Register

Author Topic: The ultimate DL team match! (Doom inside.)  (Read 3446 times)

Clear Tranquil

• Garden of Innocence
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Your dreams shatter and burn! Punishing! Blossom!
    • View Profile
Re: The ultimate DL team match! (Doom inside.)
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 11:20:36 AM »
ARPG characters all bumrush Jane! >_>

Hey this certainly isn't a conventional match up by any means and since it's tournies I'm willing to allow a little leeway.

SoM's charge up hasn't been addressed, anyone care to cover the points I made about that? =-)
"A Yeul that loved to sing. A Yeul who wished to travel. A Yeul that collected flowers.... Every one of them was unique"

Sei

• Denizen
  • Hooray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »
Actually, come to think of it, even if Blue wins the Initiative against Heavy, I think he might lose against them. Those places are where the most of our Magic Immune duelists are staying (Worker 8, Wugui, and Garan), so Blue will be reduced to his Light Sword, Shadow Servant physicals! There's a chance that he might actually run out of MP before he kills them.

...and he loses to Godlike too even if you take him as coming first. Stasis Rune leaves him frozen for a few turns, right? So if he goes for MT magical barrage, Ceci will be alive and can Revive Chris. From there, they just wait for the turn before Blue's Stasis Rune wears off and throw up Silent Lake.

For the normal team battles...

How accurate are Emilia's Gun Techs? She has Initiative in Quick Draw (which is faster than Overdrive, if I read the stat topic right) and she has Stun Shot, which has 80% chance of stunning. If she's accurate with that tech, I think Heavy may have another shot at Light.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 03:13:21 PM by Sei »

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 11:38:31 PM »
CT, re SoM: Personally, I'd see Suiko3 characters as charging their spells immediately - as soon as you finish entering commands, the mages get the "casting" look.  So I don't see Jane letting them "start" make much sense.  Admittedly, I'd see your point for, say, FFT Dancer/Bard...  no matter how fast Dancer is, her dances go off at a set charge pace and Dancer's own turns are kind of irrelevant.  Anyway, for Suiko3 I'd see Jane as just making all spells go now - a character casting a huge charge time spell is basically the same as a slow WAACF character.

Re Repede: Well, I'd see Repede's invincibility as going off very very fast, but still losing to initiative, so yeah, he burns except maybe against Middle.  Against Middle's fastest...  he has to outrace XS3 Jr., LoD Meru, Balk, Rikku...  huh, that actually is rather beatable, so he probably does win there.  Heavy Repede has no shot, he's eating Auron Armor Break + Dehuai physical + Jeremy shot which should be deadly.  Godlike's been covered.  Amusingly enough, I think Repede loses to Janeless Light as well - yes, it's DEFENSE BUFFED SELPHIE HYPE there as she Ends Repede while backed by healers.

Monkeyfinger

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2009, 12:08:47 AM »
Middle has suikoninjas, scythe, and tony.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2009, 05:25:47 AM »
Middle has healers with infinite resources. Even if Repede starts his invincibility loop, he'll never be able to deal enough damage to kill anyone with those healers around.

Sei

• Denizen
  • Hooray!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2009, 01:44:39 AM »
I just remembered something.

Middle has Philia (ToD), and Philia has Stasis. Stasis time stops all the enemies for some time letting everyone go crazy on them.

Was the move instantaneous, and if not, does Middle have a way to let her get it off against any of the Divisions?  
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:46:35 AM by Sei »

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2009, 01:46:09 AM »
Stasis is pretty much instantaneous in-game: no charge, no walking, no strings, just select it and lol. However, bosses still immune it and how much credit you give that speed-wise is up to you.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 02:20:01 AM »
It's pretty damn instant. Just confirms my G>H>M>L kneejerk there.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...