Register

Author Topic: Nosy Questions 2009  (Read 6458 times)

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
Re: Nosy Questions 2009
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »
10. And the worst?
God.  Holy crap, you did what to your son?  You've got some issues.

Greatest. Answer. Ever.

Veryslightlymad

• CONCEPTUALIZATION [Challenging: Success]
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Shitposts are a type of art for webforums
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2009, 03:10:49 AM »
1. Do you plan to get married?
a.If so, how far down the line do you think it'll be.
b. If no, can you imagine yourself changing your mind.

~Yes. Probably sometime in my 30s. GOD I'M ALREADY 25!!!

For the next few questions, suppose you intended to get married.  No fun if you just say "not at all lol" y'know.

2. What sort of wedding would you want?  That is, where on the scale of "gigantic money sucking extravaganza" to "simple courthouse marriage license get" to "Vegas, baby" would you fall.
~Either elope or have a small wedding. People who go crazy over weddings are scary.

3. Your spouse-to-be approaches you and requests that you change your name.  How do you respond?
a. How would you respond if they wanted to take your name?

~Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you.
a. The choice to change their name is up to them.

4. Your potential spouse has children from a previous relationship.  Is this an issue?
~Yes. Not because I can't see myself being a step father. More because I sincerely doubt I could date someone with kids.

5. Do you intend to have children?
a. If so, how large a problem would a potential spouse being unable to have them be.
b. If no, suppose your hypothetical spouse change their mind and wanted them.  How do you respond?

~Yes.
a.It'd make me feel kinda bad, but it's a silly, stupid reason to hurt a relationship, so I'd get over it.
b.N/A

As before, assume you are going to have children for the following questions.

6. What sort of environment do you raise your children in?  That is, in terms of neighboorhood, proximity to family, and so on.
~What I can afford to. If I can be close to more family, then I do it. If I can afford a quieter neighborhood, then I do it.

7. Your spouse suggest that your children take their names from each of your, girls for the mother and boys for the father (apologies if this doesn't apply to you).  How do you respond?  Why?
~First name: WTF? Burn in hell. Last name: Honestly, this is a scenario I never really thought of. That actually sounds vaguely fair, because double-last names are dumb.

8. If you could guarantee that your children would learn one value, what would it be?
~Optimism.

Okay, some easy questions to finish things off.

9. Who are the best parents in fiction?
~These questions are easier? Liar. Uh.....
You know, I'm gonna follow the "Weasley" bandwagon. Probably as close as you could come to MY parents that I've seen so far, and I basically use my parents as a measuring stick for good-parenting. I have been truly blessed.

10. And the worst?
Nope. Can't think of someone as bad as real parents who keep kids locked in a closet their whole lives until they turn into emaciated feral beasts.

Bobbin Cranbud

• Denizen
    • View Profile
    • The Writing of Joshua Cole
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2009, 09:28:48 PM »
1. Do you plan to get married? 

Want, yes.  Plan, unfortunately, may be somewhat different due to the circumstances of the past year.

a.If so, how far down the line do you think it'll be.

Within the next decade if I can swing it.

For the next few questions, suppose you intended to get married.  No fun if you just say "not at all lol" y'know.

2. What sort of wedding would you want?  That is, where on the scale of "gigantic money sucking extravaganza" to "simple courthouse marriage license get" to "Vegas, baby" would you fall.

Cast of thousands Cecil B. DeMille style, everyone my intended and I have ever been acquainted with arrayed around a Baroque-and-Art-Deco-fusion cathedral built specifically for the purpose.  In space, but spun so there's gravity.  Afterward, we would repair to the grand ballroom on the other side of our Larange Point palace to host the wedding reception.

But assuming my funds don't somehow become unlimited and her dowry isn't the size of a small nation's GDP, probably a medium-sized family-and-friends church wedding.

3. Your spouse-to-be approaches you and requests that you change your name.  How do you respond?

Absolutely not.  I'd try to use logic to persuade her of my position, and failing that we'd probably have a big argument. :P

a. How would you respond if they wanted to take your name?

I would expect this and think it odd to have to bring it up.  Unless she was an aristocrat, in which case I would expect her name to be hyphenated.

4. Your potential spouse has children from a previous relationship.  Is this an issue?

Yes, but mostly because I can't see myself paying court to a young lady who had children from a previous relationship.

5. Do you intend to have children?

Yes.

a. If so, how large a problem would a potential spouse being unable to have them be.

Fairly, but not insurmountable.

6. What sort of environment do you raise your children in?  That is, in terms of neighboorhood, proximity to family, and so on.

In our Larange Point orbital palace, with our families granted their own wings, obviously!

But going back to the 'non-unlimited funds' thing, I would want to remain close to both our immediate families if possible, particularly mine.  Obviously I'd want a safe neighborhood, and if I could swing a move to Great Britain I'd probably do it so the kids could grow up in a country I think likely to fare better in their lifetime (and also enjoy living in).

7. Your spouse suggest that your children take their names from each of your, girls for the mother and boys for the father (apologies if this doesn't apply to you).  How do you respond?  Why?

That sounds... cumbersome and weird.  If we're talking first names, I suppose that would be fine although I'd push for other options.  If last names, obviously not based on my responses above.

8. If you could guarantee that your children would learn one value, what would it be?

Honor.

Okay, some easy questions to finish things off.

9. Who are the best parents in fiction?

Aral and Cordelia Vorkosigan.

10. And the worst?

Gendo Ikari, and Yui is either not much better or just as bad depending on interpretation.  Honorable mention to Karen(/Miang, though, which gives her a semi-pass) "I systematically subject my son to physical and mental torture make him a living weapon" and Khan "I'm away so often I don't notice the aforementioned" Wong, but they don't quite manage the inexcusable, consistent, long-term holy shit what bastardy of the Ikaris.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:36:01 PM by Bobbin Cranbud »
Read my webnovel, Eye Opener, now available on RoyalRoad.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
Since I didn't understand the question apparently...

I would not want the family to have different names for different children. Regardless of the name of the family, I feel like everyone should have the same name.

And I think that if I were marrying someone named Smith or Jones or something I might have to push a little more strongly for "hey, you should take my (awesome evil) name". I would also propose just making one up but I like my last name well enough not to.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 07:00:27 AM »
Act 1: Married with Children

1. Do you plan to get married?   Yes.  Well.  I'd like to, I don't feel confident saying that it will.
a.If so, how far down the line do you think it'll be.  Ideally within the next three or four years.  Yeah, no.

2. What sort of wedding would you want?  That is, where on the scale of "gigantic money sucking extravaganza" to "simple courthouse marriage license get" to "Vegas, baby" would you fall.  Immediate family and friends sounds about right.  Is it odd that I'd give serious consideration to extending a blanket invitation to you people?

3. Your spouse-to-be approaches you and requests that you change your name.  How do you respond?  Not my first choice, but... I dunno, I think I could be argued.
a. How would you respond if they wanted to take your name?  Weirded out.

4. Your potential spouse has children from a previous relationship.  Is this an issue?  Yeah.  I dunno, like... I feel like I'm not really the guy to try for step-dad, y'know?  Feel like I was trying to steal away someone else's kids.

5. Do you intend to have children? Yeah.
a. If so, how large a problem would a potential spouse being unable to have them be.  Pretty big.  I don't think I can say much more than that without staring it in the face.

6. What sort of environment do you raise your children in?  That is, in terms of neighboorhood, proximity to family, and so on.  Y'know, for all I kinda like the rural thing myself, I'm not sure that being so cut off from other kids is the right thing.  I haven't done a lot else though, so not sure what to think there.  Family... well.  I just know I don't want it to be a situation where they're doing more to raise my kids than I am.  Beyond that, who knows.

7. Your spouse suggest that your children take their names from each of your, girls for the mother and boys for the father (apologies if this doesn't apply to you).  How do you respond?  Why?  I hadn't thought of it before, but I kinda like what NEB said.  I mean, it's not really about the kids (your name is your name, it's changing it suddenly and losing that part of your idenity that's significant) but about... not favoring one family over another over something silly like who happens to be the father.

8. If you could guarantee that your children would learn one value, what would it be?  Insight.  In particular, being able and willing to look at both sides of things and seeing why people would believe both ways.  I feel like if you can do that, acknowledge someone even if you don't agree with them, everything else falls into place naturally.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »
8. If you could guarantee that your children would learn one value, what would it be?  Insight.  In particular, being able and willing to look at both sides of things and seeing why people would believe both ways.  I feel like if you can do that, acknowledge someone even if you don't agree with them, everything else falls into place naturally.

That is called Empathy, not Insight.  Edit - You know, just saying.
NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.