Author Topic: Razzly vs. Miki (both)  (Read 377 times)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Razzly vs. Miki (both)
« on: March 01, 2009, 11:44:46 PM »
Razzly:
The giggling has always been a front. Unsuspecting prey would always be lured in by the faerfolk's joyous demeanor. Dwarves, dragons, men. All were fools when faced with the smiling features of a young fairy. But the day would come when the mask would fall, Razzly's true form to be revealed! Like a falling RazStar, the fairy was as a horrifying beast... an eldritch terror older than time itself. Bending the laws of nature to her will, the air would tremble, the flora twisted. Her poor mortal opponent held no weakness over the ancient fairy, no magic that might save her delicate sanity before being devoured for all time.

Miki:
Perhaps I was worn from too-long hours spent studying late into the evening? Could it be? I had heard tales of ancient faerfolk with unfathomable power, but surely they had been just that - tales. Tales of black rituals and forgotten magical horrors; trees that devoured their victims and the chill of the vacuum of space. But no, I was a successful dancer, I didn't have time for this kind of superstition. In the morning, after the nightmares have faded, surely my duelling match will be a simple affair. After all, I'm fighting but an innocent, laughing child! Yet this nagging in the back of my dreams makes my sleep troubled and fitful...

I'm not sure what weird experimental writing bug hit me today, but I was trying to parody Lovecraft... Probably needs some serious editing. ...then again, Lovecraft writing isn't exactly praise-worthy.

-Djinn

Yakumo

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Razzly vs. Miki (both)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 03:59:48 AM »
Given the writing style he was going for this seems fine, from what little Lovecraft I've actually read, and the lengths are already matched.