Author Topic: Movie Quotes 8: A New Quiz In a New Board  (Read 5407 times)

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Quotes 8: A New Quiz In a New Board
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2008, 05:03:40 PM »
I warned you about the Labyrinth quote! >_>

Sierra

• N I G H T M A R E E Y E S
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Go get dead, angel face
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2008, 05:09:16 PM »
Sadly, The Lion in Winter was ruined for me by the performance I saw of what must easily be the worst mounting of the stage version ever conceived. Seriously, I get dry heaves just thinking about it.

Strago: watch the movie. It is badass.

And...didn't know bonus #4 appeared in a Marx brothers movie. Well, everyone's failure to know Monty Python is still distressing.

And yes, Tai, there was a Dune movie. One directed by David Lynch in 1984, and a made-for-TV miniseries came out on the Sci-Fi channel like eight or nine years ago. I haven't watched the series, but I generally approve of the movie. Changed some things which pissed off a lot of fans but which I find mostly necessary (now, all the grossness related to the Baron? That wasn't necessary. Ew, ew, ew. What's your major malfunction, Lynch?) Of course, it's worth noting that the studio's version of the final cut displeased the director so much that he took his name off it.

AAA

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2008, 09:19:10 PM »
Ocean Eleven, Christmas Story, and Kindgergarten Cop had lines that I forgot. Since two of those I haven't seen in at least 5 years for the former and over 10 for the latter, I am satisfied.

But seriously, fuck that quiz.
Don't think of it as a novel. Think of it as a chance to retroactively win every argument you have ever walked away from.

Otter

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2008, 09:38:20 PM »
Strago, watch Withnail and I, it's really funny.

CompmanJX3

• Holiday Prinny
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2008, 11:00:21 PM »
That has to be the one line (that's good/different enough for something like this) from the entirety of Ocean's Eleven that I wouldn't get immediately.

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2008, 01:27:11 AM »
Go me I got the Crow!

Only missed 3 from movies I've seen, I horribly fail for missing Bonus 4 though.