Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47  (Read 3824 times)

Taishyr

Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 47
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2009, 06:42:37 PM »
Your votes always warm the cocyles of my heart, Richard.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 03:59:39 PM »
I would like to update this tonight, so if any of you have votes you haven't finalized please do so... also, if you haven't voted, then you should!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 03:55:10 AM »
Team Bardiche | Maxim, Tidus, Songstress, Crowley, Raja
[Floor 6b]
Team Bardiche vs. Ghaleon - Maxim doesn't get ID immunity until the Sinistrals - i.e. floor 7. Ghaleon Fate Storms him and Raja both and the game is over. Crowley/Tidus/Songstress soooooooo can't handle this fight by themselves.

Team Consonant | Rika, Arc, Lilka, DoS White Wizard, Moulder
[Floor 4a]
*For this floor, all damage and healing is reversed. All status healing spells inflict that status at 100% (Including Life -> ID), all status-inflicting spells remove that status (ID -> Life) and all Buffs or debuffs do the opposite (Saner would reduce speed and evasion) These spells can be targetted at enemies or allies.
*All resources normally used for Healing are infinite, as well.

Team Consonant vs. Citan and Billy
Team Consonant vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah
Team Consonant vs. Tir and Bazba
Team Consonant vs. Lulu, Garnet and Terra
Team Consonant vs. Marle and Galcian - Kneejerk is "holy shit this is a lot of healing and a lot of it is MT". So.

Team Grefter | Tir, Yuna, FFT White Wizard, Hellion, Raja
[Floor 4a]
*For this floor, all damage and healing is reversed. All status healing spells inflict that status at 100% (Including Life -> ID), all status-inflicting spells remove that status (ID -> Life) and all Buffs or debuffs do the opposite (Saner would reduce speed and evasion) These spells can be targetted at enemies or allies.
*All resources normally used for Healing are infinite, as well.

Team Grefter vs. Citan and Billy
Team Grefter vs. Rosa, Cecil and Tellah
Team Grefter vs. Tir and Bazba
Team Grefter vs. Lulu, Garnet and Terra
Team Grefter vs. Marle and Galcian - Three ID whores, two of them being fast, a fast MT healer who revives and the resources to blow past the nastiness. It works.

Team Nephrite | Timelord, Nina4, Eileen, Raja, Bowser
[Floor 4c]
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia, Child Rydia, Pichu and FF1 Garland
Team Nephrite vs. Rikku (DL Legal), Aeonless Yuna and S1 Luc
Team Nephrite vs. Fort Zeakden Algus, Balk, Undead Dark Knight Argath and Undead Balk
Team Nephrite vs. Gun Mage Yuna, Thief Rikku and S2 Luc
Team Nephrite vs. Lufia 2 Erim, Rydia, Raichu and Chaos - Eileen OHKOs Raichu and TL mangles Rydia. Lufia 2 Erim sucks and Chaos can't handle a full team. Past that, Raja/Eileen shenanigans handle the floor and the Algus fight, which is the nastiest for this team, gets handled by OD.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 03:57:12 AM »
Fate Storm is quite arguably magical (I would probably gutcheck that way), which means Songstress walls any attempts to Fate Storm.

Also doesn't help that I don't have nearly your durability/speed respect against him anyway, but. >_>

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 04:40:12 AM »
Fate Storm is quite arguably magical (I would probably gutcheck that way), which means Songstress walls any attempts to Fate Storm.

Also doesn't help that I don't have nearly your durability/speed respect against him anyway, but. >_>

There is no such thing as Ghaleon speed respect. >_> But, assuming the magical immunity flavor... then, what stops Ghaleon from just physicalling things and killing them, unless the magic immunity doesn't extend to positive effects? Songstress can't change songs on the fly (as I remember Tonfa noting there's a big recharge time if she swaps songs), so Ghaleon murders the people who matter and sorta cruises. There's a lot of lapping happening, but so much time is spent trying to juggle between immuning the move that seals off their entire skillset to force Ghaleon to kill one person at a time instead of two that I can't see this being too practical.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 01:48:41 PM »
I've been under the impression it's only offensive spells, but I could quite easily be wrong on that.

Taishyr

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »
Checked with Tonfa. Magic immunity is universal, my bad.

So Maxim just defense buffs his first turn. >_> Now he's only OHKOing Raja/Songstress with full action (and that if you're not terribly fond of Lufia 2 defense buffs); latter's not an impressive move, Songstress just gets revived/hasted and keeps dancing, and Raja isn't one of the offensive units here.

* Taishyr shrugs. To me Ghaleon gets mauled, but my opinion of his durability... 1.8xPCHP? Throwing up Chaos Shield's a waste of his time here, to boot, so.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:26:24 PM by Taishyr »