Author Topic: Best Scenes Round 14 - WHICH FIGHTER WILL PROVE THIS OLD AXIOM TO THE WORLD?  (Read 2099 times)

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
DRAMA:
Luca's Last Stand (Suikoden II) |||| || vs. Celes' Cliff Dive (FFVI) |||| |||
Angelo saves Marcello (DQVIII) ||| vs. Raksha's Reveal (Soul Nomad) |||| ||||

STYLE:
Cloud Backstabs Sephiroth...literally (Crisis Core) |||| || vs. Birth of Alkaiser (SaGa Frontier) ||||
Voyager's Assault on Elsa (Xenosaga 3) |||| vs. Metal Gear Ziggy (XenoSaga) |||| |

HUMOR:
King's Game (Persona 4) |||| |||| vs. Callil's Shop (FE10) |||
Kon's Super Attack |||| vs. Terra Condor Pre-Fight Scene (Megaman Starforce 2) ||||

MANOS, THE DIVISION OF WRONGNESS:
Lulu are stabbed (Suikoden III) | vs. You Little Hoochies! (Lufia 2) |||| ||||

XENO-FAIL:
THIS ENTIRE DIVISION HAS COLLAPSED ON ITS OWN FAILURE AND THEREFOR HAS CEASED TO EXIST. WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE AND BRAIN DAMAGE THAT MAY HAVE OCCURRED THANKS TO THIS.

And now we move onto...MORE SCENES!!! AND MORE...SCENES!!! AND MORE...ok, I promise there will be no Xenosaga this week! HONEST!

DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oPI9HXWdVI) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9E6DNiT1Jw)
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVW-CaMfeA8) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-kHfA8JE6Y - until about 1:25)

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDqnCpI0LGQ#t=5m24) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ-WDo43Dqs)
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWpG9KRVBTY) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YdK9L18x_Y#t=1m23s)

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ecBRIVSy0) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG) (The Title *IS* the scene!)
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No89V8ydHVY#t=3m55s) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouV0ZStoQZ0)

KEEP YOUR DIRTY VOTES OFF WRONG'S DIVISION:
GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTZHlVdU9KM) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No89V8ydHVY#t=3m55s)

SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4)
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4)
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG)
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!)

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)

I apologize about the Lufia 2 scene involving an LPer talking during the scene.  I suggest that you turn the volume off cause the scene is entirely visuals/text, and no voice acting related and what not, so you won't lose that much in that regard.  If I find a better version of the scene (or alternatively, someone else does), then by all means!
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A

OblivionKnight

• Boom! Big reveal: I'm a pickle. What do you think about that?
  • Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • I'm Pickle Rick!
    • View Profile

SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4) - FF4 fails.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) - Awesomeness incarnate.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) - Lufia 2 is awesome.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) - Not as good as Sue Johansen, but awesome.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG) - Eh..
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - Chu-Chu is not humour, you heathens. 

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - For she is risen~
[11:53] <+Meeple_Gorath> me reading, that's a good one

[19:26] * +Terra_Condor looks up. Star Wars Football, what?
[19:27] <+Terra_Condor> Han Kicks First?
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Vader intercepts.
[19:27] <%Grefter-game> Touchdown and Alderaan explodes in the victory

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile

SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4)- Feel like going with the classic, today. Both are neat.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)- One of WA4's few decent plot scenes. S2's good ending is my favorite of S2's endings, but the Raquel/Arnaud scene is just better.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) - Dekar being awesome, act shocked.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG)- Awesome vs Ultros

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)- Chu-Chu on a cross redefines wrong.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
DRAMA:

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) - I find both to be rather meh, and they're both quite similar (hi character we thought was dead coming in out of nowhere to save the day).  However, the L2 scene involves the BDH moment coming in riding a whale, and whales > FF4.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG) - Bowser is the ultimate warrior-poet.
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - That's great.

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - yep
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 04:22:55 AM by Random Consonant »

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4)- Yessssssssssssss.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)- "I'll be with you. I'll always support you. If your legs lose their strength, I'll carry you. If your eyes lose their light, I'll describe the world to you." Such a beautiful scene.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4)- Yup.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)- Vote later.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG)- Both are good.
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidential Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!)- Pretty cute.

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)- Now this is where Chu-Chu belongs.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4): I see no need for justification here.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4): Good ending always felt a little too fanficcy "oh everything is fine!" to me. Its not bad or anything, but the latter is one of the more effective romantic scenes in an RPG, so it gets an easy vote.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4): I found Dekar's "I'm so stupid it makes me stronger!" act rather grating, which sours me to any scenes which revolve around it. Rydia coming in and owning what appears to be a plot party wipe in the face is fairly effective as far as 1991 RPG scenes go.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG): Both are great. Ultros really makes this whole ridiculous scene, though, I'm going with it for memorability (I had sadly forgotten Bowser's awesome haiku until a replay). Won't mind whoever wins!
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!): It's a bit too slow (due to the gameplay being mixed in no doubt) but it's nommed for the right category.

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears): Now -here- is the right category for Chu-Chu. Even though it's obviously for the reasons the writers intended, it's still a "what the -fuck-" moment. Vote later if I actually watch its opponent.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4)- S5 scene is the only scene that I think is flat out awesome this week, sadly.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)- WA 4 scene does absolutely nothing for me outside of being a kind of nice scene.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4)- Of course you forgot how to miss, evasion isn't in Lufia 2! Lackluster match of non-caring.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)- Neither are awesome, but neither are bad.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG)
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!)

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)- This is funny. Also, VA...yeah, that woudl kill my ever wanting to play KH it appears.
...into the nightfall.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
DRAMA:

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4)
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)

HUMOR:

Excal

• Chibi Terror That Flaps in the Night
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Let's Get Adorable
    • View Profile
SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4) - Both emotional highpoints for their respective games.  Goes to show how much better folks have gotten at those over the course of a decade.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) - Suikoden 2 has highpoints, they are not the endings.  Meanwhile, that's the lynchpin of one of my favourite WA4 plotarcs.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) - Dekar needs to go die in a fire.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) - The way the guy reacted to getting cold-cocked like it was a perfectly reasonable thing for Geddoe to do shuffled it from this category to Wrong.  Meanwhile, the Dr. Kaufman clip, worked.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG) - Bowser is good, damn good.  But c'mon, the Opera scene is epic.  From the cheesy setup, to the "I think it'll take me five minutes to push this", to the frantic Impressario trying to make it look like everything's going according to script.
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - Only because the other one is in the wrong category.  That debate was way too slow.

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - Somehow, the KH2 scene managed to sell itself to me.  Meanwhile, a giant pink puffball getting crucified with a bunch of mechs?  Yeaaaaah.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
SHORT VERSION:
DRAMA:

STYLE:

HUMOR:

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
DRAMA:
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4)- I love the idea behind Raquel and Arnaud here but... the execution doesn't leave me feeling it.  Meanwhile, I like the direction they take with Nanami in the good ending, lets her mature without being a drastic change in character.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4)- I guess.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories)- When characters do things you want them to do, such as here, you remember it.

HUMOR:
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!)- Pity about the gameplay focus (for example, you don't HAVE to have Max say much of anything, but all his responses are pure awesome), but just what's here is good stuff.

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears)- There's a minute here where you think "wait, maybe they'll really do it.  Maybe WE'LL GET MICKEY TO REPLACE HIM!!!"  But no.  Still, fond memories there.  Meanwhile I don't... really notice Chu-Chu in that scene anymore, I mean... I just replayed the game and thought it was an emotional scene, so it can't be that bad.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
DRAMA:
Ferid and Arshstat (Suikoden 5) vs. Paladin Scene (Final Fantasy 4) - The number 1 best Drama scene in all of JRPGs, probably.
Good Ending (Suikoden 2) vs. Arnaud and Raquel at Frontier Halim (Wild ARMs 4) - Leaves a much stronger impression.

STYLE:
"I've forgotten how to miss!" (Lufia 2) vs. Big Damn Hero moment Rydia (Final Fantasy 4) - Similar, but Dekar is funny.
"Geddoe... PAUNCH!" (Suikoden 3) vs. Sex Talk with Dr. Kaufman  (Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) - Need to play SHSM, sorry.

HUMOR:
Ultros Jams the Opera! (Final Fantasy 6) vs. Bowser "like the moon over the day/my genius and brawn/are lost on these fools" (Super Mario RPG) - Like you couldn't have predicted I'd vote this way.
Chu-Chu Died for Our Sins (Xenogears) vs. Presidental Debate (Sam and Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!) - Sam and Max is generally much much much better at humor than anything you'll find in even the funniest RPG.

GOOOOFFYYYYYY (Kingdom Hearts 2) vs. Chu-Chu died for your sins (Xenogears) - This is great for all the best reasons.

Meeplelard

• Fire Starter
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
NO MORE VOTES OR I WILL DELETE YOUR KIDNEY.
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> so Snow...
[21:39] <+Mega_Mettaur> Sonic Chaos
[21:39] <+Hello-NewAgeHipsterDojimaDee> That's -brilliant-.

[17:02] <+Tengu_Man> Raven is a better comic relief PC than A