Author Topic: Season 46 rankings- Final Fantasy 3 and Persona 3  (Read 5634 times)

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
Re: Season 46 rankings- Final Fantasy 3 and Persona 3
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 03:48:18 AM »
Power Charge is level 45, which...if I can ever get a hold of my roommate's copy of the game, is about the level I'd see him at when he leaves.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2008, 10:44:50 PM »
Persona 3: The Journey

P3 Aigis - 3.6 Middle. Orgia Mode + Tarukuja to the rescue. Throw in healing and she's a solid slugfester (and can use her techniques repeatedly, unlike Junpei!). Lightning Weakness makes her take a dive. Turn locked by Coral Swords ._. EDIT: Oh yes, Pierce spoiling. I guess it just further enhances a win over the likes of KAIN. >_> <_< (spoils guns/spears/arrow users at least)
P3 Akihiko Sanada - 3.3 Middle. Generally see him as pretty solid as an overally package (certainly respect his debuffs more than some), but the weakness sucks. Let's face it folks.
P3 Chidori Yoshino - 1.5 Low Light/Puny. When you have Jeremy level durability, with none of the speed or opening damage, you're in trouble.
P3 Jin Shirato - 3.0 Low Middle. See Snow really >_>. I view his durability as EVEN WORSE since he dies from one rounding in game (lol Thunder Reign + physical beatdown of death). Granted! Funky options + element spoiling potential. Think that's enough for him to just ride along the border
P3 Junpei Iori - 3.1 Middle. Blocking Fire is neat. That, the Regen, counterstrike and Marakukaja make an interesting defensive game. Pretty much dies against physical tanks though. His back up fire damage while existant, sucks. And his better damage requiring him to constantly spend HP will become an issue clearly. Makes heal locks for him harder for example.
P3 Ken Amada - 3.4 Middle. Translates pretty well! The healing and ID combo isn't bad. Staller variation essentially. And his back up damage in case that fails at least is better than Junpei's fire damage. However, runs into problems against blitzers.
P3 Koromaru 3.5 - Blocking both Fire and Dark are nice, since Dark by extension is most types of ID. Throwing Masukukaja, high base EVA, high base HP and Counterstrike in there further makes for fun times. He wishes he can trade one of his MT spells with Junpei's Fire Break as that will solve the issue of wallers for him. Might be cast best dueller despite in-game, he's probably near the lower end of use >_>
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - 3.4 Middle. Slight variation in terms of strategies than Akihiko. Same comments STILL apply. Ice immune effectively isn't that bad since Ice Break actually sees use! But Fire weakness is around the worse weakness you CAN have (see list). Combination of healing and damage as well as the potential heal locking is nice enough.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki - 3.75 Low Heavy. Um...yeah. Power Charge + God Hand = whee! Nevermind, temp ends up being the best dueller. No weaknesses too as a bonus. Regen and Counterstrike as fun back ups. Physical spoiling is :(. But hey, can't win em all.
P3 Takaya Sakaki- 3.1 Middle. More damage than Jin. That's around it. He needs to hit Weakness to do anything significant, since otherwise, he just 3HKOs. And his durability is equally bad as his partners. Granted, that more damage + Mind Charge is better than Jin's iffy funky status game as its more concrete and can ACTUALLY potentially heal lock.
P3 Yukari Takeba - 2.75 High Light. Wishes you voted on the FES form where she can get a weapon that boosts Wind damage. Otherwise, the main thing holding her back is her durability and Lightning weakness. Damage wise, she suffers a lot from in game, where she is nearly as strong as Mitsuru.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:26:18 AM by Tide »
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

<Dreamboum> Everyone is learning new speedgames!
<Dreamboum> A bright future awaits us gentlemens
<Pitted> I'm learning league of legends
<Dreamboum> go fuck yourself

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2008, 11:01:21 PM »
Tide: Koro still gets Fire Break. I've seen him use it against Nyx, and the boy was L88.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
Fine fine, Decimals.  Not using them leaves you screwed by the system ;_;

Final Fantasy 3

FF3 Cloud of Darkness- 5.00 Godlike.

Persona 3: The Journey- Not really taking weaknesses into account here, despite their potency.  It's like why Auron's not a Middle even though any FE character makes him fail to hit ever.

P3 Aigis- 3.75 Middle/Heavy.  Orgy mode, despite the drawbacks, just feels too potent for Middle.  The healing reserves don't hurt neither.  Still can't see her going far in Heavy though...
P3 Akihiko Sanada- 3.65 High Middle.  Well rounded but not stand out enough in any one area to really crack Heavy.
P3 Chidori Yoshino- 2.5 Light.  She's... juuuusst one-rounded by average, as I see it, so... .8xPC?  That range?  Definitely enough to actually wield her skillset.  Taya types and Entire Cast of Chrono Cross ream her, but still a definite champ threat in Light.
P3 Jin Shirato- 3.45 Middle.  5k HP is moderately durable, enough to get some of his more evil statuses to hit.  But is so bad off in a slug fest... yeah.
P3 Junpei Iori- 3.1 Low Middle.  8% Regen in Light feels like a free pass to just spam his non-HP eating damage, so Middle feels more appropriate. 
P3 Ken Amada- 3.65 High Middle.  See Akihiko.  Less durable, but weakish ID and meaningless weakness balance that out nicely.
P3 Koromaru- 3.55 Middle.  HP of awesome.  Does not compensate complete lack of healing options.  But hey, enough HP to spam ID and slug well enough.
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo- 3.75 Middle/Heavy.  2HKO damage, fairly average otherwise... spoiled by fire or Ice immunity but can heal.  Textbook borderliner.
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki- 3.75 Middle/Heavy.  Wow.  His Power Charge'd damage is pretty impressive.  Perhaps too impressive for Middle?  We'll see.
P3 Takaya Sakaki 3.85 Low Heavy.  Just reaches that 3HKO, some status to play with, elemental variety.. durable enough to get away with it.  He's sorta an improved Melbu.  Obviously more stylish of course.
P3 Yukari Takeba- 2.75 High Light.  Nothing new to say.

Sure, this works.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Xeroma

• SARDINES.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Vampire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2008, 02:55:45 AM »

P3 Aigis - See Cmdr, basically. 3.75
P3 Akihiko Sanada -  High middle. Doesn't have the oomph for heavy despite being all around-ish. 3.6
P3 Chidori Yoshino - Light. Soooooo sad.  1.6
P3 Jin Shirato - Middle. Whatevs. 3.2
P3 Junpei Iori -  Middle. Has some alright-ish damage and durability, but cries to magic[especially of his weakness]. 3.2
P3 Ken Amada -  High Middle. See Akihiko, more or less. 3.6
P3 Koromaru - Middle. ARF ARF. 3.4
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo - Low Heavy. Hits pretty hard and can heal, but wallable. 3.7
P3 Takaya Sakaki - Middle. Kinda sucks. 3.2
P3 Yukari Takeba - Middle. Can heal, but lacks durability and damage :/. 3.1

<@SageAcrin> Where you realize that, when you think about everything that's said about this person...
<@SageAcrin> It adds up to one thing.
<+Ranmilia> MEGA MAN PLOT

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2008, 07:01:34 AM »
Tide: Koro still gets Fire Break. I've seen him use it against Nyx, and the boy was L88.

Wasn't his skill set:
Agidyne
Maragidyne
Mudoon
Mamudoon
Masukukaja
Counterstrike
Fire Amp
Mudo Boost?

...wait, I think vanilla P3 MAY have Fire Break instead of Mudo Boost then. Which uh...is possibly better >_>? Think Mudoon with Mudo boost is still only 55%...so he might end up wanting his vanilla P3 form.
<napalmman> In Suikoden I, In Chinchirorin, what is it called when you roll three of the same number?
<@Claude> yahtzee

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 07:08:36 AM »
Masukukaja? I swear I haven't seen that in his skillset. Lemme boot up P3 real quick.

EDIT: Yeah, he lacks Masukukaja in vanilla P3, and he also lacks Mudo Boost and Counterstrike. He gets Fire Break/EVIL SMILE ZOMG/High Counter instead.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:13:42 AM by Jo'ou Ranbu »
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Tide

• Malice Tears
  • Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Cacophony of Sorrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 07:23:18 AM »
Mrf. Weird trade off then.

In game, losing Fire Break rules. Since the AI is so bad with it. DL wise...its trade from being wallable vs. better ID rates.

Pretty sure its High Counter as well in FES. I wasn't remember what the highest level passive counter ability was. But yeah, so he gets EVIL SMILEZ and Fire Break vs. Masukukaja and Mudo Boost.

Latter looks better. Masuku might not be worth much (YMMV obviously), but Koro feels very much ID reliant.
<@Claude> yahtzee

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 03:34:33 PM »
Final Fantasy 3

FF3 Cloud of Darkness: 4.85 Godlike

P3 Aigis: 3.65 Middle
P3 Akihiko Sanada: 3.35 Middle
P3 Chidori Yoshino 2.17 Light
P3 Jin Shirato 3.37 Middle
P3 Junpei Iori 3.24 Middle
P3 Ken Amada 3.45 Middle
P3 Koromaru 3.36 Middle
P3 Mitsuru Kirijo 3.37 Middle
P3 Shinjiro Aragaki 3.63 Middle
P3 Takaya Sakaki 3.76 Heavy
P3 Yukari Takeba 2.78 Light

Thanks for taking the time to rank. This topic is closed.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 04:16:56 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...