Author Topic: Please, someone help. >.<  (Read 1181 times)

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
Please, someone help. >.<
« on: July 09, 2009, 06:33:29 PM »
This has been annoying me to no end. Whenever I post something in a text box with a scroll bar, just like the one I'm writing in now, whenever I try to type something, it constantly tries to scroll up, making me unable to see what I'm typing. The worst is when I try to highlight something, it ends up highlighting everything to the point where it stops scrolling up, making it disgustingly hard to actually bold/italic/underline anything.

It's driving me insane, can anyone offer a solution, or atleast tell me why it's doing this? I tried resetting my Internet's default settings, but that didn't work.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Please, someone help. >.<
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 06:49:50 PM »
I dunno about your scroll issue (not my specialty; I'd instinctively blame Windows) but you don't need to highlight to bold/italics. typing out [b], [/b], [i], and [/i] works just fine.

ThePiggyman

• Denizen
  • The Lonely People (Are Getting Lonelier)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 06:59:58 PM »
Wow, I don't know if that's what fixed, but changing my keyboard settings seems to have actually stopped the problem. o.o

Thanks regardless mc, I'll keep that in mind in case this happens again.
Quote from: DjinnAndTonic
Quote from: OblivionKnight
if you believe in being a GOOD PERSON

If we believed in that, we wouldn't be forcing world-saving hero to fight eachother to the death for our amusement.

metroid composite

• m_ACac
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »
Keyboard settings--yeah, makes sense.  It sounded like the page-up key was being held or something.

And I actually find typing the faster way to add bold/italics since I don't need to take my hand off the keyboard.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »
Speaking of needing help! I've got some glitched folders (don't ask how, dunno) on my desktop that cause it to constantly have to refresh; the folders themselves can't be moved or deleted, at least not in the less than a second it takes before forcing my desktop to refresh again. In fact, I can't do anything because of this; any Explorer windows are part of what's refreshed. I've already restarted, and already tried Safe Mode.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Twilkitri

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »
Can you go into a command prompt and
Code: [Select]
cd %userprofile%\desktop
dir
and see if the folders in question are there? If so you might be able to remove them/equivalent from the command prompt without worry about the refreshments. If they're not you could try replacing %userprofile% with %allusersprofile% and %public% to check a couple other locations.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 11:25:09 PM »
Can you go into a command prompt and
Code: [Select]
cd %userprofile%\desktop
dir
and see if the folders in question are there? If so you might be able to remove them/equivalent from the command prompt without worry about the refreshments. If they're not you could try replacing %userprofile% with %allusersprofile% and %public% to check a couple other locations.

Messing with command prompts. Ew.

Anyways, with practice I managed to be fast enough to open some programs in the gap, slowing things down enough that I quickly dragged the folder into another one that I don't really ever access. So I just have to figure out how to get it out of there sometime.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.