Author Topic: DLC6 Wrapup!  (Read 13764 times)

Grefter

• Villain.
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • True and Honest. Smarter. More aggressive.
    • View Profile
Re: DLC6 Wrapup!
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2011, 04:51:40 AM »

NO MORE POKEMON - Meeplelard.
The king perfect of the DL is and always will be Excal. - Superaielman
Don't worry, just jam it in anyway. - SirAlex
Gravellers are like, G-Unit - Trancey.

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2011, 05:22:56 AM »
Brosefs fo life yo
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 05:29:58 AM by Hunter Sopko »

Hunter Sopko

• Heavily in Debt
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Hai, Kazuma-desu
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »
Hmm. Wanted to eventually make a con post, so here it is!

Wednesday: The hotel snafu was resolved with little pain. Flight was an hour delayed, but that seems to be the norm for me at DLCon. Ended up being slightly fortuitous, since I was able to handle the hotel stuff during time I would have been on the plane and unavailible. Day was fairly chill and ended on a high note of the most awesome live Arkham game I've ever been a part of. GMing for Yibb-S'til, Grefter managed to stay alive alone in GOO combat despite actively trying to be devoured until it had 7 successes left out of 120. He was alone since... 33 I think? Somewhere around there? He swore louder and more frequently every single time he rolled a success on the roll that kept him alive. Pretty much the most hilarious moment at the con, for me. Props to HY and Snow for picking up the game faster than I've ever seen someone pick it up!

Thursday: San Antonio was had! Fun times. OK was sadly the default whipping boy, though after bowling this year that might change... The Alamo was pretty interesting and the ode to tourist traps block across the street even moreso (in a different way). Riverwalk was cool and it was a very different sort of experience for a DL-Con since I've never done the tourist thing at one. Pissed I didn't think to bring my camera, but I did take two pictures with my cell phone! And Andy still needs to post the pic from the Alamo! Anyway, the night was capped off (I think?) by the OTHER most hilarious Arkham game ever and nearly the second Arkham mutiny to occur at a DL-Con. Tsathaggua is a bitch.

Friday: We woke up and Shalefast was had, with much rejoicing. Gamefellas was really interesting and awesome, if overpriced, but the acquisition of a fucking amazing condition original Wipeout was totally worth it. (Note to Captain K about Gamefellas: People want to go to ALL games stores at cons. Honestly, even though people bought more stuff at GameStop, Gamefellas was far cooler.) The comics/games store was similarly awesome. Music Quiz was fun. I cleaned up on Bonuses as usual, and was vastly entertained by the Simpsons one. Gotta love Super Bonus Funtime Sing-Along! Grats to people who won prizes. Rudy's was great and caught up with folks that I didn't otherwise get to talk to at the con. Zetta Cake for Godlike! Previously mentioned Arkham game might've been this night...

Saturday: IHOP was fucking hilarious for breakfast. That's all I'll say about that. Arcade UFO was great, live real Blazblue, nostalgia tripping on TMNT Arcade and Alien vs. Predator was awesome. Shale's a bro. Nothing like quality male bonding~ Bowling was fun even if it degenerated into me sucking for a third year in a row. Oh well, Andy's trolling at least made it hilarious. Don't think it would have gotten to me as much as it did if it wasn't all true! The car-ride over was pretty funny as well ("Weinerschnitzel? Weinerschnitzel? Really? Fucking Weinerschnitzel?" and so on.) Not that we did much better on the way back (Arby's!). The night game of Small World was a great capstone.

Sunday: Running into everyone at Sonic in the morning was pretty awesome. Otherwise, this day was all about tearful and heartfelt kicks in the ass out the door type goodbyes. Also Pokemon trading. The Utena movie was really the highlight of the day here, when all is said and done. The DL is all about watching Anthy drive a Vulvo.

Monday: Another plane ride, another delay. At least there was a bar. Hanging out with Jim, Meeple, Shale and later Xer at the airport was fun at least.

People-wise... I'll do the normal thing and just go with people I haven't met yet or have something to say about:

Snow: Not sure what to say. Definitely far different than what I expected in a good way. Very similar to NEB in that we get along well in real life whereas online not so much (though NEB and I certainly get along much better online these days). Utena movie was worth it for his (and Gate's) reactions. Still kind of amused that people still get the reaction of "Oh, your sense of humor totally works in real life!" reactions to me.

VSM: Is awesome. I almost felt sorry about making him sleep on the chair in the room. Almost. Hopefully he learned a valuable life lesson about not waiting until the last minute to make con arrangements. Otherwise was generally fun to hang out with. Hopefully I've successfully been able to draw him into IF games with Spectral Force 3. Given that I haven't seen him in chat lately, I suspect this may be the truth...

Captain K: I don't believe I spoke more than 10 words to Captain K all con. There was greetings, a blurb about the Arkham game which I've totally broken, and farewell. Oops. Oh well. Chalk it up to bad timing.

HY: Generally great! Fun for Arkham and Betrayal, wish we got to talk more on that note.

Andy and Gref: You are the brothers I never had and I love you guys ;-;

Jim: Sucks we didn't hang out as much as we could've, especially since it looks like you won't make it next year. Still, good times had.

Shale: Best roommate ever! Breakfast was great. Still kind of amused on how much food we bought that we never used. At least we got Hal's grocery shopping done for him. After all, what proper Capitalist's shopping list doesn't include a huge knife? Also good for TURTLE POWER! Cowabunga, dude.

Ash and OK: It was fun hanging out with you girls on the San Antonio trip. Ash is a great person, and for some reason I always get the feeling that I really get on her nerves... probably because I so compete for Andy's affections <3. Oh well. OK is a great presence at cons and oft unjustly persecuted. Now only if he would stop menstruating EVERYWHERE he would totally fit in more.

NEB and Ciato: Didn't interact with them as much as I usually do. Sad, but happens. What little there was was good.

Hal: Not to disparage the awesome job he did with the con, but it's pretty funny hearing "Best planned con ever" after our conversation on con planning, in retrospect. Zetta Cake was a brilliant idea though. With that, Hal embraced the age old Capitalist mantra of YA GOTTA HAVE A GIMMICK. Now Hal will be ready for that stripping career!

Alex: Sad times we didn't get to play more Betrayal or interact more, but we live in two different DL worlds now. Not to mention you did all that driving, which is awesome. Still, no excuse for not hanging around more. Need to try for more of that next time.

Xer: Finally getting to face him in fightin' gamez was eye-opening, to say the least. Nothing like being ground into powder under his heel (like I'm not used to that?). Nearly perfecting him in the Arcade that one match made everything worthwhile. Is also a world-class thief.

Zenny: Still sorry I didn't get you that shirt. We needed to have more hilarious hijinx and shenanigans though. WILD CARD, BITCHES!

So wraps up another con... sorry to the people I didn't get to! Understudy roles will be posted next week and there's always next year...

DjinnAndTonic

• Genie and Potion with Alcoholic Undertones
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • "When you wish upon a bar~"
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2011, 09:06:44 AM »
What is this about a "Zetta Cake"? I hope it's Makai Kingdom related.

Yoshiken

• Denizen
  • Yay!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2011, 10:47:31 AM »
Haven't you looked at the pics, Djinn? It's one badass freaking book-cake. Looks amazing. :D

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
Oooh, cool Cake! Also, it seems that Yakumo made a bead-sprite of my Tir sprite. I'm honored!

Ranmilia

• Poetry Lover
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • Not a squid!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
So this was a pretty awesome con, I loved it, and the first thing I have to say is thank you so much to everyone that attended.  And everyone that helped out, except that was everyone who attended, so yeah.  And apologies to the people I drove to the wrong hotel, or the wrong way on one way streets, or etc. 

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
(Note to Captain K about Gamefellas: People want to go to ALL games stores at cons. Honestly, even though people bought more stuff at GameStop, Gamefellas was far cooler.)

That was actually someone else's comment.  They just didn't want to hurt Hal's feelings.  I, of course, have no such compunctions.  ;D

Luther Lansfeld

• Global Moderator
  • Denizen
  • Her will demands it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »
Gamefellas is cooler, I was just looking for cheap cheap American games because I just bought an XBox360!
When humanity stands strong and people reach out for each other...
There’s no need for gods.

http://backloggery.com/ciato

Profile pic by (@bunneshi) on twitter!

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 08, 2011, 12:41:55 AM »
Suddenly, Tales of Vesperia invaded Ciato's nightmares and shuffled itself inside her trunk.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »
Meant to post this a while ago.  Think you can figure out how that went.  If I don't mention you, you should view it as an intentional snub, a sign that I totally hate you and curse the ground you walk on. 

General thoughts: BBQ is delicious.  10-pin bowling must die (seriously, Candlepin's where it's at, baby).  I want a Bionic Arm.

Hal - thank you so, so much for hosting and driving.  Awesome 'stache, dude.

Snow - you are just like I thought you would be.  That's a very good thing.

OK - I enjoyed all the talking we got to do, mostly as a result of you being awesome enough to drive me, like, everywhere.  Thanks, dude.

super - I hung out with a lot this con.  We talked the talk (politics!  vidjagames!  super's inability to go nil in Spades!) and we walked the walk (over to the Wal-Mart in the middle of the night, in search of cards/t-shirts.  Didn't even get lost!)

mc - y'know, I think we barely talked at all this con.  Go fig.

Capt. K - Wins the "DL member I haven't been drinking with who I'd most want to go out drinking with" award.  Lemme know next time you're up in New York.  If, y'know, you're ever up in New York. I'll buy you a beer.

Elfboy - we managed to go the entire con without any sports-fandom-related injuries.  go us.

Gate - I'm nominating you for sainthood after how long you waited for those subs.

HY - Pleasure meeting you.

NotMiki - You are the awesomest dude.  So glad I'm always at the cons you attend.

Alex - thanks so, so much for driving.

VSM - Fuck you, Grant Morrisson's da man!  Seriously though, always great to get in some comic book shop talk.

Tonfa - a worthy adversary.

Gref - Marmite is an expression of collective cultural self-loathing in culinary form.  It tastes like salt and despair.  I hope you seek the help you need.  You too, HY.

Zenny - Thanks for the beer at bowling.  Hit the spot.
Rocky: you do know what an A-bomb is, right?
Bullwinkle: A-bomb is what some people call our show!
Rocky: I don't think that's very funny...
Bullwinkle: Neither do they, apparently!

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2011, 09:13:20 AM »
Oh, that reminds me.  You're a son of a bitch, Jim.

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 18, 2011, 12:26:30 PM »
[22:07] * NotMiki fistfucks Zenny until his asshole bleeds

Cotigo

• Jerkface
  • Denizen
  • Yoo-hoo, Mr. Tentacle Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 18, 2011, 07:08:50 PM »
<3

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2011, 02:21:13 AM »
Capt. K - Wins the "DL member I haven't been drinking with who I'd most want to go out drinking with" award.  Lemme know next time you're up in New York.  If, y'know, you're ever up in New York. I'll buy you a beer.

I'm a teetotaler, but I appreciate the sentiment.   :)

NotMiki

• Denizen
  • Social Justice McNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »
Then I'll buy you some tea.  (yeah, I know.  different etymology, whatever. tea's delicious).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 12:18:52 AM by NotMiki »

DjinnAndTonic

• DL
  • Denizen
    • View Profile
    • RPGDL Wiki
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2011, 12:57:47 AM »
It has a different etymology?

Captain K.

• Do you even...
  • DL
  • Denizen
  • ...lift books bro?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2011, 01:00:38 AM »
I don't like tea either though.  :(

Jo'ou Ranbu

• Social Justice Steampunk Literature Character
  • New Age Retro Fucking Hipster
  • Denizen
  • Ah'm tuff fer mah size!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2011, 01:49:04 AM »
Philistine.
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> HEY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> LAGGY
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> UVIET?!??!?!
[01:08] <Laggy> YA!!!!!!!!!1111111111
[01:08] <Soppy-ReturningToInaba> OMG!!!!
[01:08] <Chulianne> No wonder you're small.
[01:08] <TranceHime> cocks
[01:08] <Laggy> .....