Author Topic: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 2  (Read 4050 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney of Interest: Season 11, Week 2
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2010, 02:23:06 AM »
Rika's physicals are ITE so something called Parry doesn't sound like it would work (But then again maybe the name is misleading and it is physical immunity).

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2010, 04:54:08 AM »
They are? Parry just makes all physicals miss so thats out, though I have no idea why I've brought this up because Rika isn't that evasive anyway for it to matter. Reicher getting any of his Ex attacks off means death and she can't kill before that. Also after looking it up he also has the statuses death and sleep to play with so I really am not seeing it here Tal, unless you somehow see Reicher dying in one attack there is no way he can lose.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2010, 05:31:20 AM »
PS4 techs can't miss, so perfect evade (which is what "all attacks miss" sounds like to me) isn't going to work. Also she has 102% evade after Saner so it certainly is high enough to matter, you don't beat her with evadable attacks and this is why MK2 Reicher, who is quite a nasty Godlike, is currently losing. I'm not denying that CE Reicher may have things that can beat her, mind, just saying.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2010, 08:07:58 PM »
I disagree. Lazarus, Augustine and some other bosses are quite undurable but Reicher along with Bourd and Jedah are a different story. I played through the game normally without powerleveling or a great deal of weapon crafting and had no problem dropping guys like Augustine in two turns. Reicher I found to be near impossible to overkill quickly due to the great defence and the regen (and counter forcing you to heal)

Well, not doing any weapon crafting is kind of not using the tools the game gives you.  Composite is ridiculously good.  And I'm not talking overkill, just a normal kill, which took me around 4 turns, IIRC?  Maybe I had to run to 6 against Reicher.

He has something called something Fear I think. A dark attack with death tagged on.

Ah, okay, that's magic IIRC so it would get through evade just fine too.

They are? Parry just makes all physicals miss so thats out, though I have no idea why I've brought this up because Rika isn't that evasive anyway for it to matter. Reicher getting any of his Ex attacks off means death and she can't kill before that. Also after looking it up he also has the statuses death and sleep to play with so I really am not seeing it here Tal, unless you somehow see Reicher dying in one attack there is no way he can lose.

Well, I wasn't saying he loses, just pointing out facts about him that may have swung the match.  If he does have death, then he probably wins in a 1v1 match.

But I force him to face four PCs like in-game, so I'm not sure he wins to me.  Two Rikas are going to be using Saner -> Shift straight off while the other two attack.  Reicher gets a turn... hm, assume he kills off one.  Three more attacks, Reicher kills another one, two attacks, probably a double in here so let's say two more.  Reicher finishes them off with EXs.  Nine attacks total?  That's... 3.75 PCHP, and even if I assume Reicher dies in 4 turns that's 6.4 PCHP. 

But that's assuming Death hits both the first two times (and I'm not giving much respect for his magic damage).  So let's assume it misses first turn, hits second.  First round Rika gets two attacks, Reicher whiffs death, one Rika has to heal since his magic should at least 2HKO, so three more attacks.  Reicher kills one, three more attacks back, double for another three.  Reicher EX spams to kill two, Rika gets another attack in (possibly a double), Reicher finishes her off.  13 attacks at most... which still isn't enough.  Even if the death spam doesn't 2HKO, that's still not quite enough.  Hm, guess he takes it then.

Rozalia

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2010, 08:51:49 PM »
Well, not doing any weapon crafting is kind of not using the tools the game gives you.  Composite is ridiculously good.  And I'm not talking overkill, just a normal kill, which took me around 4 turns, IIRC?  Maybe I had to run to 6 against Reicher.
I made myself the latest weapons of course. I just didn't use Composite.

But I force him to face four PCs like in-game
Oh you take him a against a full party. Still shouldn't be enough, theres nothing I can really contribue on to what you said except Reicher's Exs (and Magic) all have AOE going on. Taking him against four pcs means more then one are getting hit.