Author Topic: PLEASE READ, PEOPLE  (Read 1825 times)

Taishyr

PLEASE READ, PEOPLE
« on: December 03, 2010, 06:01:00 PM »
While the forums are up, changes made to it since it's come back up will not linger until the site's transferred to the new host (for a small time we're still on the old one). Back up tournament votes and Arkham results, as well as season noms. (You don't need to worry about stuff pre-return, but anything since like Dec. 1st on should be backed up).

Lady Door

• Coming up with words is, like...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ... really hard.
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE READ, PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:18 PM »
Does that mean all posts (ETA: from Dec 1 until the move) will be wiped? Or just that we can't be sure they'll be properly backed up?
<Demedais> Humans look like cars to me.
<AndrewRogue> That must be confusing in parking lots

Taishyr

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 06:31:57 PM »
I thiiiiink current plan is wipe, just because it makes things a touch easier on Hal.

I'll clarify with Hal, tho.

EDIT: Will depend on if he has/takes the time to do another backup of forum stuff.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:34:41 PM by Taitoro »

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 08:16:57 AM »
At least most everything I pay attention to becomes irrelevant after a week or three.  So it won't be that major of a shift.

I never remember things a few weeks after they happen anyway.  It's just like having an alcohol problem.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 02:17:24 PM »
We're currently in a state of limbo regarding the site transfer. The domain is up for renewal in about a month, so the registrar has locked it down from transfer - and since our current host is also our registrar, I don't think it likely that they'll change the domain details to point us at a different host. I need to renew the domain and then see about getting it transferred, which probably won't happen until the early part of January.
- Have you ever contemplated suicide?
 - Frequently. But only for others.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 02:17:11 PM »
if you're seeing this message, congratulations - you're now on the new hosting site. For now, the site's main page will be a placeholder until I get WordPress installed; for the tournament, you'll need to go to http://www.rpgdl.com/tournament/ for the main site tourney. Voting is disabled for the moment, but we'll decide what to do with the in-progress week shortly.

if you find features or other things that are broken on the new hosting, post it here.

Known issues so far/things that still need doing:
  • Broken image links in BtS
  • No content on main page
  • Avatar uploads not working on forums - should be working now
  • Forum software/database upgrade
  • Wiki database password needs updating
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:55:19 PM by Halbarad »

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 03:11:10 PM »
There are a bunch of record errors in the DL, since the current upgrade/downgrade system isn't firing right a lot of the time.

Still need to sort out what to do with the site. We're on week 5, never did get it started though.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 03:13:34 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Cmdr_King

• Strong and Full of Love
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Is Gay
    • View Profile
    • CK Blog
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 05:39:18 PM »
Hal's already aware, but for everyone else...

[12:36] <CmdrKing> Warning: require_once(DefaultSettings.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/gensokyo/public_html/rpgdl/wiki/LocalSettings.php on line 9
[12:36] <CmdrKing> Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'DefaultSettings.php' (include_path='.:/home/duelers/public_html/wiki:/home/duelers/public_html/wiki/includes:/home/duelers/public_html/wiki/languages') in /home1/gensokyo/public_html/rpgdl/wiki/LocalSettings.php on line 9

Yeah, wiki will not be up for a bit.
CK: She is the female you
Snow: Speaking of Sluts!

<NotMiki> I mean, we're talking life vs. liberty, with the pursuit of happiness providing color commentary.

Halbarad

• Youkai of the Boundary
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 11:00:35 PM »
If there are further issues to report, you can also join the room #dlsiteupdate on IRC - it'll likely get a quicker response/acknowledgement than posting will. This also includes things like requesting access changes on the new WordPress or questions about how WP works in general.

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 05:32:32 AM »
Did the top of the forum that shows your avatar and personal messages disappear for anyone else?  Not sure why it's gone, and can't find where to turn it back on in the options.

Fudozukushi

• Denizen
  • Born to hunt Death Knights
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 06:24:57 AM »
Did the top of the forum that shows your avatar and personal messages disappear for anyone else?  Not sure why it's gone, and can't find where to turn it back on in the options.

Little arrow next to Home Help etc.