imageRegister

Author Topic: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 40 (oh god 40????)  (Read 2004 times)

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 40 (oh god 40????)
« on: March 17, 2011, 10:19:27 PM »

"Congratulations! Let us see if you can continue this stampede of yours!"

Dhyer vs. Floor 5
Nitori vs. Floor 3
Miata vs. Floor 2

Team Dhyer's Matches

Floor 6: Overachievers

"Well, it seems you're coming quite far. Let us see how you do against those who you would traditionally face at the end of your journey."

Team Nitori's matches

Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes

"Ah... heroes. They usually take all the spotlight, don't you think? Well, I've dedicated part of my own dungeon to those who serve faithfully in shadow of those heroes... but who never get truly regonized."

Team Miata's Matches

Floor 3b: Multiply

"Welcome... It seems things have been a bit boring as late around here. Let's spice things up by increasing the range on abilities! Be careful, it isn't just your own! Hahahaha!"

----------------

Team Dhyer | Ness, Cielo, Nina1, Raja, Seifer (Status Symbol)
[Floor 6b: Overachievers]
Team Dhyer vs. Altima and Hashmalum
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Ghaleon (SSC) and Ghaleon (EBC)

Team Nitori | KOSMOS, Arc, Sasarai, White Wizard and Marisa
[Floor 4: Diff'rent Strokes]
Team Nitori vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz
Team Nitori vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
Team Nitori vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita
Team Nitori vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho
Team Nitori vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis

Team Miata | Lenneth, Aika, Alicia, Kevin (Firefly) Strago
[Floor 3b: Multiply]
**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Miata vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania
Team Miata vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
Team Miata vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge
Team Miata vs. Alma and Kresnik
*Full Heal
Team Miata vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS)

Status Symbol Law - Team is fully status, debuff and ID immune, but has damage done to them increased by 1.1x and damage done by them decreased to .9x.

Firefly - The first attack of each enemy will be redirected at the bearer of this sealstone. Multitarget attacks will focus on the bearer only. (E.g. MT Attack will hit the bearer (# of allies) times. (A 5 person party would have them be hit 5 times.))
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:39:15 PM by Nephrite »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
Re: Nyarlathotep's Dungeon: Week 40 (oh god 40????)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 04:34:02 AM »
Just posting kneejerks because I only have 5 minutes and I want to do this before I forget.

*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Loki and Surt
*Full Heal*

Team Nitori vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz
Team Nitori vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang
Team Nitori vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita

**All attacks, regardless of original ability, hit either all enemies or all allies for this floor.
Team Miata vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage
*Full Heal

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 04:41:50 AM »
Dhyer vs. Loki and Surt- Toss up here. Does Cielo go in between one of their turns is basically it. If yes, I think enough people should survive an MT blast thanks to his healing. But...I'm also assuming his healing is good enough (and hell, he's not durable before SS, he may die). I on average don't see myself getting past this, so voting against myself. Note that if you see Nina's speed up working on turn 1, I at least have a much better chance for this to work, but I don't respect that myself. Think I could have gotten a fight further on the other floor version, but with less definitive wins beforehand. Wanted to give them a few Godlike beatdowns.
*Full Heal*

So Alicia, Lenneth and Kevin are average, Aika is fast, Strago is slow. Note that I tend to assume that Alicia and Lenneth do have to act at the same time (Or else Soul Crush issues on Alicia’s end at least). Alicia has healing and status healing, Lenneth has healing, status healing, revival. Only one can use a spell at a time.

Team Miata vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania- They’ll beat this floor, but…obviously the enemies will get at least 1 turn to me, and Kevin will die (Average speed would be: Enemies, Team, Enemies, Team, Enemies to me). Lenneth can revive, but that eats up a lot of of ACT, and no Soul Strikes and the next enemy will kill Kevin anyways. Yeah, think Kevin isn’t really making it out of this match.

Team Miata vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage- So they pass this, but with kind of a problem. Lenneth herself trivializes this fight with Stone and Holy blocking but…Delta Shield shuts off her revival. Enemies are actually passably durable (at least compared to what you’d guess) and with opening MT Protect, probably survive the PWS stuff (At endgame DLwise, Lenneth and Alicia have 1.2 together. Alicia is of course better, but my Lenneth respect damage wise is generally lower. They need more than 1.35 to start OHKOing, and even at 1.5 PC HP damage, they’ll still be facing some round robin revival). I’m…seeing issues here getting out while keeping Kevin up. Again, revival eats a lot of damage, and with Protect, and then status/elemental damage halving (Strago hates), the FF team plays well here kind of. It could also arguably be near endless stalling if FF 1 casts 3 Blinks.

Team Miata vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge- If Kevin isn’t alive, then two of the enemies will act together and their will be horrible pain. If Kevin is alive, taking the brunt of the attacks should be okay. Basically, I have a lot of trouble seeing the team move on if they don’t start with Kevin alive and have a lot of trouble seeing them come in with Kevin alive. I think I’d need to argued on the second match to see a pass.

*Full Heal

Nitori later, but betting on a clean sweep.
...into the nightfall.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 07:34:35 AM »
Delta Shield shuts off her revival
Did it?  I recall there being an icon for "under Delta Shield" which would imply it's a one-round status effect, and dead characters generally can't be statused.  

Going to assume that VP2 damage control allows them to leave exactly one of the enemy team alive, then use the time to revive Kevin / Heal.  Firefly only blows Kevin up on round 1, so once Miata sets up stalling they should be good for heading into the next fight at full HP.
Well if FF5 White Mage gets a turn Miata plain loses as Image is a pretty brutal buff vs. a physical heavy team.  Luckily FF5WM is below average speed.  Unfortunately for FFT Priest I hold charge times against it so I don't think it can nuke Kevin with Holy before average speed rolls around, despite Holy being fairly fast-casting for magic.  So it throws up Protect instead.  Still, I don't think the WM team can survive a combined Lenneth / Alicia / Kevin / (Aika physical?!) here even with Protect up unless FF1 WM goes at a very opportune in the mess of average speed inits...  and in FF1, init is totally random anyway, so saying FF1 WM is guaranteed to go at perfectly average speed in the middle seems like a stretch..  Which is good since they lose for sure if the slower white mages throw up their cheaty buffs & stuff.
... CC TEAM IN THE DUNGEON AH.  CC is worse than FF1 because, uh, everyone is average speed, but *definitely* can't go at the same time in game; you pick one character who's first, then one who's second, etc. and can switch between them.  Meaning they theoretically get super-fast init hype here which meh.  OTOH it hoses them to make them all average speed, but only one getting to "move," and it betrays the game to let them all act simultaneously at average speed (okay modified by that turn-refresh stat maybe).  Going to assume Kevin dying + being revived + dying again gives team Miata time to win here.
Alma / Kresnik are totally unable to push here and settle for trying for an infinite draw (still only possible with Kresnik MP-refill for everyone hype).  However if so I'm saying that it takes so long that day becomes night and Kevin transforms and smashes through.
*Full Heal
Okay, Delta Shield turns off Golbez, great.  But Baigan seems insane for this floor - haha 50% chance of mini your entire team + damage.  That doesn't even matter, as Arm smash beatdown kills Kevin (I'll assume the Arms go after the main body, generously, since otherwise Mini hype is go), then Baigan casts Reflect.  (He apparently has Haste as well but I'm not inclined to overhype FF4DS Haste from what I understand.  Plus Golbez has good physical defense but terrible HP, so Reflect guards against dying to Strago)  Lenneth / Alicia revive Kevin then beat down.  Let's assume only Baigan dies from this.  Mist Dragon kills Kevin again with the whole 5x damage thing.  Strago does a pathetic physical thanks to Reflect.  Cag physicals the party.  Next turn, if Aika doesn't Delta Shield, Golbez will rain down some damage fastish, so thinking she'll DS, which means no Heal hype.  Golbez twiddles his thumbs.  Lenneth / Alicia unleash another combo - they probably don't bother reviving Kevin at this point for more damage.  If things are still alive, then Mist Dragon / Cag damgae will surely kill Aika, and the Mist Dragon / Cag / Golbez combined assault kills everyone by the start of round 3.  So the question is, does a Lenneth / Alicia chain in a turn where Invoke Feather was cast + LA chain off 100 AP kill enough stuff?  I have no idea, as VP2 translates to the dungeon bizarrely.  (Remember, in the DL, they each have 100 AP to spend *singley*.  Even a team of 4 still only has 100 AP to spend.  So damage averages would have to be adjusted to every possible 2-team pair with 100 AP or something crazy like that.)  Mist Dragon is claimed to be moderately tanky, as is Cag, and Golbez is tanky to physicals at least.  But Alicia / Lenneth is nothing to be sneezed at, especially if they can still manage to get a Soul Crush off on the Invoke Feather turn.  Open for arguments.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:42:50 PM by SnowFire »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 08:28:25 AM »
Well, I knew DS shut off positive magic, but the game could structure it as a status so that revival gets through. I admit that I generally don't agree on Lenneth and Alicia each getting 100 CT or whatev to work with. Dungeon isn't about DL performance, it's about in game performance, and in game Lenneth reviving means that her team acting with her as a whole does a lot less damage.

Similarly, not sure how they'll easily pull off things like only leaving 1 FE enemies alive. They want to kill, they finish with a PWS (And they want PWSes at this point, I'd imagine that eating 40 SP isn't going to work with that, but it could.).

Of course, dungeon does tend to have so many judgement calls. I will note that if you are assuming things like a specific enemy has to go last, it gets kind of bad. Referring to the FF 1 Mage can't go in the middle of average speed to you, but doesn't Blink mean that it also can't go first and must go last?
...into the nightfall.

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »
FWIW, Baigan only casts Reflect in FF4 or DS when he's hit with a magic attack first.

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 06:16:51 PM »
Everyone fails.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 07:53:47 PM »
Dhyer: To be clear, I agree, the team has 100 AP to work with period.  Which means that the damage averages of the VP2 characters singly can't be trusted, since in a bizarre way they can do less a round as a team.  And yeah, I assume that a round with Invoke Feather cast is going to have a lot less damage because htey probably can't pull off a Soul Crush.

I don't follow your point about Blink?  Anyway, I meant more that if I was making an RPG engine to simulate FF1 WM, I'd roll up a Bell Curve from 80% - 120% for their speed every round.  Seems about as fair a way to represent random speeds against other systems as any other.  In the dungeon all that uncertainty gets taken out and it becomes flat 100%, but I think it's a qualitatively different 100% then "genuinely average speed in a game with no such distinctions" a la Kevin / Lenneth / Alicia, which if I was coding up the DL app would always go at 100% init every time.

Nephrite: Good catch.  Aqua Rake isn't scaring Cagnazzo but that extra bit of offense is probably enough to overwhelm here, and I don't think Baigan switching to triple physicals (annihilate Kevin, Arms everyone else) does enough to kill Aika with Cag's physicals.  It's closeish since Aika is not exactly durable but will lean toward a pass for Team Miata then.

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 12:36:19 AM »
They shouldn't do less a round as a team since the advantage is now they use their AP far more efficiently while attacking. For example, now they can likely PWS with using Heal, if not while using Revive.

So Nitori, ignored by even himself!
Team Nitori vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz- So he has effectively like 1 reviver here, and likely no ID immunity, yet. Helps if WW has it. That said, not impossible they can wipe out all the slow ones. Kyra of course gets Defense Up, but Arc has magic, Sasarai has MT pain, and KOSMOS has some magic damage.
Team Nitori vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang- On the other hand, this is trickier. Yang is sleeping someone (KOSMOS I guess), and I'm not sure that without the
Team Nitori vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita- Lots of status here! Some ID, and the team is fast enough to ensure they are going at inopportune times unlike previous matches. If WW is alive, Peppita is IDing her. Sasarai likely has 1 shot of revival that takes two turns to go off if really needed. Don't really think they can get past this. The reviver is gone and Albel and Roger can either cripple with Confuse and MP Busting. Even if they make it to the next match. They face the pain of guaranteed dying to PWSes with no solid revival method.
...into the nightfall.

• Suggests the birth of an abomination
  • DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »
Team Dhyer vs. Altima and Hashmalum - Hashmalum's frail, so even with the durability hit and I'd like to say somewhat middling offense (though Cielo should have Ziodyne with double-boosting by now--that's a big offensive pick-me-up.  But ironically he doesn't need it for this fight, he has Hamaon for gravity!), he's only getting off one spell total?  Furthermore, Grand Cross is shut down, and needless to say, Altima doesn't pose much of a fight here.
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Cloud of Darkness and Xande - Not sure if we're talking NES or DS.  If the former, Xande gets splortched before he can do anything, and Cloud of Darkness gets outslugged in a rather pathetic manner.  If the latter...not sure, might still get splortched, but it comes down to Cloud of Darkness.  Who...not too inclined to respect.  Bad Breath is shut down, and some rakukaja abuse should take their offense down in short order since she has no dispel.  It gets tricky around the start, but gets easier as they go along.  Giving Dhyer the benefit of the doubt here.

I like 'splortch'.  It's a nice onomatopoeia.
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Sephiroth and Jenova-Birth - Bad news, Sephy.  I hold you to your blatant pattern.  And due to that, he can't abuse Pale Horse or Break, and this is arguably the one time he wishes he could use Supernova flat out.  Jenova's not able to throw out Stop, either.  Regardless, Sephiroth doesn't get into the real damage until about turn 4 or 5...which gives the party plenty of time to set up defenses.  Jenova can spam Tail Laser to hell and back, but that's about it.  A bit of a breather fight if you ask me.
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Loki and Surt  - aaaaaaand this is where Status Symbol comes to bite our team in the ass.  Loki and Surt go at around the same time, and have way too much wide-area damage.  Wide-area damage that is going to splatter them sooner or later.  I don't think the one shot of Rakukaja is enough to save this party from dying horribly.
*Full Heal*

Team Nitori - just going to be concise here--this isn't pretty.  Only one reviver?  And the party's facing down MT disabling status (Bindwa) and two sources of ID (Savol's a threat to everyone, Crush and Brose draw weakness on KOS from what I remember)  Even if they do make it through there, I'm not taking bets on the team surviving the next two fights.

Team Miata vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania - I don't respect FE counters versus MT, at the very least.  However, Kevin's going to explode if anyone gets a turn.  Which I imagine they will.
Team Miata vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage - This...is generally brutal.  MT defensive spells are going up in a single turn, and this just gets sick.  If any of them gets off Reraise, it just makes the fight that much worse.  As it stands, though...ow.  If they make it through, it's not going to be in that good of a condition, since Alicia and Lenneth have to sacrifice both of their offense for one to heal.
Team Miata vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge - Not sure how this goes down, but...going to side with Dhyer here.  Team's not making it through.
*Full Heal
<+Nama-EmblemOfFire> ...Have the GhebFE guy and the ostian princess guy collaborate.
 <@Elecman> Seems reasonable.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 05:10:17 PM »

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 06:51:15 AM »
Fleshing this out a bit.

*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
*Full Heal*
Team Dhyer vs. Loki and Surt - Actually, apart from this fight, Status Symbol pretty much slaughtered this floor, too.
*Full Heal*

Team Nitori vs. Kyra, Raja, Hahn and Gryz - I would give the team the benefit of the doubt here.
Team Nitori vs. Palom, Porom, Cid and Yang - And I generally don't respect this bunch.
Team Nitori vs. Albel, Roger Huxley and Peppita - This fight alone kicks their ass.
Team Nitori vs. Gandar, Belenus, Lawfer, Arngrim and Shiho - and if they made it passed that last fight, then the PWS smackdown all at once here takes them out.
Team Nitori vs. Worker 8, FFT Cloud, Beowulf and Reis - If they had by some miracle managed to win the last fight and leave Shiho around long enough to heal up, they could totally take this fight at full health.

Team Miata vs. Marcus, Seth and Titania - This is the only problem fight I see. 3-same-speed solid physicallers hitting the whole team is brutal and may very well take out Strago or Aika. I think they make it through though.
Team Miata vs. FF1 White Wizard, FFT Priest, FF5 White Mage and FF3DS White Mage - This fight is trivial if Aika didn't die in the last fight. If she -did- die, then Lenneth or Alicia revives (gets anyone else who may have died too!) and then the endless Delta Shield works for giving the team the time they need to build up good Kevin/Lenneth/Alicia combos.
Team Miata vs. Lynx, Harle, Glenn and Serge - Gonna say that Strago has Pearl Wind by now, which probably insta-kills Lynx and Harle.
Team Miata vs. Alma and Kresnik - Takes forever, but there's not much that Alma and Kresnik can do to actually put any pressure on Miata's team, who has 4 characters that aren't relying on MP for their damage/healing and the team's got a full heal coming up!
*Full Heal
Team Miata vs. Golbez (DS), Cagnazzo (DS), Mist Dragon (DS) and Baigan (DS) - generally low boss respect here + the full heal means that Strago's in top shape.

tl;dr: Miata passes, Dhyer/Kappa fall.

Magic Fanatic

• Denizen
  • As if it wasn't already.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 06:59:07 AM »
So it's really a rocks fall, everyone dies segment this week?

Bardiche

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »
So it's really a rocks fall, everyone dies segment this week?