Register

Poll

Bouns Round: Lycia vs. Tellius

Lycia (Eliwood, Hector, Lyn, Roy)
3 (25%)
Tellius (Elincia, Ike9, Ike10, Micaiah)
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Fire Emblem Matchups: Lords!  (Read 5658 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Matchups: Lords!
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »
Assassin's are actually much blander than Lords; they're all the same Speed whores who rely on crits one way or another build, frankly.

Could try the villains thing, except it'd be filled with a good deal of spoilers and...yeah...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 09:38:18 PM »
Yeah, I don't think you'd get anything interesting out of a group from one class. As Ultradude said, lords had a lot of variety; people in one class... usually don't.

As for as the bonus goes? Pretty sure Tellius takes it. To start with, every Tellius lord can one-on-one a corresponding Elibe lord and win, while the reverse isn't true. Additionally, Tellius has healers, which allow it to exchange blows and still come out ahead on their own phase - every action taken by Elibe on their phase will lead to a counter and contribute to their own death, with the exception of attacking Elincia from range. In the end, Hector can't really do much and Eliwood with Javelin sucks, so it comes down to Lyn + Roy vs. Ike10 + Ike9 + Micaiah, the latter using Nosferatu to generally be a pest and healing on her own turns. Seems lopsided overall.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 09:44:03 PM »
hmm...maybe NonLord unique classes?  Naturally, Dancers and things that are brutally overpowered (FE7 Archsage anyone?) would be excluded.

Not sure if there's enough to fill this in though.  Offhand, there's Sanaki, Volke (FE10, at least), Fa, Myrrh, Elincia (FE9 specifically)...guess you could branch off and choose characters who are unique within their own game (for example, Canas and Rath in FE7 are the only Druid and Nomad Trooper offhand, IIRC)

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2008, 02:33:09 AM »
The first idea that came to my mind would be Heavies, since that's generally the most interesting group of duellers.  It overlaps pretty heavily with Lords though; dunno if there'd be enough people to be worthwhile once you toss them out.  You'd also have to guesstimate rankings for the unranked games.

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2008, 08:11:51 PM »
* Gatewalker punts UD

Was not expecting FE10 spoilers in this topic. >_<
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2008, 01:10:53 AM »
*Is summarily punted*

Er, um, yeah, sorry 'bout that. Anyway to make text disappear on these boards though?

Anyways, I'll agree on the Tellius winning thing. They've got healers, and Lyn can't counterattack anyone else if she decides to try and off Elincia early on. Having a full team of ranged attackers + a healer is pretty much an easy win for Tellius, especially because Elibe has Eliwood as basically the least useful of the lords.

Too bad all the Jeigans are paladins, or we could do that... having the latest possible joining PC from each game would give some powerful characters I think, though I'm not sure if that's got any path or challenge level splits.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2008, 04:28:40 AM »
In fairness, Sothe's not a Paladin!  Though, yeah, he's the only one really, unless we go before FE6, where I think the FE5 Jeigan was a Swordmaster or something.

Not to mention it'd be rather one sided, since Titania is pretty cleanly the best of them, given she's the same build, just you know, stats aren't crappy endgame <_<.

If you want to remove text, click on that nice edit button.

Ultradude

• Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2008, 02:39:29 PM »
Rather make the text invisible to be highlighted, but replaced the two noteworthy spoilers with *spoiler boss*. Lekain isn't a very important villain.

Can't do characters that pair up with the lords, since each has a couple to them outside of maybe FE10. And yeah, Jeigan tournament would probably be a pretty clear Titania>Seth>Sothe>Marcus7>Marcus6.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 07:05:59 PM »
Is Seth > Sothe though? I wanna say Sothe doubles and has enough damage to make the doubling not insignificant, combined with better ranged damage (Forged Silver Knight > Javelin) and Evade, I'd think Sothe would be more suited for most of the opponents there.

Ultradude

• Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 01:07:05 AM »
Maybe I'm misremembering Seth in general but... yeah, forgot about knives. Having the ranged attack option helps when ranged axes and lances tend to fail pretty hard. And now that I check, yeah, Seth is pretty slow. Probably just FE8's lack of difficulty playing with my mind, since anyone not named Deussel, Garcia, Knoll or Dozla never gets doubled in game. So yeah, knives at least probably toss Sothe ahead of Titania I think, and the rest of the order stays the same.

Again, it's all paladins though. Bosses are the only way to get variety, I think, unless you want to get into the positions characters have in the plot, like main love interests of lords etc. which are generally way too arguable. The only GBA FE lord who has a near canon love interest is Eliwood and she... uh... dances.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »
As a random side note, Seth doesn't get Axes.  FE8 Paladins had Sword/Lances only, it was Generals and Great Knights that got the full triangle.
Not sure it largely matters as Hand Axes aren't the most accurate of things and Sothe's got at least some evade and...yeah.

Also, regarding the villain spoilers thing?
Lekain is one of the more prominent villains, really.  Clearly the main antagonist for most of the game.  Now, granted, not worth spoiler tagging him since he's pretty clearly against you rather early on (heck, its obvious something is up with him after his first scene with Sanaki in Part 1), and there's no MYSTARY!!! aspect to it, though some plot related to him is a bit spoilery, albeit, not something that'd come up in a topic like this.  Either way, not a character worth tagging, really.