Author Topic: Futurama: Anthology of Interest 2 (Round 1)  (Read 5151 times)

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
Re: Futurama: Anthology of Interest 2 (Round 1)
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 08:20:27 PM »
For allowing Quickenings, doesn't that kind of wreak havoc on the damage average? Granted, no idea what they come out to alone, but L3+physical+physical is now the average (Or maybe L2+Spell+Spell)? Not sure if that saves Zhuzhen anyways, but really potentially could based on how averages looked.
...into the nightfall.

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 08:42:15 PM »
Also, although mercifully irrelevant to this match (I'd be voting Zack if it's not clear), I have to speak out strongly against Auto-Barrier getting treated as 2x durability. Anything initial goes into the averages, and Zack can't escape being average due to a 1-PC game. For instance, entire casts of FF5 and FF6 have access to Auto-Haste if you allow accessories, but even if you do I'd seriously hope you don't treat the entire casts as fast just because they have an innate auto-buff. Same applies here.

The FFT topic needs updating, then.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »
Er, what? THe only thing pertinent from the FFT stat topic that I can think you're referring to is:

AVERAGE: 10 (9.54 without Haste)

Maybe you can explain what you mean.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 08:52:28 PM »
Snowfire: I allow all unique stuff, and all that is unique to Zack.  I just couldn't remember if zombification was present in Crisis Core or not.  Which means I don't think I'd let the status immunity block it.  And yeah, I allow bosses all parts...so the zombification gets it.

Quickenings...I don't think they should be factored or relied on.  They're 100% random damage - all physical as well.  In the equation, there's apparently a multiplier of 0-something, so they can potentially do awesome damage (level 1 > level 3!  I've seen it while testing!), or crappy damage, i.e., 0.  

Penelo varies heavily based on what you allow.  Speaking of which...need to post the average FF12 character at some point.

There was noteth dispellification in Tales Vesperia of?  Thinketh not beeth I certain.  Thy doth not knoweth the beeth of certaineth howevereth.  

(still think I'd let it be dispelled...alternatively, Nyarlathotep gets an opening eventually, as Repede kill so damn slowly)

<And the doll of goat thing in regards to Pocket of the 4th Dimension...not sure on that as well>
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:09:21 AM by OblivionKnight »
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 11:46:59 PM »
Godlike

Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - uh why
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Not sure it's that close to me. I decided to allow the parts of multipart bosses, but commit all turns to a single part and have their assigned moves limited to those parts as well. Which means... actually not much here. Oz pretty much instadoubles Ghaleon from the get-go and gets in like near 2x PC HP before the formchain kicks in. Once -that- turns up, ahahahahaha have fun handling 1.6x~ PC HP running off magical damage that instadoubles you, Ghal. Chaos Shield barely slows it down to boot. And Ghaleon -has- to commit to MT too unless he wants to see Oz healing and buffing his way to hell.

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III) - Sure.
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Lady has smash of both types and mercilessly mocks the seeds. Tetri whimpers.
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King) - Ramming into disgusting SRW counters, that's a GREAT idea.

Heavy

Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III) - See the aiel. Denim has some speed issues to boot.
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Um unless Elliot has "I win" status he's getting Aero-walled by Donald here. Don't think Elliot OHKOs Donald off the bat (i.e. practical 2HKO), which is pretty much death.

Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - Don't think I allow 1-range people to counter ranged people, but it doesn't matter. Grunzford survives a turn and makes Jeremy explode.

Middle

Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series) - Um. Depends on whether Corselia 3HKOs Marcia or not with Breath of Ice, I think? I don't -really- think she does, but barely, which makes her horribly suck once she's out of charges. Running into those counters once she's out of resources for offense also massively sucks, and Marcia surely doesn't have issues doubling -and- is fairly accurate I want to say.

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series) - Um. If Lion is faster, doesn't Wild Cry basically kinda spoils Pesmerga? >_> Not that the other methods to handle him don't work.
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4) - uh
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII) - Niccolo, chipping?

Light

Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV) - ... pretty sure. Counters aren't a great thing for healers to face and Healie damage itself is so bad it fails to scare Ellen of the sub-Lucius defense.

Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword) - I vaguely suspect SO1o mages with Meteor Swarm 2HKO average, and Ronny fits the bill.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 03:26:37 AM »
Er, what? THe only thing pertinent from the FFT stat topic that I can think you're referring to is:

Auto-protect.

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 05:37:14 AM »
Putting this in while I can access forums.  Will be losing access again tomorrow so I can't reply anymore!

---

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- If Sazh's damage is average and buffs are about 1.8 to damage and Cloud gets an interrupter turn, seems like he's at the least getting his L1. Can FF 12 block Stop? That would make me rethink this, but for now, seems like the evils of Cloud's L1 gives him this.

Bravery is 1.4x damage, not 1.8x.

And I don't think FF13 even has Stop.  It has Daze which is kind of similar, but it's more like Sleep.

Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Mmm...did Goat Dolls do anything to Belial's 4D Pocket?  If they did, Aya has the Revival items which would block off the 4D Pocket attack to me if that's the case

Why would they?  4-D Pocket doesn't touch your HP at all...

Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Kary (Final Fantasy): There is a paralysis negating item... Viese opens with Divine Shield and that should enable her to win? I'm not too sure about Divine Shield's effectiveness but it should be enough, especially since Kary is multi-hit... And I am just doing conjecture here honestly.

If Divine Shield was the rando physical blocking item, it's about 50%, IIRC.

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII): Haste and Brave... Yeah I guess Haste doesn't matter and Brave/En-element spells aren't enough to prevent the L1 Limit? Honestly though I'm not sure here. Did En-element spells boost Commando damage when switched back to that?

En-element spells only boost skills that were already that element.  It changes non-elemental skills to that element but doesn't boost them.

Quickenings...I don't think they should be factored or relied on.  They're 100% random damage - all physical as well.  In the equation, there's apparently a multiplier of 0-something, so they can potentially do awesome damage (level 1 > level 3!  I've seen it while testing!), or crappy damage, i.e., 0.

So use the average damage in the average.  Same thing we do with every other skill and most of them are random too.

There was noteth dispellification in Tales Vesperia of?  Thinketh not beeth I certain.  Thy doth not knoweth the beeth of certaineth howevereth. 

ToV has no dispel.

---

Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III) - Unscaled boss HP makes Wall phase less effective.  Think it's enough.
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World) - Unscaled boss HP gives Tetri enough time to get going?  And Lady damage gets worse after turn 1.
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X)

Heavy

Viese Blanchimont (Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny) v Kary (Final Fantasy)
Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III)
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss) - Uh...
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - I allow Eidolons, so Sazh should be able to chip and then finish it off with Gestalt.  Close due to Cloud getting half a limit bar though...
Kluke (Blue Dragon) v Ho-Oh (Pokémon)
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) - No energy storing makes Lucian wtf, IIRC.
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - Allow counters on both sides but doubt that even matters.

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - Hound Grenade!
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series) - Uh... I think Marcia manages to land a Stun before Corselia KOs?  Not sure...

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series)
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4) - :(
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) - Mao accuracy vs. Virginia evade.  Yeah, that'll go well.
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon)
Ellen (Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals) v Healie (Dragon Quest IV)
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile)
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII) - Uh...

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears)
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI)

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 07:52:07 AM »
Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission)
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4) - Auto-life isn't saving Aya here ;_;
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete) - Just from the stat topic, I'd vote like this. Haven't play OzDS yet, so discount that if it's a requirement.
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment) - Yeah, my definite kneejerk is that Gale Dog loses to dispelling of any kind.

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III)
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X) - Yamikei clausing makes Zack a happy boy.

Heavy

Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III)
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss) - Bitch beats Mohs at least.
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga) - Aero respect mostly. Don't want to think about it past that.

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) - I think the Eidolon is enough.
Kluke (Blue Dragon) v Ho-Oh (Pokémon) - Pretty straightforward.
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile) - Survival activates at a 100% rate, right? So long as Ancel's got more than 10%mHP, he'll auto-survive Lucian's last attack, and get the extra turn he'd need to finish out Lucian.
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4) - Just OHKOs if you include generics in the averages.

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV) - Defaulting to the RW form since that's I know best. She should just OHKO with FullForce-Pyrotechnics.
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)
Lymle Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) - I think. Lymle has that weird Void status which cancels beneficial effects, and if I recall correctly, this cancels things like support skills from PC equipment? Void is no fun at any rate. Might let her Void->Silence Sophia. If not, Lymle can block Freeze just as easily Sophia blocks Silence. Probably makes it a good fight. Leaning in Blood Scylla's favor due to no SO4 topic.
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series) - Kneejerk.

Lion (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Pesmerga (Suikoden Series)
Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4) - VPDS Mage damage~
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3) - Ginny Evade! Not to mention that I let her have the Fire Medium.
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon) - Sand Attack!
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile) - Badrach wins a match... >.>;;
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII)

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears) - HEALING
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts) - This is a fun epic slapfight + healfest using the RW form of Penelo. Zhuzhen gets run out of SP!
Ronyx Kenni (Star Ocean: First Departure) v Lowen (Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword)
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI) - a fun lolfest even before you consider that I give Locke the Phoenix Cave equips.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
Worker 8, you mean? Heh, forgot about that. Well, that's an easy fix to make: everyone else drops to about 3% below average at taking physicals (Before factoring in HP). I'm not at all certain that I should treat W8 that way because he's such an obvious outlier. I should definitely factor it in for W8 himself, though, although given that the exact amount DefUp is worth is something that is hard to pin down (anywhere from 33% to 42% depending on the attacking PA) it just means I should take it more towards the lower end of that.

However, this "outlier" argument totally fails once it applies to an entire cast. If the Crystal Shield granted Auto-Protect, again, I'd hope you would factor that into the averages in some way, or blatant average cheating occurs. And I don't think most people who aren't ID hype BoF5 characters as halving damage types in the DL, or Nina and Lin wouldn't spend so much time in Middle. And then there's storebought Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect for those who allow accessories in quite a few games. You seem to be sidestepping the issue; if you have anything to add beyond one-liners about a disconnected, possibly overlooked situation from FFT, I'm all ears.

Maybe.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
Doesn't Meliadoul also have Auto-Protect?
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
DHE: I allow full boss parts as well, but with no Seymour Flux notes in the stat topic and Zack needing to not be able to stop Zombie for the strat to get off the ground...  yeah, not thinking too hard about it.

As for auto-Barrier hype, that's a tricky issue with no good answer.  It rams directly into the problem with DL scaling: something which is strictly an advantage in-game can become strictly a disadvantage in the DL, since if Barrier / MBarrier is factored into the average, then this basically *denies* Zack the opportunity to cast them himself and removes one of his options.  I think that I don't allow the auto-Barrier equipment anyway, but if I did, I'd probably lean toward letting Zack just be broken and have that rather than deal with the above perverse effect.

Dhyer: I can't find the topic at the moment, but I tested solo Quickening damage at endgame levels.  It's...  erratic, and not nearly as consistent as with a party.  About 40%-50% of the time it's just the level 3, I seem to recall, and the damage is not that much more than a normal attack.  On the other hand for RPGMon purposes, it sometimes will be really awesome, so basically an FF12 character has a ~20-25% chance of just overkilling given a turn in a normally hopeless fight.

Anyway, Quickenings are certainly an interp headache, but they're not quite as broken as I originally thought.  I agree that the damage average should be (solo-L3)-Physical-Physical; maybe add a bit to it since the Quickening will do more than that consistently, but many people won't want to vote for the FF12 character if it requires they have a bit of luck.  If you scale Quickenings against actual endgame damage (rather than a gimped license board) it's not that much more than regular.  However, even some ability to jump damage makes heal locking a lot easier.  Quickenings also go off super-fast - I wouldn't quite put them at FF7 limit level, but there's no charge time, so it's just select Quickening as quickly as possible.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »
Totally forgot that! Okay, two PCs, make it 6%, and the outlier case gets a bit weaker. Hmm, interesting, I hadn't really thought about this before. Let me think about this.

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 08:32:33 PM »
Yeah, sounds like quickenings are a headache. I already am completely iffy on allowing FF 12 characters...well, anything. I suppose I can see scaling up weapons just for sanity (But uh...probably not skillsets. So no L1 White Magic->All white magic).
...into the nightfall.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2010, 02:58:24 AM »
I think I only factor in auto-buffs if over half the cast can get it, though it's possible to use a lower ratio (25%?).  I consider it more of a passive skill otherwise (even if it comes from equipment), and I tend to not factor those into averages.

Cmdr_King

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »
Work in progress

Godlike

Arceus (Pokémon) v Ferham (Mega Man X: Command Mission)- Hm.  Freeze you say.  Sure, works.
Aya Brea (Parasite Eve) v Belial (Wild ARMs 4)
Oz (The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road) v Ghaleon (Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete)
Repede (Tales of Vesperia) v Nyarlathotep (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)

Altima (Laggy Fantasy Tactics) v Xorn (Grandia III)- No vote.
Tetri (Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy) v Lady (Shadow Hearts: From the New World)- I... think.
Archibald Grimes (Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2) v Empyrea (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)- Hum.  He's a dodgy son of a bitch, so... hm.  Yeah, not Empy's fight.
Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII) v Seymour (Final Fantasy X)- Hum.  Not feeling ambitious enough to cruise topics for equip nonsense.  Pass.

Heavy

Denim Powell (Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together) v Geddoe (Suikoden III)- No vote.
Citrine (Xenosaga: Also Sprach Zarathustra) v Grand Maestro Mohs (Tales of the Abyss)
Donald Duck (Kingdom Hearts Series) v Elliot (Legaia 2: Duel Saga)

Sazh Katzroy (Final Fantasy XIII) v Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII)- No vote.
Kluke (Blue Dragon) v Ho-Oh (Pokémon)- No vote.
Ancel (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Lucian (Valkyrie Profile)- I should probably look at this in more detail but feeling lazy now.
Grunzford (Sould Nomad & The World Eaters) v Jeremy Non (Wild ARMs 4)- Not feeling counters, but "survive with ridonkulous HP and OHKO" is a go.

Middle

Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) v Lo Fong (Suikoden IV)- No vote.
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- Mmm... goes first and... yeah, has enough HP for the job.
Lymel Lemuri Phi (Star Ocean: The Last Hope) v Sophia Esteed (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)- No vote.
Corselia (Suikoden Tactics) v Marcia (Fire Emblem Series)- Kneejerk.

Lieselotte (Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume) v Kesaran Pasaran (Wild ARMs 4)
Mao (Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice) v Virginia Maxwell (Wild ARMs 3)
Niccolo (Legend of Mana) v Tifa Lockheart (Final Fantasy VII)- No vote

Light

Lyre (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn) v Pidgeot (Pokémon)
Head Editor (Final Fantasy Tactics A2) v Badrach (Valkyrie Profile)- No vote.
Luigi (Mario & Luigi Series) v Raijin (Final Fantasy VIII)- No vote.

Beat (Eternal Sonata) v Tolone (Xenogears)- No vote.
Penelo (Final Fantasy Series) v Zhuzhen Liu (Shadow Hearts)- No vote.
Boney (Mother 3) v Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI)- No vote.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 08:05:21 AM by Cmdr_King »

hinode

• Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men!
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »
Saber (Dragon Quest V) v Katsuya Suou (Persona 2: Eternal Punishment)- Mmm... goes first and... yeah, has enough HP for the job.

Um, enough HP for what? War Cry is pointless in a duel since it only lasts one turn, and Saber is a terrible slugger.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2010, 11:36:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm curious how people are taking Ancel since everyone seems to be giving the match to Lucian. Temp Ancel has locked skills, making him better than 90% of the PC cast since he gets that free shot of auto-life from Survival. I mean... is Lucian getting GUTS hype?!

If they both 2HKO eachother, then Ancel should win even if you tiebreak speed in Lucian's favor.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »
Doesn't Survival totally fail at warding off death from multi-hit attacks? Might be thinking of VP2, here.

Maybe.

Pyro

• Denizen
  • Mwahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2010, 11:52:53 PM »
Since Ancel's equips are locked, one may not see him 2HKOing Lucian here. He should probably be scaled against in-game PCs (LARSA FOR HIGH GODLIKE).

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2010, 11:59:44 PM »
Curse Check makes Ancel emo here to me, since all his offense is Holy-based and Curse Check grants Holy resist IIRC, and I allow VP1 status blockers to either block status or give elemental resistance, depending on the situation.

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2010, 01:06:08 PM »
VP1 elemental resist is bugged I thought?

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »
Not sure what gave you that idea.  I remember it working just fine.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 01:56:40 AM »
As someone who has done crazy VP challenges, I can assure you its elemental defence is most definitely not bugged as it is the only reason said challenges were possible. <.<

EDIT: The bug you're probably thinking of is PC innate elemental affinity does not affect damage taken by magical attacks. It does affect damage taken by elemental physicals (unless said physicals are ITE), though, which suggests some sort of bug.

EDIT2: To be clear, this bug only applies to PC elemental affinities; equipment elemental resistance always works.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 01:58:12 AM by Dark Holy Elf »

Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 06:02:43 AM »
I was also assuming that multi-hits got around Survival too.
...into the nightfall.