Register

Author Topic: Tourney of Interest Season 7 Week 4  (Read 1714 times)

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
Tourney of Interest Season 7 Week 4
« on: February 16, 2009, 01:40:15 AM »
Myria- vi v Heat- viii
Ginny- ii v Lady- iii
Ryu- ii v Yuri- ii (bot-flip)
Tir- x v Arceus- i

Tony- i v Gau- x
DH- iiii v Zera
Galcian- iiii v Marino- iiii- bot-flipped
Radha- ii v Clarissa- iiii

Yukiko v Iris- ii
Tengaar v Tails- iii
Danette- ii v Leonardo- iii
Naoto- vii v Flay

Vitali- ii v Laura- iii
Labby- vi v Isadora- ii
Colette- viiii v Ilyana- iii
Keele- v v Lulu- iiii

Moving on.

Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard)
Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF)
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia)

Happy (lack of) voting.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest Season 7 Week 4
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:44:02 AM »
Lady
Marino
Colette. Keele blows and robbed Lulu blind.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:47:36 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:47:16 AM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World): Yup. Probably just one-rounds or something.

Heavy

Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): Marino's not as fast as you'd expect. So this is a Clarissa type of match.

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF): Need to look up stats here. Probably Laura? Unless I slap her with the level penalty of doom she'd have in-game!

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 02:25:52 AM »
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series): Yuri can tweak his gear to boost his M. Def enough that Tir barely misses the one shot with Judegment.  And the World Charm makes ID a 50% chance.  Though I'll allow the universal blocker to stop ID since Fatal Strikes exist.

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 02:54:38 AM »
Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Goes first and makes Heat explode.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Taishyr

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 02:55:58 AM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Steamrolls.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) - uh.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 03:19:23 AM »
Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) - If there's anyone who can vote on this, I'll be impressed.

Light

-Djinn

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 04:59:32 AM »
Godlike
Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Doesn't even need to use stock to double-act!

Heavy

Light
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia)- WTF Keele won? WTF Keele got 5 votes?
...into the nightfall.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 05:11:13 AM »
Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) - Climax is no good, Magic Pot has full healing, Petrify's no good, storebought blocker, Ecstasy... I don't respect the accuracy or duration of DH's binds enough to see that as an option here.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:25:12 AM by Random Consonant »

Pyro

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series): There IS no universal blocker. Well, there is the one (?) you can pick up per playthrough if you do all the antlion stuff but that hardly counts. Anyways, I'm not sure Yuri can twink his Mdef to survive Judgement (he can only get up to 110% effective Mdurability or so? Somewhere around there). I suppose this is within the realm of reason if you see World Charm halving ID, but I don't.

Heavy

Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF): Clarissa wins the quickdraw again.

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood): The voting on this will be epic. EPIC.
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4): Well, Leo reduces the ID by 10%, but she gets 2 shots of it... I don't know, to be honest. A point in Leo's favor is that he gets around the auto-Endure by doubling.

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF): She probably deserves a level penalty.
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia): Whatever. Tales fighter vs. Tales mage not named Rita Mordio.

Happy (lack of) voting.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 12:16:09 PM by Cryo »

Nitori

• Denizen
  • The only thing YOU'RE onto is your mot-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 12:14:04 PM »

Godlike

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard)

Middle

- Tallychu this is why you should have played SONIC PLOT
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - ~

Light

<Ko-NitoriisSulpher> roll 1d100 to grade Nitori?
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Ko-NitoriisSulpher rolls 1d100 to grade Nitori? and gets 100." [1d100=100]

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 02:17:20 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Lady.  Yeah, while I don't see her Wind-based attack hitting weakness...it doesn't matter.  Heat's great, but stat effects are worthless, she's faster...yeah.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) - Yuri.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) - No vote!
Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) - Marino...probably opts for Beam Chakram S.  She still overkills with it against Clarissa durability.

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood) - DAMN YOU AI3
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - Naoto.  +9 LUC with Algernon and armour (once I finish testing it all!) owns - ID should be more than enough, and she's not getting EXA'd, like, ever (+9 AGI puts her above Yosuke).

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) - Laura.  Staff healing.  Laura is awesome.
Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia) - Colette.  Yeah...Tales mage vs. Tales fighter.
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
Godlike

Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series): There IS no universal blocker. Well, there is the one (?) you can pick up per playthrough if you do all the antlion stuff but that hardly counts. Anyways, I'm not sure Yuri can twink his Mdef to survive Judgement (he can only get up to 110% effective Mdurability or so? Somewhere around there). I suppose this is within the realm of reason if you see World Charm halving ID, but I don't.

Tweaking will give Yuri a higher M.Def then Judith who has a 108% modifier.  Plus Assassin.  Though bleh to the 1 blocker, thought that thing was synthable.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 05:28:34 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Lady goes first, I believe?
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series) - Don't see ID halving doing anything against Tir's ID anyways.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard) - Can't see any way Dark Hunter wins, offhand.  Gau blocks Stone and outstalls.  Dark Hunter can go whips and use a bind to stop Rage (I'd see one of them hitting it, probably Head Bind), but proceed to be pitiful on damage until Gau recovers and Rages and them game over.
Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF) - Probably can vote on this by the end of the week?

Middle

Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4) - How's Leo reduce the ID by 10%?  I don't think it matters anyways, though.  Even if the first ID misses, he needs to kill on his first turn, which requires the first attack to either crit or Deadeye, which is like a 30% chance.

Light

Laura (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Labyrinthia Wordsworth (Wild ARMs XF) - Doubles + good MDur.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »
Godlike

Heat (Digital Devil Saga) vs Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- Double acts + general wtfness.
Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia) vs Tir McDohl (Suikoden Series)- No vote.

Heavy

Gau (Final Fantasy VI) vs Dark Hunter (Etrian Odyssey 2: Heroes of Lagaard)- No vote.
Marino (Mega Man X: Command Mission) vs Clarissa Arwin (Wild ARMs XF)- And Clarissa beats a likely soon-to-be Godlike~

Middle

Iris Fortner (Atelier Iris 3: Grand Fantasm) vs Miles 'Tails' Prowler (Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood)- No vote.
Leonardo (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) vs Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)- *15 minutes of messy, possibly erroneous calculations* huh, guess Leo can't finish her in one round.  Makes a good show of it though.

Light

Colette Brunel (Tales of Symphonia) vs Keele Ziebel (Tales of Eternia)- Goddammit Keele you can't even beat Colette.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.