Register

Author Topic: Season 63 Rankings: Making the final cut  (Read 14575 times)

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
Re: Season 63 Rankings: Making the final cut
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2011, 12:44:54 AM »
and one with some potentially headache-y matches in Middle thanks to Gamble

Did you... just completely fail to read the last two posts?

If you don't want to rank another FE paladin then just say so (this is legitimate), but kindly stop creating false "interp issues" and then ignoring when people who take time to correct you. I certainly don't care if you want to oppose Kieran and I don't really care if he ends up being ranked or not, but I am a bit put off by your attitude.

(And if this is supposed to be some sort of commentary on the no-votes to Soul Nomad then this strikes me as being in incredibly poor taste given that several people just changed their votes towards supporting the game, including the person championing Kieran as a ranking idea. If it isn't, ignore this comment.)

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2011, 02:15:05 AM »
and one with some potentially headache-y matches in Middle thanks to Gamble

Did you... just completely fail to read the last two posts?

If you don't want to rank another FE paladin then just say so (this is legitimate), but kindly stop creating false "interp issues" and then ignoring when people who take time to correct you. I certainly don't care if you want to oppose Kieran and I don't really care if he ends up being ranked or not, but I am a bit put off by your attitude.

(And if this is supposed to be some sort of commentary on the no-votes to Soul Nomad then this strikes me as being in incredibly poor taste given that several people just changed their votes towards supporting the game, including the person championing Kieran as a ranking idea. If it isn't, ignore this comment.)

It's not meant to be malicious. I just noticed a lot of support for a random plotless cavalier not unlike those who we're strongly considering booting the next topic down. As for Gamble, it still strikes me as a bit weird, but if you're sure it's never a worthwhile option, then I'll defer to your FE expertise.

Still, I do find it a bit insulting that you guys will champion Kieran, who has no plot in either game he's in, and is a mediocre option whose likely to rarely see use (I certainly never used him, despite thinking he's was kinda amusing), and is a generic class that we have already overranked... but you argue that Layna, with plot importance, the ONLY PC Godlike, has a unique class, and is a free awesome unit in a game which gives you more than enough places to use her (seriously, ~60 units as a medium estimate) is too obscure and no one will remember her/have used her.

Talaysen

• Ara ara~
  • Administrator
  • Denizen
  • Ufufu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:09 AM »
For the record, I wasn't arguing Layna shouldn't be ranked.  But "why would you not use her I don't know" just stood out to me because I /didn't/ use her.  And I explained why.

And Kieran may not have much plot, but he had lines and was a pretty cool character in my opinion, so it wasn't too hard to get me to change my vote on him.  I've never felt that you had to "have plot" to be ranked, you just have to be memorable.  A lot of times more memorable characters have less plot than characters who do have plot.

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2011, 03:36:14 AM »
is a mediocre option whose likely to rarely see use

That's one opinion. But I'm pretty sure lots of players would disagree with you. For instance, I just searched the FE9 board for tier lists and found...

Quote from: FE9 tier list
Titania

Jill
Kieran
Oscar
Boyd
Reyson
[everyone else]

While we can nitpick his specific position, uh, paladins in FE9 are almost universally considered a completely overpowered class as a whole and he's one of the better ones. This admittedly helps my opinion of him as a ranking idea (EDIT: Yes, even if he doesn't translate terribly well. Not the first time it's happened with FE, and I've yet to see Oscar win 8 matches in a row so I'm not really worried here). In FE10 he's not as good overall, but on the other hand he's one of the better Crimean Knights and you're almost certain to use him during those chapters at least.

Maybe.

Scar

• Arriba!
  • Denizen
  • Let the Disco Begin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2011, 05:27:11 AM »
Uhm, am I in the right thread?

I support bringing Soul Nomad into the DL.

Gig was awesome, make sure he gets ranked.

That cow girl, the dude that is crazy then isn't crazy, but turns out to be crazy because he was actually insane. Yeah him too.

The Dio guy? He was funny, he should be in light.
"It took hundreds to kill me, but I killed by the thousands."

RPGDL Fantasy Football 2010 Champion

Niu

• Kitchen Knife
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • and Everyon's Hatred
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2011, 06:34:56 AM »
Did some editing, I think I made up my mind on how to vote on Levin.

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2011, 11:55:17 PM »
I am a pro cave-iner. Yes to Layna.
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2011, 01:49:05 PM »
Topic closes tonight, get your votes in now!

Edit: topic is closed, Elfboy will post results shortly!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:53:20 AM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Dark Holy Elf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2011, 05:27:56 AM »
Results! The numbers are listed as (number of rank votes) vs. (number of DNR votes). Over 66% approval is needed to get ranked, so the former number must be at least double the latter. All characters going on to the next phase of ranking are listed in green. There's a chance that some of these are slightly off, but everyone close to the border has been counted multiple times for insurance. Thanks for your participation, everyone!

13-1 Micaiah, Sothe, Elincia, Sanaki
12-1 Sephiran, Zelgius
11-1 Nailah, Caineghis
9-1 Lekain
11-2 Oliver
8-3 Kieran, Ashera
10-4 Marcia

5-4 Geoffrey
4-4 Nolan, Lucia
5-6 Volug
4-5 Jarod
5-7 Lethe, Ranulf, Skrimir, Kurthnaga
3-4 Tauroneo, Izuka
4-7 Edward, Leonardo, Mordecai
4-8 Ilyana, Gatrie, Shinon, Astrid, Bastian, Dheginsea
3-8 Others

13-5 Danette, Grunzford, Odie, Tricia, Vitali
12-5 Juno
11-5 Layna

9-6 Thuris
8-7 Raksha
7-6 Levin
6-7 Galahad
7-10 Agrippa
5-9 Pinot
6-10 Gestahl
6-11 Endorph, Shauna
4-12 Dio, Kanan
2-15 Reyva

Maybe.