Register

Author Topic: Rando team matches: Because why not.  (Read 1373 times)

superaielman

• "Mordero daghain pas duente cuebiyar/The fear of death holds not my heart!"
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
Rando team matches: Because why not.
« on: April 09, 2011, 03:56:05 AM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs X, Zero, Cinnamon, Massimo (MMXCM)
Myria (BoF1) vs Randi, Popoi, Purim (SoM)
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4)
Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2) vs Ashera and Sephiran (FE10)

Magus Three (FFX) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)
Rofel Wodring, Vormav Tingel, Kletian Drowa (FFT) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)
Mewtwo (PKMN) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Xorn and Emelious (G3)
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------
<Meeple> knownig Square-enix, they'll just give us a 2nd Kain
<Ciato> he would be so kawaii as a chibi...

Nephrite

• Denizen
  • President of the Great United States of America
    • View Profile
Re: Rando team matches: Because why not.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 04:44:25 AM »
Am I allowed to vote on FF4DS or do you want FF4o for these?

Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs X, Zero, Cinnamon, Massimo (MMXCM)- I don't think it matters here though, Barbie just Maelstroms and Rubi torches them to death.
Myria (BoF1) vs Randi, Popoi, Purim (SoM) - Hm... I... hm. I will have to think about this one.
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4) - I... think? Maybe?
Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2) vs Ashera and Sephiran (FE10)

Magus Three (FFX) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars) - The Magus Sisters do not have the damage to avoid getting killed.
Rofel Wodring, Vormav Tingel, Kletian Drowa (FFT) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)
Mewtwo (PKMN) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG) - Uh, really? Mewtwo can't possibly kill anyone before he's dead.
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Xorn and Emelious (G3) - worst case scenario, Timelord uses Overdrive and uses Time Eclipse on both Xorn and Emelious, that makes them -so- painfully worthless.

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
  • Well-behaved women seldom make history
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 05:08:21 AM »
Initial thoughts anyway. Some of these need more analysis.

Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs X, Zero, Cinnamon, Massimo (MMXCM): MMX can't really blitz Val due to spin, Cin/Massimo aren't that great. They can blitz Rubi somewhat effectively, but Val + the others is good enough seeing as at least one of the heavy hitters drops before this point.
Myria (BoF1) vs Randi, Popoi, Purim (SoM): Think the speed just overwhelms. Only one reviver doesn't cut it here.
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4): Lufia 2 voter. Any sinistrals that make it to the final form get FRIED by triple damage Megid.
Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2) vs Ashera and Sephiran (FE10): Pretty high respect for the devils here, and they have the right style of offence to deal with Ashera (good mix of strong attacks to either defence).

Magus Three (FFX) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars): Magus three don't have enough damage? What crazy version of FFX is this. Sandy does something like 3-4PCHP hits by herself, and Cindy is excellent support and a death tank. Magus Three regularly take down much better superbosses than this.
Rofel Wodring, Vormav Tingel, Kletian Drowa (FFT) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3): Too many of FFT team's tricks (status, equip breaking) don't work here. Okay, Kletian isn't spoiled, but there's a very real chance he dies to the combined damage of Shady and Alfred, because it's freaking Kletian.
Mewtwo (PKMN) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG): SMRPG's ability to hit both defences makes a fight out of this, but it's not enough. After Barrier, Mewtwo's -lower- durability is 2x, and the SMRPG people struggle to one-round average, so Mewtwo's further buffs and speed put this away. I guess there's Sleepy Time hype or something, not too much faith in it myself, but maybe...
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Xorn and Emelious (G3): Neph's strategy doesn't work too well because Xorn/Emelious are highly resistant to stat downs. I suppose if TL uses all 8 turns, he can get one of them reliably though. TL... should probably do just that, because otherwise Emelious will OHKO him. So TE the fuck out of Emelious, have the rest of the team blitz him down while Xorn isn't that scary... yeah, should work. Especially since the team has two revivers.

Erwin Schrödinger will kill you like a cat in a box.
Maybe.

SnowFire

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 05:48:22 AM »
If Myria can't OHKO Purim she loses, because otherwise Purim spams Heal Water if nothing else.  (Definitely not buying doubles hype here.)

Something of an antivote, but figuring out what kind of damage average to scale Aeons against is hard, and I'd enforce AI for them while letting the Lunar characters team up on whoever's the most dangerous.  Sure Magus sisters win this with max damage hype but meh.
Neither's tricks really work but WA3 outnumbers if nothing else in the slugfest while being decently tanky so.

Random Consonant

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 06:34:50 AM »
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4) - L3 might have an argument but it likely hinges on seeing them as more durable than I do.  L2... see NEB.

Mewtwo (PKMN) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG) - Honestly I can buy a status argument here.  Well no, FRLG has Safeguard but not too sure Mewtwo can really afford to spend first turn with that.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:37:01 AM by Random Consonant »

Dhyerwolf

• Denizen
  • Here it comes, the story, of mankind's final glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 08:06:50 AM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs X, Zero, Cinnamon, Massimo (MMXCM)
Myria (BoF1) vs Randi, Popoi, Purim (SoM)- Speed Down (at least on movements, which is physically relevant)+Lucid Barrier means Myria must endlessly chip at Purim until she runs out of MP. Meanwhile...Mana Sword exists and is useful here
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4)- Sinistrals vs MT OHKO HOLY DAMAGE.

Magus Three (FFX) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)- Sandy does nearly 3x Physical damage, which should 2HKO any of the Lunarian (Defense is their good defensive stat). I...could say random targetting getting the Magus Sisters, but things like Auto-Life and Full Life and all three at least being above average speed make it seem very likely that the Sisterws win
Rofel Wodring, Vormav Tingel, Kletian Drowa (FFT) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)- Ugh pain. But this is really chipping past Maya, and gut says...FFT may pull it off. No great barometer on the WA 3 boss HP though.
Mewtwo (PKMN) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)
...into the nightfall.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 03:01:57 PM »
Rubicant, Milon, Valvalis, Cagnazzo (FF4) vs X, Zero, Cinnamon, Massimo (MMXCM)- I think.
Myria (BoF1) vs Randi, Popoi, Purim (SoM)- I think SoM has some kind of slow/accuracy down spell somewhere. That should be enough.
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4)- Kneejerk that they can overwhelm PD's final form. DARK REFLECTOR!!! actually gets hype, since it lets Daos get at least one extra turn.
Odd Eye, Geshp, Cameela, Zalbard (SF2) vs Ashera and Sephiran (FE10)- Any reason why Seph can't start picking them off? His offense alone is enough to seriously threaten any of the devils, and he can't be killed till Ashera dies.

Magus Three (FFX) vs Ghaleon, Xenobia, and Royce (Lunars)- Depends on if Royce gets a turn or not to start up the Flamebird shit (Or if I even see that working here). EDIT: Even if flamebird works, I'd see it fizzling when Royce dies. She won't get two turns.
Rofel Wodring, Vormav Tingel, Kletian Drowa (FFT) vs Maya Schrodinger, Todd Dukakis, Shady Thousand, Alfred Schroedinger (WA3)- I think the Schrodingers can blitz Kletian if all four attack, but that still leaves Vormav and Rofel time to work them over. Thankfully for them, Todd has some gravity damage to fall back on at worst.
Mewtwo (PKMN) vsMario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG)- FRLG. Doubt Mewtwo can overwhelm them at this point.
Red, Asellus, White Rose, TimeLord, Fuse (Saga) vs Xorn and Emelious (G3)- I seriously doubt Death Knell OHKOs Alkaiser, and that's very bad.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 02:21:23 PM by superaielman »
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself"- Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
-------------------

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »
And just to doublecheck- The  CM team has no revival and Zero can't go Absolute Zero right off the bat, correct?
-------------------

dude789

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »
Daos, Erim, Gades, Amon (Lufias) vs Profound Darkness (PS4): Lufia 3 forms destroy PD and Lufia 2 forms have a shot.

Mewtwo (PKMN) vs Mario, Princess Toadstool, Mallow (SMRPG) Status wins it.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »
Yeah, pretty sure X's team gets stomped. Spin+poke from Milon should knock out Zero (This is important, as Absolute Zero would slaughter Rubicant). X should live to get a turn (and even healed) but he's got issues knocking out the two dangerous fiends more or less by himself. Rubicant is going to kill Massimo before he gets a turn and Cinnamon can't revive, so...
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
Zero can go Absolute Zero off the bat, but MMXCM does indeed have no revival.

he can't be killed till Ashera dies.

Why not? Ashera doesn't have any revival or anything like that.

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »
IIRC one of Seph's skills is that he retargets any fatal blow to a nearby ally. I see that mattering not at all in the DL, but here? Yeah, it would.
-------------------

Dark Holy Elf

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »
Oh, good point. Yeah, guess I would see that working here. Though, probably not against multitarget, so ZALBARD might be able to finish him off?

Maybe.

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »
The  Devils are taking a lot of punishment in the forms of counters here. Odd Eye and Geshp tag Seph, and Zalbard finishes him off?
-------------------

superaielman

• Denizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 03:21:58 PM »
Going to update this friday, so get your votes in now!
-------------------