability tips this over against him.
11. Chansey (PKMN) - Exists to spoil mages. The damage and physical durability are just too epic, though.
12. Gares (OB) - Frail 3HKOer.
13. Cid (FF4) - Slow 4HKOer.
14. Gogo (FF6) - Frail, but fast 4HKOer. Sucks.
15. Katarina (S4) - However, even the above is better than Katarina. She's a fucking waste of two runes with the horrible speed/durability combo. Gets 2HKOed by almost every physical under the sun, and gets outlasted by healers something fierce. Fail.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:48:34 PM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 04:30:08 PM »
Will organize lists later.  Just putting them up now.

Godlike:

1) Berle (SO2) - Invincibility cheese.  Wishes he had magic, though.  Think it's still enough to keep him on top.
2) Lady (SH3) - Things explode.
3) Jon Irencius (BG2) - That Contingency to start the fight off with is pretty nasty.  Otherwise is great.
4) Myria (BoFs) - Yeah...Tyr 1 has fallen a lot to me, probably.  Tyr 3 is great, but...not as good as the others I think?  Definitely has her weaknesses.
5) Songi (LoL1) - Slowness is his only weakness here.
6) Dark Force (PSs) - Lots of options, all are pretty good.
7) Brahms (VPs) - Eh...not sure if he's here or a bit lower, but he's still good.
8) Malik (WA3) - Worse Brahms.
9) Gades (Lufias) - Mauls PCs, ok against bosses. 
10) Belial (WA4) - Eh...I don't know.  She's like a poor-man's Ghaleon.  Still solid, but definitely beatable.
11) Cecilia (WA1) - Overal great, but up against good bosses here...just generally not as good as a strong boss.
12) Rika (PS4) - Subsequently badass PC with Cecilia.
13) Ness (EB) - Yay longevity.
14) Tir McDohl (Suikos) - Status and damage.
15) Celes Chere (FF6) - Eh...
16) Time Mage (FF5) - Reset and nuke with status, I guess?

Heavy:

1) Lezard Valeth (VPs) - Top tier Godlike in Heavy...yeah, that will go over well.  Could hit top 3 in this Godlike field easily.
2) Geshp (SF2) - Double-acting beats out Velna.  Still could be Godlike!
3) Velna (LoL2) - Also Godlike!  A little worse than Geshp, since she has to summon Vestra to be really evil, but still overall excellent.
4) Angelo (DQ8) - Overall excellent.  Just can adapt better than the rest here.
5) Liete (G1) - Enclose with all those spells and other fun stuff is too good, I think.
6) Artea (Lufia 2) - Lufia 2 healing with good stats overall.  Just generally great.  Also has IP limits as needed.
7) Claude Kenni (SO2) - Still good, just...purely evadable physical, and I don't greatly respect Mirror Slice.  Has healing and other good stuff, though.
8) Geno (SMRPG) - Fast ID and Boost are great, but...just feels weaker than the above.
9) Billy Lee Black (XG) - Guns!  Spells!  Otherwise not too spectacular, and generally is weaker than the other healers and fighters above him.  Still good.
10) Nina (BoF1) - Hates me defaulting everyone to turn-based, I guess.  Damage of NOTHING does not help matters.  Still, has everything else good, so...she probably could be higher.
11) Anastasia Valeria (WA2) - Tough field - she's actually decent, but wow, the competition is evil.
12) Kika (S4) - Fast, damage, other stuff. Just not as good as the rest here.
13) Mazus (S2) - Damage.
14) Richard (S5) - Damage?

Middle:

1) Lyon (FE8) - Blows things up.  Don't let him counter uncounterable stuff, but still...great durability and damage of a rarely resisted element.
2) Kraken (FF1) - Ink...helps her get here.  Saving grace from number 16.
3) Akihiko Sanada (P3) - That ice weakness is suck, and I do let people just take advantage of it.  However...That's his only bad point.  Otherwise excellent overall, and the -kundas help, especially with the healing and backup damage.
4) Yulie Ahtreide (WA4) - Healing with all the support is fantastic.
5) Duran (SD3) - No damage whatsoever until he builds up for it...but then it hurts.  Is actually pretty solid otherwise with healing.
6) Peppita Rosetti (SO3) - Status and excellent damage of all varieties.  Could be higher.
7) Karin Koenig (SH2) - Eh...the Middles are so close.  Think decent durability, regen, and status immunity make up for the weak damage.  Kind of average, but she's good to go in most circumstances against any foe.
8) Vivi (FF9) - I...think.  Has the healing, crappyish status, elemental resistances.  Seems pretty average.
9) Leehalt Alceste (WA3) - Mm...loses to healers, does ok against the rest, but his durability is pretty shit to me...but Rule of Vengeance.
10) Eileen (S1) - Clay Guardian and good damage of a rare element.  LOSES TO ToS Lloyd THOUGH!
11) Anastasia Romanov (SH2) - Can't choose a status outside of poison.  Otherwise ok.
12) Bart Fatima (XG) - Probably could be higher.  Evasion and build-up limit.
13) Magdalen Harts (ACF) - PUNISHES THE EVIL WITH DAMAGE.  But is not too special otherwise.
14) Red Wizard (FF3) - Eh...
15) Aika (SoA) - Poor Aika ;_;

Light:

1) Gogo (FF6) - Is Heavy.
2) Spar (BoF2) - Is...probably a Low Middle?  Eh.  Overall better than the rest here.  Likes I let broken skills work.
3) Soldier (DW3) - Good with the equipment.  Saves his ass.
4) Tia (Lufia 2) - Probably better than Soldier overall, but...eh...
5) Zhuzhen Liu (SH1) - Healing, weakish status, some ok damage.
6) Cai (Brig) - Sadly has resource and durability issues.
7) Cid (FF4) - Could put him higher.  Has damage and good durability.
8) Chansey (PKMN) - Cannot take physicals ever.
9) Camus (S2) - FIRE MAGIC
10) Aguro (Lufia 1) - Slash slash slash...
11) Katarina (S4) - Eh...
12) Estella (S3) - Eh...
13) Oulan (S2) - Don't care much.
14) Logg (S5)
15) Mel (S3) - Care even less.
16) Gares (OB) - Loses to Hrist.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 04:51:09 AM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 10:30:43 PM »
All kneejerks so whatever.  I suck at this.

Godlike:

1) Lady (SH3)
2) Belial (WA4)
3) Myria (BoFs)
4) Rika (PS4)
5) Time Mage (FF5)
6) Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1)
7) Tir McDohl (Suikos)
8) Brahms (VPs)
9) Celes Chere (FF6)
10) Gades (Lufias)
11) Songi (LoL1)
12) Malik (WA3)
13) Dark Force (PSs)
14) Berle (SO2)

Heavy:

1) Nina (BoF1)
2) Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia)
3) Geno (SMRPG)
4) Liete (G1)
5) Artea (Lufia 2)
6( Velna (LoL2)
7) Kika (S4)
8) Angelo (DQ8)
9) Billy Lee Black (XG)
10) Claude Kenni (SO2)
11) Anastasia Valeria (WA2)
12) Richard (S5)
13) Mazus (S2)
14) Saki Inugami (SH2)
15) Lezard Valeth (VPs)

Middle:

1) Eileen (S1)
2) Yulie Ahtreide (WA4)
3) Beowulf Kamdus (FFT)
4) Aika (SoA)
5) Bart Fatima (XG)
6) Peppita Rosetti (SO3)
7) Red Wizard (FF3)
8) Leehalt Alceste (WA3)
9) Magdalen Harts (ACF)
10) Vivi (FF9)
11) Anastasia Romanov (SH2)
12) Karin Koenig (SH2)
13) Akihiko Sanada (P3)
14) Lyon (FE8)
15) Kraken (FF1)

Light:

1) Gogo (FF6)
2) Tia (Lufia 2)
3) Chansey (PKMN)
4) Cid (FF4)
5) Mel (S3)
6) Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
7) Estella (S3)
8) Katarina (S4)
9) Soldier (DW3)
10) Spar (BoF2)
11) Camus (S2)
12) Logg (S5)
13) Gares (OB)
14) Aguro (Lufia 1)
15) Oulan (S2)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 04:36:09 AM »
I will try to update this on wednesday. In the meanwhile, edit your lists and make sure you have all four divisions done!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 02:08:07 PM »
No Snow, that would just be broken >_> As it is Frozen Daggers is only 3 CP and Faerie Friend 6 compared to Ice Daggers (4) and Mirror Slice (8) As such Mirror Slice can't be comboed into itself whilst Faerie Friend > Faerie Friend can. Power Dance > Faerie Friend is probably still more powerful though.

Being able to swing things like -

X - Power Dance
X - Healing Dance
O - Faerie Friend
O - Magical Dance

-or-

X - Panic Dance
X - Instanto Blast/Frozen Daggers/Magic Hook
O - Kaboom
O - Frozen Daggers

... would be *insane* <_<
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Pyro

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 11:38:25 PM »

Godlike:

1. Lady (SH3): That slugging is pretty insane. Has a very good anti-PC trick.
2. Myria (BoFs): That slugging is (sliiiiiightly less for want of damage) insane. Has a few good anti-PC tricks.
3. Belial (WA4): Insta-win vs. PCs and spoiling a healthy number of bosses works well.
4. Tir McDohl (Suikos): ID, damage, elemental resistances.
5. Rika (PS4): Perfect evade, buffs... generally can handle almost anything but big status/OHKO magic damage off of bosses or ID-immune PCs.
6. Cecilia Lyne Adelhyde (WA1): Lives to beat those slow slugger bosses. Also spoils lots and lots of things.
7. Gades (Lufias): Speedy, damaging, durable... lacks a real punch though and all physical.
8. Songi (LoL1): Underrated, really. Speed being average surprises me but eh. Damage + durability works as a good combo.
9. Dark Force (PSs): Slow slugging bosses border on Heavy. Durability is nice but eh.
10. Time Mage (FF5): Sure, I'll respect the damage/status game. Difference between him and Ceci? Attrition vs. durable bosses and magic immunity.
11. Brahms (VPs): Not sure about VP1 form (guess I should stop allowing that along with Kratos 1/2). Anywho.
12. Celes Chere (FF6): blah blah spoiling blah blah status.
13. Berle (SO2): What am I supposed to say? Not sure how to take him.
14. Malik (WA3): Pure spoiling. He does it all right but still. Nothing *but* spoiling.
15. Ness (EB): Just kind of weak, even if he tanks hits like a champ.

Heavy:

1. Geshp (SF2): Blah blah speed blah blah damage.
2. Geno (SMRPG): No status blocking probably hurts him. he can turn himself into what amounts to a High Heavy boss, but eh. Takes his turn. ID though... Sure, probably belongs up here.
3. Pamela Ibis (Mana Khemia): Pamela is like Malik but I think the limit/parasitic healing make her better. Didn't realize how good Kiss 3 Bear was. Though maybe she deserves less respect for having relatively few shots of that.
4. Velna (LoL2): Gimmicks? Horrible stats though, if memory serves.
5. Billy Lee Black (XG): Haste healing is always good.
6.Artea (Lufia 2): See above.
7. Claude Kenni (SO2): DAMAGE and elements and element walling and status blocking. Good combos.
8. Nina (BoF1): Such a filthy whore.
9. Richard (S5): DAMAGE, speed.
10. Kika (S4): damage, speed.
11. Saki Inugami (SH2): I just don't remember her being that good. I'm probably underselling her badly, but whatever.
12. Angelo (DQ8): Lots of gimmicks. Should probably be higher though.
13. Liete (G1): Enclose is nice. Grandia equips are also nice.
14. Anastasia Valeria (WA2): Eh. Healing/speed buff isn't bad.
15. Lezard Valeth (VPs): More eh. Not sure what to make of him. Should probably take his boss form with durability credit but I don't want to be lynched.
16. Mazus (S2): Too much fire res going around, and slow+frail. makes me sad but there you have it.

More later. Maybe.
Middle:

Lyon (FE8)
Beowulf Kamdus (FFT)
Magdalen Harts (ACF)
Yulie Ahtreide (WA4)
Bart Fatima (XG)
Red Wizard (FF3)
Akihiko Sanada (P3)
Kraken (FF1)
Karin Koenig (SH2)
Duran (SD3)
Anastasia Romanov (SH2)
Eileen (S1)
Aika (SoA)
Peppita Rosetti (SO3)
Vivi (FF9)
Leehalt Alceste (WA3)

Light:

Soldier (DW3)
Tia (Lufia 2)
Gares (OB)
Camus (S2)
Chansey (PKMN)
Cai (Brig)
Cid (FF4)
Gogo (FF6)
Aguro (Lufia 1)
Oulan (S2)
Mel (S3)
Spar (BoF2)
Logg (S5)
Zhuzhen Liu (SH1)
Katarina (S4)
Estella (S3)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 05:22:04 AM »
Starting to count tomorrow and update in the evening. Please finish your lists!
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:47 AM »
It's done.  I said I'd get to them.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory