Author Topic: AGMT: R1, Pool 2  (Read 7016 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: AGMT: R1, Pool 2
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 08:16:37 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2)- Injury is solid in spite of the synth, but I love Twilight of Ivory. What the hell is it based off of?
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia)- Slightly more memorable.
[Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4)- Total coinflip, both are great.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)- Better white noise.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom)- Averages out just a bit better. Was way closer than I was expecting from a PCB song.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger)- Seconding Lance. This pool blows out the first one. 
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series)- Good SD3 music? Lies.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:08:18 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Wow, Twilight of Ivory is really good. Very soothing. Good way to start off this pool.
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - It's almost impossible to mess up a track as good as Fighting of the Spirit. The Xenogears remix is good, but not quite good enough, I'm afraid.
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - Not especially close.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Burns more bread.

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Close one. This match could really go either way.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - Another close match! Dang, this pool is a heck of a lot better than the first one.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - I didn't like the Joe Cam song too much. The Seiken Densetsu track was passable, at least.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - The Zelda song didn't too much for me. Kinda bland.

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2): Amalgam of all stock techno/piano remixes vs THAT SYNTH. What have I done to deserve this?
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia): Fairly uncreative rendition of Fighting of the Spirit, but it does no wrong. This rendition of June Mermaid is putting me to sleep.
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4): Mm, feeling this more right now. Decent match.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): I did not expect to ever vote this way, but this version of Mass Destruction is slightly amusing instead of total trash. Also the other french lounge musak track is...let's just leave it that description.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom): AMoFBW is one of the only bright spots on the VP2 soundtrack and this improves on it. dBu track overstays its welcome by a few minutes and has some grating synth to begin with.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger): Note to OC remixers: No matter how much of a masterstroke doing your own lyrics for the remix feels like, DON'T DO IT. Especially if you can't sing.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series): Oh listen, how wacky and fun and surreal! No. That EB remix is EB perfectly condensed into sound form. Titles Mix continues the theme of the pool in technically solid, bland tracks.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker): Nice mood music. ZREO track is technically solid, bland stock orchestra.
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2)
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia)
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4)
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger)
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series)
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker)

Taishyr

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 09:41:39 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Um. One isn't my style, one is.
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Coinflip. Slow vs. repetitive. This being said, they're both good.
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4)
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - One has an actual core. One just sounds silly, which is kinda amazing since I never thought I'd hear Doll Maker sound -silly-.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - EAR. ORGASM.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - Both are quite good; nod to the one which doesn't sound like it has fuzz on it. Both deserve getting past this round.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - Eh.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 09:46:50 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2): Sounds like really good dungeon music maybe. Injury isn't bad though.

Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia): Now here, I really like this remix a lot. Great instrumentation on a good song.

Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4): Close. Very close.

Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Huh.

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Meh.

S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger): See above.

Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series): Decent enough.

The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker): Nice atmospheric piece. I like Ocean in its original context, but it doesn't cut it here, and the mix isn't much different.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 11:53:07 PM by Ultradude »
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 10:50:01 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Palpable is a very solid remix. Injury is "hey mommy I have erotic dreams of Genesis MIDI synth" off an unmemorable composition. Winner.

Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Fighting of the Spirit is incredibly generic and Hellion Sounds's version does nothing to help with that. It's a correct remix, but it's hampered by a bland base and it's hardly noticeably different from the original other than using more synth zomg. Time & Space is very well done, if not terribly creative. When it's generic versus generic, I'd go for the one that does it better.

Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - The Black Mages song adds spunk and energy to a pretty meh base. the Aeris remix... just gives better instrumentation to the base, and that's not exactly impressive. Yeah.

Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Autovote against the unholy manbaby of a drunken one-night stand between Persona 3's battle theme and Pump Your Jam. This is a matter of civic duty.

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Hell yes. I love the original theme's base, and the arrange version adds... more rhythm, more flow to the song with the slight, but noticeable differences. dBu is very hit-or-miss, and his rendition of Doll Judgment is one of his many misses.

S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - Forever Until Tomorrow starts neat, making you believe it'll be a pretty good remix. Then, the vocals kick in and the song turns into a heart-crushing monstrosity that could tear San Andreas' Fault entirely open and turn Florida into an ocean in five minutes. S.S.H.'s rendition of the Wily Stage is, as usual, hilariously cheesy and energetic, which is all the theme really needs.

Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - Medley vs. medley, so both are sorta uninspiring remixing-wise. However, the SD mix has a few strong melodies as its bases. The EB remix is the  retarded redneck cousin of Havanagilla and Ten Green Bottles Standing on the Wall.

The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - The Wind Waker remix is so generic it hurts my ankles. The Super Metroid one is odd, but it has these unearthly tones and passages that pick up my interest, and make it not a bad listen.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 11:10:13 PM »
The average quality in round 2 is waaaaaaaay higher than round 1, definitely.  I was worried that I'd become a total cynic or something after listening to the round 1 songs, most of which are actively bad.  Here, even the losers are generally okay.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2)
Both solid.  Think I like Twilight's feel a bit more.
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia)
Okay, I love Fighting of the Spirits, but this version is practically the same and what difference there is is worse than the original.  At least T&S does something different with June Mermaid, and thus has a reason to exist.
Same issue here.  That isn't an arrangement of Aeris's Theme, that IS Aeris's Theme (with a better orchestra, I suppose).  What was changed now?  Meanwhile I have a few niggles with Battle, but it rocks.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
BAD J-RAP NOOOOOOOO.  Auto-win for opposition, which isn't bad anyway despite giving Suikoden 4 psuedo-Italy vibes.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom)
They're both good, but also both kind of backgroundy.  Think Doll Judgment mixes it up more.  (Also Touhou is now 3-for-3 with me.  They attract arrangers with good taste, apparently, even if the original music is eh.)
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger)
Apathy.  Both are okay, neither is awesome.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series)
Horrific slaughter; the EB music isn't good.  Also the SD mix is the first arranged track that I've heard before in this tourney and have on my computer!  And is also pretty neat!  Yay!
The Super Metroid is nice mood music, I agree.  I like the first minute of the Wind Waker music - nice "whee, explore!" thing going, and then it goes and goes and gets boring.

Unoriginal

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:43 AM »

WW mix isn't much different from the original.  Which you have to listen to for hours and hours and... well, you get the point >.>
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 07:36:46 PM by Unoriginal »

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 12:37:08 AM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Apathy

Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Was never a huge fan of June Mermaid, for all that this arrangement isn't at all bad.

Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - More apathy.

Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) -  Burn My Dread needs to be killed with fire.

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Think it takes this even with the synth weighing it down.  AMoFB inspires nothing but apathy in me.

S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - FUT just had to come with vocals, didn't it?

Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - Yet more apathy.

The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - Less apathy inducing.

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 02:52:08 AM »
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Man, I usually like Alice Music, but this mess is a fail off.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - Man, I'm torn.  The CT song would win hands down if the idiot didn't sing.  Wily Stage 1 is good, but kinda feels like I'm just listening to the original.  Eh, for all I normally don't have a problem with vocals, in this case they're dissonant enough to vote against.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - Urgh, the EB mix gives me a headache. >_<

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Not bothered by Injury's synth as much as some, but this is still a very clear pick.

Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - The best version of June Mermaid I have and one of my all time favorite songs vs a conservative and generic remix of a song I never got the original appeal of.

Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - Ciela changes very little, and for the worse, I don't like how the woodwinds sound at all.  Four Fiends is solid all around.

Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Ahahaha wow.  All I have to say here.  Okay, that and the Alice mix is kinda meh with the accordion and all.

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Pretty vs ugly synth.  I am mostly not a dBu fan in general.

S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - auuuugh this is such a close call.  Wily is exactly what it says on the can and doesn't do anything besides preserve the drive of the source, but that's the point.  Forever does lots of wonderful things with the source, but... when the lyrics hit "space and time have no meaning anymore" it doesn't work.  It's no Toroian Love Song... whichever way you want to take that.

Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - to quote Tonfa, oh listen, how wacky and fun and surreal! Yes! That EB remix is EB perfectly condensed into sound form.  Okay not quite perfectly but good enough.  The competition is solid but not outstanding.

The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - It is the Wingless and his amazing atmosphere.  Bow down.  Ocean was better than I expected but nowhere near Wingless level.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 05:07:58 PM by Sir Alex »

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 09:30:21 AM »
Everyone's raving about Twilight of Ivory, but...  it's kinda boring.  Doesn't really go anywhere, or do anything. 

Just generally more solid of the two, though neither is to my tastes.

Not a big fan of Aeris' theme, and Ciela does nothing with it.  BwtFF is good even before it gets spruced up.

Not Burn my Bread.

Not a bad pair here, nothing special, but fun to listen to.  I think I like the energy in Doll Judgement more though.

Easily the worst version of this song I've heard to date, and I have a couple of remixes on my hard drive.  SSH just seems to be too complicated, taking a solid base and fiddling with it way too much.  Of course, it's a better base they've got here than To Far Away Times (which I also generally like, but still no competition), and TFAT got hit with a worse nerf stick, with vocals that feel like they were added atop the song, and not a part of it.

Yeah, generally stronger tunes went into this one.

Not repetative

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 03:52:30 PM »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:05:30 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Both are surprising but I thought the first one would be something totally different~

Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - These are barely remixed at all. Tiebreaking for the one that doesn't make me fall asleep~

Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - See above except this is actually remixed~!

Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Normally I always vote for Touhou, but...~

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - This is good, not superhuge Doll Judgement fangirl, but I don't mind the synth...

S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - EMO CT LYRICS. YES. (also bias towards English lyrics for no real reason~!)

Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - Alex and Tai win again. Yay hilarity~

The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - Uh....does "Reminds me of Knytt atmosphere/music" work~?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:44:09 AM by Nitori »
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 09:41:28 PM »
--Lukard does Burning Blood better.

--Two decent tracks but nothing outstanding.  Going with this for now.

--The official arrange of Aerith's Theme is better.  Both of them, actually.  Not that this one is bad.  I'll go with some rocking today.

--Wins by not being Mass Destruction.

--Sure why not.

--I don't think Forever Until Tomorrow is that bad, honestly.  But Wily Stage 1 is still better.

--Joe Cam Stole My Bike is kind of meh.  Also, this is how you arrange Seiken Densetsu stuff.  Seriously.  This is amazing.

--Both are good, so I won't be disappointed if the other wins here.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 12:00:21 AM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - I like Hero's Blood decently enough but Twilight is very good, if a little background-musicy.
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Still not a fan of June Mermaid. The ToP song is decent enough.
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) - Meh upbeat will beat out meh slow. And Four Fiends is a bit less meh, just has some parts I really don't like mixed in with the generally decent.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Man, I like normal Mass Destruction, but this version of it just sucks. Doll Maker isn't bad. It almost sounds like Doll Maker done in RSMS style...
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Meh on both, Doll Judgement seems to have this annoying background noise that costs it the match.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - Ooh, good match.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - See Alex.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - Oooh, very impressed with the Super Metroid song. Wind Waker one...not so much.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 10:53:50 AM »
Twilight of Ivory vs Injured Hero's Blood - Ivory gets a nice groove going. Blood's decent, but there's something about it I can't ascertain which just rubs me the wrong way.
June Mermaid vs Fighting of the Spirit - Fighting is not much of an improvement on the original. Mermaid is _worse_.
Aeris's Theme vs Battle with the Four Fiends - Fiends is atrocious and this version is even moreso. Aeris's Theme is awesome and this version is somewhat moreso.
Mass Destruction vs Doll Maker of Buccuresti - A thrilling matchup of lamery.
A Motion of Finishing Blow vs Doll Judgement - Judgement is pretty hoppy, but Motion just manages to sneak out in front, I think.
Wily Stage 1 vs Forever Until Tomorrow - Decence-approaching vocals > yet another version of that same lousy MM track.
Joe Cam Stole My Bike vs Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix - HSL jumps around far too much in quality (and volume, for that matter). Joe Cam isn't a sterling example of silver, but it is at least consistently reasonable.
Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix vs Ocean - Girl is nicely environmentalish whereas Ocean is boring. On top of that Ocean's lamery extends to causing the ruination of the pattern due to being so mehish. Curse you Oceaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

TranceHime

• Let's have a freaking kid!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • That'll solve ALL our problems!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) - Hero's Blood is pretty good... But... Hrm. Something about it seems off, unlike Twilight of Ivory. I second Tal in that Lukard does Burning Blood better >_>;;
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) - Ok, Fighting is really really similar to the original and the only reason why I like it is because it's less boring. If even by a small margin. I was never even fond of June Mermaid and this one doesn't really seem to do it justice.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - Riiiight.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) - To my ears, most of dBu's stuff is pretty boring and blah. Doll Judgement doesn't help it at all. I think it's a clear pick for me here.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) - Noiiice. But I think the vocals got me here.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) - Also noice. Everything that could be said here has already been said.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) - Wow! Is all I have to say with the SM song. Ocean... I was not impressed.
19:35:58 (trancehime) there's a specific spot in the game that's for item duping
19:36:14 (Sanae) o.o
19:39:11 (Sanae) I'd love to dupe a second trancehime.

Shale

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 05:25:03 PM »
Meh-off. Twilight of Ivory does little for me, Injured Hero's Blood does less and has crappy synth.

Fighting of the Spirit's a great song, but the ToS version is more of a remix than this is. June Mermaid is solid all around.

This is just a straight orchestration of Aeris' theme. It's a good orchestration, but you're not beating the Black Mages on technical quality alone. Not even close.

I'd rather listen to the original DMoB than this mix, but only by a small margin. Burn My Dread is...uh...no.

Doll Judgment isn't one of my favorite PCB tracks, but I found both the original Motion of Finishing Blow and this mix totally forgettable.

The SSH mix is awesome. Forever Until Tomorrow reduces the CT song to a repetitive backbeat and sticks lame vocals in front of it. No.

One of my favorites. Also, my nom.

Meh. Neither one really goes anywhere, but the Metroid mix is generally stronger.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 11:23:48 PM by Shale »
"Sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."
-Ponder Stibbons

[23:02] <Veryslightlymad> CK dreams about me starring in porno?
[23:02] <CmdrKing> Pretty sure.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 03:39:24 PM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2): Could go either way here, but opting for the rocking saw waves right now.
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia): The thud of that bass piano key just after the intro is a bit heavy-handed, but it's a good piece once it gets going.
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4): The BM version of Four Fiends has a variety of small details that have always felt off, to me, and collectively make it a less-than-ideal cover. The song just doesn't feel like it was meant to be a hard rock piece.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Yes, I actually listened to the P3 track in its entirety. It's...a little better than it was in the game, but still not exactly good. The PCB arrange is unremarkable, but at least it's not Mass Destruction.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Fairly unimpressed with the VP2 track, and I'm not sure it's possible to ruin Alice music.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger): The latter has its moments, but the vocals just don't gel.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series): Silly and fun.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker): Nice ambience, and the Zelda track doesn't really leave an impression.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 06:44:47 AM »
Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) vs Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2): If nothing else, I couldn't even tell what FF10 song that was suppose to be.
Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) vs Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia): never got the June Mermaid hype, meanwhile, this was a decent remix of an already good song.
Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) vs [b[The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4)[/b]: Its Aeris' theme with different instrumentation! Aka a song I don't like.  The latter on the otherhand I like well enough.
Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) vs Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom): To be frank, I only listened to the first 45 seconds of the PCB song before deciding it was better.
VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) vs dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom): Clearly inferior to the original (No, it doesn't flow better; it has extra percussion and beats that only break the song up, and there are parts with obvious dissonance)...but Doll Judgment was just horribly disappointing from what I've come to expect from Tohou.
S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) vs Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger): It took me a while to figure out what song that was from CT...and it barely counts since the rest of it is original stuff around it and its got a bad lyrical part too.  MEANWHILE, its opposition is still freaking WIly Stage 1.
Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) vs Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series): Nice medley of several SD themes (...why was the road between Maia and Bizel in there when the other songs were all clearly title themes <_<?  Angel's Fear still counts for SD3 sort of!)  The other is...a really weird version of the Bicycle theme...I'm going with the one that sounded nice.
The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) vs ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker): Whatever, don't largely care, going with the former cause I actually played the damn game.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Tonfa

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »
Results.

Palpable - Twilight of Ivory (Final Fantasy X) IIIII IIIII IIIII III
Injury - Injured Hero's Blood (FFL2) IIII

Time & Space: A Tribute to Yasunori Mitsuda - June Mermaid (Xenogears) IIIII IIII
Hellion Sounds - Fighting of the Spirit (Tales of Phantasia) IIIII IIIII II

Ciela - Aeris's Theme (Final Fantasy 7) IIIII I
The Black Mages - Battle with the Four Fiends (Final Fantasy 4) IIIII IIIII IIIII I

Burn My Dread -Reincarnation: Persona 3- - Mass Destruction (Persona 3) IIIII I
Sensitive Heart - Doll Maker of Buccuresti (Perfect Cherry Blossom) IIIII IIIII IIIII

VP2 Arrange Soundtrack - A Motion of Finishing Blow (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria) IIIII IIIII
dBu - Doll Judgement (Perfect Cherry Blossom) IIIII IIIII II

S.S.H. - Wily Stage 1 (Megaman 2) IIIII IIIII IIIII
Star Salzman - Forever Until Tomorrow (Chrono Trigger) IIIII II

Bound Together EB remixes - Joe Cam Stole My Bike (Earthbound) IIIII III
Patrick Waters - Seiken Densetsu Titles Mix (Seiken Densetsu series) IIIII IIIII IIII

The Wingless - Super Metroid One Girl in all the World OC ReMix (Super Metroid) IIIII IIIII IIIII III
ZREO - Ocean (The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker) IIII
<Niu> If I ever see that Langfadood, i'll strangle him on sight
<Gourry> What, for making the game three times better?
<Gourry> And playable, at that?
<Niu> that lose the whole point of of L2!!!