Register

Author Topic: Season 52 downgrade pools  (Read 1540 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Season 52 downgrade pools
« on: June 26, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
Haven't made this topic in several seasons. We've got a neat batch of fighters in the pool, so it's worth a try to restart.

Heavy/Godlike:

Lucia (Suikos), Kratos (ToS), Chaos (FF1), Deis (BoFs), Zero (MMXCM), Asellus (Saga)

Middle/Heavy:

Auron (FFX), Vayne (MK), Jr. (XS), Yuber (S3), Nash (Lunar:SSSC), Flay (MK)

Light/Middle:

Blastoise (PKMN), Yang (FF4), Frog (CT), Milda (G1), Garet (GS), Mia (Lunar:SSSC)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Season 52 downgrade pools
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 06:59:46 PM »
Heavy/Godlike:

How I'm voting:

Chaos>Deis>Zero=Lucia>Asellus

Chaos sweeps. Don't think I see Deis quite 2HKOing in BoF1. BoF2 is just dead. Deis handles the rest pretty easily. Zero beats Asellus (Nastier transformation), loses to Lucia (Too damn slow out of the gate). Asellus gets blitzed by Lucia.

How I think it'll go:

Kratos and Lucia down, Zero and Asellus up.

Middle/Heavy:

How I'll vote:

Nash>Yuber>Jr>Vayne>Flay>Auron

Nash statuses everyone, Yuber evades the rest. Jr I allow the XS3 form for, so Phantom Fly shuts down the rest. If I didn't allow it, he'd be swept so badly. Vayne has too much damage for Auron/Flay. Defense down offsets power break, and he's a bit faster which works to his advantage. Could flip on that one, but.. yeah.

How I think it'll go:

Nash up, Jr down, Flay stays down. Flay's like a 3.7-8 borderliner who ran into a really nasty pool. That happens. JR is not a heavy without XS3.

Light/Middle:

Blastoise (PKMN), Yang (FF4), Frog (CT), Milda (G1), Garet (GS), Mia (Lunar:SSSC)

How I'll vote:

Yang>Garet>Milda>Frog=Blastoise=Mia

Yang immunes Garet's status and is actually tough enough to outslug even without sleep. Garet is.. not really a light. Super accurate status and a uber defense buff do that! He smashes the rest of the field. Milda needs her ID to beat Mia but gets the two turns, thanks to scrubby Mia damage and Mia having to ice shell to prevent getting splattered by Milda Hit. She crushes Blastoise and IDs Frog. Frog should be able to take Mia. He has magic damage and won't be 2HKOed by her no matter what, so it's his fight to lose. Blastoise vs Mia gets a kneejerk Mia vote for now, but that fight is hideous failure  and takes way too long to resolve.

How I think it'll go:

Garet up, Blastoise down, Mia stays down. Frog may tank but has decent arguments against enough of the field to keep him alive.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 02:17:48 AM »
H/G

Deis > Chaos > Lucia > Zero

Deis beats Chaos. Decent chance she 2HKOs (NE magic) and she doesn't even have to. Chaos can't 2HKO her awesome HP, and Crack hits her awesome MDef. Deis1 is quite a mean slugger, and she spoils here. She has more trouble with Zero, but still think she manages due to HP. Lucia can't one-round so yeah.

Chaos weathers Lucia's offence and 2HKOs at worst. He also spoils Absolute Zero, 2HKOs Black Zero, and certainly isn't dying on Zero's second turn of Black Zero damage.

Lucia should one-round Zero.

M/H

Nash sweeps with status. Yay. 5-0
Yuber evades everybody else. 4-1.
Vayne one-rounds Flay in Overrealm, but just plain runs out of SP to use GT/MT damage against Auron. 2-3
Flay can load up on Buster Stars and lean on his Blocking + HP to beat Auron. 2-3
Auron tanks Vayne, but not Flay. 2-3
Jr. needs to get out. 0-5

L/M

Milda > Frog > Blastoise = Mia = Yang

Milda smash. ID gets Frog at worst.

Frog just heals out of trouble, and status immunity spoils Yang.

No clue about Mia/Blastoise, but probably Blastoise? It takes her aaages to kill him (water + fire + ice resistance). She might resist his damage too, but it's a fair bit better. And it's possible she doesn't resist Water, I can never recall which element she gave up to equip the Wind Cane.

Mia makes Blastoise tink.

Yang against elemental weaknesses + status vulnerabilities actually feels like a Middle, and Blastoise is a pretty bad one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:49:55 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 02:59:19 AM »
Yang's damage is a 3HKO in 4o and he's pretty durable. That should beat Milda/Blastoise.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 03:16:32 AM »
Yang has half average damage in 4a, which gets him owned by Frog.

EDIT: For a non-catty response, Milda can ID Yang at worst (she has great HP, Yang isn't killing her before then regardless of damage). Blastoise I'll await more numbers on.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:19:52 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 03:35:24 AM »
Yang has a good 2HKO against Blastoise and that has a chance to inflict status. Going first just seals the fight. 4o Yang vs Milda... she can tank his accuracy somewhat by immuning sleep and forcing him to go Charm claw/poison claw. He should get enough shots to charm her thanks to Milda speed.

(4a) Milda is getting pretty constantly doubled and has to actually physically hit; 4a Yang has decent evade which is bad news there. Frog could outheal there. Mmm, I bet he does in fact? Even with constant doubles he does have physical defense. He should have the resources to win that, though I should number crunch that some.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 03:48:48 AM »
Not at all sure I allow the Charm Claw (definitely don't for Edge, Yang... maaybe). It's moot, as Milda can block both Confuse and Sleep. You know I don't agree with your method of scaling temps. I see Yang having equal damage to Kain (lol) and Cecil (less lol). He's still not making a 3HKO, though, since Cecil doesn't. I forgot he could equip both Lightning and Sleep weapons, though, so yeah, beats Blastoise.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 09:19:01 PM »
Heavy/Godlike:
Lucia (Suikos), Kratos (ToS),  Deis (BoFs), Zero (MMXCM)

Kratos>Deis>Lucia>Zero

I can vote on the other two, but DoS Chaos=I have clue, and Asellus is floating is the mystery that is Saga stats.

Middle/Heavy:

Generally agree with NEB here, although might switch Auron vs Flay since Auron halving Flay's damage at the start doesn't work so well for Flay.

So Nash 5-0
Yuber 4-1
Auron 3-2
Vayne 1-4
Flay 2-3
Jr 0-5

Light/Middle:

Milda beats all (ID weapon takes care of Frog and Mia)
Frog beats everyone else.
Then Yang, who sleeps lock everyone left.
Blastoise is next. Tanks Mia's damage, and is faster than Garet, tanks his damage, and 2HKO.
Garet beats Mia, since she has to give us the Fire halving to go faster, and gets outslugged otherwise.

Milda 5-0
Frog 4-1
Yang 3-2
Blastoise 2-3
Garet 1-4 (The the two Lights could really play in Middle too. This field just all deserves Middle. Sigh).
Mia 0-5
...into the nightfall.

Sir Donald 3.2

• Wanting some Kingdom conquering
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 04:20:40 AM »
A pool where I can vote on a lot, a pool where I can vote on a little, and a pool where I can vote on none at all.  (I'll have to remember to check back next week...)

H/G:

Chaos > Zero:  I allow Curaja to be cast at will.  Therefore, Zero would have to OHKO to 11.7 x Avg Dam.  Black Zero only does 6.28x (Absolute Zero is resisted by Chaos.)

M/H:  The pool where I cannot vote.

L/M:

How I'm probably leaning:

Frog > Yang > Blastoise > Garet

Frog:  Has Full Healing and Status Immunity.  And decent attack with Desperation Options.  And ok Speed.  (Notably, although he's slower than Blastoise by my FF5 conversion, Frog wins the Limit Quick-draw, i.e. Blasty needs 2 turns to execute the limit (1st turn is Rain Dance to get Hydro Cannon into OHKO territory) while Froggie only needs 1.  Also, thinking that Froggie's new toy from the DS should cover any resource conflicts.)

Yang:  Goes first, can put people to Sleep, and can charge damage (over a turn) for added effect.  (Now that's a wake-up call.)  The fact that Blasty is weak to Lightning is a good bonus.  Can't get around Frog's Status Immunity or Healing at all.

As for Blasty vs Garet, Garet can stick quite a few statuses on Blasty via Dijinn, but FRLG Blasty can answer right back with Rain Dance... and can also mess up Garet's timing re: Fever in some cases.   Also, going last in a Turn-Based system really puts a lot of pressure on a guy.

Not sure whether Blasty stays or gets demoted for Garet, but the other 2 should survive.  (No opinion on the other other two.)