Register

Author Topic: Rate this game in the DL: FF4 and CT  (Read 5301 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Rate this game in the DL: FF4 and CT
« on: February 06, 2008, 07:05:47 PM »
DQ8 and DDS
BoF1 and SO2
FFX and PS4
FFT and SoA
S3 and FE7

We've had various incarnations of this topic over the years, measuring how much you like a game's cast/what'd you rank from the game/how much you respect the duellers, etc. Well, we haven't had one of these in a while so I figured I'd restart the topic to give us something to talk about during the downtime. Archived topics are listed above. Feel free to bump up and vote on older topics.

TWo of the game's strongest draws hail from the era of sprites and Mortal Kombat, the SNES. Chrono Trigger's been a wonderful draw in the DL, the best non FF game without question. For all of it's pull, it's not had much in the way of impact- the game doesn't get in often, and it's most popular character has struggled since upgrading to Godlike after season 10.

The domination of the lower divisions by Final Fantasy 4 has been one of the DL's biggest storylines. Palom, Porom, Yang and Cid have all made it to the light finals. Rubicant, Valvalis, Rosa, Rydia, and Cecil have all gotten to the Heavy finals, with all but Cecil earning upgrades over the seasons. It's also a game that has drawn a lot of hate- the temps vary vastly in respect depending on what form is given and how it's scaled, Zeromus has committed a rob or two in his day,and the other two fiends get about as much respect as you'd expect.

Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller:
Least favorite dueller:

Strongest dueller:
Weakest dueller:

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:

A character you'd like to see added to the game:
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game:

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller:
Least favorite dueller:

Strongest dueller:
Weakest dueller:

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:

A character you'd like to see added to the game:
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game:

---

Also, suggest ideas for what to use in the next round.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rate this game in the DL: FF4 and CT
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 07:27:01 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Mmm. Edge, Palom, Edge, Palom.. I'll go with Edge. Both were grossly overpowered for their respective divisions, both got massively overdue runs and finally upgraded recently, but writing for Edge has always been a treat.
Least favorite dueller: Cangazzo. Not only is he boring, he's also not even comically bad like Milon. Not worth talking about in the DL ever.

Strongest dueller: Rubicant. The elemental problems definitely keep him in check, but he's the best.
Weakest dueller: Oh christ. Tellah. Zero respect for his durability. Milon at least is okay on that front!

Favorite moment in the DL with this game:  Edge's role in the 'Justice' bonus. Hell, pretty much any of his major plot arcs. (Vs Alys, vs Rune, fighting Orlandu..) If you mean in the actual DL, Palom kicking the shit out of light was great.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:  This is old, but Lenneth losing to Zeromus. Much as I like FF4 and hate Lenneth Valkyrie, that match was just all kinds of wrong.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Baigan?! I have nothing.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: I could live without Cagnazzo but he's not horrible like Golbez was.

One of my favorite DL games. It has strong, interesting duellers in all four divisions and is a top flight draw. FF4a's emergence provided a much needed boost to the temp cast and gave them easy to interprete forms besides for Tellah, but no one cares about him.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: ...Marle? Probably. Pathetic.
Least favorite dueller: Dalton. Much as I dislike Lucca, Magus, Flea and Robo, Dalton's complete lameness and ability to get wins in middle always leaves me ready to punch something. Lavos doesn't bother me anymore though!

Strongest dueller: Lavos? I'll go with that.
Weakest dueller: Slash's endgame form is utterly pathetic.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Sort of a general DL thing, but the cast has been very good about not robbing people. I thought Robo/Tris would go the other way, along with some other fights over the years. Glad it isn't the wrecking ball it was in the RPGP.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Crono over Justin. If you're ever wondering where the start of the Rune/Justin slapfight came from, it was that match.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: NA.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: I'd have said Lavos 15 seasons ago, but I'm cool with him now. I could live without Flea and Slash though.

Definitely a DL footnote. The near universal distaste CT caused in literally just about everyone in the RPGP bled into the DL- look at how little the game gets in relative to it's drawing and popularity. It could stand to get in more, but eh.

Oh, and Robo is still lame.

Suggestions for next time: VP1 and VP2.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

Dhyerwolf

• Mod Board Access
  • Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:34 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Oh yeah, this is a hard decision. Edge, Rosa, and Porom are all pretty cool, and I don't think I could make a decision.
Least favorite dueller: Milon.

Strongest dueller: Zeromus, I guess.
Weakest dueller: Milon.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Twins upgrading.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Twins falling back down. (Maybe only Porom?)

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Perhaps Tellah. I don't really like early game temps, but don't think he's bad enough to actually be that offensive to me.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Marle
Least favorite dueller: Lucca

Strongest dueller: Lavos
Weakest dueller: Ugh, this involves considering Slash.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: None
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Any time Lucca wins because her wins are almost always robs. She is not good.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: I'll second Slash and Flea. Slash is basically respected by no one and causes headaches. Flea has a ridiculous translation based on one status. In Chrono Trigger.
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
Palom didn't downgrade. He lost to Silmeria but stayed in middle.
-------------------

VySaika

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:36:51 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Rubicant. Flaming SMASH is fun.
Least favorite dueller: Cagnazzio(or however you spell that). See Super, basically.

Strongest dueller: Rubicant. My Zeromus respect is...lacking.
Weakest dueller: Milon or Tellah. Going with Milon, at least Tellah has damage.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Palom putting an end to the >_< that was FRANK in the FINALS.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Val and Rubi having ass for luck in Godlike overall.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: None. Was ranked well.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None. Was ranked well.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: What's not to like? Good deullers, good draw, and covers all 4 devisions well.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Hmm, Frog? I dunno.
Least favorite dueller: Lucca. That Season 30 run alone earns her my ire. She didn't deserve a single one of those wins.

Strongest dueller: Lavos.
Weakest dueller: I want to say Dalton, because I don't allow wins off of death triggered attacks...but I think Slash is still even worse then the Dalton form that I do allow. Saaaaad.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Can't really think of one.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Lucca's season 30 run.

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: I could live without Flea and Slash, sure.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game: Game feels weird for as much hype as it gets as "Teh Bets Game EVAR" in alot of places(*eyes GFAQs*), it doesn't seem all that well liked or strong in the DL. Ah well, not really my problem.
<%Laggy> we're open minded individuals here
<+RandomKesaranPasaran> are we
<%Laggy> no not really.

<Tide|NukicommentatoroptionforF> Hatbot is a pacifist

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Rydia. Nice varied dueler with an obvious flaw or two.
Least favorite dueller: Kain. Damned hype soured any potential positive opinion I can form of him.

Strongest dueller: Rubicant. Overkill damage and nonfail durability or speed, even if he has a W4 and relies on one element.
Weakest dueller: Milon. Damageless, Undead, and not really durable, also weak to Fire.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Edge vs. Rune. Mostly cause it personified Elfboy vs. Super, and the write up worked off the only two big rivalries at the time.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Kain beating Lieza was it? Someone who not only could heal, but hit him with some status that completely crippled him, and had enough resources to win it.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: No one offhand...maybe Baigan, but he feels more NR worthy.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Game was well ranked.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Robo. Fun number game and all that!
Least favorite dueller: Marle. Stupid status that practically never sees use in game.

Strongest dueller: Umm...shit, Magus, I guess.
Weakest dueller: Slash or Flea, forget who sucks more, but god are they awful.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Magus beating Jecht, I guess.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: None comes to mind.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Well ranked game.  As much as Azala feels like s/he should be ranked, though.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Yep.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 08:50:28 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Uh... Rubicant or Valvalis. Rubicant today because I'm not entirely sure what to make of Valvalis against magic. Both are cool bosses with logical transitions.
Least favorite dueller: Palom/Porom/Yang all get eternal hellfire. Tiebreaking for Palom since he's the only one I remember as a character, and not in a good way, but really, if I'm using personality that means this is basically a tie. Kain's pretty bad too.

Strongest dueller: Rubicant.
Weakest dueller: Edward. So wrong that FF4a makes him even remotely competent, the boy is a legendary puny among casual FF4 players. What a waste.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Kain losing to Sigurd. Yay Sigurd, booo Blood Spear hype.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Any time the twins or Yang get in. Let's take Palom over Cleo for the single worst incident. Yay high Middle losing to one of my least favourite duellers ever.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Behemoths, because they are memorable and their counter gimmick sees more in-game performance than Palom's status spells. <_< What?
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: The temps and their post-FF4a votesplit can go jump off a pier. Again, I'm not really serious, but it makes me happy to think about.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? The core PC cast is actually pretty cool. Edge isn't too bad for all that he relies on status weapons which is one of the cardinal sins of a dueller, though still not a favourite. Cecil/Rosa/Rydia are actually decently fun! Just.. gah, the rest of the PC cast is a sewer.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Robo? Yeah, sure. Uzzi Punch healing is a neat strategy. Marle's also neat.
Least favorite dueller: I'm really not sure. Nobody jumps out as especially bad.

Strongest dueller: Lavos. Probably.
Weakest dueller: Uh. Slash? He's not bad though.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Watching Marle finally gain acceptance as a decent dueller has been generally good. Always found some of the hate there baffling. Dalton winning is also usually a sign of good times; he's quirky and funny. But... yeah, Magus beating Jecht takes the cake.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Probably some Lucca rob or another.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Ozzie! Yeah there was probably a reason we booted him, wasn't there?
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Slash/Flea are hardly necessary, but fundamentally fine. *found Flea's status attacking pretty memorable for the record* And it's CT, it doesn't need anyone cut.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Not really too much to say about it. Magus is also cool! I like him less in practice than in theory though.  Outside that Jecht win.

---

Next round: One of the VPs sounds good. Both? Eh, maybe.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Ultradude

• White Void, Cold Steel, OUCH FUCKING VAMPIRES
  • Denizen
  • I AM THE etc.etc.etc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 10:47:26 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Rosa, I guess, though Edge and Palom/Porom are also cool.
Least favorite dueller: Cagnazzo

Strongest dueller: Rubicant
Weakest dueller: Milon

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Probably Palom/Porom runs.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Kain winning.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Baigain? Golbez?!? MIST DRAGON!?!?!? Yeah, I got nothing.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: It's all good.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Meh. Pretty fun cast, lots of nice, varied PCs.

Next, how about... WA3, and something else I've actually played like... maybe... FE8.
"Turning into bats? Laughable!" says sparkly telepathic Volvo-driving vampire who spent century in high school.

Lance

• Groovy~
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • My Foxkei profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 11:52:47 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueler: Rydia.  Ridiculously powerful offensive juggernaut who dies if you stare at her too hard -- what's not to love about that?  Plus, I just like her as a character.
Least favorite dueler: Probably Rosa, just because she keeps beating people I like.

Strongest dueler: Zeromus
Weakest dueler: Edward.  Haven't played FF4a, but his original form is laughably bad.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rydia making it to the Heavy finals in season 24.  Have I mentioned that I like Rydia?
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Palom and Porom both defeating much better fighters to win the Light titles.  Ugh.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Nah.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Golbez...but he was booted a while ago, so whatever.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  Rydia > you

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueler: Magus
Least favorite dueler: Marle.  I don't think she's weak or anything; I just don't remember her being all that good.  So when she kept winning all those matches in Middle, I just kinda sat back and scratched my head in bewilderment.

Strongest dueler: Lavos
Weakest dueler: Slash?  Yeah, sure.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Lavos finally winning a couple matches in Godlike
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Marle beating Lilka in season 22.  See above for my thoughts on Marle.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Ozzie?!  Yeah, no.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Dalton, maybe?  I remember fighting about a million of those damn golems, but I don't actually remember the fight against Dalton himself.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  Frog needs a better record, dagnabbit.

Suggestions for next time: Tales of Symphonia and Disgaea

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 01:01:25 AM »
A character you'd like to see added to the game: Ozzie! Yeah there was probably a reason we booted him, wasn't there?

Seem to remember his DL forms couldn't attack at all except for an ice death counter or something? There was a good reason we no ranked him back in 02.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 04:19:09 AM »
He either gets forms which run away instantly if attacked (on the bridge with the skeletons), or the gimmick forms with that ice shield who die instantly if you notice you're supposed to hit a switch. A terrible ranking idea and a terrible dueller, but he is funny. He was initially "ranked" in the Contenders Rankings as a 1.17 Puny, but we cut him before he got a match; I forget how.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 06:16:33 AM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Cecil. He's a badass, yo!
Least favorite dueller: Edge. KLSDFJDSLKFJDLFKDS STATUS WEAPON BULLSHIT. Auuugh. AUUUUUUGH. Stupid completely unintutitive NONSENSE.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Rosa champing was really cool.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Edge vs. Elena fail-off of a finals.

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Average cast, some good, some bleh. Temps annoy but I'll live.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Dalton. Because he's cool.
Least favorite dueller: Lavos. Mostly because people nominate him but no one wants to write for his boring ass. -_-

Weakest dueller: Slash

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Dalton winning matches.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Uhhh...

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: None.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? Nope.

OB and FF6
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »
We reranked CT during the second BcB era. 
-------------------

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52:37 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: No one stands out.
Least favorite dueller: Milon.  Zzzzzz.

Strongest dueller: Rubicant.
Weakest dueller: Milon.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Season XXX

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Odin!  Yeah no.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: No one stands out.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? No.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Crono, actually.  His sort of speedster build is rare enough to be cool.
Least favorite dueller: Slash I guess.

Weakest dueller: Slash.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: The game gets in ever?  Fancy that.  Uh, maybe just all the "argh... head... exploding" reactions to Lavos getting in.  It's kinda funny.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing stands out as particularly bad.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: YARKA, obviously.  *nodnod*
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Shoot, it's a shame CT really doesn't have more rankable people.  It can support them.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? For something in an unending 4 way tie for bestest DL game by draw, it sure doesn't get in...
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 02:35:26 AM »
Suddenly, a Fudo replies!

Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Cecil.
Least favorite dueller: Tellah.

Strongest dueller: Zeromus. 
Weakest dueller: Tellah.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: hhh
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game:hhh

A character you'd like to see added to the game: No one really.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Nothing.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Frog.
Least favorite dueller: Flea.

Weakest dueller: Slash I guess.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Meh.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Also meh.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: No one really.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Slash and Flea.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 09:30:20 AM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Rydia and Rosa have interesting builds. Kain always seems to get funny write-ups due to all the anti-hype. One might say I'm a fan of the anti-hype writeups in general.
Least favorite dueller: As a dueller? Zeromus maybe? Cid is a possibility. Haven't seen enough of them to really dislike anyone.

Strongest dueller: Not sure, but I'd guess Rubicant from how often he kicks my ass in RPGmon.
Weakest dueller: Edward, the spoony bard himself!

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Cecil and Rosa simultaneously in Heavy was a neat season in general.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Nothing stands out. I like this game when it's in the DL.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: No thanks, it's got enough characters in.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Maybe Cid? I probably wouldn't have voted for the elemental bosses, but they're actually pretty good for the DL in practice.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? I like this game, it doesn't really offend, even if it doesn't stand out to me. The fact that it's a Final Fantasy means it's a good draw, which is always nice.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Magus is fun. I also like Ayla in theory even though I've never seen her in an actual DL match.
Least favorite dueller: Slash and Flea. Seem extraneous.

Strongest dueller: Magus or Lavos I suppose. Crono's not bad either.
Weakest dueller: Slash, maybe? Haven't seen enough of these characters to gauge it.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Umm... Magus got in not that long ago? That was cool.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: I hear Lucca robbed some wins, that's not good. Especially since I like Lucca and I don't want to see her winning unfairly.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Generally still a fan of the 'less is more' theory here. Rank Schala!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Flea, Slash, and Dalton aren't at the top of my list of 'needed to be ranked' characters, but there's nothing wrong with them objectively.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? I just don't see it in the DL often enough to have much of a say about it. The game itself is a fond memory, but not my favorite game, so it's just kind of an inoffensive addition whenever it -does- get in, as rare as that may seem. The PCs all seem pretty interesting in theory - and I like the idea of elementally-aligned PCs.

Next time: Tales of Symphonia and Valkyrie Profile - bring on the alternating waves of hate and adoration!

alanna82

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 08:45:47 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Palom and Porom (tie)
Least favorite dueller: Cagnazzo

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Palom upgrading
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Porom going back to Light

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: none, its perfect

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Magus
Least favorite dueller: Lavos

Strongest dueller: Magus
Weakest dueller: Lucca? not sure

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: dont recall one
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: none really

A character you'd like to see added to the game: none
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Lavos

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 06:00:53 AM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Uh...bleh.  Not a huge fan of the game.  But I do likes me Rubicante.  Lots of Inferno hype. 
Least favorite dueller: A lot.  Don't like Cecil much, so I'll go with him.  Overrated and boring as hell.

Strongest dueller: Zeromus.  Fast, durable, damaging Godlike boss.  Seems very straightforward.
Weakest dueller: Uh...Overall?  Probably Edward?  Hard to tell, the worse ones are all good in their own ways, despite being bad. 

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Uh...really don't have one.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: None, really.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: CALCOBRENA!!!!  Seriously?  Golbez...is such an oddity.  For all that he's a shitastic fight, he's so important game-wise that I think she should be ranked.  We nuked him, but...eh. 
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Mmm...Seems well-ranked.  I suppose Baigan or some other random scrubs could make it, but I wouldn't kill for them.

The game is such a standard at the DL.  I don't like the game much, think it's boring and apathy inducing, but the game itself is pretty cool overall DL-wise, with some neat people.  And some funny Lights.  So it ends up better to me DL-wise than game-wise, which is odd.  6/10.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Magus.  Just...Stylish.
Least favorite dueller: Mmm...none.  I like everyone in my own way.

Strongest dueller: Lavos.  Pretty damn straightforward.  Just crazy speed and variety.
Weakest dueller: Slash, probably?  Or Flea.  Probably Slash.  Just...not that great, though the form-chain helps.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Zeal losing to Guido.  >_>
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Uh...mmm...none, really.

A character you'd like to see added to the game: Mmm...Azala.  Seems to fit things right.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Ranked pretty well, overall.  OZZIE would kick ass, but I think I'm the only one who'd support him.

Like the game a lot, like it in the DL a bit less.  The reverse of FF4, though the fact I like the game itself makes it higher anyway.  8.5/10. 
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Razor Raven

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2008, 02:40:49 AM »
Chrono Trigger
Favorite dueller: Probably Marle, love that moveset, shame the stats and damage are so crappy
Least favorite dueller: Lavos. Not because I actually dislike him, but because I have no freaking clue which form to take, which bugs the hell out of me

Weakest dueller: Probably Slash, I haven't really looked that closely, I'm afraid.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Umm, probably Magus’ upgrade to Godlike, or Marle vs Worker 8 just for the Iron Chef parody.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: None

A character you'd like to see added to the game: I think you guys got everybody important.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Maybe Dalton?

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? I like the game itself, and for the most part, I like its translation to the DL, but it seems to be one of those games where the whole cast manages to screw themselves in the damage average. Shame, it hurt my respect for Crono (for example) as a duelist, however much I like him

BaconForTheSoul

• Denizen
  • Because you don't get her with 3 levels left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: Edge, elemental options, status options, and funny
Least favorite dueller: Cagnazzio works

Strongest dueller: Valvalis-  Rapes physical, immune to magic.  Kinda broken?
Weakest dueller: Milon/Tellah...  depends on who against I guess.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Something Edge related
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Don't recall

A character you'd like to see added to the game: GOLBEZ for Heavy champ!!
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: It's fine

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller: Marle?
Least favorite dueller: Not sure

Weakest dueller: Slash?

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: NA
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: NA

A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Some of scrub bosses.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  For such a well known game I don't seem to recall shit happening DL wise.  Guess I don't care about it that much.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 02:10:47 PM »
Final Fantasy 4

Favorite dueller: For writeups, Edge.  For actual in-duel performance...Rubicant or Valvalis--quirky Godlikes that need more luck.
Least favorite dueller:Twins, Yang, name one.

Strongest dueller: Rubicant or Valvalis.  Though their Godlike luck would say otherwise.
Weakest dueller: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Milon.

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Edge's antics overall.  If anyone is awesome for that, then he is.  Alternatively, Zeromus vs. Wugui for laughs and proof why bosses need a basic physical.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: Twins' and Yang's Light runs.

A character you'd like to see added to the game:Can't think of one myself.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game: Meh.  As much as Yang and the Twins are obnoxious fail, they're at least valid ranks.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game?  Meh.  Not the most entertaining, though it draws well.

Chrono Trigger

Favorite dueller:...Can't think of one, really.
Least favorite dueller: Yeah...I'll have to go with Slash; he's rather bland in comparison to...everyone.

Strongest dueller:Lavos or Magus, pick one.
Weakest dueller:Slash

Favorite moment in the DL with this game: Worker-8 humiliating Marle.  Totally classic.  Ever so totally classic.
Least favorite moment in the DL with this game: ...Can't think of one.

A character you'd like to see added to the game:N/A.  Ozzie may have one form that's semi-legal, but it's sidequest-only and thus questionable in that regard.
A character you wouldn't have ranked from this game:Can't think of one.

Any other notes/thoughts about the game? ...Yeah, outside of Lavos and Magus, it seems to never get in the DL.

---

Also, suggest ideas for what to use in the next round.  I once again say WA4 and SO3.
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.