Author Topic: Merry Christmas! - The Loot & Celebrations (and whatever) Topic  (Read 5373 times)

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas! - The Loot & Celebrations (and whatever) Topic
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2009, 12:21:06 AM »
part 2

turtle statue with toothpicks(I'm as confused as you are)
more money

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2009, 12:30:01 AM »
Excellent work Snow =-)

I was party to this too and couldn't wait for them to be posted  :D

Star Ocean First Departure PSP
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth PSP
Stephen King books
Tad Williams books
PJs
Slippers
Gloves
Socks
Christmasy clothes
Watch
Jewellery
Ornaments
Selection of Calvin and Hobbs books
Rhapsody DS
Book about Virginia with lots of photos =-)
MONIES!!!
More PJs and slippers
Glittering seashell ornament

Plus breakfast and dinner and lots of love, time and affection that words can't fully justify ... just makes me speechless =-)

Merry Christmas =-)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 12:32:48 AM by Clear Tranquil »
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
Merry Christmas, all. ;) I spent the day with family and playing the first DS game on my present list. Completed it already. :/

Alright, let's see...

Random clothes, including jeans, socks and two awesome new shirts.
A Muppets towel. With Animal on it. Fuck yes.
Chocolate, and lots of it. Two selection boxes and a pack of chocolate coins, amongst others.
A Pizza Hut gift card. I'm not too sure either.
£25, already spent buying P3 and Odin Sphere from Amazon.
Death Note manga.
Random F1 book. Meh.
Deodorant box sets.
Comedy Night for two. Somewhat curious about this one still.
Ed Byrne DVD.
A scarf.

More importantly:
Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Chrono Trigger DS
(Getting DQ5 as a late present in a few days - it didn't arrive in time. ;o)

All in all, a very shiny selection of presents. :D

James_xeno

• Dark Force
  • Denizen
  • And ye shall be as gods
    • View Profile
    • My 1up profile page
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2009, 03:37:48 AM »

Merry Christmas. Hope you all had a great day.

When antelopes cross a river crocodiles will eat some of them, but the majority will still make it through.
Because there are 500 antelope and three crocodiles. Not because the crocodiles are enviornmentalists.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 03:44:37 AM »
Games!
Cross Edge
inFamous
Eternal Poison
Soul Nomad
Atelier Iris 3
Ar Tonelico II (Still in cardboard box with all extras, all in good condition)
Brave Story
Persona (PSP)

DVDs!
Ghostbusters I & II
Wayne's World 1 & 2
A Knight's Tale
The Bourne Trilogy Boxset
Simpsons Season 9
Eureka Season 3.0

The Dark Knight (Blu-Ray)
Under the Dome by Stephen King
4 GB Flash Drive
4 GB Memory Stick
Underwear and socks
Jeans
Candy
Scratch-off tickets (Usually a telling sign of how well I'll do in the coming year or maybe my luck for this year, never paid attention enough to know which. A massive omen, for the first time in the 10+ years we've been doing this, I won nothing.

Haven't gotten the cards and stuff from the relatives, so I'll probably edit this later.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 05:35:02 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2009, 04:09:45 AM »
I stayed Christmas even over at my folks' place. Cooked with them and talked and so on and so forth. Nice time.

I got some nice shirts, a sweater, a shaving razor, an inexpensive digital camera, some shoes, and coal (my father's idea).

I also caught a cold.

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2009, 04:49:30 AM »
Merry X-nukkah/nza/mas everyone except for Snow.

Both my parents worked on Christmas, so it was a lot of sitting around playing LFT and reading.

That just meant we did everything last week.  Grandmother was in town for Graduation, so we did that then took the train up to Santa Fe and wandered around and then came back to Albuquerque.  A couple other days doing Miscellaneous things in Albuquerque, then we went back to Grants.

The following two days were mostly getting shitfaced drunk with the parents.

Merry Christmas indeed.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2009, 05:05:10 AM »
Hey, parents you aren't embarrassed to get drunk around are pretty cool in thier own regard, I'd think.

Anyway, back from the Christmas thing at Jenna's folks' place. Dinner turned out edible, which was almost a serious concern for awhile as I forgot some fairly key things while shopping/prepping, but all ended well. Everyone else insisted it was awesome, but I am ever my own worst critic.

The haul was pretty good this year. I ended up with:

3 CDs: Blackmore's Night - Under a Violet Moon, Great Big Sea - Rant and Roar, and Kris Allen - Kris Allen.
2 games: Fallout 3 and Demon Souls(which I bought for myself awhile ago and had Jenna wrap and put under the tree. <_< )
1 graphic novel: War and XPs(an Order of the Stick book)

And then gift cards because it's best to let people purchase thier own clothing.

1 $50 all purpose Visa giftcard. Which will likely transform itself into Valkeria Chronicals the moment I find that game somewhere.
1 $50 K-Mart gift card. This is useful because K-Mart carries sweatpants in my size, and those are pretty much the only pants I wear.
1 $200 gift card to Casual Male XL. This one's from Jenna, and will likely transform itself into a pair of good walking shoes, a hoodie/jacket/something because sometimes Pacifica winters even make ME cold, and then maybe a shirt or two.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 07:02:31 AM »
Had a very nice Christmas.  I'll do the post-mortem on it later.

A book (Vampire Hunter D and something something. Hell, I'll try any series once).

Anyway, let me try to maximize the potential of your Vampire Hunter D reading experience.  First of all, I'm sorry to say, the book you have is not good.  Probably because it has been translated far to literally, it repeatedly violates the "show, don't tell" rule of good English narrative; it tells you, shows you, then probably tells you again.

There is, however, some entertainment to be had from these books.  Imagine the author is a DM and D is a PC.  The DM has a great, heroic adventure in mind, but D's player is one of those bastards who deliberately tries to mess up the narrative, ignoring his DM's blatant story hooks, foot-dragging for as long as possible, and generally refusing to do the good deeds his alignment indicates he should, then slaughtering everything with his min-maxed build.  (Further proof this is what's going on: D's charisma score is through the roof but his player clearly has never had a date in his life.)
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:04:20 AM by NotMiki »
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2009, 07:13:09 AM »
Hey, parents you aren't embarrassed to get drunk around are pretty cool in thier own regard, I'd think.

Those parents are cool, yes.  The parents that question your virility for refusing to take a shot?  They're even cooler.

Anthony Edward Stark

• Is that... Alcohol?
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • Modern Drunkard Magazine
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2009, 08:10:35 AM »

Those parents are cool, yes.  The parents that question your virility for refusing to take a shot?  They're even cooler.

It's how I got so good at drinking.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »
It was a quiet Christmas, that's for sure.

My gifts were:

A new desk, seeing as how my mom broke (literally BROKE) my old desk, it only seemed fitting I guess.

A chair to go with my desk. It's scratched, so I will prolly take it back and get one with a cushion on it.

Colgone, Shampoo, Body Wash, scented shit. Is this their way of telling me I smell?

A nice little grill.

Some mall gift card.

A Hurricanes T-Shirt, and hopefully a late Christmas gift will be a Canes victory this Tuesday!

20 dollars from one of the members at my country club. Funny, this person who I've met and known for less then a year has given me more then my own father has in the past 7 years.

edit: I love this country club! I am at work, in the fitness center and I come across a slew of older people who are a blast to talk with. I just so happened to go and reach for my paystub, and attached to it is a card. It's from some member that wrote that he enjoyed the conversation we had/have about the Hurricanes and with it, 40 dollars. The only down side is...I am not sure who this person is! I will just have to wait and see who comments about the card. That's kinda embarrassing!

and some gift one of my coworkers got me. It's completely (and this is no stretch) wrapped up in colored duct tape. I don't even want to try to start taking this shit apart.

~

What I got myself:

FFXII, Dawn of Mana, Rogue Galaxy, Bleach RPG (I don't even watch Bleach!), DQ4 and DQ5.

and...

The Batman Handbook.

~

What I got my family.

Dad - Me and my brother were going to buy him a bike (motorcycle), but he didn't want it. So, I think we are going to go in together and get him a kegerator.

Brother - Unsure, he just got a X-Box, so prolly Batman.

Mom - Gift Cards - 50 dollars at Forever 21, and 50 dollars at home Depot. (It what she said she wanted.)

Sister - 50 Dollar gift card  at Nordstrum.

~~

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 07:50:24 PM by Scar »
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2009, 02:48:21 AM »
Quiet Christmas with good food. Mom cooked, so ham, roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon, home-made macaroni and cheese, and sweet potatoes cooked in apricot/pineapple preserves.

Got a pair of boots and a pair of sneakers before Christmas. Since then, I've gotten a fair bit of money, Alestorm album Leviathan, the newer remake of Cyborg 009 on DVD, jeans, a few shirts, a nice pair of leather gloves, Swedish fish.

Got for others: Got one friend Brave New World, another one of the old Star Trek readers. Got one sister Kon from Bleach in hat form, the other a John Wayne DVD collection. Group gifts include a Chris Daughtry CD for the step-bro, movie gift cards for step-sisters, Beatles CD for step-mom, and a bunch of Applebee's gift cards.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2009, 06:47:05 AM »
Loot.

• Portable plastic file cabinet
• A new sun shield for my car
• A year's supply of Brita water filters (which is to say...three Brita water filters)
• The obligatory 2010 wall calendar
• Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS)
• Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir (DS)
• A new desk chair
• Some do-it-yourself metal shelving units
• Various gift cards to various places

The ongoing contest of Christmas present one-upsmanship between my cousin and I continued in full force this year. I wrapped his gift (a two-DVD set of Frisky Dingo) and secured it with a padlock and a length of chain. I had hidden the key somewhere on the Christmas tree and he had 5 minutes to find it. If he failed, he would get a "backup present" (a CD I burned for him) and I would keep the Frisky Dingo DVD. If he succeeded, he would receive both the DVD and the burned CD. After a lot of help from my dad (who would not stop saying "Hotter" and "Colder" despite my repeated insistence that he shut the hell up), my cousin found the key in 4 minutes and 45 seconds. Blast.

I think he beat me this year. He gave me a massive (yet oddly lightweight) box that was wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap (which had been done before, so I thought he was running out of ideas). When I got the box open, however, I found that it contained a fist-sized lump of...something suspended in the middle of it. After peeling back the tape, I saw that it was a gift card wrapped in fishing wire. 200 feet of fishing wire. Two. Hundred. Feet. Of fishing wire. Took me about 15 minutes just to unravel the whole thing. $25 to Wal-Mart was my prize.

I'll get him next year, though. I have something good planned.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »
Went Boxing Day shopping with the cash I got for Christmas. ;p

Got;

- Swimming trunks (for Florida, which I'm going to TOMORROW <3)
- Lacoste cologne
- Teal/black/white plaid shirt
- Two pairs of jeans (white, and vintage/washed looking)
- iPod charger that plugs into a wall
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms, by Luo Guanzhong (when you spend a few months of your childhood -exclusively- playing Dynasty Warrior games, these things start to intrigue you ;p)

Awesome purchases, awesome shopping. =)
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
Spent Christmas eve through this morning at the parents' place. Sister was there until late Christmas night, when she went home (her cat was sick; it died last night, which really sucks given the timing and since she was only six years old). Had lots of good food, watched tons of movies since that's like 50% of the presents that got handed out. Only guests were my mother's parents, which is fine since I like things quiet (as quiet as it can possibly be in a house with eight dogs, mind you). We got (almost) everyone to sit down and play poker with my grandfather Christmas afternoon, which was fun. Also, the sister brought the Wii and we had some fun accidentally killing each other in New SMB.

Anyway...loot! As usual, I must preface this by noting that my parents buy us waaay too much stuff.

-DVDs: Army of Darkness, Doctor Zhivago, The Prestige, Lost season five, an MST3K collection, the first X-Files movie, a Finnish Star Trek parody (did I mention that my family is awesome? They are)
-Books: Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
-Games: Castlevnia Sotn (requested: I felt like something old school and I'd never played this, so)
-Whole bunch of clothes (mostly work stuff)
-Too much candy
-Some other odds and ends

Pretty good year apart from the cat.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 01:54:25 AM »
For the first time in...years...my family listened to me when I asked them for practical gifts only.  Thank god. 

- A FUCKING KITCHEN AIDE MIXER HELLS YES
- A tie/belt rack
- A new vacuum cleaner
- A new travel bag for my suit
- Money, Savings Bonds, etc.
- Some ties, boxers, miscellaneous clothing

Yes, awesome.  I am happy.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 04:15:35 PM »
All I want for christmas is Cabana Boy Andy.

Instead, all I got were these lousy Terry Pratchett books and expensive clothes. (And a towel set from my co-workers... thanks?)

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 10:49:06 PM »
I hear vibrators are acceptable alternatives to solve butthurt [insert awkward smiley here].

Meanwhile, my Christmas loot is only showing up in January. That'll make my birthday commemorations cramped.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....