Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 7 Week 3  (Read 4646 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 7 Week 3
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
Virginia Maxwell (Meeple Fantasy 6) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Virginia equips Gale Claw for the speed boost, Cosmic Cog for the defense boost (and ANOTHER speed boost?!) to buy the first turn. Buffs her Mdef with Shield to tank the initial Double Stock barrage from Umbral. Depending on how well that goes,

Quote from: Shadow Hearts 3 stat topic
Lost Progress - Dispel, MT; used automatically whenever a stat-booster is used (as in, a free action)

Buffs don't save you against Lady.  They get you raped.
Doesn't FF6 Shell count as a status effect instead of a regular Buff? If not, then I'm not sure about this match, Ginny might still survive (barely) a Double Stock charge.

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) - ridiculous free healing. She'll eventually run out of weapon charges...

Yeah.  Free healing means he can't attack.  Ever. 
Does OB have this same problem? I was allowing SN characters to use any of their 3 row abilities in a single battle just for the sake of seeing a skillset.

Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series) - spoiled?

Explain?  Colette can't do anything against lightning.

I was thinking ranged > counters. Though honestly, I didn't put much thought into this one.

-Djinn

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »
Doesn't FF6 Shell count as a status effect instead of a regular Buff? If not, then I'm not sure about this match, Ginny might still survive (barely) a Double Stock charge.

Lost Progress hits straight up buffs too.  Stuff like Ricardo's Strike range boosters and crap get nailed.  The stat topic is misleading.

Does OB have this same problem? I was allowing SN characters to use any of their 3 row abilities in a single battle just for the sake of seeing a skillset.

Yes, but you can't change rows in-battle.  And I'm not talking the mini-battles.  You can't change in an entire SRPG battle.  Letting them change just sounds ridiculous.  If someone from a game can't change equipment in battle in-game, you don't let them change them in battle in the DL.  Lufia 2's a good example since they have skills attached to their equipment.

I was thinking ranged > counters. Though honestly, I didn't put much thought into this one.

Ilyana can counter melee and range.

Pyro

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 11:01:19 PM »
Godlike

Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): Maybe if I were Monkey I would be voting for Yuri, but I'm guessing Ryu just twinks for speed or whatever, goes first, and wins.

Heavy

Tony (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI): Nightshade? Whatever.
Radha Byraban (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): Radha's HP was actually sub-par. She isn't getting a turn.

Middle

Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) vs Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm): Nymph gets usage.
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Damage advantage is too much.
Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): ID. i.e. how Naoto wins if she wins at all.

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Thinking Laura can outslug that.
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isadora (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Burn, FE scrub. Well, maybe "fry" is a better term. Or "Sizzle"?
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series): Have to think the physical damage is enough.
Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia) vs Lulu (Suikoden III): Uh yeah. I have nothing to add here.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 11:55:35 PM »
Godlike

Myria (Breath of Fire Series) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga): Faster, eventually gets GOOD lightning damage, which does bad things to heat...if she didn't start the fight with it (can't remember what besides Death and Holocaust are Low HP moves.)
Virginia Maxwell (Meeple Fantasy 6) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Seem to recall that in an SH Game, almost everything is evadable, so Ginny's M. Block twinking *shrugs*
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia): Can't vote.
Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Arceus (Pokémon): ...ouch.  Talk about being Spoiled.  Arceus, for all his tricks...lacks any way to deal with 100% Instant Death.

Heavy

Tony (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI): Can't vote.
Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Zera-Valmar (Grandia II): Can't vote.
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission): Goes first, rips apart Galcian's HP before he gets a turn.  Galcian HP respect isn't too high <_<
Radha Byraban (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): Can't vote...wait, maybe she was in SRW3 and I can't remember?  ...but then, I've seen very little of Clarissa ANYWAY so it doesn't matter!

Middle

Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) vs Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm): Can't vote...on either.
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood): Think Tails' defensive game is enough here.
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Can't vote.
Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis): Can't vote!

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn): Can't vote.
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isadora (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword): Can't vote...though I've seen some of Labyrinthia or something <_<
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series): Kneejerk.
Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia) vs Lulu (Suikoden III): Kneejerk Mk 2?
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2009, 02:00:06 AM »
SH1 has MEvade, but SH2 and SH3 do not. So my question, personally, becomes "what SH3 spells do you see being evade-subject in FF6?" My answer, personally, is "not Malice Dirge or Calamity Gaze", so Virginia's in trouble.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2009, 02:32:15 AM »
Doesn't OB even allow you to adjust the formations in the SRPG battle, where SN does not? Unless I missed where SN let you.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 02:33:18 AM »
Yeah. SN's rows are locked on the battle maps.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 04:27:50 AM »
SN doesn't let you switch, no.  I don't remember OB allowing it, but it's been awhile since I played, so I'm probably wrong.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 04:31:29 AM »
You couldn't switch in mid combat, but you could switch while on the RTS stage map.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 04:32:30 AM »
Ah, okay.  Yeah, I was thinking you couldn't, so good to know.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 06:54:01 AM »
I restrict characters from both games to 1 move. I figure that duels involving OB characters work like a training battle in OB, where there is no retreating and it runs nonstop until one side is dead.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2009, 03:29:26 AM »
Godlike

Myria (Breath of Fire Series) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga)- Eh, lots of respect for Myria 3's durability/speed.
Virginia Maxwell (Meeple Fantasy 6) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- NE damage of both flavors, Lost Progress... Lady is mean.
Ryu (Breath of Fire III) vs Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia)- No vote.
Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Arceus (Pokémon)- Blah.  Didn't plan out the field right.

Heavy

Tony (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI)- Eh, sure.
Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Zera-Valmar (Grandia II)- No vote.
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Radha Byraban (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)

Middle

Yukiko Amagi (Persona 4) vs Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm)- No vote
Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)- No vote
Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)- Staff regen.  Unless I'm badly mistaken, Vitali has healing in his MAPs, but... yeah.  Doesn't help against the regen.
Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isadora (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)- I'm... just... going to assume Labby 2HKOs and narrowly avoids being 2HKOed herself.
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)- Goes first and... falls just short of 2HKO, but crit/Flare/evading, any of those happening sees Ilyana a win.
Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia) vs Lulu (Suikoden III)- I can haz Lulu respect?  Well, not that much but he's at least average-ish damage even before Sword of Cyclone.  (Also, y'know, Keele.)
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2009, 03:33:24 AM »
Godlike

Myria (Breath of Fire Series) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga)
Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Arceus (Pokémon)

Heavy

Tony (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis) vs Gau (Final Fantasy VI)
Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) vs Zera-Valmar (Grandia II)
Galcian (Skies of Arcadia) vs Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Radha Byraban (Super Robot Taisen Series) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)

Middle

Tengaar (Suikoden Series) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)
Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) vs Flay Gunnar (Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis)

Light

Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) vs Isadora (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series)
<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2009, 03:33:35 PM »
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Ilyana (Fire Emblem Series): 2HKO, Ilyana doesn't... and... I think I give Colette the first attack unless Ilyana wants stuck with Bolting. Ahaha.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2009, 01:33:39 AM »
Godlike

Myria (Breath of Fire Series) vs Heat (Digital Devil Saga)
Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) vs Arceus (Pokémon)

Middle

Danette (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)

Light

Vitali (Soul Nomad & The World Eaters) vs Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!