imageRegister

Author Topic: Bonus matches  (Read 398 times)

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Bonus matches
« on: February 06, 2009, 11:33:18 PM »
**NOTE: Not sure if posting this in week 3 is a good idea- are there going to be new ranking suggestions this week?  If so, then this might be overload and distract people from it.  If not, go for it.**

Dissidia: Norgard Defense Force
by Meeplelard

"Damn it! Why do people still not respect me?" Vaynard shouted at the top of his lungs.  "As the great White Wolf it is my duty under the stars to earn the respect of all those who cower before my presence."

"...sir, might I ask why you are having this outburst NOW?" Guinglain responded. "I mean, its not like the situation has changed at all...for better or worse..."

"But it HAS changed!  See?  That Goddess Cosmos! She didn't pick me as one of her heroes!" Vaynard exclaimed.  "And nor did she choose Duran for that matter!  How can she overlook us?"

"According to my calculations," Wren responded, "it seems that to be chosen by Cosmos, you must be of the 'Final Fantasy' series, and you must have proven yourself to be a noble, and strong warrior....which of course you are, make no mistake."

"Bah, semantics!  As the White Wolf of Norgard and leader of the Norgard Defense Force, I demand to be among those forces!  Duran!"

"Yes, my lord! Me and my ever tactful tactician of...tactfulness in the Fairy are here!"

"We're going to invade this 'Dissidia' world!  You, me, and our two strongest warriors will attack!"

"...sir, might I ask why you aren't just using the entire army?" Guinglain second guessed.

"Cause I said so!"

And so, Duran did exactly that... by which I mean he got Alonso and Gares to help.  Yes, that's right; he chose Alonso and Gares over the great Black Knight of Daein, aka the only actual competent member of the NDF.  Though the Black Knight was hardly complaining.

----

*Sanctum of Order*

"So...guys..where is everyone?"  Bartz said looking around as he saw only the Onion Knight and Firion standing around, "Aren't there suppose to be 10 of us?"

"Did you forget?  The other 7 are busy preparing themselves for whatever their next duel is!  What, haven't you been visiting them there occasionally like me and Firion do?"

"So they're on another adventure and they didn't bring me?"

"...Onion Knight, you might as well stop there.  Trying to explain thing so Bartz can understand them is a dream even *I* won't chase after."  Firion responded, while staring at his Wild Rose.

At this point, Cosmos appeared spontaneously on the spot as she always does.

"We've got some serious problems, guys.  I hate to ask for help when only you three are available, but I don't really have much of a choice.  It seems as though someone is actually trying to invade and force his way into my chosen warriors of light."

"...so why not just reject him?" Firion responded

"Cause he's that stubborn to the point where divine magic doesn't hold him off."

"That's pretty damn stubborn..." Firion responded with a sigh.

"So why not just accept him!  The more the merrier I always say!" Onion Knight followed.

"Because not only is he a total moron..."

"But we already have Bar-" Onion Knight attempted, before being cut off by Cosmos continuing her line.

"...he's hardly fitting of a warrior who deserves to fight Chaos!  Though, it wouldn't shock me if Chaos rejected him, too."

"So basically, we have one really stubborn freak who wants to take us all on, eh?" Bartz replied

"Oh, heavens no!  There are four of them, and they're all of an equal mind on this.  I think there might be a 5th in some fairy, but you can ignore her, she's completely harmless."

"Wait, there's four of them and three of us, isn't that a little unfair?  Not that I don't mind the occasional challenge..." Firion replied.

"Oh, don't worry! I have someone on reserves to even the odds, and she should be here any-..." Cosmos said before being cut off by a loud "OOOOOhohohoho!"

"Well, it seems I have to help you boys.
So why not make this filled with joy?"

"Meet Shantotto.  Yeah, she didn't exactly help you guys fight Chaos, but with the other 7 gone, and my other options being asking Chaos, whom you know I despise, if I could use one of his minions, I think she's clearly the best choice."

"...she's a little small, are you sure she can help us?" Bartz said...only to be hit by a large volcanic eruption out of nowhere.  Rising from the ashes and smoke, Bartz simply said, somewhat crisped "I take that back."

"Anyway, it seems they'll be here soon, so the four of you will have to stop those other idiots." Cosmos said.

And so, the Wild Rose Firion, the little Onion Knight, the Idiot adventurous Mime Bartz, and the Tarutaru Black Mage Shantotto set off to face what might be the hardest challenge yet...and not necessarily for reasons of strength, but only because the shear illogicalness of their opponent puts Kefka to shame.

The question remains, though:

WHO WILL WIN?

-The NDF actually wins.  By nature they cause the balance of order and chaos to be completely out of whack, rendering Cosmos helpless.
-The Warriors of Cosmos successfully face defeat the NDF, as one would expect.
-The few unranked Warriors of Chaos decide to join in on the fun, ONLY CAUSE THEY CAN.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
Re: Bonus matches
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:46:45 AM »
Dissidia: Norgard Defense Force
by Meeplelard

"GOD DAMN IT. All my efforts, all my sweat and all my tears have been wasted! Why won't people give me an ounce of credit!?"

Vaynard's wolfish scowl echoed through the halls. "As the great White Wolf, it is my duty under the stars to earn the respect of all those who cower before my presence! Why isn't it working?"

"...sir, might I ask why you are having this outburst NOW?", Guinglain wearily responded. "I mean, it's not like the situation has changed at all in... all these years. For better or worse, failure has been a standard for us."

"But it HAS changed! See? That Goddess Cosmos! She didn't pick me as one of her heroes!" Vaynard exclaimed.  "And nor did she choose Duran for that matter! How can she overlook us?"

At this point, night crickets loudly chirped. Ignoring the fact it was still high noon.

"According to my calculations," Wren responded, "it seems that to be chosen by Cosmos, you must be of the 'Final Fantasy' series. You also must have proven yourself to be a noble, and strong warrior... n-not saying that you lack these qualities, of course."

The White Wolf grimaced. "Bah, semantics! As the White Wolf of Norgard and leader of the Norgard Defense Force, I DEMAND to be among those forces! Duran!"

"Yes, my lord! Me and my ever tactful tactician of... tactfulness, the Fairy, are here!"

"We're going to invade this 'Dissidia' world!  You, me, and our two strongest warriors will attack!"

Guinglain rolled his eyes and sighed, then directing his glare to Vaynard. "...sir, might I ask? If this is such a big deal, why you aren't just using the entire army?"

"Because I said so!", the White Wolf responded. Bright as ever.

And so, Duran did exactly that... and he got the valuable assets of Alonso and Gares to add to his mighty forces. Yes, that's right; he chose Alonso and Gares over the great Black Knight of Daein, aka the only actual competent member of the NDF! That's tactical acumen for you. Though the Black Knight was hardly complaining.

----

*Sanctum of Order*

"So...guys..where is everyone?",  Bartz said looking around as he saw only the Onion Knight and Firion standing around. "I thought we were supposed to be a group of ten."

"Did you forget? The other 7 are busy preparing themselves for whatever their next duel is! What, haven't you been visiting them there occasionally like me and Firion do?"

"So, they're on another adventure and they didn't let me tag along?"

"...Onion Knight, you might as well stop there. Trying to explain things so Bartz can understand them is a dream even *I* won't chase after", the somewhat sullen Firion responded, while staring at his Wild Rose.

At this point, Cosmos appeared spontaneously on the spot, as she always does.

"We've got some serious problems, guys. I hate to ask for help when only you three are available, but I don't really have much of a choice. It seems someone is actually trying to invade and force his way into my chosen warriors of light."

Firion raised an eyebrow. "...so why not just reject him?"

"He's so stubborn that divine magic is uncapable of fending him off. It's kinda sad, really."

Firion rubbed his temples, sighing. "That's... impressive."

"So, why not just accept him? The more the merrier I always say!" Onion Knight followed.

"I'd consider that. However, he's hopelessly stupid, and -"

"But we already have Bar-", Onion Knight attempted, before being cut off by Cosmos continuing her line.

" - ... AND he's hardly fitting of a warrior who deserves to fight Chaos! Though, it wouldn't shock me if Chaos rejected him, too."

"So basically, we have one really stubborn freak who wants to take us all on, eh?", Bartz replied.

"Oh, heavens no! There are four of them, and they're all of an equal mind on this. I think there might be a fairy somewhere, but you can ignore her, she's completely harmless."

Firion crossed his arms, showing a slight grimace. "Wait, there's four of them and three of us, isn't that a little unfair?" 

Then, he let out a slight smile. "Not that I mind the occasional challenge..."

"Oh, don't worry! I have someone on reserves to even the odds, and she should be here any-..." Cosmos said before being cut off by a loud "OOOOOhohohoho!"

"Well, it seems I have to help you boys. So why not make this filled with joy?"

"Meet Shantotto. Yeah, she didn't exactly help you guys fight Chaos, but with the other 7 gone, and my other options being asking Chaos, whom you know I despise, if I could use one of his minions, I think she's clearly the best choice."

"...she's a little small, are you sure she can help us?", Bartz said...only to be hit by a large volcanic eruption out of nowhere.

Rising from the ashes, the young traveller managed to let out a faint phrase: "... I take that back..."

After which he promptly dozed out again. Cosmos coughed, and continued her lecture. "Anyway, it seems they'll be here soon, so the four of you will have to stop those other idiots."

And so, the Wild Rose Firion, the little Onion Knight, the Idiot adventurous Mime Bartz, and the Tarutaru Black Mage Shantotto set off to face what might be the hardest challenge yet...and not necessarily for reasons of strength, but only because the shear illogicalness of their opponent puts Kefka to shame.

The question remains, though:

WHO WILL WIN?

-The NDF actually wins. They naturally throw the balance of order and chaos completely out of whack, rendering Cosmos helpless.
-The Warriors of Cosmos successfully face defeat the NDF, as one would expect.
-The few unranked Warriors of Chaos decide to join in on the fun, JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....